Cracked some jokes.
大家一起讲笑话
Come on, get up and dance!
来呀 起来跳舞!
We’ll have a party, for everybody!
我们要开宴会 大家都来啊!
It’s all right.
行了
Come on, Joe. I got you.
来吧 乔 我扶你
What the fuck?
你干嘛?
I ain’t that drunk, yahzee. Cut that horseshit out.
亚齐 我没有醉 别那么做了
I’ll take my daddy’s strawberries, mix them with this Swedish concoction called yogurt.
我想把我爸的草莓和酸奶酪混合
God willing, America will develop a taste.
天呀!美国将诞生一种新口味
What about you, Charlie? What’s life got in store for you after this mess?
那你呢 查理?你在战后想过什么生活?
Sheep.
牧羊
“Sheep”? As in chick’s girlfriend, “sheep”?
牧羊?就像契克的女朋友 绵羊?
Charlie’s family owns the biggest flock in the four corners area.
查理家有四个农场 养着很多羊
No shit?
真的假的?
You a rich man, whitehorse?
你家很有钱嘛?怀陶斯
We do okay.
还过得去啦
Taxis, a whole stinking fleet of them. That’s how I’ll make my millions.
战争结束后我要去赚百万元
Then, I’m going back to the motherland.
然后回到我的故乡去
I’m building myselfavilla on the cliffs of santorini.
我要在圣托里尼的峭壁边盖一栋属于我自己的别♥墅♥
Santorini, my friends. That’s living.
噢 圣托里尼 我的朋友 那才是享受
Sounds nice. What about you, zee?
听起来不错 你呢 亚齐?
I’m thinking about teaching.
我想去教书
Teaching. Bring something back to the reservation?
噢 教书 是报答你的族人吗?
Actually, I’m more interested in bringing some of the reservation back to the world.
其实主要是想报答这个世界
Hoping to teach college. American history.
我希望能在大学教书 教美国历史
That’s just what we need.
哦 那正是我们需要的
Yahzee teaching college boys about custer’s scalping at little bighorn.
亚齐教大学的孩子们 卡斯特将军在小巨角战役剥头皮
And what about what kit Carson did to the navajo in the long walk?
还有探险家基特·卡森到底对纳瓦霍人做过些什么?
Ever read about that?
你曾经听说过吗 契克?
I didn’t think so.
我想你没听过
How about you, Joe?
那你呢 乔?
What?
怎样?
What are you doing after this mess? It’s got to end some time.
在战争之后你想要做什么?总有一天会结束的
Dear Joe, we got great news today.
亲爱的乔 有好消息要告诉你
President Roosevelt announced the end ofblackouts on Hawaii.
罗斯福总统宣布夏威夷解除戒♥严♥
We thought the day would never come.
我们还以为永远等不到这天了
There’s still a 10:00 curfew, but that doesn’t matter to me.
虽然十点之后仍有宵禁 但那不影响我
After a 12-hour shift, I’m too tired to do anything but write letters.
因为在十二个小时的轮班之后 我累得除了写信外不做别的事
There is a real sense that the war is going well and could be over soon.
我能感到战争局势愈来愈明朗 而且很快就会结束
I think about you more and more, if you’re alive or dead out there.
我越来越想你 不知你在那边是生是死
I check the mail every day, knowing there’s going to be an answer.
我每天都查看信箱 只想知道一个答案
Are you reading these, Joe?
你会读我的信吗 乔?
Are you listening?
你在听我说吗?
The area’s secure.
区域安全
Set up defense positions.
建立防御阵地
Chick, bed ’em down for the night. Harri.
契克 晚上他们休息我们站岗 哈里
I don’t know why I let you talk me back into doing this.
不知道为什么我们总是合不到一起
It ain’t working. It’s not meant to be.
不成调子 和想的不一样
To tell you the truth, I used to play for the sheep.
老实和你说 我以前是吹给羊听的
What?
什么?
Brought them in from the pasture like I was a mama sheep.
用曲子把它们从牧场引回来 像母羊一样
Like you was a mama sheep?
你像母羊一样?
Like a mama sheep.
像母羊一样
I always knew there was something funny about you.
查理 你这人可真有趣
You play for the sheep, I’ll play for the pigs. We’ll see what happens.
你吹给小羊我吹给小猪 合起来看看怎么样
We’ll start at the same time, though.
这次我们一起开始
That’s starting to sound like something.
这回听起来像样点
I didn’t know you were an artist.
没想到你还挺会画画的
It’s stupid.
还好啦
It’s just something I’d do as a kid on my grandmother’s kitchen table.
