She walks straight up to me and asks me if I’m hungry…
她径直走向我 问我饿不饿
‘Cause she’s having a weenie roast.
因为她想吃烤香肠了
Shit! Damn!
靠 不会吧
Me and Molly, boy.
是啊 我和莫丽 太爽了
Now I’m on saipan, with a giant zippo strapped to my back…
我现在却身处塞班岛 背着个超大的打火机
And I’m roasting human beings.
用来烤活人
Why I volunteered…
我为什么愿意从军
Is beyond me.
想不通啊
Damn, I’m proud to be here.
见鬼 在这里让我觉得光荣
My whole family’s been in the corps.
我全家都服过役
My old man’s a lifer…
我老头子是个职业军人
An ass-kicker, on the land and on the sea.
打遍海陆无敌手
Around the house, too.
在家也一呼百应
Maybe now he’ll back off.
也许他现在该退下了
Pappas…
裴坡斯 我…
I want you to do me a favor.
我想要你帮我个忙
She picked them out.
戒指是她挑选的
Don’t talk like that.
奈利 不能这么说
Don’t even joke about shit like that.
你别开这种烂玩笑
Put that ring back on. You’re going home.
把戒指戴好 你会回家的
Don’t thank me till you’ve tried it.
你喝喝看吧 别太感谢我
You missed mail call.
这是你掉的信
What the hell are they doing?
他们在做什么?
I don’t know. They’ve been doing it since sundown.
我不知道 他们从日落就开始了
Sounds like some kind of prayer.
听起来像在祈福
Maybe they know our orders.
也许他们知道我们的职责了
Think you could do it?
真到万不得已 你下得了手吗 乔?
Give it a rest.
结束这话题吧 翰德森
Give it a rest? I keep trying…
结束话题?我是试着不去谈 可是…
But I’m here to kill japs, not marines.
我到这来杀的是日本人 不是陆战队员
What the hell do you think you’re doing, boy?
你知道你在做什么吗?
Getting on my uniform.
拿我的制♥服♥
You know the difference between you and a jap?
亚齐 你知道你和日本人有什么分别吗?
That uniform.
制♥服♥上的分别
That’s it.
就这样
See, I know you people.
我了解你们
I know what kind of slanty-eyed savage you are.
我知道你们这种人有多野蛮
You ought to be careful out here all alone.
你自己单独在这里可要当心
No babysitter.
没有人会保护你的
I might just take you for a jap.
我还以为你是日本人
Are you going to let me get dressed…
契克 你先让我把衣服穿上好吗?
Or keep demonstrating what an ignorant fool you are?
还是你要继续展示自己的无知?
How’s that for an ignorant fool?
无知就没法打你了吗?
Go ahead. Try again.
你来试试
Are you going to do something?
想和我打架吗?
Chick! Come on.
契克!住手!
Get off me!
给我闪开!
You okay, Ben?
班 你还好吗?
Ben? Shit.
班?妈的
I thought he was a jap who’d killed a marine for that uniform.
我还以为他是日本人 杀了陆战队员 换上他们的制♥服♥
Sure you did, chick.
契克 那当然
Damn injun looks just like a jap, don’t he?
他这个他妈的印第安人看起来像日本人 不是吗?
I’m no damn injun.
我不是他妈的印第安人
I’m navajo, of the bitter water people, born for the towering house clan.
我是纳瓦霍人 来自高屋部落 苦水族的纳瓦霍人
But you do look like a nip.
不过你看着是像日本人
Next time you decide to take a bath, you let me know or I’ll kick your ass.
下次你洗澡前先告知我 不然就踹你屁♥股♥
Fucking shitbird.
去你的!谁听你放屁
He does need a babysitter. Out here hunting salmon and shit.
都什么时候了 像个娘们 还在这勾心斗角
That ceremony you saw last night is called a protection ceremony.
你看到昨晚的仪式了吗?它叫做保护仪式
Navajo believe until a body is given a proper burial…
纳瓦霍人相信 在人快死前
The spirits stay near it.
恶灵会围绕在身边
Chee-dis. That’s what we call evil spirits.
恶灵也就是我们所说的魔鬼
Demons.
