And I said hey, hey, hey…
闭嘴 伙计
Shut up, man.
闭嘴 我是认真的
Shut up! I’m serious.
我说 嘿
I said, hey!
怎么回事
What’s going on?
快抓住他 快抓住他
Get him. Get him!
我要把你们都弄湿
I’ll get you soaked!
我说嘿 怎么回事
I said hey, what’s going on?
我宁可当森林也不当街道
I ‘d rather be a forest than a street
没事
It’s okay.
你很安全
You’re safe.
没事的
It’s okay.
你不会有事的
You’re all right.
别吓到了
Don’t be scared.
你抓到它了 谢谢
You got him! Thanks!
谢谢
Thanks.
它有名字吗
Does he have a name?
流星
Shooting Star.
流星
Shooting Star?
我是维拉 他是凯尔
And I’m Vera, and this is Kyle.
我是谢丽尔 你今天玩得开心吗
I’m Cheryl. Are you enjoying your hike today?
很开心 谢谢你这么问我
I’m having a wonderful time, thank you very much for asking.
你真有礼貌
You’re so polite.
我们只是周末出来 不管下不下雨都出来
We’re just out for the weekend, rain or no.
嗯
Yeah.
维拉是我的奶奶
Vera’s my grandmom.
她在照顾我因为我遇到点问题
She’s looking after me because I have some problems
不过我不能跟陌生人说
I’m not supposed to talk about with strangers.
你不用跟我说的
Well, you don’t have to talk about them.
不过 你要知道每个人都会遇到问题 我也遇到问题了
But, you know, everybody has problems. I have problems, too.
什么样的问题
What kinds of problems?
哦 跟我爸爸有关
Well, I mean, I have problems with my dad.
我再也看不到他了
I don’t see him anymore.
我也是 你妈妈呢
Me, neither. What about your mommy?
她死了
She died.
不过问题总会解决的
But, you know, problems don’t stay problems.
它们会变成别的东西
They turn into something else.
她是怎么死的
How did she die?
呃
Um…
她得了很严重的病
She got very sick.
我妈妈是个歌♥手 她教我唱了很多歌♥
My mother’s a singer. She’s taught me many songs.
真的吗
Oh, really?
你想听吗
Would you like to hear one?
好啊
Yeah.
人们说你就要离开村庄
From this valley they say you are leaving
我们将怀念你的微笑
We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet smile
你的眼睛比太阳更明亮
For you take with you all of the sunshine
照耀在我们的心上
That has brightened our pathway a while
走过来坐在我的身旁
Then come and sit by my side if you love me
不要离别的这样匆忙
Do not hasten to bid me adieu
要记住红河谷你的故乡
Just remember the Red River Valley
还有那热爱你的姑娘
And the cowboy that loved you so true
要记住红河谷你的故乡
Just remember the Red River Valley
还有那热爱你的姑娘
And the cowboy that loved you so true
唱得真好听
That was really beautiful.
谢谢
Thank you.
我想你
I miss you.
天啊 我好想你
God, I miss you.
根本没有办法知道
There’s no way to know what makes
事情为什么发生或不发生
one thing happen and not another.
什么导致什么
What leads to what.
什么毁掉什么
What destroys what.
什么引起什么旺盛
What causes what to flourish.
或是死亡
Or die.
或选择另外一条道路
Or take another course.
要是我原谅自己会怎样
What if I forgive myself?
要是我很遗憾会怎样
What if I was sorry?
不过即使我可以回到过去
But if I could go back in time,
我还是会做一样的事
I wouldn’t do a single thing differently.
要是我确实想跟那些人上♥床♥呢
What if I wanted to sleep with every single one of those men?
要是海♥洛♥因♥教了我一些事呢
What if heroin taught me something?
要是我所做的那些事让我来到了这里呢
What if all those things I did were the things that got me here?
要是我永远都得不到救赎呢
What if I was never redeemed?
要是我已经悔改了呢
What if I already was?
我们如愿以偿
我花了很多年时间成为我妈妈培养的女人
It took me years to be the woman my mother raised.
我花了4年7个月3天来完成
It took me four years, seven months and three days to do it.
我自己一个人完成的
Without her.
在我因悲伤迷失在荒野之中后
After I lost myself in the wilderness of my grief,
我终于在树林中找回自我
I found my way out of the woods.
直到徒步旅行的最后一天
And I didn’t even know where I was going
我才知道我要去哪里
until I got there on the last day of my hike.
谢谢 我曾经一遍又一遍的思考
Thank you, I thought over and over again,
谢谢徒步旅行教我的东西
for everything the trail had taught me,
以及我还不知道的东西
and everything I couldn’t yet know.
4年后我穿越这座大桥
How, in four years, I’d cross this very bridge.
我嫁给了一个离我站的地方不远的人
I’d marry a man in a spot almost visible from where I was standing.
9年后我和那个男人
How, in nine years, that man and I
生了一个儿子名叫卡弗
would have a son named Carver,
再过一年后 生了一个女儿跟我妈妈同名 叫芭比
and a year later, a daughter named after my mother, Bobbi.
我只知道我再也不用
I knew only that I didn’t need to
一个人面对了
reach with my bare hands anymore.
就像鱼儿在水里就够了一样
That seeing the fish beneath the surface of the water was enough.
那就是一切
That it was everything.
我的人生 跟所有生命一样
My life, like all lives,
不可思议 不可挽回也很神圣
mysterious, irrevocable and sacred.
非常紧密
So very close.
非常现实
So very present.
贴我非常近
So very belonging to me.
多么的疯狂…让它去吧
How wild it was… to let it be.
我宁可当麻雀也不当蜗牛
I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail
我宁愿如此
Yes, I would
如果我能够
If I could
我当然愿意
I surely would
我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉
I’d rather be a hammer than a nail
我宁愿如此
Yes, I would
如果我能
If I only could
我当然愿意
I surely would
飞走我宁可飞走
Away, I’d rather sail away
像天鹅一样
Like a swan
来去自♥由♥
That’s here and gone
人被地面束缚
A man gets tied up to the ground
发出的声音最悲
He gives the world
声音最悲
Its saddest sound
声音最悲
Its saddest sound
我宁可当森林也不当街道
I’d rather be a forest than a street
我宁愿如此
Yes, I would
若我能做到
If I could
我当然愿意
I surely would
我宁可感觉脚踏实地
I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet
我宁愿如此
Yes, I would
如果能如此
If I only could
我肯定愿意
I surely would