Your little fingers are perfect for the job.
有天 你再不能这么害羞了
One day, you’ll have to stop being so timid.
生活需要你如此
Life will demand it of you.
你唯一的敌人就是恐惧
Your only enemy is fear.
-喂 -我知道现在是…
-Hello? -I know it’s the middle…
半夜里 但要是等到早上
of the night, but if I wait until the morning,
我估计会改主意
I might change my mind.
我决定直面心魔了
I have decided to face the ghosts.
嗯
Mm.
搞不懂她
She’s complicated.
嗯
Mm.
打烊至4月4日
关店
你妈妈今早又来电了
Oh, your mom called again this morning.
她要你到了那参观一下犹太大屠♥杀♥纪念碑
She wants you to visit the Holocaust Memorial when you’re there.
她说过了 整整七遍
She mentioned it already, seven times.
她说这是为了纪念
Well, she said to do it in honor
-你的曾祖父母 -西格蒙德和玛尔维那
-of your great-grandparents. -Siegmund and Malvina.
哦 她的双眼非常美丽动人
Oh, she had the most beautiful eyes, you know.
大大的 像猫头鹰
Enormous, like an owl.
玛利亚 你的行李箱也太大了吧
This is an awfully big suitcase you’ve packed, Maria.
你确定东西都带够了吗
You sure you brought enough stuff?
要回去我就要风风光光地回去
If I’m going back, I might as well do it in style.
帕姆 亲爱的 你能开快一点吗
Pam, darling, could you drive a little faster?
我 呃 我觉得照这速度要赶不上飞机了
I, uh, I think, at this rate, we’re going to miss the plane.
我们会提前四个小时到的
We’re gonna be there four hours early.
对 但是我想在免税店买♥♥点香水和白兰地
Yes, but I want to buy perfume and cognac in duty-free.
听着 开过去
Look, move over there.
帕姆 亲爱的 开快车道去 快点开过去
Pam, darling, move over. Move over now.
乐意效劳 阿特曼太太
With pleasure, Mrs. Altmann.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentleman,
我们即将降落在维也纳
we are about to land in Vienna.
请系好安全带
Please fasten your seatbelts.
我从没想过还会回来
I never thought I’d come back.
有个文♥化♥部♥的人
Some guy from the Ministry’s
同意明天和我会面…
agreed to meet me tomorrow…
肯定是个芝麻小官
I’m sure he’s in charge of paper clips.
有人同意和我们会面就够走运了
We’re lucky anyone has agreed to meet us at all.
你要是不想来 不必勉强
You don’t have to come, if you don’t want to.
我们还没到地方呢
Oh, we haven’t even arrived,
你就想着要甩掉我了
and you’re already trying to get rid of me?
我可没这么说…我只是说你不必勉强
That’s not what I said… I just meant you don’t have to come.
随便吧 我要去美景宫美术馆见我婶婶
Anyway. I want to go to the Belvedere to visit my aunt.
明信片根本没法展现她的美貌
You know, the postcard doesn’t do her justice.
您出生于维也纳
You were born in Vienna
-对吗 阿特曼太太 -是的 是的
-Mrs. Altmann? -Yes, yes, I was, yes.
就在那个拐角处
Uh, just around the corner, yes.
您会说德语吗
Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
会的 但是我选择说英语
Yes, but I choose to speak English.
愿您入住愉快
I hope you enjoy your stay.
我尽量
I’ll certainly try.
就是这了
There it is.
二楼的公♥寓♥就是我们家
The apartment on the second floor, that’s our home.
兰迪 这座房♥子见证了太多
Oh, the things this house has seen, Randy.
伟大的艺术家 音乐家 作家 都曾进出过这些大门
Great artists, musicians, writers passed through those doors.
当然 还包括你的祖父
Including, of course, your grandfather.
西格蒙德·弗洛伊德[1856-1939]
奥地利心理学家 犹太人 精神分♥析♥学的创始人
还有弗洛伊德博士本人
And Dr. Freud himself.
我的新婚之夜 半个维也纳的名人都来了
On my wedding night, half of Vienna was here.
阿特曼太太
Mrs. Altmann?
我在归还会议发言者名单上
I spotted your name on the list of speakers
看到了你的名字 然后找到了你
for the restitution conference and tracked you down.
你是哪位
And you are?
胡贝图斯·切尔宁 调查记者
Hubertus Czernin, investigative reporter.
-欢迎来到维也纳 -谢谢
-Welcome to Vienna. -Thank you.
能请你们喝一杯吗
Can I buy you a drink?
