from Philippians instructed,
去思考什么是善
which is to think about what is good,
什么是公正,什么是纯洁
what is just, what is pure,
什么是德行
what is excellent.
和平主义
Pacifism.
和平主义就是善
Pacifism is good.
任何暴♥力♥
Any violence
都是不义的
is unjustifiable.
如果留在这里,我们这些女人
By staying here, we women
将会背叛我们信仰的核心原则
will be betraying the central tenet of our faith
那就是和平主义
which is pacifism,
因为如果我们留下来
because by staying
我们将明知故犯地把自己置于
we will knowingly be placing ourselves
和暴♥力♥的直接碰撞中
in a direct collision course with violence,
无论那是我们发起还是针对我们的暴♥力♥
either by us or against us.
这个聚落是我唯一的家了
This colony is the only home I’ve ever known.
我不想离开
And I don’t want to leave.
但如果留下
But by staying,
我们就是在招揽伤害
we’ll be inviting harm.
我们将置身于战争
We will be in a state of war.
我们会把这个聚落变成战场
We will turn this colony into a battlefield.
我们不能成为杀人犯
[Ona] We cannot become murderers.
我们也不能再忍♥受任何暴♥力♥了
And we cannot endure any more violence,
这就是为什么我们必须离开
which is why we must leave.
我也一直在思考
I’ve also been thinking
腓立比书中的那节经♥文♥
about the verse from Philippians
我也在思考什么是善
and I’ve been thinking about what is good.
自♥由♥是善
Freedom is good.
它比奴役更好
It is better than slavery.
宽恕是善
Forgiveness is good.
它比复仇更好
It’s better than revenge.
对未知的希望是善
And hope for the unknown is good,
它比对熟悉事物的憎恨更好
it is better than hatred of the familiar.
那么安全呢?
And what about security,
以及家园,和家庭?
and safety, and home, and family?
还有婚姻
What about marriage,
和爱情呢,奥娜?
and love, Ona?
我不知道这些事情
[Ona] I don’t know about those things,
什么也不知道
any of them.
除了爱情
Except for love
甚至……爱情对我来说也很神秘
and… even love is mysterious to me.
而我相信我的家
And I believe that my home
就是和我的母亲,我的妹妹
is with my mother, and my sister,
以及我未出生的孩子在一起,无论身在何处
and my unborn child, wherever that may be.
你不恨那个孩子吗?
Will you not hate that child?
它是那个
That child’s the child of a man
在你心中激起暴♥力♥的男人的后代
who inspires violent thoughts in you.
我爱这个孩子胜过一切
I already love this child more than anything.
他或她都是无辜的,可爱的
He or she is as innocent and lovable
就像晚霞一样
as the evening sun.
那孩子的父亲在出生时也是如此
So too was the child’s father when he was born.
但是,如果你认为
[Mariche] But, if you’re saying
宽恕比复仇更好…
that forgiveness is better than revenge…
你不就是在说我们必须留在这里
Aren’t you saying that we must stay here
然后原谅那些男人?
and forgive the men?
我们不能被迫原谅他人
We cannot forgive because we are forced to.
但是,有了一定的距离,也许我就能
But, with some distance perhaps I am able
去理解这些罪行是如何发生的
to understand how these crimes may have occurred.
有了这种距离
And with that distance,
或许我就能够怜悯那些男人
maybe I am able to pity these men,
甚至原谅他们
perhaps forgive them.
甚至去爱他们
And even love them.
不要战斗,而是移♥动♥
Not fighting. But moving.
总在移♥动♥,绝不战斗
Always moving. Never fighting.
总在移♥动♥,绝不战斗,只是移♥动♥
Always moving. Never fighting. Just moving.
绝不战斗,只是移♥动♥,绝不战斗,总在移♥动♥
Never fighting. Just moving. Never fighting. Always moving.
你能不能消停一会?
Would you snap out of it?
