我们怎么才能离开呢?
been allowed to even see a map of the world?
我可以给你们准备一张世界地图
[August] I can secure a world map for you.
我还有一张,呃,这个地区的地图
I also have a, um, map of this specific region.
那就行
Well, that will do.
我们又不是在计划环游地球
It’s not like we are planning to travel the planet.
也许我们是
[Ona] Perhaps we are.
你知道吗
Did you know that the migration period
蝴蝶和蜻蜓的迁徙期非常长
for butterflies and dragonflies is so long
往往只有它们的孙辈才能
that it’s often only the grandchildren
到达预定的目的地
that arrive at the intended destination?
是的,所以…
Yes. So, it…
是的
Yes.
也许,如果我们到了地图所绘的地方之外
Perhaps, if we went beyond where the map showed us,
我们可以边走边创造我们自己的地图
we could create our own map as we go.
所以你现在又想离开了,奥娜?
So now you want to leave, Ona?
[breathing heavily]
你还好吗,梅约尔?
[Agata] Are you all right, Mejal?
哦不,她又要发作了
Nope. She’s having one of her episodes.
[Mejal gasping]
万能的父啊
[Agata] Father Almighty,
我们以谦卑和恳请向您祈求
in all humility and supplication we ask Thee
在此时此刻
for Thy abundant kindness
赐予我们丰盛的恩惠
at this moment.
我们恳求您
We beseech Thee
怜悯我们的姐妹梅约尔
to have mercy on our sister Mejal.
请您以仁慈之心
-[screaming] -Please, in your beneficence,
治愈她
heal her.
并且请您…
-And please… -[inaudible]
…我们恳求您,将她包裹在
…we ask of Thee, envelop her
您的力量和永恒的爱中
in your strength and everlasting love,
并请您驱除
and please drive out the sickness
困扰她的病症
which afflicts her now.
[Mejal sobs and exhales]
[Mejal breathing heavily]
帮我起来
[weakly] Help me up.
赞美上帝
[Agata sighs in relief] Praise be to God.
为什么只有梅约尔得了这种…
Why is it only Mejal has these…?
安静点
Be quiet.
我们都被袭击了
We were all attacked.
不是每个人都需要
Not all of us need to draw
引起这么多的注意力
so much attention to ourselves.
[laughing]
什么注意力?
What attention?
我说的话比你们所有人加起来都少
I speak less than all of you put together.
我怎么冒犯你了?
How have I offended you?
你老这样突然发作
[Mariche] You have these attacks.
你抽烟
You smoke.
为什么?为什么对你来说就要难办许多?
Why? Why is it so much harder for you than for us?
我们都被袭击了,所有人
We were all attacked. All of us.
这是在浪费我们的时间,我们把这种负担
We are wasting our time by passing this burden,
这袋石头,从一个人传到另一个人
this sack of stones, from one to the next,
把我们的痛苦推给别人
by pushing our pain away.
让我们自己吸收它吧,把它吸入体内
Let’s absorb it ourselves. Let’s inhale it.
消化它
Let’s digest it.
把它加工成燃料
Let’s process it into fuel.
说吧,梅约尔
Speak, Mejal.
我们听着
We are listening.
他们让我们不再相信自己
They made us disbelieve ourselves.
那比……
That was worse than…
[gasping]
梅约尔
[Salome] Mejal.
当克拉斯回来的时候
[Ona] Klaas, when he returns,
他可能会带走马或牲畜
may take horses or livestock
那些是我们路上需要的东西
that we would need along the way.
路上?
[Salome] Along the way?
我们不走
We’re not leaving.
你的想法一直在变,奥娜
You are changing your mind, Ona.
我不相信那是种罪过,不是吗?
I don’t believe that’s a sin, is it?
我们将如何为这一切得到赦免?
[Mariche] How will we be forgiven for all this?
我们还能从何处得到赦免
How will we be forgiven,
如果我们违背了长老们的命令?
if not by the elders whom we have disobeyed?
也许会有其他地方的长老或上帝的子民
Perhaps there will be other elders or men of God
他们能赦免我们的罪
who will be able to forgive our sins.
我们是在保护我们的孩子
We do not need to be forgiven by the men of God
使他们免受恶人恶行的袭扰
for protecting our children
我们不需要上帝子民的赦免
from the depraved actions of vicious men
更不用说,我们往往要向
who are often the very same men
那些恶人请求赦免
we’re meant to ask for forgiveness!
如果上帝是一位慈爱的上帝,那么…
If God is a loving God then…
他会亲自原谅我们
He will forgive us himself.
如果上帝是一位心存仇念的上帝
If God is a vengeful God
那么他必然是按照自己的形象创造了我们
then He has created us in His image.
如果上帝是全能的
If God is omnipotent,
那为什么他没有保护
then why has He not protected
这个聚落的妇女和女孩?
the women and girls of this colony?
我会毁灭一切
I will destroy
伤害我孩子的活物
any living thing that harms my child.
我会撕下它的肢体
I will tear it limb from limb.
亵渎它的身躯
I will desecrate its body
然后把它活埋
and I will bury it alive.
我将当场挑战上帝
I will challenge God on the spot
让天打雷劈
to strike me dead
如果保护我的孩子远离邪恶
if I have sinned
并摧毁那邪恶
by protecting my child from evil,
使其不再伤害他人,也是罪孽的话
and by destroying that evil that it may not harm another!
我将撒谎
I will lie,
我将狩猎,我将杀戮
I will hunt, I will kill.
我将在坟墓上跳舞
I will dance on graves
我将在地狱中永远燃烧
and I will burn forever in hell
也不愿让另一个男人
before I allow another man
用我四岁的孩子的身体
to satisfy his violent urges
来满足他暴♥力♥的冲动!
with the body of my four-year-old child!
[sobbing]
[emotional music playing]
我建议我们想想什么是善
I suggest we think about what is good.
凡是真实的
“Whatever is true,
凡是可敬的
“whatever is honorable,
凡是公正的
“whatever is just,
凡是纯洁的
“whatever is pure,
凡是悦纳的
“whatever is pleasing,
凡是享誉的
“whatever is commendable,
若有什么德行
“if there is any excellence
若有什么称赞
“and if there is anything worthy of praise,
这些事你们都要思念
“think about these things
赐平安的神就必与你们同在
“and the peace of God be with you.”
如果我留下来,我会变成杀人犯的
I will become a murderer if I stay.
[emotional music continues]
[sniffles]
[Ona clears throat]
我知道这些是什么,它们是字母
[Ona] I know what these are. These are letters.
但这些又是什么?
But what are these?
它们是逗号♥
[August] They’re commas.
它们代表短暂的停顿,或者是文本中的一处呼吸
They signify a short pause, or a breath in the text.
有一种蝴蝶也叫逗号♥
There’s also a butterfly called a comma.
-真的吗? -嗯哼
-Is that so? -Mm-hmm.
莎洛姆
-[Agata] Salome. -[emotional music fades]
如果你留在聚落
If you will become a murderer by staying here in the colony,
与那些需要对袭击负责的人在一块
side by side with the men
就会变成杀人犯
who are responsible for the attacks,
那你就必须
then you must,
为你的灵魂着想
to protect your own soul,
离开聚落吧
leave the colony.
我们并不都是杀人犯
We are not all murderers.
暂时不是
Not yet.
我已经按照腓立比书
[Agata] I have done what the verse
经♥文♥中的指示

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!