这是你♥爸♥爸给你的那条
This is the one your dad got you.
你需要送我去医院 然后你要
You need to take me to the hospital, then you need to go
去华盛顿 你这么做
to Washington; you need to do this
-是为了我们大家 -等等 等一下
-for all of us. -Hold on, hold on.
-你确定要这么做 -听着…
-Are you sure about that? -Listen…
不管我怎么说 我希望你知道我与你同在
whatever I said, I want you to know I am with you now,
即使没有结果 我们能对付的
and even if it doesn’t work out, we will manage.
不管怎样 我们都会没事的
Either way, we’re gonna be okay.
是的
Yeah.
你做得对
You’re doing the right thing.
来片润喉糖
Have a cough drop.
樱桃味儿的
They’re cherry flavored.
我放这了 一会儿吃
I’ll leave it here for later.
亲爱的…
My dear…
即便没有更多进展
even if we go no further,
我们已经一路打到了最高法♥院♥
we made it all the way to the Supreme Court.
对我这样的奥地利姑娘来说
And that’s quite a long way
已经是走得很远了
for an Austrian girl like me.
先生 能告诉我去卫生间怎么走吗
Can you please show me the way to the washroom, sir?
很好 再说一遍
Good, now say it again,
但这次用美国口音
but with an American accent.
如果你这么说 没人能听懂你的意思
If you say it like this, then nobody will understand you.
Frankfurter也有法兰克福香肠的意思
你倒是能说 听上去就像法兰克福人
You can talk. You sound like a silly Frankfurter.
我是人 不是香肠
I am a man, not a sausage.
玛利亚·阿特曼
Maria Altmann!
哪位是玛利亚·阿特曼
Which one of you is Maria Altmann?
我就是
I am.
给你的电报
Telegram for you.
是我姐姐发来的
It’s from my sister.
她在加利福尼亚等着我们
She’s waiting for us in California.
但她收到了从维也纳来的消息
But she’s had news from Vienna.
关于你父亲的
Your father?
下面我们听取0313号♥辩论
We’ll hear arguments next in 0313.
奥地利共和国对玛利亚·阿特曼一案
The Republic of Austria versus Maria Altmann.
古尔德先生
Mr. Gould.
首席大♥法♥官先生 庭上 请允许我
Mr. Chief Justice, and may it please the court,
简要地陈述我的观点
I’ll keep my arguments succinct, sir.
这是奥地利的国内事务
This is a domestic matter for Austria.
在美国的法♥院♥并无争辩的空间
It has no place in the American courts.
谢谢古尔德先生
Thank you, Mr. Gould.
弗兰克斯先生 代表美国政♥府♥
Mr. Franks, representing the United States government.
请作开庭陈述
Your opening statement, please.
首席大♥法♥官先生
Mr. Chief Justice,
如果这个法案可以追溯实施
if this law were to be applied retroactively,
那将产生指控许多外国国家的索赔案
it could open claims brought against a number of foreign states,
也将使我国的国际关系进一步复杂化
which would further complicate our international relations.
请举个例子
Give me an example.
目前就有指控
Currently, there are cases
日本和法国的案件尚未解决
pending against countries such as Japan and France.
因此你的意思是阿特曼太太
So what you’re saying is Mrs. Altmann
不应该试图索回她的画作
shouldn’t try to reclaim her paintings
因为这将影响我们与日本的关系
because it would affect our relations with Japan?
是有这个可能性的 法官大人
That could be a possible outcome, Your Honor.
阿特曼太太
Mrs. Altmann,
看上去如果你的案件进一步审理的话
it would seem that if your case goes forward,
国家外交就会崩溃
world diplomacy will collapse,
而你将全权负责
and you will be solely responsible.
勋伯格先生
Mr. Schoenberg.
首席大♥法♥官先生
Mr. Chief Justice,
庭上 请允许我陈述…
and may it please the court…
我们相信外国主♥权♥豁免法不是不能追溯实施的
We believe applying the FSIA is not impermissibly retroactive.
为什么你不直接说
Why isn’t it just as easy to say
它是可以追溯实施的
that it does act retroactively?
嗯 因为问题在于
Hmm? Because the question is,
“它在什么时候才该因特定目的
“When should it exercise jurisdiction
行使其司法权”
for a particular purpose?”
抱歉 我想我没听明白这个问题
I’m sorry, uh, I’m not sure I understand the question.
其实我也不明白
I’m not sure I did, either.
有人明白吗
Does anyone?
我们对于政♥府♥的担心
We’re very sensitive
十分敏感 首席大♥法♥官先生
to the government’s concerns, Mr. Chief Justice,
罐头虫子 指某些问题太复杂 最好的解决方法是不去提及它
恩 就像罐头虫子论证一样
uh, in the can of worms argument.
但是每一个国家都各有不同的具体情况
But each country is different and poses different conditions,
比如像古巴就不一样 在有关奥地利的案子中
unlike, say, Cuba, in Austria’s case,
因为有相关条约 所以应使用何种法律
there’s a treaty, so there’s no dispute as to what type
就没有争议
of law could apply.
我们建议打开罐子
We recommend opening the can
用镊子取出一条小虫子
and extracting just the one little worm
并且马上将罐子封上
with a pair of tweezers, and then quickly closing it shut again.
在本案中被告
The defendants in this case
不断试图去阻挠我们尝试
have continuously tried to frustrate our attempts,
尽一切可能设置障碍
raising every possible objection,
并威胁将引发国际关系大战
threatening an Armageddon in international relations,
但让我们正确地来看待此案
but let’s put things into perspective here.
这件案子是一位女士想要拿回本该属于她的东西
This is a case of one woman wanting back what is rightfully hers.
阿特曼太太在她年轻时来到美国
Mrs. Altmann came to America
是为了寻求和平
as a young woman in search of peace.
让我们也同样给予她正义
Let’s give her justice, too.
谢谢你 勋伯格先生
Thank you, Mr. Schoenberg.
阿特曼太太 你是否很意外美国政♥府♥
Mrs. Altmann, were you surprised that the U.S. Government
支持奥地利政♥府♥使此案件被驳回的尝试
supported the Austrians in trying to get the case dismissed?
有些人巴不得我快点死
Certain people would like me to hurry up and die.
为什么美国人不能也这么想呢
Why not the Americans, too?
大卫·派克 法庭书♥记♥官
David Pike, court reporter.
毫无疑问 您的表现给人留下了深刻印象
You were impressive in there, no doubt.
谢谢你 我叫兰…兰迪·勋伯格
Oh, thank you. R… R… Randy Schoenberg.
要大概三个月裁决才会出来
Takes about three months for the verdict to come through,
但你是不可能赢的
but there’s no way you’re gonna win.
-好吧 -我做这行已经34年了
-Okay. -I’ve been doing this job for 34 years.
我总是对的 结果都表现在他们的肢体语言中了
I’m always right, it’s in their body language.
好吧 谢谢你…来加油鼓气
Well, thank you… that’s a cheerful way to end the day.
-不用谢 -好的
-No problem. -Okay.
-好吧 保重 -祝你好运
-All right, take care. -Good luck.
好的
Okay.
嗨 内森
Hi, Nathan.
他冲你招手呢
He waved at you.

