That sounds like a symposium.
听起来像个座谈会题目
It’s an error in judgment,abcin a molecular way.
当然这是个邪恶的美名abc因为它是纯粹就分子学角度而言
But why?
但是为什麽呢?…
Even on a protistic levelabcthe normal cell-cell interactions…
就连单细胞生物abc细胞间的作用也都是那麽微妙
…are so subtle,abcthey take your breath away.
为何也都如此令人讚歎
It’s incredible, it’s perfect.
太不可思议,太完美了
What’s up with cancer cells?abcSmartest guys in the world…
那何况是癌细胞呢?abc就算召集世上最顶尖的人员
…the best labs, funding…
最棒的实验室、全力的赞助
They don’t know what to make of it.
可能都还无法解开它的谜题
– What about you?abc- Me?
– 那你呢?abc- 我?
I’ve got some things I’m kicking around.
我目前正在研究一个主题
Wait till I get a lab of my own,abcif I can survive this fellowship.
等到我有一间自己的研究室…abc如果我能通过这次见习的话
The part with the human beings.
这就是人为的部份了
Everybody has to do it,abcall the best researchers.
每个优秀的研究员abc都要通过这一关
They want us to converseabcintelligently with clinicians…
他们希望我们能abc和医师们能聊得上
…as if researchers were the impediment.
好像我们都是结巴一样
Clinicians are such troglodytes.abcJust cut the crap, I say.
那些医师们活像是隐士一般abc几乎是不跟人哈拉的
Are you going to be sorry when…
你曾经灰心难过…
Do you ever miss people?
你曾经失去过病人吗?
Everybody asks that, especially girls.
这问题大家都问过abc尤其是女孩子
What do you tell them?
你怎麽说?
– I tell them, “Yes. “abc- Are they persuaded?
– 我答案是肯定的abc- 他们相信吗?
– Some.abc- Some, I see.
– 一部份abc- 我懂了
And what do you say when a patient is…
病人若忧虑或恐惧
…apprehensive, frightened?
你要如何应付呢?
Of who?
为了什麽?
I just…
我只是…
Never mind.
算了
Who’s the President of the United States?
贝宁博士abc请问现任美国总统是谁?
I’m fine. Really, it’s all right.
我很好abc真的,我没事
– You sure? I could order a test…abc- No.
– 你确定?我可以再帮你安排测试…abc- 不
I’m fine. Just a little tired.
我很好,只是有点累了
Okay.
好吧
I gotta go.
我该走了
Keep pushing the fluids,abctry for 2,000 a day, okay?
继续排出水分abc看能不能一天两千毫升
Okay.
好的
To use your word:
使用适合自己的字
“Okay. ”
好吧
So…
所以…
The young doctor, like the senior scholar…
那年轻的菜鸟abc和资深的老鸟一样
…prefers research to humanity.
偏好做人性方面的研究
At the same time…
但同时…
…the senior scholar,abcin her pathetic state as simpering victim…
历经过强颜欢笑日子的资深老鸟
…wishes the young doctor would takeabcmore interest in personal contact.
却又希望年轻菜鸟abc能多重视与人的互动
Now, I suppose we shall seeabchow the senior scholar…
现在我们要回雇看看abc一个无情的老鸟
…ruthlessly deniedabcher simpering students…
如何吝于给予菜鸟
…the touch of human kindnessabcshe now seeks.
如同她现在渴望的那一丝关爱
How, then…
现在
…would you characterize… You!
请阐明…..就是你
How would you characterizeabcthe animating force of this sonnet?
请你阐述abc关于这首诗创作的原动力
In this sonnet, what is the…
在这首诗裡…
What is the principal poetic device?abcI’ll give you a hint:
这首诗主要的寓意是说什麽?abc给你个提示
It has nothing to do with football.
和足球无关
What propels this sonnet?
这首诗的寓意为何?
You can come to this class prepared,abcor you can be excused from this class…
你要嘛就准备好再来上课abc不然就别来上课
…this department, and this university.
念这个系或进这学校
Do not think for a momentabcthat I will tolerate anything in between.
别期望我会睁一隻眼闭一隻眼
Did I say:
我还说
“You are 19 years old. You are so young.
“你都十九岁了abc虽然还年轻”
“You don’t know a sonnetabcfrom a steak sandwich. ”
“但你却能把十四行诗abc跟牛肉三明治搞混?”
By no means.
