[dogs barking]
在离教堂还有一英里的路上
When Ruth and Cheryl are frightened by Dueck’s dogs
露丝和谢丽尔被杜克的狗吓到了
on the mile road that leads to the church,
它们最初本能地要逃跑
their initial instinct is to bolt.
喔!
Whoa!
这些马没有组织会议
These horses don’t organize meetings
来决定它们要做什么
to decide what they will do.
它们会跑
They run.
但是,格蕾塔,我们不是动物
But, Greta, we are not animals.
我们已经像动物一样,被人掠食了
We have been preyed upon like animals.
或许我们也应该像动物一样做回应
Maybe we should respond like animals.
在过去,我曾见过
[Agata] In my lifetime, I have seen
马匹与愤怒的狗对峙
horses confront angry dogs
并试图把它们踩死
and try to stomp them to death.
动物并不总是逃跑
Animals don’t always flee.
这就是我们教自己的女儿
Is this how we want to teach our daughters
保护自己的方式吗?
to defend themselves?
通过逃跑?
By fleeing?
不是逃跑,而是离开
Not fleeing but leaving.
我只是在说要离开
I was just talking about leaving.
我宁愿坚持我的立场
[Salome] I would rather stand my ground
往每个男人的胸口开枪
and shoot each man in the heart
然后把他们埋进土坑,也绝不逃跑
and bury ’em in a pit than flee.
如果有必要的话,我会去对付上帝的愤怒
And I’ll deal with God’s wrath if I have to.
莎洛姆,格蕾塔姨妈说的是离开,不是逃跑
Salome, Aunt Greta is talking about leaving not fleeing.
“逃跑”这个词不是她的意思
The word “fleeing” wasn’t what she meant.
是啊,请原谅我母亲她用错了词
Yeah. Please forgive my mother for using the wrong word.
真是深重的罪孽啊
It’s a sin so outrageous
莎洛姆一个人担起了纠正它的责任
that Salome has taken it upon herself
为的是全人类的利益
to rectify for the sake of all humanity.
“离开”和“逃跑”是两个不同的词
[Agata] “Leaving” and “fleeing” are different words
具有不同的含义
with different meanings.
它们都反映了我们的某些情况
They each say something about us.
奥古斯特
August,
你对这一切怎么看?
what do you make of all of this?
你有什么想法吗?
Do you have an opinion too?
我觉得…
I think…
我觉得有这么种可能
I think that it is possible
在离开某事……
to leave something or someone…
或某人时的心态
in one frame of mind
到了另一个地方
and arrive elsewhere in another
就变得完全不同了,这无法预料
entirely unexpected frame of mind.
我想留下来战斗
I want to stay and fight.
但我们不会在战斗中输给男人
But won’t we lose the fight to the men
然后被迫原谅他们吗?
and be forced to forgive them anyway?
我也想留下来战斗
I want to stay and fight too.
没人感到惊讶
[Mariche] No one’s surprised that you do.
你就只会斗来斗去
All you do is fight.
难道我们真的要这样决定
Is this really how we are to decide
聚落里所有女人的命运?
the fates of all the women in this colony? [scoffs]
又一次投票
Just another vote
在我们选择的方案下画小叉?
where we put an X next to our position?
我以为我们来这里要做的不止是这些
I thought we were here to do more than that.
你的意思是要再多谈谈
You mean talk more about
原谅那些男人,然后什么都不做
forgiving the men and doing nothing.
其他的做法都是在发疯
Everything else is insane.
但你们没有一个人愿意讲道理
But none of you will listen to reason.
好吧,那你为什么和我们在一起?
Well, why are you here with us?
如果你是这么想的,你为什么还和我们在一起?
Why are you still here with us if that is what you believe?
和其他愿意无动于衷的女人一起离开吧
Just leave with the rest of the do nothing women.
她是我女儿,我希望她和我们在一起
She is my daughter and I want her here with us.
我们被迫给予的宽恕
Is forgiveness that’s forced upon us
是否是真正的宽恕?
true forgiveness?
[sighs]
这种胡说八道跟自己说去
[Salome] Keep nonsense like that to yourself please.