Oh.
嗨 哥们儿
Hi, buddy.
四个月后
亲爱的 你能别过两分钟就看一次表吗
Honey, can you stop looking at your watch every two minutes?

Hello?
好的
Okay.

Yeah.
你们现在还不能放弃
You can’t give up just yet.
战斗还要继续
The fight goes on.
最高法♥院♥判我们胜诉
The Supreme Court ruled in our favor.
我们可以把奥地利人告上法庭了
We can take the Austrians to court.
谢谢你
Thank you.
从我第一眼看见你时
From the first moment I saw you,
我就知道你是这工作的不二人选
I knew you were the right man for the job.
这就是为什么我毫不在意那些困难
That’s why I ignored all the terrible bits.
我以为这就是你要的结果
I thought this was the outcome you wanted.
当然 我们可以把他们送上法庭
Sure, we could take them to court.
你也知道 他们会想方设法阻挠我们的
They’ll find other ways to stretch it out, you know.
这可能得花上很多年时间
This could take a few more years.
她可能都活不到
She may not live long enough
看到结果的那天 而且我们也负担不起
to see the outcome, and we can’t afford it.
亲爱的 我们已经走了这么远 不能现在停下
Honey, we’ve come so far. We can’t stop now.
还有一个办法可以试试
There is one more thing we could try.
为表示和解

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!