恶魔
I haven’t thought much about it since I was a kid…
我从前并没有想那么多
Till I saw those dead bodies.
直到我看到那些尸体
You telling me you saw ghosts, private?
你想跟我说你看到鬼了?
No, sergeant, I’m telling you I won’t freeze up again.
不 中士 我想说的是我看到尸体不会再愣住
Because your buddy smeared ash on your forehead?
因为你的伙伴在你的前额涂上灰烬?
That’s right.
没错
Because my buddy smeared ash on my forehead.
因为我的伙伴在我的前额涂上灰烬
Do you ever see ghosts?
你见过鬼吗?
No more stupid questions today, private. That’s an order.
不要再问那些蠢问题 这是命令
Sounds beautiful.
吹得挺好啊
Are you self-taught?
你自学的吗?
My dad was always playing.
我爸教的
You know what they say, “if you can’t beat ’em…”
你知道他们说什么吗?“你吹不赢我们的!”
No shit.
胡说
My dad, he gave me this thing.
我爸他给了我这个
Used to call me the “pied Piper of the pigs.”
他说我是“小猪吹笛手”
I’d bring them in for feeding with this little tune I played.
我用曲子把小猪们引过来喂食
I know I won’t get you to quit playing that thing…
我知道你不会停的
So, like you said, “if you can’t beat ’em…”
那么不如我给你伴奏吧
I don’t think it’s going to work.
我不认为这样能行
We ain’t got much else to do. What the hell?
反正我们也没什么事做 不如就来试试
Okay.

You lead off. I’ll follow you.
那你先吹 随后我跟着你
Dear Joe, how the hell are you?
亲爱的乔 你过得怎么样?
Or, given that you’re not much of a writer, should I not expect an answer?
你说你不爱写信 不知你会不会给我回信呢
The newspapers say our boys are doing great.
报纸说我们的军人很英勇
But I don’t think the reporters have been to kaneohe bay hospital.
我猜那些记者没去卡内奥菏港的医院看过
I found a stray dog the other day, on waikiki.
我在威基基海滩发现了一条流浪狗
Igave him a bath and took him in.
我给它洗了个澡 收养了它
He reminded me of you, but cuter.
它让我想起你 不过它比你聪明
At least he keeps me warm at night.
至少在晚上它使我感到温暖
I try not to think about you, about what might be happening over there.
我努力不去想你 不去想一切可能发生的事
But sometimes when I’m lying in bed…
但有时当我躺在床上
I can’t keep myself from wondering where you are…
我总是会想起你 想你在哪儿
How you’re doing.
你过得怎么样
What the hell are you doing?
你在干嘛?
Writing a letter to my son.
给我儿子写信
Did you forget your orders? No letters out.
你忘了命令吗?信寄不出去的
Command don’t want postmarks going to the reservation.
信件被限制 不能寄出
Did you hear me?
嘿 你听到没有?
I thought that he might read them when I get home.
我打算回家后再给他看
What’s his name?
他叫什么名字?
Your son.
你儿子
It’s George. George Washington.
他叫乔治 乔治·华盛顿
George Washington yahzee.
乔治·华盛顿·亚齐
That’s got a bit of a ring to it.
他长大后应该会很有成就
My wife wasn’t so sure.
我和妻子可不敢这么想
She’s a little more traditional.
我妻子她是一个很传统的妇女
Nice-looking family.
看上去蛮和乐的
That George is quite a character. He’s got a mind of his own.
这是乔治的照片 很像我吧
Can I try one of those?
能让我抽一支吗?
You smoke?
你抽烟吗?
Not really.
不怎么抽
Get off the truck!
下车!
Dismount!
快离开车子!
Where’s my helmet? Get out of the truck!
我的钢盔呢? 快下车
Let’s go!
快走!
Let’s go!
快走!
I’m hit!
我被打中了!
I’m hit!
我被打中了!
Take it off! It burns!
它烧起来了 快把它拿开!
You’re not hit! Just shut up!
你没被打中 闭嘴
Son of a bitch.
妈的
Move!
散开来!快
Where the hell are they coming from?
这些炮弹从哪儿打来的?
From us. What?
我们自己的 什么?
They’re not jap guns.
那不是日本的大炮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!