奥提雅,下来!
Autje, get down!
奥提雅,听你妈妈的话!
[Greta] Autje, listen to your mother!
规矩点
Behave yourself.
你没听到椽子在吱吱叫吗?
Don’t you hear the rafter’s creaking?
你想让屋顶塌下来吗?
Do you want the roof to cave in?
我们中的许多人都曾从上方看到过自己
[Autje] Many of us saw ourselves from above.
我不确定那是否是上帝
I’m not sure if it was God
而我们通过他的眼睛看到了自己
and we were seeing ourselves through his eyes.
[clanging]
或者我们只是不能待在
Or if we just couldn’t be there.
我们自己的身体里
In our own bodies.
[melancholic music playing]
你怎么上去的?
[Neitje] How’d you get up there?
这是个奇迹
[Autje] It was a miracle.
上帝赐予的奇迹
[Neitje chuckles] A miracle from God.
-当然 -还能是什么?
-[Autje] Of course. -[Neitje] What else?
在我来的地方
[Autje] Where I come from,
你妈妈来的地方
where your mother comes from,
我们不谈论自己的身体
we didn’t talk about our bodies.
所以当这样的事情发生时
So when something like this happened
没有语言可以形容它
there was no language for it.
如果没有语言,所剩的便是空荡荡的沉默
And without language for it, there was a gaping silence.
而在空荡荡的沉默中,有着真正的恐怖
And in that gaping silence was the real horror.
[sobbing]
在袭击结束了一段时间后
Neitje’s mother hanged herself
奈提雅的母亲上吊自杀了
after the attacks had gone on for a while.
这让我们感到疑惑
It made us wonder,
为什么我们的脚步能继续向前
why did our feet keep moving forward
而她却不能
when hers just couldn’t.
是什么让我们有别于
What sets us apart
那些落在后头的人
from the ones who get left behind?
[melancholic music fades]
这真是没完没了
This is never going to end.
我们死了之后,她们还会谈个不停
We’ll be dead and they’ll still be talking.
或者更糟,我们得活着经受这些
Or worse. We’ll have to live through it.
[chuckles softly]
奥古斯特,我认为你应该
[Ona] August, I think you should make lists
列出两种选择的利弊
of the pros and cons of both options.
“留下来战斗”和“离开”
“Staying and fighting” and “leaving.”
把它贴在墙上
Post it on the wall.
确保写对,字大点
Make sure and write large.
为什么?
[Mejal] Why?
我们又看不懂
We can’t read it.
看不懂,但我们会把它作为一件艺术品留在这里
No, but we’ll keep it here as an artifact
让别人来发现
for others to discover.
我认为第一个标题应该写
I think the first heading should say,
“留下来战斗”,然后在下面写上“利”
“staying and fighting” and under that write “pros”.
谁先说?
[Agata] Who will go first?
我们从留下来战斗开始,利处
We’re starting with staying and fighting, pros.
我们要这个干吗?这里是我们的家
Why do we need this? This is our home.
这是你的想法
[Mariche] That’s what you believe,
不是每个人都这么看
it’s not what everyone believes.
不好意思
-Excuse me. -[all arguing]
打扰一下,对不起,嗯……
[August] Forgive me. Excuse me, um…
我可以要求你们轮流发言吗
May I request that you take it in turns speaking
这样我才能明白你们每个人在说什么
so that I can understand what each of you is saying.
我需要一秒钟的时间来转录
It takes me a second to transcribe.
我们是不是还得像你学校里的
Should we put up our hands
孩子一样举手
as though we are children in your schoolhouse?
我…
I…
我很抱歉
I apologize.
我们不必离开
We won’t have to leave.
-什么 -你把它写下来就行
-Sorry. -Will you just write it down?
在“利”下面
Under pros.
莎洛姆有个绝妙的主意
Salome has had a brilliant idea
如果我们留下,我们就不必离开了
that if we stay we won’t have to leave.
我们不再有必要为去哪儿发愁
[Mejal] We won’t have to figure out
或是体验那种
where we are going or experience the uncertainty
前途未卜的不确定性

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!