我小时候常在奶奶厨房♥桌子上这样画
It’s nice. Are you catholic?
哦 蛮不错的 你是天主教♥徒♥吗?
I used to be.
曾经是
I was thinking about when they confirmed me.
我在想我入教时的情形
I was 8, and they anointed me with the holy water.
在我八岁时 他们在我身上涂圣水
And I remember…
我还记得
They told me I was a soldier of Christ.
他们告诉我 我是基♥督♥的战士
I guess somewhere along the way, I must have switched units.
我觉得我该找办法调去其他单位了
It’s oil.
是油
They don’t use holy water to confirm. They use oil.
他们从未用圣水给人施礼 他们用油
I was raised catholic, too.
我也曾是天主教♥徒♥
Mission school on the reservation.
在保留区内的传道学校
It’s funny.
真好笑
The fathers didn’t like us talking navajo at mass.
神父不喜欢我们在学校里面说纳瓦霍语
Of course, one Sunday, I forgot.
当然 有个礼拜天我忘记了规矩
They punished me by tying me to the radiator in the basement…
他们把我绑在地下室的散热器上
For two days.
绑了我两天
I think I was 8, too.
我那时好像也是八岁
They’re sure letting you talk navajo now.
他们现在肯定允许你说纳瓦霍语了
When this is over…
我想战争结束以后
You should come out to navajo country.
你应该去纳瓦霍部族看看
Monument valley is a beautiful place. It’s peaceful.
纪念碑溪谷是个很美丽详和的地方
We could do some things you don’t do in the corps.
我们能做一些在军队里做不了的事
Like ride horses, eat fry bread…
像是骑马 吃炸面包
Do some hunting…
打打猎
Horses?
骑马?
It’s a pretty long drive to Arizona.
我也不知道 那离亚利桑那州很远
It might be worth it. You could meet my son.
真的值得你一去 你还可以来看看我儿子
And he could meet Joe enders…
而他也可以认识乔·安德斯
The guy who watched over daddy’s scrawny ass.
让他看看那个保护他爸爸的人
You must be a very good father, Ben.
你肯定是一个好父亲 班
“Ben.”
“班”
You’ve never called me that before.
你之前从未这样叫过我
Enders.
安德斯
What kind of name is that, anyway?
这是哪里的名字?
It’s Italian. It was “endrolfini” before some asshole at Ellis island got hold of it.
是意大利语 本来是“Endrolfini” 后来爱丽丝岛的某个混♥蛋♥把它改了
Captain needs to code a message back to command post.
上级要我来通知编译员去传讯
You the Indian?
你是那个印第安人?
Yeah, I’m the Indian.
对 我就是那个印第安人
It’s just a few minutes drive. We’ll get you back in no time.
只有几分钟车程而已 很快送你回来
I need to speak with you, gunny. Give me a second.
冈尼 我想跟你谈谈 好 等我一下
I got this with the mail today. You ever had pickled herring?
这是今天和信一起收到的 你吃过腌鲱鱼吗?
I need out.
我不想干了
What the hell are you talking about?
你♥他♥妈♥在说什么?
This detail.
这个任务
My duty. I can’t do it.
我的职责 我做不了
I need you, enders.
我需要你 安德斯
You’ve been saving a lot of marines.
是啊 你救过许多陆战队员
I’m requesting mast with battalion commander.
我恳请营长同意
I want out.
我不想干了
Yeah? You, me and every other mother’s son. We all want out.
哦?你和我和每个妈妈的宝贝儿子都不想干
As long as there’s a tojo and a Hitler out there…
但只要东条和希♥特♥勒♥还在这世上一天
We have to keep on fighting. Is that understood?
我们就必须继续战斗 明白吗?
You’re not hearing me. I’m hearing you just fine.
你没有听我说 我在听你说
There’s a war going on worldwide…
现在全世界都在打仗
And it ain’t being waged on your wants and wishes.
不会听你一句不想干就停下来
Get some sack time. That’s an order.
现在你去睡会儿 这是命令
Goddamn it! I can’t do it!
妈的!我就是不想做了!
I can’t perform my duty!
我没法执行任务!
Hey there, sweetheart.
嘿 甜心
Hi. It’s okay.
嗨!你还好吗?
You don’t have to cry. You’re going to be all right.
别哭 没事的!
I got a present for you.
我给你一个礼物
It’s chocolate.
这是巧克力
You eat it and it’s good.
你看 你可以吃它 这很棒的
It’s good.
嗯 真好吃
You want some?
想来一些吗?
You’ll have to chew it next time.
你不能直接吞啦
Harrigan, go!
哈里根 快走!
Incoming!
有炮击!
Run!
跑!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!