I usually walk with my head down to avoid being seen.
但在万圣节那天 我可以昂首挺胸的走路
But on Halloween, I walk with my head up high.
我都不知道其他人是谁
I don’t even know who that was.
他们也不知道我是谁 那真是太酷了
He didn’t even know who I was. It’s so cool.
特别是人们平时不愿意碰我
Especially because people don’t like to touch me
因为他们觉得我有传染病
because they think I’m contagious.
耶 丘伊 击个掌 精彩就在此刻
Oh, yeah, Chewie! Up high! Boom goes the dynamite!
这可真像他
It really does look like him.
– 是这块像吧? – 是啊
– This part right? – Yeah.
我觉得 他总是让我想起 风干的骷髅头 你懂吗?
I mean, he’s always reminded me of, like, the shrunken head, you know?
– 还有半兽人 – 对
– Or an orc. – Yeah.
如果我长得像他那样 我发誓
If I looked like him, I’d swear
我每天肯定戴着面罩上学
I’d put a hood over my face every day.
如果我长那样 肯定早就自杀了
If I looked like him, I think I’d kill myself.
杰克 那你为什么老和他在一起
Why do you hang out with him so much, Jack?
是啊
Yeah.
我也不知道
I dunno.
土什曼派我去迎接他 让我对他好一点
Tushman asked me to be his welcome buddy
现在他都快成我的跟屁虫了
and now he just follows me around everywhere.
好吧 真是太惨了 那一定很难受
Well, that must stink! That must stink.
对 就像他那样
Oh, yeah. Just like him.
怎么会有人忽视宝宝呢
Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
[帕特里克·斯威兹 生于德克萨斯州休斯顿 演员 曾在百老汇舞台上表演]
这部电影里的帕特里克·斯威兹和你♥爸♥爸简直太像了
Always blows my mind how much Daddy looks like Patrick Swayze in this movie.
哪有啊!
Ew, no!
亲爱的 告诉我 你和米兰达是怎么回事?
Honey, tell me what’s going on with Miranda?
她不仅染了粉红色头发
It’s not just the pink hair.
她…
She’s just…
连话都不跟我说了
She won’t even talk to me.
我在高中时有一个朋友
I had a friend in high school.
我跟你经历了同样的事
We went through this exact same thing.
我做了一件事 就立即恢复了好心情
And what I did, which fixed it almost immediately…
是吗?
Yeah?
我吃了整整一个南瓜灯桶里的糖果
Was, um, to eat an entire jack-o’-lantern bucket of candy.
你好
Mmm. Hello.
是的 土什曼先生
Yes, Mr. Tushman.
他吐了吗?
He’s nauseous?
他发烧了吗?
Does he have a fever?
护士怎么说的?
What did the nurse say?
真的很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
好的 好 谢谢您 我马上就到
All right. Okay. Thank you. I will be right there.
亲爱的 我得走了 你弟弟刚刚在学校吐了
Honey, I have to go, your brother just threw up at school.
内特 你知道他的头盔放在哪儿吗?
Nate, do you know where his helmet is?
他要头盔 我到处都找遍了
He’s asking for it and I’ve looked everywhere.
我不知道 学校出事了
I don’t know. Something at school.
他不说 连房♥间都不出
He won’t say. He won’t come out of his room.
现在他还说甚至不想去要糖果了
And now he says he doesn’t even wanna go trick-or-treating.
我知道 好的 谢谢你 快回来吧
I know. Okay. Thank you. Just get here.
来吧 准备好
Come on, get ready.
万圣节游♥行♥要开始了
It’s almost time for the Halloween parade.
你应该敲门的!
You’re supposed to knock!
走开!
Go away!
妈妈说你不肯告诉我们发生了什么
Mom says you won’t say what happened.
有人说什么了吗?
Did someone say something?
总有人说什么的!
Someone always says something!
那你告诉我出什么事了
Well tell me what happened.
跟你有什么关系!
It’s none of your business!
你弄的妈妈没法陪我了 所以跟我有关系
You took my day with Mom, so it is my business.
我听到杰克·威尔在背后说我坏话
I heard Jack Will talking about me behind my back.
他说如果他长成我这样 他就会自杀
He said he’d kill himself if he looked like me.
杰克·威尔?他不是挺好的吗?
Jack Will? Isn’t he the nice one?
一个好的都没有!
There are no nice ones!
我真希望我一开始就没去上学!
