It came so quickly, after taking so long.
经过长久等待后abc它来的竟这麽得快
There’s not even timeabcfor a proper conclusion.
只是…我没有时间abc能做适当的结语
I trust this will have a soporific effect?
我相信这会让人眼皮沉重
I don’t know about that,abcbut it sure does make you sleepy.
我不清楚abc但它会让人想睡觉
What’s so funny?
有什麽好笑的?
What?
怎麽了?
It’s just…
只是…
It’s that “soporific” means…
“眼皮沉重”就是…
…”makes you sleepy. ”
想睡的意思
It does?
真的吗?
That was sort of dumb.
我还真蠢
No, it was funny.
不,很有趣
Yeah? In a dumb sort of way.
是吗,是蠢的有趣吧
I’m glad you explained it to me.
很高兴你告诉我
I never would’ve thought of that.
不然我可能都不知道
I’m a teacher.
我是个老师啊
Yeah, she was a great scholar.abcWrote tons of books, articles.
她是位很杰出的学者abc出过很多书和文章
She was the head of everything.
她几乎样样精通
People used to hug the wallsabcwhen she passed.
任何人遇见她abc无形中都会矮了一截
275, 520. Let’s up the hydration.
275,520,提高水分供给
She won’t be drinking anymore,abcsee if we can keep her kidneys from fading.
反正她也不须喝水abc看看能不能让肾脏保持运作
I had a lot of respect for her.
我非常尊敬她
More than I can sayabcfor the entire bio-chem department.
甚至超过生化系其他教授
– What do you want, dextrose?abc- Give her saline.
葡萄糖吗?abc给她生理食盐水
She gave a hell of a lecture.abcNo notes, not a word out of place.
她不会只挑重点介绍abc不会讲一些不相关的屁话
It was impressive.abcA lot of students hated her, though.
真的很棒abc虽然有些学生不喜欢她
– Why?abc- She wasn’t exactly a cupcake.
– 为什麽?abc- 她不是那麽轻易能跟人妥协
She hasn’t exactly beenabca cupcake here either.
她在这儿不也是不轻易妥协吗
Miss Bearing, Jason and I are here,abcwe’ll insert a catheter to collect urine.
贝宁小姐,杰森和我现在要abc放一个导管好收集你的尿
– It won’t hurt, so don’t worry.abc- Like she can hear you.
– 不会痛的,别担心abc- 好像她听的见一样
– It’s just nice to do.abc- Eight cycles of Hex and Vin at full dose.
比较妥当啊abc八个疗程都用全剂量的Hex和Vin
Kelekian didn’t think it was possible.
柯医生也难以置信
I wish they’d all go full throttle,abcthen we’d have some data.
希望它们都能发挥效用abc我们好掌握一些资料
She’s not what I imagined.
她完全不像我先前所想的
I thought someone who studied poetryabcwould be more dreamy.
我以为研究诗歌♥的人abc应该会比较浪漫一点
Not the way she did it.
依照她的习惯…
Her course was more likeabcboot camp than English.
她的课还比较像是abc部队裡的新训营
John Donne was incredibly intense.
那位约翰道道恩的诗abc还真的无所不在
Your whole brainabchad to be in knots before you could get it.
等你真正懂了abc恐怕脑子都打结了
– He made it hard on purpose?abc- It has to do with subject matter.
– 他是故意写这麽艰涩难懂吗?abc- 不,这跟他写作主题有关
The “Holy Sonnets” we worked on mostlyabcwere mainly about salvation anxiety.
我们念的十四行诗大多是abc关于救赎的渴望
That’s a term I made upabcin one of my papers…
这是我的报告中自创的:abc“救赎的渴望”
…but I think it fits pretty well.
但还满搭的
He’s this brilliant guy, I mean brilliant.
他真的太厉害了abc绝顶厉害
He makes Shakespeareabcsound like a Hallmark card.
他也同时提高了abc莎士比亚诗的评价
And you know you’re a sinner.
你会发现自己是个罪人
There’s a promise of salvation,abcthe whole religious thing.
此外还有“救赎的承诺”abc满宗教性的观念
But you can’t deal with it.
但还是常让人摸不著头绪
– How come?abc- Because it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
– 为什麽?abc- 因为它经不起仔细的检视
But you can’t face life without it,abcso you write these screwed-up sonnets.
但你生活中又不能没有它abc所以只好写了这些诗
Like a game to makeabcthe puzzle so complicated.
就像为了要让谜语abc更複杂难解一样
What happens in the end?
最后结果如何呢?
The end of what?abc- To John Donne. Does he ever get it?
– 什麽结果?abc- 约翰道恩啊!他成功了吗?
– Get what?abc- His salvation anxiety.
– 成功做什麽?abc- 救赎的渴望啊!
– Does he ever understand?abc- No way.
– 他领悟了吗?abc- 不,不可能的
The puzzle takes over.abcYou’re not even trying to solve it anymore.
谜语变得愈来愈难了abc恐怕永远都无法解答了
Fascinating, really.abcGreat training for lab research.