不可思议
To scan the line properly…
为了清楚瞭解整首诗
…we must take advantageabcof the contemporary flexibility…
我们应该用一种现在abc颇为认同的一种方式去解读
…in “i-o-n” endings, as in “expansion. ”
也就是“扩张主义”
The quatrain stands:
这首四行诗就是个例子
“Our two souls therefore, which are one
“两颗心,倘若abc早已合而唯一”
“Though I must go, endure not yet a breach
“而如今我得因故仳离”
“But an expansion
“请牢记这非决裂abc而是此情再延续”
“Like gold to aery thinness beat”
“如同不停锻造展延的黄金abc只为留住晨露匆促的脚印”
Bear this in mind in your reading.
阅读时请牢记这个原则
That’s all for today.
今天就上到这儿
Prof. Bearing?abcCan I talk to you for a minute?
贝宁教授,可以跟你谈谈吗?
You may.
请说
I need to ask for an extension on my paper.
希望你能准许abc我延迟交报告的时间
– I’m sorry, I know your policy, but…abc- Don’t tell me, your grandmother died.
– 真的很抱歉,我知道你的规矩,但是…abc- 别跟我说你祖母过世
– You knew?abc- It was a guess.
– 你知道了吗?abc- 我猜的
I have to go home.
我必须回家一趟
Do what you will,abcbut the paper is due when it is due.
随便你怎样abc但报告还是一样得准时交
I don’t know…
不知道,我…
I feel so much…
我觉得好…
What is the word?
该用什麽字呢?
I look back and I see these scenes and I…
当我回雇过去…abc当我重温这些事时,我觉得好…
Miss Bearing,abcis that you beeping at 4:00 a. M?
– 贝宁小姐abc- 是你半夜四点在按铃吗?
Did that wake you?
吵醒你了吗?
Sorry, it just gets occluded sometimes.
很抱歉abc它有时候会自己关起来
– I was awake.abc- You were?
– 不,我醒著abc- 是啊
What’s the trouble, sweetheart?
怎麽了,亲爱的?
I don’t know.
我不知道
Can’t sleep?
睡不著吗?
No…
不…
…I just keep thinking.
我只是在想一些事
If you do that too muchabcyou can get confused.
别想太多abc会容易精神错乱的
I know.
我知道
I can’t seem to figure things out.
有些事我老想不透
I’m in a quandary. Having…
我实在是进退维谷,关于…
…these doubts.
这些疑虑
What you’re doing is very hard.
你现在接受的考验真的很艰苦
– Hard things are what I like best.abc- No, but it’s not the same.
– 我最喜欢艰苦的事abc- 这不一样
– It’s like it’s out of control, isn’t it?abc- Yeah.
– 这情况是无法掌控的,是吧?abc- 是的
I’m scared.
我…我好害怕
Honey, of course you are.
亲爱的,这是当然的
I’m worked up…
我常会惊醒
I don’t feel so sure of myself anymore.
我对自己不再那麽自信了
And you used to feel sure, didn’t you?
你一直都很有信心的,不是吗?
Yes, yes, and I used to feel sure.
没错,我一直都是
It’s okay. It’s all right.
亲爱的,你会没事的
And it hurts, I know.
会有些疼痛,我知道
It’s all right.
没事的
There you go.
这给你
It’s all right.
没事的
It’s okay, it’s all right.
薇薇安,一切会没事的
Vivian? You want a popsicle?
薇薇安,来些冰棒如何?
– Yes, please.abc- Okay.
– 好的,谢谢abc- 好
I’m gonna go get one.abcI’ll be right back, okay?
我去拿,我马上回来
The epithelial cells…
我肠胃组织裡的…
…in my GI tract…
表皮细胞
…have been killed by the chemo.
也都被化学药物杀死了
The cold popsicle feels good.
吃冰棒会好一点
It’s something I can digestabcand it helps keep me hydrated.
那是我唯一能吃的东西abc同时能补充水分
For your information.
顺便告诉你们
Here you go.
拿去吧
– Here.abc- You sure?
– 给你abc- 你确定?
– Thanks.abc- Thank you.
– 谢谢abc- 谢谢你
When I was a kid we used toabcget these from a truck.
我们小时候常去abc卖♥♥冰的小货车那儿买♥♥冰
A man would come aroundabcand he’d ring his bell…
那个老闆每次来就会摇铃
…and we’d all go running over.
我们就会马上围过去
And then we’d sit on the curbabcand eat our popsicles.
然后就坐在路边吃著冰棒
That’s pretty profound, huh?
真令人怀念
Sounds nice.
听起来不错
There’s something we need to talk about.
薇薇安abc有件事我们必须讨论一下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!