Far too patriotic.
我觉得拍片的人一定是戈培尔(保罗·约瑟夫·戈培尔)的高徒
l felt the makers must have been master pupils of Goebbels.
至于最后演奏国歌♥的时候 我就悄悄溜出去了
As for playing the national anthem at the end, I’d sneak out.
快一点 梅纳德
Come on, Maynard! Speed it up.
不能再快了 我已经头晕眼花了
Can’t go any faster, it’s making me giddy.
我要更快点吗 路德维希 – 不必 保持这样就好
Should I go any faster, Ludwig? – No, no, you keep going as you are.
梅纳德 坚持住 继续
Come on Maynard, keep it up, keep it up, keep it up!
你在拖慢整个过程
You’re slowing the whole thing down.
我不行了 – 被你搞得一团糟
I’m done for. – You’ve ruined the whole thing!
我们刚进入节奏 – 滚蛋 去找别人玩儿吧
We were just getting into rhythm. – Go away and play with someone else!
好吧
All right.
这次你来当太阳 简单一点
You can be the sun this time. It’s easier.
我当地球 莉迪亚是月亮
I’ll be the Earth, and Lydia can be the Moon.
休息会儿 喝杯茶吧
We take rest. Take tea.
来吧 梅纳德
Come along, Maynard.
天啊
Oh, dear.
我想知道哪里出错了
I wonder where I went wrong?
伯蒂 听听这个
Oh, Bertie, do listen to this.
朱利安·贝尔写的一首讽刺路德维希的诗
It’s Julian Bell’s satirical poem of Ludwig.
“而他说出无意义的话 无数的陈述那么做”
“For he talks nonsense, numerous statements makes.
“他恒常打破自己立誓的沉默”
“Forever his own vow of silence breaks.
“日日夜夜谈论伦理和审美”
“Ethics, aesthetics, talks of day and night
“称事物好或坏 错或对”
“and calls things good or bad and wrong or right.
“谁曾在哪个议题上 见到过路德维希忍♥住不颁布法则”
“Who on any issue ever saw Ludwig refrain from laying down the law?
“无论到谁那里 都大声把我们喝止 打断我们的话 结结巴巴说起他的句子”
“In every company he shouts us down and stops our sentence stuttering his own
“永不停息的争辩 刺耳 恼怒和喧闹”
“Unceasing argues, harsh, irate and loud,
“他当然正确 为他的正确而骄傲”
“sure that he’s right and of his rightness proud.
“这毛病常见 是人多少有这股味”
“Such faults are common, shared by all in part,
“但维特根斯坦大谈人文 自诩全对”
“but Wittgenstein pontificates on art.”
傻蛋 傻蛋 维特根傻蛋!
WittersGitters, WittersGitters, WittersGitters!
仙女 仙女 仙女
Fairy, fairy, fairy!
白♥痴♥
Idiot!
这是什么意思
What does this mean?
一种表示蔑视的手势
It’s a gesture of contempt.
我过马路的时候 一个骑自行车的人朝我比这个手势
A cyclist did this to me as I was crossing the road.
我当场就决定自杀
I decided then and there to kill myself.
你今晚和我们一起去守护神剧院吗
Are you coming to the Palladium with us this evening?
这个手势的逻辑结构是什么
What’s the logical structure of this gesture?
没什么逻辑结构
It doesn’t have one!
这意味着我大半辈子都在死胡同里摸索
That means I’ve spent most of my life groping down a blind alley.
因为别人朝你比了一个V字手势 就决定自杀
Isn’t it rather an overreaction to kill yourself,
是不是有点反应过度了
because somebody gives you a V-sign?
哲学探究的是意义的本质
Philosophy hunts for the essence of meaning.
可没有这种事 没有这种事!
There’s no such thing. There’s no such thing!
只有我们在日常生活中的行为方式 还有这种东西
Just the way we do things in everyday life and things like that.
学院的看守人都明白
The college porter knows that.
那你准备怎么度过余生呢
So what are you planning to do for the rest of your life?
我打算先自杀看看
Well, I shall start by committing suicide.
死之前要来一杯香槟吗
Champagne before you go?
呃 你知道
Um, do you know…
我还是喝杯茶吧
I’d love a cup of tea.
一个哲学家怎么会讨厌哲学呢
How like a philosopher to hate philosophy.
他认为普通的劳动人♥民♥掌握了答案
He thinks ordinary working people have the answers.
他想让我放弃哲学 也许我应该放弃
He wants me to give up philosophy. Perhaps I should.
哲学只是陈述所有人都承认的事实
Philosophy just states what everyone admits.
哲学如何衡量这个呢
How does philosophy take the measure of this?
没有办法
It’s not supposed to.