这真的很有趣abc好像受过再好再多的训练
Looking at increasing levels of complexity.
只是为了让问题更加複杂而已
– Until what?abc- What do you mean?
– 最终呢?abc- 什麽意思?
Do you ever get to solve the puzzle?
最后如何了呢?abc你解决了这谜题了没有?
No. When it comes down to it,abcresearch is just trying to quantify…
事实上到了最后,研究的目的只是…
…the complications of the puzzle.
为了要衡量複杂性而已
– You help people, you save lives and stuff.abc- Sure, I save a guy’s life…
– 你可是有在助人耶,你救过许多人的生命啊abc- 我曾救过一个傢伙
…and the poor slob goes outabcand gets hit by a bus.
但他随后出去却又被公车撞
Yeah, I guess so.abcI just don’t think about it that way.
或许吧,但我不这麽认为
I guess you can tellabcI never took a course in poetry.
你知道的,我从没修过英诗
If there’s one thingabcwe learned in 17th Century Poetry…
如果真要说abc从十七世纪英诗中学到了什麽
…you can forget all aboutabcthat sentimental stuff.
就是你应该忘却这些abc让人多愁善感的东西
Enzyme kinetics was more poeticabcthan Bearing’s class.
酵素作用学可能还abc比贝宁教授的课更富诗味
Besides, you can’t just go around…
还有,你不能随时…
…thinking about that meaning-of-life stuffabcall the time. You’d go nuts.
都想著生命价值这些东西abc不然迟早都会疯掉
– Do you believe in it?abc- Believe in what?
– 你相信吗?abc- 相信什麽?
I don’t know, the meaning-of-life stuff.
不知道,例如生命的价值吧
What do they teach you at nursing school?
你在护士学校都学些什麽?
She’s out of it. Shouldn’t be too long.
她睡著了,应该不会睡太久
– You done here?abc- Yeah, I’ll just tidy up.
– 好了吗?abc- 我清理一下
– See ya.abc- Bye.
– 再见了abc- 再见
Vivian
薇薇安
Vivian
薇薇安
It’s Eve.
我是夏娃
Vivian
薇薇安
Oh, God.
天啊
Prof. Ashford?
爱丝佛教授
Oh, God.
我的天啊
I’m in town visiting my great-grandson…
我刚好进城来探望我的曾孙
…who is celebrating his fifth birthday.
他刚好过十五岁生日
I went to see you in your office…
我到你办公室找你
…and they directed me here.
他们说你在这儿
I’ve been walking all over town.
我可是走遍了整个市区
I’d forgotten how early it gets chilly here.
我都忘了这儿天气abc多早前就会转冷了
I feel so bad.
我好难受
Yes, I know you do.
我瞭解
I can see.
我看得出来
Oh, dear.
亲爱的
There, there.
我在这儿
There, there.
我在这儿
噢!薇薇安
薇薇安
我在这儿
There, there, Vivian.
我在这儿,薇薇安
It’s a windy day.
今天外面风很大
Don’t worry, dear.
别担心,亲爱的
Let’s see.
我看看…
Shall I recite something to you?abcWould you like that?
我念一些诗给你好吗?
I’ll recite something by Donne.
我念一些道恩的诗
No.
不
Very well.
好吧
Let’s see…
我看看…
“The Runaway Bunny,abcby Margaret Wise Brown.
“逃家的小白兔”abc作者玛格丽特魏斯布朗
“Pictures by Clement Hurd.
插画者克莱门赫德
“Copyright, 1942.
版权1942年
“First Harper Trophy edition, 1972.
哈波楚非第一版abc,1972年
“Once there was a little bunnyabcwho wanted to run away…
从前有一隻小白兔想逃家
“… so he said to his mother,abc’I’m running away. ‘
它告诉兔妈妈:我要逃家
“‘If you run away,’ said his mother…
如果你逃家兔妈妈说
“‘… I will run after you.
我就会去找你
“‘For you are my little bunny. ‘
因为你是我的小宝贝
“‘If you run after me,’abcsaid the little bunny…
如果你来找我,小兔子说
“… I will become a fish in a trout stream…
我就变成河裡的一隻鱼
“‘… and I will swim away from you. ‘
游泳来躲避你
“‘If you become a fish in a trout stream,’abcsaid his mother…
如果你变成一隻鱼abc兔妈妈说
“‘… I will become a fisherman,abcand I will fish for you. “‘
我就变成渔夫等著抓你
Look at that.
你看看
A little allegory of the soul.
关于灵魂的小寓言
Wherever it hides, God will find it.
无论它如何躲藏abc上帝都会找到它的
See, Vivian?
是吧,薇薇安
“‘If you become a fisherman,’abcsaid the little bunny…
如果你变成渔夫abc小兔子说
“‘I will be a bird and fly away”
那我就变成鸟儿躲避你
“‘If you become a birdabcand fly away from me,’ said his mother…
如果你变成鸟儿abc兔妈妈说
“‘… I will be a treeabcthat you come home to. “‘
我就变成你歇脚的那棵树
Very clever.
真聪明
“‘Shucks,’ said the little bunny.