Sonora…
欢迎Sonora…
and her brave horse, Lightning!
以及她勇敢的马 闪电!
Sonora, ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们 掌声鼓励Sonora
and her brave horse, Lightning!
和她勇敢的马 闪电!
Sonora, ladies and gentlemen.
各位 这就是Sonora
Sonora!
这就是Sonora!
We got a new diving girl.
我们有了新的跳水女孩
And a new diving horse.
还有新的跳水马
Do we get to be on a poster? We’ll get some new posters.
我们可以上海报吗? 我们会有新海报
It’ll be Marie and Sonora, the diving girls.
上面是Marie和Sonora 跳水女孩们
I refuse to share billing with a stable hand.
我拒绝和一个马仔分钱
Marie, she made the dive.
Marie 她成功跳水了
She is not the star of the show. I am.
她不是表演的明星 我才是
All right, you’re the star. But we got two diving girls.
好吧 你是明星 我们有两个跳水女孩了
Since I’m the star, I would like more money
既然我是明星 我要更多的钱
and a bigger dressing room.
更大的化妆间
There’s a depression going on…
现在正是大萧条…
More money, my own dressing room, and a better poster.
更多的钱 我自己的化妆间 更好的海报
Or I quit. I can’t do that, Marie.
否则我就不干了 我做不到 Marie
Well, then, I quit.
好吧 那我走
Marie, don’t be stubborn. You can’t quit.
Marie 别固执了 你不能走
I am an actress, not a circus performer!
我是个演员 不是马戏演员
I am going to New York City.
我要去纽约
The next time you see me, I’m gonna be a big star.
你下次见我 我会是大明星
And you will still be shoveling manure.
而你还在铲粪肥
♪ I used to dream ♪
♪ 我经常幻想 ♪
♪ Of highways that seemed ♪
♪ 驰骋在康庄大道上 ♪
♪ To lead to silver and gold
♪ 走向金碧辉煌的未来 ♪
♪ But those old passions ♪
♪ 但那些逝去的激♥情♥ ♪
All that spring we traveled from one fair to the next,
那个春天 我们在很多嘉年华里进行表演
doing two or three shows a day.
每天都有2-3场演出
Lightning got better and better with each dive.
随着跳水次数的增加 闪电表现得越来越好
And I got to tell you, I wasn’t bad, either.
需要说明的是 我也不赖
Everything was going great.
一切进展顺利
Except for one thing.
除了一件事
♪ Now and then it seems to me ♪
♪ 不时地 我会觉得 ♪
♪ It weren’t so bad what you used to be ♪
♪ 其实过去生活得也不赖 ♪
♪ Here and now it seems so true ♪
♪ 现实如此真实 ♪
♪ This feeling blue ♪
♪ 这种忧郁的情绪 ♪
♪ Wishing ♪
♪ 多么希望 ♪
♪ Wishing it just weren’t true ♪
♪ 希望都是一场梦境 ♪
♪ My dreams are gone ♪
♪ 我的梦想何在 ♪
♪ Yet I linger on ♪
♪ 但我依旧留念 ♪
♪ As hope drifts into despair ♪
♪ 当希望变成绝望 ♪
♪ All around us ♪
♪ 绝望充斥左右 ♪
♪ The blues surround us ♪
♪ 忧郁环绕四周 ♪
♪ Why, Lord, is life so unfair? ♪
♪ 想问天问大地 为何宿命如此不公 ♪
♪ Now and then ♪
♪ 时不时 ♪
♪ It seems to me ♪
♪ 我会觉得 ♪
♪ It weren’t so bad ♪
♪ 其实过去的生活 ♪
♪ What used to be ♪
♪ 也不错 ♪
♪ Here and now ♪
♪ 此时此地 ♪
♪ Through and through ♪
♪ 彻头彻尾 ♪
♪ This sinking down ♪
♪ 这种低沉 ♪
♪ This feeling blue ♪
♪ 这种哀伤 ♪
♪ And I’m wishing ♪
♪ 多么希望 ♪
♪ Wishing it just weren’t true ♪
♪ 希望一切都只是梦一场 ♪
What ya doing now?
你在做什么?
Finishing that letter to Franklin County.
写给富兰克林郡的信
He promised he’d write me. Why doesn’t he?
他答应过要给我写信的 为什么没有了
Thanks for your time. It’s nothing.
谢谢你的时间 客气了
We’ll see what we can do.
我们会考虑的
What if we can’t book another show? What are we gonna do?
如果我们没有订单怎么办? 我们要怎么做?
