He never.
男的都没碰过那个疯女孩
No man here touched that crazy girl.
我打的
I put the hurt on her,
我和我妹妹
me and my sisters.
他们只是旁观
They was here, too.
杰赛普的所作所为背离了我们
What Jessup done was against our ways.
他知道 我也知道
He knew it, I know it,
我对他会怎样
and I ain’t raised no stink at all
没有任何意见
about whatever became of him.
但她不是我那兄弟
But she ain’t my brother.
她是我仅存的亲人
She’s about all the close family I got left,
所以我现在来接她
so I’ll be collecting her now
把她带离这里 送回家
and carrying her on out of here to home.
可以吗 萨姆
That suit you, Thump?
你是要站在她那边吗
You’re gonna stand for her, are you?
她做错了的话算我头上
If she does wrong, you can put it on me.
你要为她的行为负责
She’s now yours to answer for.
这女孩不会告诉别人任何事
This is a girl who ain’t gonna tell nobody nothing.
伙计们帮下他
You boys give him a hand.
把她带到卡车里去
Go on, put her in his truck.
用力咬 直到血止住
Chomp down on that till the blood lets up.
你♥爸♥爸不能面对破产
Your daddy couldn’t face this last bust,
不能面对十年的苦难
couldn’t face a 10-year jolt.
他开始跟那个混♥蛋♥警长谈
He started talking to that fucking sheriff.
你现在欠我的
You own me now.
明白吗
Understand?
他们等着看我的反应
They been waiting to see if I’ll do anything.
他们在观察
Watching.
我不能知道
I can’t know for a certain
是谁杀了我弟弟的真♥相♥
fact who went and killed my little brother.
即使你知道了
Even if you find out,
也不要告诉我是谁杀了他
you can’t ever let me know who killed him.
知道了真♥相♥
Knowing that would just
就意味着我离死期不远了
mean I’d be toes up myself pretty soon.
好吗
Deal?
不 走开 把门打开
No, get out of the– open the door.
-怎么了 发生什么了 -继续走 小心
– What? What’s happened? – Go on. Watch out.
会很灼热
Gonna burn.
抓紧我的手
Squeeze my hand.
谢谢
Thank you.
我听说了
l just heard.
这些给你
I brought these over for you.
这些是止痛剂 很有效
They’re painkillers. They’re real strong.
起效很快
These are gonna kick in real quick.
-先吃两片 -好
– Start with two. – Okay.
她会想再吃点
She’s gonna want more,
但先吃两片 只能吃两片
but start with two and build from there,
无论她需要多少才能入睡
whatever number lets her rest.
谢谢
Thank you.
你等我睡着后再走吗
Will you stay until I fall asleep first?
是的
Yeah, I will.
但要检查下他们是否在做作业
But then make sure they’re doing their homework.
好吧
All right.
你手臂疼吗
Does your arm hurt?
不疼
No.
还好
Not bad.
大白·米尔顿说他和索尼娅会收养索尼
Blond Milton said him and Sonya would take Sonny in.
我跟你说过吗
I tell you that?
帮我把他养大
Raise him on up from here for me.
索尼知道吗
Does he know? Sonny?
我们不会告诉他
Not from us.
如果他知道 也是其他人讲的
lf he knows, it’s from somebody else blabbing,
因为我不会说
’cause l never.
他甚至不知道爸爸在贩毒
He doesn’t even know Dad cooks.
如果他们收养他 倒会有些帮助
If they took him, that might help some.
那艾什莉呢
What about Ashlee?
他们对她不感兴趣
She don’t shine for them.
你还有什么办法
Well, what else can you do?
求维多利亚和泪珠收养艾什莉
Beg Victoria and Teardrop to take Ashlee in.
天 希望事态不会发展至如此
God, I hope that ain’t the way it goes, Sweet Pea.
真希望不要如此
l hope to hell it ain’t.
见到你很荣幸
It was nice meeting you.
-一天愉快 -谢谢
– Have a good day, okay? – Thanks.
我是沙克警长
Sergeant Schalk.
-蕾·多利 -幸会
– Ree Dolly. – Nice to meet you.
蕾 你今天来做什么
So what brought you down here today, Ree?
我来咨♥询♥四万美元的详情
Um, I wanted to find out more about the $40,000
我来报名
I get for signing up.
这是个入伍的好理由
Well, that’s a good reason for joining,
但你何不找
but why don’t you give me
三个更好的借口
three better reasons for joining?
因为一旦入伍 就不能回头了
Because once you join up, there’s no turning back,
这也许对你来说四万美元不值得
and it might not be worth $40,000 dollars to you.
主要原因是我需要钱
Well, the main reason is I need the money.
我想 旅行也挺好的
It’d be nice to travel, I suppose.
五年是一个很长的契约
You know, five years is a long commitment.
我多久能拿到钱
Well, how long before l get the money?
你报名之后的十四
Well, after you sign up, it would be anywhere
至八十二周内
between 14 weeks to 82 weeks.
为什么招募广♥告♥上未说明
Well, how come it doesn’t say that on the poster?
可能是笔误 也可能是没写
Probably a clerical error, or it just wasn’t on there.
也可能是印刷在底部了
It might have been in fine print at the bottom.
你介意我问你嘴唇和眼角上的伤
Do you mind me asking, what happened to your–
是怎么回事吗
your eye and your lip?
我从自行车上跌下来磕的
l fell off my bike.
自行车上摔下来的吗
Fell off a bike?
你多大了
Well, um, how old are you?
-十七岁 -你十七岁
– 1 7. – You’re 1 7.
好吧 如果你真的想入伍
Okay. Now, if this is something you really wanted to do,
我们把你父母找来好吗
we’d have to bring Mom and Dad in on this, okay?
我自己能报名
I can sign for myself.
十七岁可不行
Not at 17, you can’t.
十七岁的话
At 17 you’re still
政♥府♥仍认为你是未成年人
considered a minor by the U.S. Government.
你十八岁以后才能报名
You have to be 18 to sign up.
把父母带过来所不便吗
Would it be a problem getting Mom and Dad in here?
我可以造访你们家
l mean, l can come out to you guys’ house–
我母亲病了
My mom is sick.
我父亲…死了
My dad’s… Gone.
你有哥哥
Well, do you have any
或者姐姐可以帮忙吗
brothers or sisters that might be able to help?
我只有十二岁的弟弟和六岁的妹妹
I got a little brother and a little sister, 12 and 6.
那现在谁在照顾他们
Well, who’s taking care of them right now?
-我 -你吗
– I am. – You are?
这就是你需要四万美元的原因吗
Is that why you need the $40,000?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
在我看来 接下来你可能
It sounds like it might be a bigger challenge
很难照顾好你的弟弟妹妹
just to stay home, you know,
因为你没法
and actually take care of your brother and sister
把他们带在身边
because you know you’re not going to be able to take them
跟你一起训练 对吧
with you to training, right?
我以为我可以
I thought maybe I could.
开始时不行
Not right at the beginning.
另外 在现役部队中
Plus you wouldn’t be able to have them
你根本不能带着他们
when you’re actually in the active duty Army
因为如果你外出执行任务
because who’s going to be there to take care of them
谁来照顾他们
if you have to go off and actually fight?
所以现在
So it sounds like right now
你得好好待在家里
you need to buckle up and stay home.
你是家中的脊梁骨
It’s going to take a lot
照顾好家庭需要很大的勇气