you’ve given up on us.
你们不再受工会保护
You won’t have the union to protect you.
我不知道你们是否都清楚
Now, I don’t know if it’s been made clear to you,
支持新学校不一定就意味着
but supporting this new school does not necessarily mean
你们可以签约在这里教书
you’ll be signing a contract to teach there.
即使你们被雇佣了,也不会有任何保障
Even if you are hired, there are no guarantees.
全国上下
That’s what’s been happening all over the country
类似的学校都是同样下场
with these kinds of schools.
六个月后,学校倒闭,教师失业
Six months later they’re failing, and people are out of a job.
我真正担心的是人的本性
So, what really worries me is human nature.
人的本性就是害怕
It’s human nature to be afraid.
别的学校的行政人员都很害怕
And we’ve got administrators at other schools who are afraid.
他们害怕自己的学校也变成这样
They’re afraid of the same thing happening at their schools.
他们告诉我们
And they’re telling us
参与过这些活动的教师一律不雇佣
they don’t want to hire the teachers who got all this started.
打扰一下
‘Scuse me. ‘Scuse me, please.
布伦娜,你说
Yes, Breena. ‘Scuse me.
所以基本上你的意思就是
So basically what you’re telling us
如果我们继续打算接管学校
is if we go along with this “takeover”
宾州教师协会就要把我们拉到黑名单
TAP will blacklist us.
不,这不是我的意思
No, that’s not what I’m saying.
我是说,我不能保证别的学校如何反应
I’m saying we can’t guarantee how other schools might react.
还不够清楚吗?还是我说的没有道理?
Is this confusing? I mean, does this make sense?
没道理,我觉得没有道理
No, no, it does not. It doesn’t make sense.
对不起,迈克,你要我再怎么解释?
Sorry about that, Michael. How can I elucidate this for you?
我是工会的一员
很好     
I’m a member of this union.
Great.
我也是一个人
And I’m also a human.
对不起,我不能同意你对人性的看法
And I’m sorry, I just don’t agree with your view of human nature
对人性的评估
about your assessment of our humanity.
我并不害怕,我认识的这些老师们也不害怕
I’m not afraid, and the teachers that I know, we’re not fearful.
事实上,这些老师都充满勇气
In fact, the teachers that I know are bold at heart
他们想改变,是为学生着想
and they want change because it’s what’s best for our students.
我们只是缺一位领导者
And what we’ve been lacking is leadership.
你猜现在怎样了?
Well, guess what?
我们找到了
We found some.
赫拉德看到我进来了,所以我长话短说
Holland saw me come in, so I just have a minute.
就是这个
Here’s the thing.
我们都在为一些事情担心
We’re all scared of something.
我害怕事情一成不变,而你们害怕事情有所改变
I’m scared of things staying the same, you’re scared of things not.
这是我们给学校的资料,这就是你们的学校
This is what we’re giving the board. This is your school.
标准测试学习计划
Standardized test study programs
嘻哈音乐集中赛
integrating competitive hip-hop,
这是布伦娜的主意
that’s Breena’s idea.
社区参与项目还有服务区参观,这是麦可的想法
Community outreach programs and service field trips, that’s Michael’s.
没错
Thattagirl.
五年级生阅读、表演莎士比亚戏剧,本的点子
Fifth graders reading and acting Shakespeare, that’s Ben’s.
罗拉,如果我们不能教书,这些都是纸上谈兵
Nona, none of this means anything if we can’t teach.
你们会在这里教书,一定会的
You will teach. You’ll teach here.
看看他们对你做的吧
Look what they did to you.
是啊,他们是对我那样
Yeah. They did.
没错,把孩子们从你手中夺走
And it’s true that having your kids
简直要了你的命
taken from you just about kills you.
但是孩子们的情况更糟糕
But it’s worse for the kids.
我一直想的就是孩子们
And it’s them, the kids, that I’m tryin’ to think about.
现在只为他们着想
Just them now.
你们明白我说的吗?