That’s why I’m driving to Franklin County,
所以我要亲自去富兰克林郡
see if I can find work over there.
看看能不能在那里找到什么工作
What if there isn’t? Well, I’m keeping the show open.
如果没有呢? 我一定会让演出继续的
I promise you that. And if he doesn’t, I will.
我向你保证 如果他做不到 我可以
All right, now, listen.
好吧 听着
You keep them horses fed and watered, ya hear? Very important.
你要记得给马喂食喂水 很重要
Looks like we won’t be back before tomorrow morning.
看情况 我们明早才能回来
You don’t have to worry about anything. I know that.
你什么都不用担心 好
Hey, Red Lips.
嘿 红唇
Lightning!
闪电!
Oh, Lightning. What’s the matter?
闪电! 你怎么了?
Come on. Get up.
来 站起来
What’s wrong?
怎么回事?
Al.
Al你回来了
What happened?
怎么了?
I don’t know. He’s awful sick.
我不知道 他病得很严重
Easy, boy. Easy.
放松 放轻松
What is it, Al? What’s wrong with him?
怎么回事 Al? 他怎么了?
Did Red Lips eat any of this? No, I don’t think so.
红唇吃这些了吗? 应该没有
It’s moldy. It’s given him colic. What should we do?
发霉了 所以他肚子疼 要做什么?
Gotta get water and oil into him and get him to his feet.
给他喝水和油 帮他站起来
Where’s the tack trunk? In the barn.
桶在哪儿? 在车♥库♥里
It’s gonna be okay, boy.
没事的
All right, now hold this here while I pump.
好 我压进去的时候抓紧这里
That’s it. Hold it there. Good.
就这样 抓紧 很好
All right. Come here.
好了 来
Take this. When I tell you to, pull.
抓住 听我的命令 拉
All right, pull. Come on.
好 拉 用力
Pull! Come on, Lightning.
拉! 加油 闪电
Come on, boy. Come on!
加油 加油!
That’s it. That’s it, boy.
做得好 就这样
Good boy, Lightning. Good boy.
好孩子 闪电 好孩子
Come on. We gotta get him moving.
来 我们得让他活动一下
Come on, Lightning.
走吧 闪电
He’s gonna be okay, isn’t he?
他会没事的 对吧?
Yeah, he’s gonna be just fine.
对 他会康复的
Would somebody please say something?
拜托 不要一直沉默好吗?
I thought you could use a hand with the show.
我以为你可以一手搞定表演呢
Ain’t no show.
没有表演
So, why didn’t you answer my letters?
你为什么不给我回信?
I didn’t get any letters.
我没有收到信
I wrote you just about every day.
我几乎每天都给你写信
What did you say?
你都写什么了?
Stuff.
信呗
What kind of stuff?
什么内容?
You know, stuff.
就是信
I got here a telegram
我收到了一封John Slater
from a John Slater from Atlantic City.
从大西洋城发来的电报
Atlantic City? The Steel Pier.
大西洋城? 钢铁码头
He wants to negotiate a contract with us for six months.
他想和我们签订一个为期六个月的合同
You did this, didn’t you?
是你做的 对不对?
Someone once told me it’s where all your dreams come true.
有人说过 在那里 梦想会变成现实
You got us a contract and didn’t say anything?
你帮我们拿到了一个合同 却什么都不说?
Slater didn’t promise anything. He said he’d think about it.
Slater什么都没说定 就说他会考虑的
What’d you tell him?
你是怎么跟他说的?
Told him the diving horse show was an exciting act,
告诉他 御马跳水表演很刺♥激♥
one of a kind, and that my father was mean and stubborn.
独一无二 还有 就是我的父亲又吝啬又固执
That he was the greatest showman on Earth.
但是世上最好的马戏团的老板
♪ On the boardwalk in Atlantic City ♪
♪ 在去大西洋城的路上 ♪
♪ Life can be peaches and cream ♪
♪ 生活多么甜蜜 ♪
♪ Cinderella, you will find your fella ♪
♪ 灰姑娘 你会找到你的王子 ♪
♪ Someone that you waited for ♪
♪ 你等待了那么久的人 ♪
♪ In romantic, enchantic Atlantic City ♪
♪ 就在浪漫的 富有激♥情♥的大西洋城 ♪
♪ Down by the old New Jersey shore ♪
♪ 沿着新泽西州的旧海岸 一路寻找 ♪
Yep.
没错
You know, Sonora,
你知道 Sonora
sometimes people make mistakes.
人总会犯错