I’m still experimenting, but it will be death-defying.
还在做实验 不过一定会是对死亡进行挑战的
It will definitely defy death.
肯定会是挑战死亡的
There you go. Feel better? Uhhuh.
好了 感觉好点了吗? 嗯嗯
Sure is a funny way of cooking hot dogs.
这样烤热狗很好玩吧
It’s my own invention. Do you want one?
是我自己的发明 你要不要来一根?
I don’t have any money. Well, that’s okay.
我没有钱 没关系
It’s on the house, for fixing my finger.
免费的 为了感谢你帮我处理手指
I’m Clifford Henderson.
我是Clifford Henderson
Sonora. Sonora Webster.
我是Sonora 全名Sonora Webster
It’s good to meet ya.
很高兴认识你
Would you know where I can find a Dr. W.F. Carver?
你知道W.F. Carver博士在哪里吗?
Right through there, across the fairgrounds.
过去就是了 穿过广场
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks for the hot dog. Take care of that finger.
多谢你的热狗 照顾好你的手啊
Thanks for spitting on me.
多谢你冲我吐口水
That’s the last thing I want to do. I got a show to run, Al.
这是我最不想做的 我还要举办表演 Al
So I missed a couple. Couple? You missed three.
我错过了两个 两个? 你错过了三个
Chasing women and gambling are more important than your job?
追女人 赌博对你而言比工作还要重要?
No, but it’s a lot more fun.
不是 但是更有趣
Here, Dad, add that to your profits.
给 老爸 算进你的盈利里
Get out of here, Son. Load the truck.
出去吧 儿子 去装东西
Dr. Carver?
Carver博士吗?
This is your lucky day. You don’t need this anymore.
今天是你的幸运日 你不再需要刊登广♥告♥了
I’m here to answer your ad.
我是来应聘的
Who are you?
你是谁?
Your new diving girl.
你的新跳水女孩
No, you’re not.
不 你不是
Why not? For one thing, I don’t like you.
为什么不行? 首先 我不喜欢你
That’s because you don’t know me.
那是因为你不了解我
Secondly, you’re interrupting my business.
其次 你干扰了我的工作
Third and most important,
最后 最重要的一点
you’re too young and too puny to be a diving girl.
你太年轻 太瘦小 不适合做一个跳水女孩
Well, sir, I don’t know what a diving girl does exactly,
先生 我不知道跳水女孩具体要做什么
but I can do it, ’cause I can do anything.
但是我能做到 因为我什么都可以做
Good. You can get out of here.
很好 你可以出去
I am a very busy man.
我很忙
I do not have time to play with children.
我没有时间陪小孩子玩
Now, will you get off that chair?
现在 你能站起来吗?
Not until you give me a chance. I only want a chance.
除非你给我个机会 我只需要一个机会
Let me explain something to you.
让我说清楚
A diving girl has to be strong.
跳水女孩必须身体素质好
A diving girl has to be brave, fearless,
必须勇敢 无所畏惧
a showman.
有表现欲望
Now, there is a diving girl.
这才是一个跳水女孩应有的素质
You gotta have more…
你还有很多…
You gotta have more than what you got.
你还有很多需要掌握的
Well, I’ll get it.
好 我会学习的
What’s your name?
你叫什么?
Sonora. Sonora Webster.
Sonora 我是Sonora Webster
Let me tell you something. Tell you what you do.
我有对你的忠告 告诉你要做什么
You go out that door, cross the fairgrounds,
你从这道门出去 穿过广场
turn left at the gate, keep walking
出了大门左转
until you get to the bus station.
直走 直到你走到了公车站
I’m not gonna leave until you give me a job.
除非你让我工作 否则我是不会走的
Have a good trip.
旅途愉快
Al?
Al吗?
Dr. Carver sent me to see you. Oh, he did?
Carver博士让我来找你 是吗?
Yeah, I just had a really nice talk with him,
对 我刚才与他聊得很开心
and he thinks I’d make a perfect diving girl.
他觉得我会成为一个完美的跳水女孩
That’s what he said, huh? Uhhuh.
那是他说的? 对
And he said you’re supposed to explain the show to me.
他让我来找你 给我介绍表演的内容
Sure. Come on.
没问题 来吧
The show is real exciting.
表演很精彩
And that’s the tower.
那就是那个塔
Okay. Fine.
好吧
Thank you very much. Oh.
谢谢 对了
You dropped this.
你掉了这个
So, now I’m a baby-sitter.
我成了个保姆
You’re not afraid of heights, are ya?
你不恐高吧?
Who, me? No.
谁 我吗? 当然不
How do you get the horses to jump? We train ’em.