I wish I’d never gone to school in the first place!
可你喜欢学校 我知道你喜欢的
But you were liking school. I know you were.
我讨厌 好吗?我讨厌
I hate it, okay? I hate it.
奥吉 我很抱歉 但你不是唯一日子不好过的人
Auggie, I’m sorry, but you’re not the only one who has bad days.
不好过?人们有躲着你走吗?
Bad days? Do people avoid touching you?
有人不小心碰到你时 他们会说“瘟疫”来了吗?
When a person accidentally touches you, do they call it “the plague”?
没有
No.
我只有杰克·威尔一个朋友
Jack Will was all I had.
所以请不要拿你和我做比较 好吗?
So just don’t compare your bad days at school to mine, okay?
好
Okay.
嘿
Hey.
你注意到米兰达最近没来我们家了吗?
Did you notice that Miranda doesn’t come around any more?
什么?
What?
你没注意到 很好奇吧
You didn’t. Shocker.
是的 她暑假去参加夏令营了
Yeah she went away to camp this summer
现在她不再喜欢我了
and now she doesn’t like me anymore.
为什么?
Why?
上学就是这样
Because school sucks.
人也是会变的
And people change.
奥吉 如果你想当一个正常的孩子 这就是规则
So if you wanna be a normal kid, Auggie, then those are the rules.
所以我们去要糖果吧
So let’s go trick-or-treating.
好吗?
Okay?
因为现在我们是彼此最好的朋友
Because right now we’re each other’s best friends.
真的吗?
Really?
真的
Yes.
所以走吧
So come on.
我把我拿到的万圣节糖果都给你
I’ll let you have all my Halloween candy.
我用我的苹果和你换
I’ll trade you my apples.
好吧 不行
Okay, no.
我知道我说过你可以拿走我所有的糖果
I know that I said that you could have all my candy,
但我真的只是为了让你出来才那么说的
but I was really just saying that to get you out of the house.
那巧克力呢?
What about the chocolate?
– 不行 – 那聪明豆呢?
– No. – And the Smarties?
还有软糖 甘草 花生巧克力 好时巧克力
Gummis, licorice, the Reese’s, the Hersheys.
– 不行! – 还有别的
– No! – And everything else.
好吧 我把我的糖果都给你
All right, I’ll let you have all my candy.
好的 维娅
Okay, Via.
现在到你了 大家欢迎维娅上台
You are next please. Let’s hear it for Via.
黛西
Daisy,
你想帮我重回我的办公室吗?
do you wanna help me take back my corner office?
嘿 奥吉!你感觉好点了吗?
Hey, Auggie! You feeling better?
你没事么 奥吉?
Are you okay, Auggie?
没事
Yeah.
确定吗?你好像看起来有点怪怪的
Sure? ‘Cause you’re acting really weird.
我没事 杰克 明白吗?
I’m okay, Jack, okay?
好吧
Okay.
[杰克·威尔]
他们让我♥干♥什么?
They want me to do what?
带新同学参观学校
Give a tour through the school.
但是妈妈 现在是暑假
But Mom, it’s summer vacation.
我知道
I know.
但你的老师告诉土什曼先生说你是一个好孩子
But your teachers told Mr. Tushman you’re known as a good egg.
– 不 我不是好孩子 – 你是个好孩子
– No, I’m a bad egg. – You’re a good egg.
他们愿意找你 我真的很骄傲
And I’m actually really proud they thought of you for this.
妈 别给我压力了
Mom, enough with the guilt.
他们给了你奖学金 对吧?
And you know they gave you a scholarship, right?
妈…
Mom…
还有谁要去?
Who else is doing it?
夏洛特和朱利安
Uh, Charlotte and Julian.
– 不要 – 为什么 怎么了?
– No. – Why, what’s wrong?
夏洛特会不停地说百老汇的事
Charlotte will just talk about Broadway the whole time.
朱利安是全世界最虚伪的人
And Julian is the biggest phony on the planet.
所以很抱歉 我不去
So I’m sorry, but no.
杰克 这是为了那个那男孩儿
Jack, it’s for that boy.
哪个?
Who?
冰淇淋店见过的那个
The one from the ice cream shop.
嗯
Yeah.
你想想 你弟弟那么懂事 都被他吓哭了
So if a nice kid like your little brother cries when he sees him,
你觉得他在中学里会是什么样?
what kind of a chance do you think he has in middle school?
好吧