You get what I’m saying?
保安要来了
Security is on its way.
是吗?你要拘捕我吗?
Yeah? You gonna arrest me?
当然
You betcha.
丢了工作就有这个好处
That’s one good thing about bein’ out of a job.
你不用担心被解雇
You don’t have to worry about getting fired
即使你让你老板去吃屎
when you tell your boss to go screw himself.
读读我们的未来吧
Read the future.
好了,现在大家都清楚了…
All right, just so everybody’s clear…
不好意思
‘Scuse me.
这房♥间仅供教师使用
This room is for teachers.
Seventeen 17
加1个
plus one
18个
is eighteen.
他们依然支持我们
They’re all still with us.
我们去庆祝吧
Let’s celebrate.
两天后就是听证会了
Hearing in two days.

Hey.
我听说了你的事
I heard about what you did.
你在道歉吗?
Are you apologizing?
为什么这个女人对孩子是个威胁?
来电:阿瑟·古德 宾州教师协会主席
让他留言
Take a message.
来电:阿瑟·古德
阿瑟·古德:你在哪?
他说再打来就是要你走人了
He says the next time he calls it’ll be to fire you.
记得我六岁时,工会刚刚成型
I remember when I was 6 and the union first came around.
我们一家人去参加会议
We’d go to the meetings as a family.
他们成功当选后,我爸哭了
When they were finally voted in, my father cried.
我另一次看到他哭
The only other time I saw him cry
是当我告诉他我要来这里工作
was when I told him I was coming here.
小伙子啊
Oh, boy.
不要送过去
Don’t send it.
古德先生已经送过去了
Mr. Gould already did.
我告诉他你要过来
I told him you were coming.
要我跟你一起吗?
不用      
You want me to go up with you?
No.
他说,如果他睡了把他叫醒
He said to wake him up if he was asleep.
科迪
Cody.
科迪
Cody.
科迪,醒醒,醒醒
Cody, wake up, wake up. Come on.
醒醒
Wake up.
醒醒,听我说
Wake up. Listen to me.
我有话对你说
I’ve got something to tell you, ’cause you
这些话别人不会跟你说
can’t hear it from someone else, okay?
疝气,你听说过吗?
Something called colic. Have you heard of colic?
没有
No.
没人知道为什么婴儿会得这种病
It’s something that babies get and nobody knows why.
但是这个病让你哭了好久
But it makes you cry for hours and hours.
婴儿一旦得了疝气,就得立即医治
And when you have a colicky baby, you just have to deal with it.
很多好妈妈都做得很好
And a lot of good mothers can.
但我没有
But I had a hard time.
一天晚上,你哭的很厉害
One night, you were crying real hard
我喝了点酒
and I had a little wine.
喝得不少
More than a little.
你病情加重后,我决定带你看医生
And then it got worse, so I decided to take you to the doctor.
我应该打电♥话♥给别人,但是我没有
And I should have called someone, but I didn’t.
我把你放到车里,想自己开车带你去
Sol put you in the car and I tried to drive you myself,
但是我撞车了
but I didn’t make it because I smashed up the car.
撞得很糟
Really bad.
越来越多的人知道这件事
More people found out about this
他们会对你说些话
and they might say something to you
我想让你知道如何应答
and I want you to know the words to say.
他们会说什么?
恶言恶语   
What are they gonna say?
Bad things.
非常不好的话
I mean, bad.
比如说,她连孩子都照顾不好
Like, “Why should she get a school when
怎么管理学校?
she can’t even take care of her own kid”?
那我要怎么说呢?
And what do I say?
你可以说你的妈妈犯过错
You say your mother made a mistake
她希望这一切都没发生
and she wishes she hadn’t done it.
她诚心这么希望的
She wishes it with all her heart.
因为她爱她的儿子
Because she loves her son.
她很抱歉
And that she’s sorry.
但这只是个过失
But it was a mistake
我没事
and I’m okay.
不是这样的
But, no… But that’s the thing.