Seminar.
电影院
Flick.
研讨会
Seminar.
电影院
Flick.
每天都是如此
On and on it went.
剑桥 剑桥 剑桥
Cambridge, Cambridge, Cambridge.
难怪大家都憧憬着莫斯科
No wonder everyone dreamed of Moscow.
凯恩斯和罗素都去了
Keynes and Russell had both been there.
伯蒂一向是个机会主义者 写了一本令人震惊的书
Bertie, always the opportunist, wrote a shilling shocker called
《布尔什维克主义的理论和实践》
“The Practice and Theory of Bolshevism.”
他谴责布尔什维克已经失控
He condemned it out of hand.
但是 众所周知
But, as everyone knows,
剑桥的精英都成了间谍
the best of the Cambridge lot became spies.
我的梦想是去苏联从事体力劳动
My dream was to go to the Soviet Union and work as a manual laborer.
我给你在本地的工程公♥司♥找了一份工作
I’ve fixed you up a job with a local engineering firm.
为什么 – 我以为你会很开心
Why? – I thought you’d be pleased.
你应该用自己的双手工作 做点有用的事
You’d be working with your hands. You should do something useful.
不过 路德维希 我是做学术的
But Ludwig, my training is academic.
这是个挑战 – 我要去俄♥罗♥斯♥了
That’s the challenge. – I’m going to Russia.
我试试在那儿给我们找份体力活儿
I shall try to find us both manual jobs there.
你为什么想去俄♥罗♥斯♥
Why do you want to go to Russia?
对了 你得借我一条领带
Oh, by the way, you’ll have to lend me a tie.
维特根斯坦教授 作为对外关系学院的代表
Professor Wittgenstein, on behalf of the Institute for Foreign Relations,
我可以为您提供两份工作
I can offer you two things.
喀山大学哲学教授
The chair in philosophy at Kazan University,
或莫斯科大学哲学教授
or a teaching post in philosophy at Moscow University.
呃 同志
Er, comrade, please.
我不想教书
I don’t want to teach.
我想做体力工作
I want to work as a manual laborer,
工厂或集体农场都可以
either in a factory or on a collective farm.
教授 这是不可能的 您在说什么呢
Профессор, это невозможно, о чём Вы говорите?
您难道还不明白吗 您算是什么农民呢 这太荒唐了
Неужели Вы понимайте. Ну, какой из Вас колхозник. Это абсурд.
你说什么?
Что!
非常抱歉 维特根斯坦教授
I’m terribly sorry, Professor Wittgenstein,
但这件事没得商量
but this is absolutely out of the question.
在苏联 最不短缺的就是不熟练的工人
The one thing that is not in short supply in the Soviet Union is unskilled labor.
这样
Да.
是的 教授 我们得为他们演奏他们自己的旋律
Да, да, профессор, we must teach the frozen circumstances to sing
才能教会冻结的环境歌♥唱
by playing them their own melody.
维特根斯坦教授 我建议您读一点黑格尔
Professor Wittgenstein, I do recommend you to read more Hegel.
开玩笑吧
Это шутка.
我可读不了黑格尔 会疯掉的
I couldn’t possibly read Hegel. I’d go stark raving mad.
你读过托洛茨基的艺术论吗
Tell me, have you read Trotsky on art?
那个更有意思
That’s much more interesting.
没有 教授 我没读过托洛茨基的书
Нет профессор, я не читала Троцкого
托洛茨基太危险了 教授 我不理解您
Троцкий – это опасно. Профессор, я не понимаю Вас.
您来到莫斯科 说是想去集体农场工作
Вы приезжайте в Москву, Вы хотите работать в колхозе.
您想让我读托洛茨基的书
Вы хотите, чтобы я читала Троцкого.
但托洛茨基太危险了 托洛茨基在西伯利亚
Но Троцкий – это опасно. Троцкий – это Сибирь.
您明白吗 托洛茨基在西伯利亚!
Вы понимайте? Троцкий – это Сибирь!
下一位
Следующий.
下一位
Next one.
俄♥罗♥斯♥的情况如何
How was Russia?
唔 至少列♥宁♥的国家已消灭了失业问题
Well, at least Lenin’s state has ensured that there’s no unemployment.
那是一个有序的社会
It is an ordered society.
你过得挺好的吧 – 是的
Are you enjoying yourself? – Yes, I am.
你是对的
You were right.
你在俄♥罗♥斯♥找到工作了吗 – 很遗憾 没有
Did you find yourself a job in Russia? – Sadly, no.
看起来我摆脱不了剑桥和哲学了
It looks like I’m stuck with Cambridge and philosophy.
路德维希 放弃吧
Ludwig, give it up.
你在搞什么呢 路德维希
What the hell are you playing at, Ludwig?
我刚刚和约翰尼谈过了 – 什么意思
I’ve just been talking to Johnny. – What do you mean?
所有那些关于工程和给他找工作的废话
I mean all this poppycock about engineering and him getting a job.
你觉得他的父母会怎么想 – 我不明白
What do you think his parents will think? – I haven’t the foggiest.
约翰尼的父母都是劳动者
Johnny’s parents are working people.
他的父亲是矿工
His father’s a miner.
