That you need to think about.
你得好好想想
My cancer’s not being cured, is it?
我的癌症还没治癒,是吧?
No.

They never expected it to be, did they?
他们也没把握能治好,是吧?
They thought the drugsabcwould make the tumor get smaller.
他们认为药物能把肿瘤变小
And it has, it’s gotten a lot smaller.
的确,它是变小了
But the problem is,abcit’s started in other places too.
但问题是它又转移到别处去了
They’ve learned a lot for their researchabcand it was the best they had…
他们之前已经做过充分研究abc也的确尽了全力医治你
…it was the strongest drugs.abcIt’s just that there…
那些都是药性最强的药
There really isn’t a good cureabcfor what you have yet.
但却没有完全保证能治癒的
For advanced ovarian.
因为你得的是中后期卵巢癌
I’m sorry,abcthey should have explained this to you.
很抱歉,他们应该告诉你的
I knew.
我已知道了
You did?
你知道?
I read between the lines.
我读过类似的报告
What you need to think aboutabcis your code status.
你该先想想你的急救程式
What you want them to do…
他们该怎麽处置你…
…if your heart stops beating.
如果你心跳突然停止时
Well?
例如?
You can be full codeabcwhich means that if your heart stops…
你可以选择“全力抢救”abc万一你心跳停止
…we’ll call a code blue and the code teamabcwill come in and resuscitate you…
他们会发佈蓝色警戒灯abc急救小组会来全力抢救
…and take you to intensive careabcuntil you stabilize.
把你送进加护病房♥abc直到你病情稳定
Or, you can be:
或者你可以选择
“Do not resuscitate. ”
“不须抢救”
Which means that if your heart stops…
万一你心跳停止…
…we’ll just let it.
我们就会随它去
You’ll be DNR.
你就不会被急救了
Now, you can think about it. But I just…
你可以想想,我只是…
I just wanted to present youabcwith both choices…
只是先告诉你有这两种选择
…before Kelekian and Jasonabccome in and talk to you.
趁柯医生和杰森abc还没找你谈的时候
– They don’t agree about this?abc- They like to save lives.
– 他们不会同意吗?abc- 他们倾向于抢救生命
So anything’s okay as longabcas the life continues.
只要生命能延续下去就好
Doesn’t matterabcif you’re hooked up to a million machines.
不管你身上已经接了多少仪器
我只是…abc不管你身上已经接了多少仪器
Kelekian’s a great researcher, he is…
我只是…
柯医生是个伟大的研究者
…and the Fellows like Jason,abcthey’re really smart.
他和他的见习医师abc像是杰森,他们都很聪明
It’s an honor for themabcto be working with him.
他们都很高兴能跟著柯医生
But they always want to knowabcmore things.
但他们总想发现、学得更多
I always want to know more things.
我也总想知道得更多
I’m a scholar.
我是个学者
Or I was…
曾经是…
…when I had shoes.
曾经我还能穿鞋子
When I had eyebrows.
还有眉毛的时候
Okay, that’s fine. You’ll be full code.
– 好,很好abc- 我是说,你可以选择“全力抢救”
No.

Don’t complicate the matter.
别把事情搞得更複杂
No, really, it’s fine. It’s up to you.
不,真的没关係abc这是由你决定
Just let it stop.
就让它自己停吧
Really?
真的?
Yes.
真的
So, if your heart stops beating…
万一你心跳停止…
Just let it stop.
就让它停吧
You sure?
你确定?
Yes.
是的
Okay.
好吧
Okay, I’ll get Kelekian to give the order,abcand then…
我会告诉柯医生abc请他通令下去的
Susie?
– 苏西abc- 什麽事?
You’re still going to take care of me,abcaren’t you?
你还会继续照顾我,对不对?
Of course I am.
我当然会
Don’t you worry, sweetheart.
别担心,亲爱的
Okay.
好了
Thank you.
谢谢
That certainly was a maudlin display.
这真是感伤的一幕
Popsicles, “Sweetheart. ”
冰棒,亲爱的
I can’t believe my lifeabchas become so corny.
真不敢相信我的生命abc变得如此感伤
But it can’t be helped,abcI don’t see any other way.
但我无能为力abc我没有更好的办法
We are discussing life and death, and…
我们讨论的是生与死
…not in the abstract, either.abcWe are discussing my life and my death.
而且不再是那麽抽象了abc因为我们讨论的是我的生与死
And I can’t conceive of any other tone.
我实在不知道abc还能用什麽心情面对
Now is not the time for verbal swordplay.
现在不是咬文嚼字的时候
Nothing would be worseabcthan a detailed scholarly analysis and…
没有什麽比精密的分♥析♥、见解
…erudition, interpretation, complication.
阐述、或难题更令人头痛了
No.

