伙计 你就说句话吧
Dude, you have to say something.
我知道板擦是什么
Yeah, I know what an eraser is.
你是叫杰克 还是杰克威尔
Is… Is your name Jack or Jackwill?
你以为他叫杰克威尔
You thought his name was Jackwill?
很多人会把我的姓也当成名字
Yeah, a lotta people call me by my first and last name.
不知道为什么
I don’t know why.
你还有问题吗?
Got any other questions?
其实 我有个问题问奥吉
Actually, I’ve got a question for Auggie.
你的脸是怎么弄的?
What’s the deal with your face?
闭嘴!
Dude!
你出车祸了 还是怎么了?
I mean were you in a car crash or something?
朱利安
Julian!
怎么了 塔什曼说我们有问题可以问他
What? Tushman said we could ask questions if we wanted to.
那也不能问这么冒犯人的问题
Not rude questions.
塔什曼先生说 他生下来就这样
Besides, he was born like that, Mr. Tushman said.
我只是觉得他是不是也被火烧过
Yeah, I know. I just thought maybe he was, like, in a fire, too.
朱利安 你闭嘴!
Hey, Julian, shut up.
你才闭嘴!
You shut up!
我们三个都别说了
Why don’t we all shut up?
我没被火烧过
No, I wasn’t in a fire.
还有你刚刚提到恐怕
And the word’s “supposedly.”
什么?
What?
你说科学课恐怕真的挺难的
You said that science is supposably really hard.
说了两次呢
Twice.
应该是恐怕 你的发音不太标准
The word’s “supposedly.” With a “D.”
没准儿我妈妈也应该教教你
Maybe my mom can home school you, too.
你想不想跟我们聊聊今天参观的
Do you wanna tell us yet how you felt about the tour?
怎么样
Today?
土什曼先生跟我强调了半天
Mr. Tushman went out of his way
那些孩子有多懂事
to tell me how sweet those kids were
那个朱利安好像真的很不错
and that Julian is apparently quite the dream.
不是
No.
他不好吗?
Not a dream?
他是那种在大人与小孩面前
Is he one of those kids that acts one way in front of grownups
表现的不一样的孩子吗
and then another way in front of kids?
算是吧
Yeah, I guess.
虽然不容易 但你也要理解
Well I know it’s hard, but you have to understand that
他可能对自己没那么自信
he probably feels badly about himself.
他可能不懂事 但你要宽容一点 好么
And when someone acts small, you just have to be the bigger person, all right?

Right.
维娅 我来拿披萨
Via, I’ll get the pizza.
看着我 奥吉
Look at me, Auggie.
那孩子真是够讨厌的
That kid sounds like a real jerk.
如果有人敢伤害你 你就反击
If someone pushes you, push back.
没有必要害怕
Don’t be afraid of anyone.
为什么我们要小声说话
Why are we whispering?
因为我怕你妈妈
Because I’m afraid of Mom.
你做人要宽容
You just gotta be a bigger person
别老想着那些事 就这么简单
and rise above it. It’s that easy.
奥吉 我真的觉得今年是你上学的好时候
Auggie, I do believe that this is the best year for you to start school
所有人都是新生
because everybody is going to be new.
但是如果你不想去..
But if you really don’t wanna go…
没关系的 我想上学
No. It’s okay. I wanna go.
你想上学?
You do?
你怎么又改主意了
What changed your mind?
学校的科学选修课很不错
Well they have a really good science elective.
我也需要一个更好的科学老师
And I need a better science teacher.
– 说的也没错 – 哇哦
– Oh, wow. There’s that. – Whoa! Whoa!
妈妈 他这话说的你能忍♥?
Are you gonna take that, Mom?
你要帮我教训他
Can I get some backup here?
他这么跟你老婆说话 你能忍♥?
You gonna let him talk to your wife like this?
不能让他这样对待我的老婆
I’m not gonna let him talk to my wife like that.
– 放开我 – 抓住他了 维娅
– Please! – Get him! Come on, Via.
挠他
Get in there.
放学后我就在这等你
I’ll meet you right here after school.
好么 就在这见
Okay? Right here.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
Love you, too.
放学后见
I’ll see you later.
听得到吗
Can you hear me?
让我们俩单独说两句
We’re gonna have a little man-to-man.
我只能送你到这儿了 从这就不让爸爸进了
Now, I gotta stop here, because past this point is a No Dad Zone
而且和爸妈走在一起 显得你不够酷
and you don’t wanna walk up with your parents because it’s not cool.
可你很酷啊
But you’re cool.
我知道我很酷 但是严格说来 很多爸爸都不怎么样
I know I am, but technically most dads aren’t, so…
戴着头盔也是不酷的
And neither are these helmets.