这就好比抱怨无法用胡萝卜演奏一样
It’d be like complaining that you can’t play a tune on a carrot.
的确如此
Precisely.
你认为哲学是无用的吗 – 我不这么想
Do you think philosophy is useless? – Oh, no.
对路德维希来说 哲学是一种治疗
It serves Ludwig as a therapy.
你打算接受他的建议吗
Are you going to take his advice?
我注定要陷入深渊
I was destined for the pit.
为了把我带到这里 我的父母付出了一切
My parents gave up everything to get me here.
我很乐意离开
I’d be quite happy to go back.
但这会伤透他们的心
But it would break their hearts.
那么 亚里士多德呢?
Well, what about Aristotle?
亚里士多德?
What about Aristotle?
我从没读过亚里士多德的书
I’ve never read Aristotle.
他又能告诉我们什么呢
What can he tell us, anyway?
可以向托尔斯泰 陀思妥耶夫斯基和圣马太寻找答案
The answer is in Tolstoy, Dostoevsky and Saint Matthew.
真是神奇!
How marvelous!
原来你还是基♥督♥徒呢 路德维希
I didn’t know you were a Christian, Ludwig!
我不是
I’m not.
我只是从宗教的角度看待一切事物
It’s just that I look at everything from a religious point of view.
为什么有存在而不是什么都没有
Why is there anything at all rather than just nothing?
这我怎么知道
Well, how the bloody blue blazes should I know?
我是女人 你是哲学家
I’m the woman. You are the philosopher.
哦 我的哲学中最重要的部分还没有写出来呢
Oh, the most important part of my philosophy hasn’t been written.
我不能把它写出来 它永远也不能被写出来
I can’t write it. It can never be written.
胡扯!只需全套英式早餐和一些申请书
Oh, bunkum! A full English breakfast and a spot of application.
我怀疑未来是否有人能理解它
It doubt it’ll be understood in the future.
人 文化 空气 未来的一切都有所不同
People, culture, the air, everything will be different in the future.
我们正在变异
We’re mutating.
你知道吗 你对完美的痴迷有点荒唐可笑
You know, your obsession with perfection is quite, quite ludicrous.
我想变得完美 你不想吗 – 天啊 当然不想
I want to be perfect, don’t you? – Christ, no.
那我就不懂我们怎么会成为朋友了 – 我也不懂
Then I don’t see how we can be friends. – Neither do I.
我曾相信 语言可以为我们描述世界的图像
I used to believe that language gave us a picture of the world.
但是不能为我们描述这是如何做到的
But it can’t give us a picture of how it does that.
就像试图看清在看某种事物的自己一样
That would be like trying to see yourself seeing something.
如何
How… how…
语言是如何做到的 难以形容
How language does that is beyond expression.
这就是语言奥秘
That is the mystery.
这些都是错的
That was all wrong.
语言根本不是图像
Language… isn’t a picture at all.
那语言是什么呢
What is it, then?
语言是
It’s…
是手段
…a tool.
是工具
An instrument.
并不是只有一个世界图像
There isn’t just one picture of the world,
还有很多不同的语言游戏
there are lots of different language games,
不同的生活形式 不同的以言行事方式
different forms of life, different ways of doing things with words.
它们并不是一致的!
They don’t all hang together!
什么意思?
What do you mean?
意思是 我的语言的界限 就是我的世界的界限
All mean is the limits of my language are the limits of my world.
我们不断冲撞我们的笼子的壁墙
We keep running up against the walls of our cage.
非常抱歉
I’m terribly sorry.
你们今天遇到了一个没用的老师
You… you have a worthless teacher today…
我已经不行了
I’m all cleaned out.
请原谅 简直太精彩了
Please forgive me. That was quite masterly.
太糟糕了 – 我不知道
It was frightful. – I don’t know.
你让我有一种变成植物人的感觉
Made me feel like a vegetable.
怎么可能呢
How could it possibly?
植物人是没有感觉的
It doesn’t feel like anything to be a vegetable.
教授 我不明白
I just can’t see it, Professor.
不知怎么回事 说“我知道我很疼”对我来说似乎很自然
It somehow just seems natural to me to say, “I know I’m in pain.”
哦 自然
Oh… natural.
你说说
Tell me…
为什么人们认为
why does it seem more natural
太阳绕着地球转 而不是反过来
for people to believe that the sun goes round the earth,
是更自然的
rather than the other way round?
唔 明显是因为看起来是这样的
Well, obviously, because it looks that way.
明白
I see.
那么 如果地球绕着太阳转 会是什么样呢
Then how would it look if the Earth went round the sun?

Erm…
我觉得
Well, I suppose…
没错
Yes!
我知道你是什么意思了
I see what you mean.
研讨会 电影院
Seminar, flick.
研讨会
Seminar.
研讨会