Now is the time for simplicity.
现在一切都要简单化
Now is the time for…
现在该是…
…dare I say it…
要仁慈…
…kindness.
的时候了…
And I thought being extremely smart…
简而言之就是
…would take care of it.
『大彻大悟』
But I see that I have been found out.
我知道我会被摊开来研究
I’m scared.
我好害怕
Oh, God.
天啊
I want…
我好想…
I want to…
我好想…
No.

I want to hide.abcI just want to curl up in a little ball.
我想躲起来abc我只想…只想蜷曲起来 躲进一个球裡
I want to tell you…
我…我很想…告诉你们…
…how it feels.
这种感觉
I want to explain it.
我很想…去解释它
To use my words.
用我自己的字
It’s just as if I can’t.
只是…我不能…
There aren’t…
没有…
I’m in terrible pain.
我真的好痛苦
Susie says…
苏西说过…
…I need to beabcin aggressive pain management…
我必须要能…承受这巨痛
…if I’m going to stand it.
才能真正去停止它
“Lt. ”
『它』
Such a little word.
真是个简单的字
I think in this case…
我…我想对我而言
…”it”…
它…
…signifies being alive.
它代表著存活的意思
Okay.
好,好
We’ve located Dr. Kelekianabcand he’s on his way here…
我已经通知柯医生了abc他马上赶到
…and we’ll get you some meds.
我们会开些药给你吃的
God, it’s so painful.
天啊,好痛苦
So much pain.
真的好痛苦,好痛
I know. Just try and relaxabcand clear your mind.
我知道,试著放鬆自己abc然后静下心来
We’ll get you patient-controlled analgesic.
我们会给你安抚情绪的止痛药
It’s a little pumpabcwith a little button and you press it…
是个小唧筒abc上面有个按钮可以按
…and you decide how muchabcmedication you want.
要多少量由你自己决定
It’s very simple and it’s all up to you.
很容易操作abc而且由你自行决定
Okay.
可以吧?
Dr. Bearing. Susie.
贝宁小姐,苏西
It’s time for patient-controlled analgesic.abcThe pain’s killing her.
是该给她止痛药的时候了abc她快承受不住了
Dr. Bearing, are you in pain?
贝宁小姐,你很痛吗?
I don’t believe this.
真不敢相信
Get a morphine drip.
给我吗♥啡♥剂
What about patient-controlled?abcShe’d be more alert.
那止痛剂呢?abc她还可以撑一下吧
Ordinarily yes. In her case, no.
普通情况可以abc但她的情况不行
– But I think she would really rather…abc- She’s earned a rest.
但我想她可能情愿…abc她该休息了
Morphine. 10 push nowabcand start at 10 an hour.
十毫升现在施打abc一小时后再打十毫升
Dr. Bearing, try to relax,abcwe’ll help you through this.
贝宁小姐,放轻鬆abc我们会尽力帮你的
Don’t worry.
别担心
贝宁小姐…
Excellent.
非常好
苏西
Hi.
嗨..
How are you feeling today?
你好吗?
These are my last coherent lines.
这是我还算正常的台词
I’ll have to…
其他表演
…leave the action to the professionals.
可能得交给其他人了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!