你也消停一会
[Salome] You snap out of it.
你们所有人都消停一会
[Mejal] All of you snap out of it.
你们疯了吗?太阳已经落山了
Have you lost your minds? The sun is gone.
我想讲另一个关于露丝和谢丽尔的故事
I want to tell another story about Ruth and Cheryl.
[chuckles softly]
[mellow music playing]
我一直很害怕
I was always frightened
聚落外北边的道路
of the northern road out of the colony.
路的两边都有很多深沟
There are so many gullies on either side of the road.
马车经常会左右摇晃
The buggy used to lurch side to side.
露丝和谢丽尔只是在遵循
Ruth and Cheryl were simply
我的缰绳的命令
following my commands of the reins,
但是它们急促而狂躁
but, they were jerky and frenetic.
这是很危险的
And it was dangerous.
只有当我学会将目光集中在
It was only when I learned to focus my gaze
前方道路的远处
far down ahead of me
而不是露丝和谢丽尔
and not on the road
紧贴着的路面
immediately in front of Ruth and Cheryl,
我才开始感到安全
that I started to feel safe.
[breathing heavily]
离开会给我们带来
Leaving will give us
宽恕他人所需要的
the more farseeing perspective we need
那种远见
to forgive.
也就是根据我们的信仰
Which is to love properly
正确地去爱,并保持和平
and keep the peace, according to our faith.
因此,我们的离开
Therefore, our leaving
不会是一种懦弱的行为
wouldn’t be an act of cowardice
也不是遗弃
or abandonment.
让我们看看你怎么走
Let’s see you go.
这不会是因为
It wouldn’t be because
我们被逐出教会或流放了
we were excommunicated or exiled.
这将是最崇高的信仰之行
It would be a supreme act of faith…
来吧,我们走,我们走
Come on, let’s go. Let’s go.
…迈向爱与宽恕的一步
…a step towards love and forgiveness.
离开是我们展示信仰的方式
Leaving is how we demonstrate our faith.
我们要离开是因为
We are leaving because
我们的信仰比规则更强大
our faith is stronger than the rules.
大过我们的生命
Bigger than our life.
[mellow music fades]
抱歉,我想我可能要死了
I’m sorry. But I think I might be dying.
妈妈,你不会死的
Mother, you’re not dying.
你的眼镜要洗了
Your glasses need cleaning.
[laughing]
你们在笑什么?
Why are you laughing?
我们不能离开
We cannot leave.
我们…
We…
留下来战斗都比离开好
It would be better to stay and fight than leave.
你的意思是,你真的想留下来
Do you really mean that you want to stay
但不去战斗?
and not fight?
你最后一次鼓起勇气
Because when was the last time you had the strength
站出来反抗克拉斯
to stand up to the aggression of Klaas,
保护你的孩子或单纯让他们免受伤害
to protect your children,
-又是什么时候? -你有什么资格…
-or to get out of harm’s way? -[angrily] Who are you
来告诉我,我应该做什么样的妻子和母亲?
to tell me what kind of wife and mother to be
这两你哪个都不是
when you are neither one yourself?
你就是个老处♥女♥,一个妓♥女♥!
You are a spinster. A whore!
-一个未婚母亲! -停下
-An unwed mother! -Stop.
奥娜是被弄晕了
[Salome] Ona was made unconscious
然后和我们其他人一样被强♥奸♥
and raped like the rest of us.
你怎么敢骂她是妓♥女♥!
How dare you call her a whore!
马里琪,你就不怕自己可爱的男孩们
Mariche, are you not afraid that your own sweet boys
变成像他们父亲一样的怪物
will become monsters like their father
就因为你没有保护好他们吗?
because you do nothing to protect them?
-停下! -没什么可以教育他们
-Stop it! -Nothing to educate them,
没法告诉他们
nothing to teach them
他们父亲的行为有多可怕…
the horror of their father’s ways…