这样做是不对的
It was wrong of me to do that.
我知道你可能会开除我
I know you may need to expel me,
但是我不想解释我为什么动手
but I’d still rather not say why I did what I did.
那样可能会让朱利安陷入麻烦
It might get Julian in trouble, too,
– 那对他不公平 – 不要打了!
– and that’s not fair. – Stop!
杰克·威尔
Sincerely, Jack Will.
亲爱的 威尔同学 我二十年的教育生涯让我明白
Dear Mr. Will, one thing I’ve learned in 20 years in education
每件事都有两面性
is that there are two sides to every story.
其实我能想到你们俩打架的原因
So I think I can imagine what started the fight.
虽然殴打同学的行为不能接受
While nothing justifies striking another student
但是我知道友情是值得捍卫的
I know good friends are worth defending.
所以 在你停课两天后
So, after your 2-day suspension
你依然可以获得你的奖学金
your scholarship will be waiting for you.
要继续努力 天天向上
Just keep up the good work.
努力做个好孩子 我们都知道你会成为一个好孩子
And keep being the fine boy we all know you to be.
土什曼
Sincerely, Mr. Tushman.
这部话剧没什么大不了的 我没告诉你们有什么错?
What’s so wrong with me not telling you about a stupid play?
我都不上台表演 我只是控制灯光
I’m not even in it. I’m just doing the lights.
你的男朋友会演
Well your boyfriend is in it.
你不觉得我们会想去看看你的男朋友吗?
And don’t you think we would like to see him?
不是的!
No, I don’t!
大家 都冷静一下
Look, let’s all calm down for a second.
妈妈你知道 我长这么大
You know, you’ve been really good
你都没有管我 真的挺好的
at leaving me alone my whole life.
所以为什么你突然间就关心起我的生活了呢?
So why are you suddenly so interested, huh?
奥吉去上学了 你现在没事可干了吗?
Are you bored now that Auggie’s in school?
还是你的论文写的不顺利吗?
Your thesis not going well?
内特 你能回避一下吗?
Nate, could you please excuse us?
– 她应该不是故意的 – 内特!
– Izzy, she doesn’t mean it. – Nate!
她们在那里说什么呢?
What are they saying down there?
她们在说好多事情
They, my friend, are saying a lotta things.
跟我们都没关系
None of which concern us.
看看你的“我的世界”游戏吧
Let’s see your new Minecraft world.
我们俩可能会搬到游戏中呢
‘Cause we might be moving to it.
所以 我们会去看那个话剧吗?
So, are we going to see the play?
这个…
Um…
我之前并不知道话剧的内容
I hadn’t realized what the play was
而且我觉得你这么小 应该不会对那种话剧感兴趣
and I don’t think it will be of any interest to a kid your age.
对啊 如果去看你会觉得很无聊的
Yeah, uh, you’d get totally bored.
你和爸爸会去吗?
Are you and Dad going?
爸爸会去 我和你待在家里
Daddy’ll go. And I’m gonna stay here with you.
什么?
What?
所以你现在跟我斗气 不去看话剧了?
So now you’re gonna punish me by not going?
好吧 你一开始就不想我去的 记得吗?
Well, you didn’t want me to go in the first place, remember?
现在你都知道了 我肯定是想你去的啊
Well, now that you know about it, of course, I want you to come.
你们在说什么??
What are you talking about?
没什么
Nothing.
你们在撒谎
You’re lying.
亲爱的 只是维娅的学校一些事情
It’s just something to do with Via’s school, honey.
你不想你高中的好朋友
You just don’t want your fancy high school friends
知道你的弟弟是一个怪物 对不对?
to know your brother’s a freak, huh?
– 奥吉! – 奥吉!不是那样的
– Auggie! – Auggie, that’s not true.
不要再骗我了 我又不傻 我知道是怎么回事儿!
Stop lying to me, I’m not an idiot, I know what’s going on!
黛西 你怎么了?
Daisy girl?
快起来 奥吉
Auggie. Come on.
没事 我不想去
It’s okay, I don’t wanna go
那个破学校了 我不在乎
to your stupid high school anyway. I don’t care.
奥吉 不是所有的事情都是和你有关的
Auggie, not everything in the world is about you.
怎么了?
What’s wrong?
你会好起来的 小宝贝
You’re gonna be fine, girlie.
爸爸会跟我在医院见面 照顾好你的弟弟
Daddy’s gonna meet me there. Take care of your brother.
好的
Yeah.
没事的
Okay. All right.
黛西真的咬了妈妈吗?