Hey.
两条规矩 一 每节课只举一次手
Two rules. First, only raise your hand once a class,
不管你知道多少答案
no matter how many answers you know.
除了科学课 那节课答个痛快
Except for science. Crush that one.
收到
Check.
第二 你会感到很孤独 奥吉
Second, you’re gonna feel like you’re all alone, Auggie.
但我们都陪在你身边
But you’re not.
收到
Check.
我们摘了吧 摘掉 这是万圣节穿的
Should we lose this? Come on, costumes are for Halloween.
预备 头盔升空
Prepare for blastoff.
我爱你!
I love you.
我也爱你
Love you, too.
好好上学
Have fun.
再见!
Bye.
祝你顺利完成任务 上帝保佑
Have an excellent mission and Godspeed.
我们已准备就绪
We are ready to proceed at this time.
十 九 八 七
10. 9. 8. 7.
老天爷 让别的孩子对他好点吧
Dear God, please, make them be nice to him.
四 三 二 一
4. 3. 2. 1.
我妈妈常说
My mom always said…
如果你不喜欢你所在的地方
“If you don’t like where you are…
就想像一个你想去的地方
“just picture where you wanna be.”
奥吉
Auggie! Auggie! Auggie!
奥吉
Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie!
真希望万圣节快点到来
I can’t wait till Halloween.
好了 都坐下 大家都坐到自己的位置上
All right, let’s settle down. Everybody settle down.
这儿有人
Uh… Saved.
抱歉
Sorry.
大家现在都有座位了 对么
Everybody find your seats? Yes?
都坐下了 太好了!
Finding our seats. Great.
好 有的同学是相互认识的 对吗
All right, now some of us are lucky enough to know each other. Yeah?
也有新来的其他人 你好
And, and others are new. Hi there.
我是布朗老师 同学 你迟到了
Okay, my name is Mr. Browne and you’re late.
是的 真的很抱歉
Yeah. I’m so sorry.
我去帮忙摆晨会的椅子了
I was just helping set up chairs for the assembly.
没关系的
Don’t worry about it.
谁知道这个词的意思
Can anybody tell me what this word means?
有人知道吗?
Anybody? No?
箴言就是一些重要的准则
Precepts are rules for really important things.
就像格言
Like mottos.
就像格言 或者说像名人名言
Like mottos. Or like famous quotes.
也可以说像是 幸运饼干里的字条
Or like, um, lines from a fortune cookie. Right?
箴言能激励我们
Precepts can help motivate us.
引导我们在面对重大选择时
They can help guide us when we have to make decisions
做出决定
about really important things. Okay?
你们可能会问 为什么一大早就谈
“So why are you talkin’ to me about precepts
箴言呢 布朗老师
“this early in the morning, Mr. Browne?”
我来回答你们
Well, let me tell you.
因为箴言能让我们更加的了解自己
Because precepts can also tell us a lot about ourselves.
我想要变成一个什么样的人
Who is it that I aspire to be?
这是我们每一个人都应该反复思考的问题
That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.
我到底是一个什么样的人
What kind of person am I?
好了 下面我们这样
So this is what we’re gonna do.
每个人说出两件事情
Um, everyone’s gonna come up with two things

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!