为了把他送进剑桥 他们牺牲一切
They sacrificed everything they have to get him to Cambridge.
这和约翰尼的父母有什么关系
What’s Johnny’s parents got to do with it?
听着 维特根斯坦 约翰尼的父母是工人
Listen, Wittgenstein, Johnny’s parents are workers.
只有在托尔斯泰的书中时
That’s what you admire,
你才会赞赏他们
when it’s confined to the pages of Tolstoy.
我从没见过约翰尼的父母
I’ve never met Johnny’s parents.
我劝你还是不要见为好
I strongly advise you not to.
你把对自己的自我憎恨强加给他们的儿子
You’re foisting your own self-hatred onto their son.
你在读西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的书 – 那怎么了
You’ve been reading Sigmund Freud. – What of it?
这很危险
It’s dangerous stuff!
相信我 维也纳人了解维也纳人
Believe me! It takes one Viennese to know another.
弗洛伊德和约翰尼在什么可怕的工厂里汗流浃背没有关系
Freud’s nothing to do with Johnny sweating it out in some god-awful factory.
你不能这么做 维特根斯坦
You can’t do this, Wittgenstein.
你不能把约翰尼当做你的幻想的素材
You can’t use Johnny as fodder for your own fantasies.
我做什么和你没有关系
What I do is none of your business.
我的责任就是阻止你
It’s my business to stop you from…
你怎么说来着 哦 “感染”太多年轻人
Oh, what’s your word, “infecting” too many young men.
你对他们有很坏的影响 这你看不出来吗
You have a terrible power over them, can’t you see that?
半个剑桥的人都在模仿你的举止
Half of Cambridge goes around imitating your mannerisms.
你知道的 我从不鼓动学生
You know I’ve never encouraged disciples.
我说的是你 不是你的思想
I’m talking about you, not your ideas.
你盛气凌人 却浑然不知
You lord it over others and you don’t even know it.
所有贵族都把平民理想化 只要他们还继续往锅炉里添煤
All aristocrats idealize the common folk, as long as they keep stoking the boilers.
我应该知道的 我也是这么长大的
I should know, I was brought up like that, too.
如果你说的是我受的教育 那是很久以前的事了
If you’re talking about my upbringing, that was a long time ago!
在另一个国家!
In another country!
对于一个认为我腐蚀其他人的人 我还能和他说什么呢
How can I possibly speak to a man who believes I corrupt others?
我只是引用你自己的话
I’m simply quoting your own words.
罗素 我希望你知道 我们的友谊到此结束了
Russell, I would like you to know that our friendship is now over.
我昨天和罗素大吵了一架
I had a fearful row with Russell yesterday.
他说我产生了邪恶的影响
He said I was an evil influence.
你在担心什么 路德维希 你的逻辑还是你的罪孽
What is worrying you, Ludwig? Is it your logic or your sins?
都担心
Both.
主要是我的罪孽
My sins mostly.
罪孽 罪人 犯罪
Sins, sinners, sinning.
一派胡言
What nonsense you do talk.
不要指望我会同情你
You mustn’t expect any sympathy from me.
我不是什么道德高尚的人 – 我也没觉得你是
I’m not a virtuous man. – I never imagined you were.
梅纳德 你知道吗 每个小时 每一天
Do you know, Maynard, every hour, every day,
我用尽全力才能站稳
I keep my feet with the greatest difficulty,
任何一缕不诚实的微风 都足以让我永远倒下
and the slightest gust of dishonesty would be enough to bowl me over forever.
这就是为什么人们觉得我很奇怪
That’s why people think I’m so strange.
我不知道该说什么
I don’t know what to say to you.
你陷入了道德完美的绝境
You’re suffering from a terminal case of moral integrity.
如果你允许自己多一点点罪恶
If you’d just allow yourself to be a little more sinful,
就有可能得到救赎
you’d stand a chance of salvation.
救赎是我唯一关心的问题
Salvation is the only thing that concerns me.
我知道我们在这里不是为了享乐的
And I know we’re not here to have a good time.
你像个真正的新教♥徒♥
Spoken like a true Protestant.
亲爱的路德维希
Ludwig, my dear,
这世上没有什么可以和得到满足的身体的温暖相比
there’s nothing in the world like the warmth of a sated body.
对我来说 这就像被寒风灼伤一样
For me, it’s as if I’m being burnt by a freezing wind.
振作起来
Pull yourself together.
哲学是一种精神疾病
Philosophy is a sickness of the mind.
我不能传染给太多年轻人
I mustn’t infect too many young men.
约翰尼是多么独一无二 无可替代
How unique and irreplaceable Johnny is.
然而 和他在一起时 我很少有这种感觉
And yet how little I realise this when I am with him.
这始终是个问题
That’s always been a problem.
但是 在一个这样的爱情不被接受的世界里
But living in a world where such a love is illegal
试图开诚布公的生活 这是完全矛盾的
and trying to live open and honest is a complete contradiction.
我和约翰尼睡过三次
I have… known… Johnny three times.
每次在开始时都不会认为有哪里不对
And each time I began with feeling that there was nothing wrong.
但是之后
But after,
我感到羞愧
I felt shamed.
你在想什么