Did Daisy really bite Mom?
她当时一直哼哼
Well, um, she was whimpering.
妈妈想把它抱起来 然后黛西咬了妈妈
And then Mom tried to pick her up and Daisy bit her.
你觉得兽医可以治好黛西吗?
Do you think the vet can fix her?
它很难受 奥吉
She was in a lot of pain, Auggie.
黛西真的很老了
She’s really old.
奥吉?
Auggie?
我想你去看我的话剧 好吗?
I want you to come to my play. Okay?
真的吗?
Really?
真的
Really.
每次我从医院回家 黛西都会在门口等我
Every time I came home from the hospital, Daisy was here.
黛西是我真正的朋友
She was a real friend.
真正的朋友很难找的
And real friends are hard to find.
[申请加入你的世界]
[嘿 这地方看起来太棒了 是你自己搭建的么?]
[你在哪啊?]
[我在船上]
[之前那样说很抱歉]
[讲真话…要是那样你真的会自杀么?]
[不会 但是如果我看起来像朱利安我就肯定会了]
[等不及让他看见我们在科学节的作品了]
[那 我们能再次成为朋友么?]
[嗯]
抱歉让一下
Excuse me.
对不起谢谢
Sorry. Thank you.
– 太棒了 – 这个位置不错
– This is perfect. – Here we go. Good seats.
这里 亲爱的 看看能不能找到维娅的名字
Here. See if you can find Via’s name in there, honey.
眼镜!糟了 我好像忘记带眼镜了
Glasses. Oh, no! I think I forgot my glasses.
奥吉 千万别错过囤积者电视剧 这里
Auggie, you’re missing a great episode of Hoarders, right here.
妈妈的手提包太精彩了
Starring your mom’s purse.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
你不该来女更衣室吧
Are you supposed to be in the girls’ dressing room?
就是想给你打打气
Just wanted to wish you good luck.
演出成功 不是 祝你好运
“Break a leg”, not “Good luck.”
你也是
You, too.
今晚有人替你加油吗?
Anyone cheering you on tonight?
是的 我妈妈把
Uh, yeah, my mom invited
街坊都请来了
the entire block.
这下真的太尴尬了
It’s gonna be really embarrassing.
你呢?
You?
我爸爸正在度蜜月
Uh, my dad is on his belated honeymoon.
我妈妈有些焦虑
And my mom’s in a funk.
所以她明天可能会来吧
But maybe she’ll come tomorrow.
没事的 维娅的家人会为你加油的
Well, um, Via’s family will cheer you on.
今晚你会表演的很好的
You’ll be great tonight.
亲爱的 好好的看表演就可以了
Honey, just enjoy the play.
好
Okay.
好 去找他们吧
All right, go get ’em.
– 达文波特老师… – 嗯
– Mr. Davenport… – Hmm.
我很抱歉 但是我今晚不能演了
I’m really sorry, but I can’t go on tonight.
我有点难受 可能要吐了
I don’t feel well. I think I might throw up.
没事的 谁都会紧张的
Okay, everybody gets nervous.
你知道 当我演哈姆雷特时
You know, when I did my Hamlet,
我每晚都会呕吐 你会好起来的
I threw up every night. You’re gonna be fine.
上台去演吧 等你放春假 有的是时间休息
Just do it. You’ll have all of spring break to recover.
达文波特先生 你不理解我的意思 我不演了
Mr. Davenport, you’re not listening. I’m not going on.
你在和我开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding me?
我很抱歉 但是台词维娅都会背 她可以表演的
I’m really sorry, but Via knows all the lines. She can do it.
好吧 那赶紧去找她
Then go find her then.
谢谢
Thank you.
放松
Hi.
这个话剧叫我们的小镇
This play is called Our Town.
作者是桑顿·怀尔德
It was written by Thornton Wilder.
我们镇 格罗威尔 新罕布♥什♥尔州
The name of our town is Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire.
正好位于马萨诸塞州线的边界上
Just across the Massachusetts line.
这…这真的发生了吗?
Is this… Is this really happening?
是的 你要演艾米丽了 马上就要上场了
Yes, you’re going on as Emily. Only you don’t have much time.
我都不知道有没有记住所有台词
Well, I don’t even know if I’m gonna remember all of my lines.
没问题的 贾斯汀会帮助你的
You’ll be great. Justin’ll help you through it.
她在哪里?
Where is she?
维娅 两分钟后你就要上台了
Via, you’re on in two minutes.
为什么 为什么你要这样做?
Why, why are you doing this?