我是编辑
I’m the editor.
我在奥地利的小宝贝 让我保持清醒
My little Austrian baby. Keeps me sane.
我曾写过一篇揭露我们瓦尔德海姆总统
When I wrote a piece exposing the Nazi past
曾入纳粹党的文章…
of our own President Waldheim…
后来在超♥市♥有个男人走过来 朝我脸上吐口水
a man walked up to me in a supermarket and spat in my face.
还叫我叛徒
He called me a traitor.
我对他说”我是真正的奥地利人”
I said to him: “I’m a true Austrian.”
两个来自加利福尼亚的游客…
And what makes you interested in a couple of…
怎么会引起你的注意呢 切尔宁先生
Californian tourists, Mr. Czernin?
只是觉得你们可以交个奥地利朋友
I just thought you could do with an Austrian friend.
为什么
What for?
这整个的归还事件
You know, this whole restitution thing
都始于一个公♥关♥活动
began as a PR exercise.
奥地利想要改善海外形象
Austria wanted to improve its image abroad,
但是现在却成了潘多拉的盒子
but now it’s turning into a Pandora’s box.
他们不想把自己的财宝拱手让人
They don’t want to give away their treasures.
所以他们要在
So they’re going to put
你的索画之路上设置重重障碍
as many obstacles in your way as possible,
而我也许能帮你们跨过其中一些
and I might just be able to help you get over some of them.
这对你有什么好处 你有什么动机
What’s in it for you? What’s your motive?
就姑且称之为一种极其特殊的爱国主义吧
Let’s just say it’s a very particular brand of patriotism.
要是不介意的话
Now, if you will excuse me,
我要给大家再上一轮酒了
I think I will treat us to another round of drinks.
好 真是好主意
Oh, yes, that’s a wonderful idea.
# 内心带着 #
# Tu che il zucchero porti #
# 糖一般的 #
# In mezzo #
# 甜美 #
# Al core #
# 我的爱人 #
# Non esser, gioia #
# 请勿对我如此 #
# Mia, con #
# 残忍♥ #
# Me crudele #
# 我只求能 #
# Lasciati almen #
# 看看你 #
# Veder #
# 我美丽的爱人 #
# Mio bell amore #
当小女玛利亚说要嫁给一个歌♥剧演员时
When our daughter Maria said she was marrying an opera singer,
我们就决定让他在婚礼上唱莫扎特
we decided he would sing Mozart at the wedding.
我说 要让婚礼保持奥地利风格
Let’s keep the whole thing Austrian, I said.
如今是艰难的时代
These are troubling times.
但愿这个难忘的夜晚
Let us hope that this memorable evening
预示着美好的未来
is a harbinger of happier days.
恭喜
Mazel tov!
今日你艾蒂尔婶婶不在让我很难过
It makes me sad your Aunt Adele is not here today.
她会为你骄傲的
She would have been proud of you.
我也很难过 伯父
I am sad too, uncle.
至少她不用在活着时
At least she’s not alive to
见证她心爱的祖国所遭受的磨难
witness what is happening to the country she loved.
我想…
I want…
让你收下这个 玛利亚
you to have this, Maria.
她最爱的项链
Her favorite.
你性格倔强 遇事好问
You are headstrong and inquiring.
有些艾蒂尔的个性
Something of Adele’s spirit is in you.
我会永远视若珍宝的
I will always treasure it.
妹妹你在这啊 快来 玛利亚 该切蛋糕了
There you are, sister. Come, Maria, it’s time for cake.
全世界都在找你呢
The whole world has been looking for you.
快点 我饿了
Quickly, I’m hungry.
你得帮我切蛋糕 露易丝
You have to help me cut it, Luise.
你的玛利亚真是个偷心人
That Maria of yours is a heart stealer.
财政大臣已经全面承认
The Chancellor has conceded on every front.
希♥特♥勒♥对奥地利主♥权♥的承诺都是空话
Hitler has made an empty promise about Austrian sovereignty.
但是我打赌到月底前
But my bet is that by the end of the month
纳粹军队便会行军而至
the Nazis will be marching
用他们的长靴踏遍环城大道
round the Ringstrasse in their jackboots.
奥地利人决不会允许这种事发生
The Austrians will not allow it.
这周日我要带着露易丝去苏黎世
I will leave for Zurich on Sunday with Luise.
到下周 你们剩余的人都要来
By next week, the rest of you must join us.
那可有的准备了 我们得慢慢来
There will be much to do. We must take our time.
你还是爱做白日梦啊