你们怎么让马愿意跳下去呢? 训练他们
Don’t they get scared? Nope.
他们会害怕吗? 不会
If they show any fear, we don’t let them near the tower.
如果他们害怕 我们就不会让他们靠近高塔
What do you do, push them off?
怎么做的 推他们下去吗?
No, they jump on their own.
不 他们自己跳下去
And we don’t use any kind of devices, either.
我们也不会使用任何辅助设备
Do the horses ever get hurt? Nope, just the riders.
马♥会♥受伤吗? 不会 只有骑手才会受伤
It’s rough. You travel from town to town, barely getting by.
很艰苦 你往返于城镇之间 却很难得到认同
The old man, he’s tough. He’ll push you till you break.
那个老家伙 他很严厉 他会一直督促你 直到你放弃
Go back to wherever you came from. You don’t want to be a diving girl.
从哪来的就回去吧 你不会想做跳水女孩的
I have a glorious idea for a new poster.
关于新海报 我有个很好的主意
Full-length shot of me, standing next to the horse,
拍我的全身照 站在马旁边
and in the corner, inside an oval frame,
角落里 有个椭圆形的相框
a picture of my face.
里面有一张我的脸部特写
Smiling. I’ll think about it, Marie.
正在微笑 我会考虑的 Marie
I know it’d sell lots of tickets.
我相信这张海报可以帮我们卖♥♥出更多的票
Maybe the Movie tone people will come by,
也许还会有做电影的人经过
take a moving picture of me diving.
拍摄到我在跳水的视频
I’ll think about it, Marie. Hi!
我会考虑的 Marie 嗨!
We’re not buying pencils today, thank you.
我们今天不买♥♥笔 谢谢
Did you miss your bus?
你错过了公车吗?
I told you I wasn’t going to leave until you gave me a job.
我跟你说了 除非你给我一份工作 否则我是不会走的
This young lady wants to be a diving girl.
这位小姐想跳水
That’s a wonderful idea. She could bring glamour to the act.
真是不错的主意呢 她可以给演出带来新的活力
What you doin’? This way he gets used to my smell.
你在做什么? 这样他就会习惯我的气味
That’s right.
没错
Indians used to do that on the plains.
平原上的印第安人就会这么做
Really? Hmm.
真的吗? 嗯
I thought I just made that up.
我还以为这个方法是我发明的呢
Can you handle a wheelbarrow?
你会推手推车吗?
Are you kidding? I was born handling a wheelbarrow.
你在开玩笑吧? 我可是个中好手
Can you shovel manure? Manure happens to be my “speciality.”
你会铲肥吗? 那恰好是我的专长
I believe that. What about your family?
这个我相信 你的家庭呢?
They lookin’ for you? Nope.
他们在找你吗? 不
I’m not gonna give you a job as a diving girl.
我不会让你做跳水女孩的
But we’re leaving tomorrow for Virginia.
但是我们明天要出发去弗吉尼亚了
I could use a good stable hand. You interested?
我需要一个好马仔 你要做吗?
Yeah! Let’s go to Virginia. All right.
好! 我们去弗吉尼亚吧 好
Virginia. I couldn’t believe my luck.
弗吉尼亚 我简直不敢相信我的好运气
I’d never been to another state before.
以前我都没出过乔治亚州
I was really seeing the world now,
而我现在要周游世界了
even if my view was more where we’d been than where we were goin’.
即使我想的更多的是我们去过哪里 而不是我们还要去哪里
But I wasn’t gonna complain.
但我也不会抱怨
I finally had a real job,
我终于有了一份真正的工作
helping Dr. Carver with the horses during the off-season
在淡季的时候 帮Carver博士在他租来的农场
at the farm he rented.
照料马匹
I was gonna be staying in the most beautiful house I’d ever seen.
我要住在我见过最漂亮的房♥子里
Things were definitely looking up.
一切都在好转
From here on, my life was gonna be just swell.
从现在开始 我的生活会变得精彩
You wouldn’t mind giving me a hand, would you?
你会帮我的 对吗?
Come on. We gotta get horses ready.
来 我们把马安置好
Hurry up. Everybody’s a cow tail around here.
动作麻利 每个人都有事做
We got a lot of work to do. Lord knows, we’ll take the brunch.
我们还有很多活 先吃早午餐吧
It’s okay. I got everything under control.
这是意外 一切正常
Sonora!
Sonora啊!
Come get this horse, please.
过来牵马
Wash him down. Make sure he’s dry.
给他洗干净 把他擦干
Think you can manage that?
能做到吗?
Hi, Al.
嗨 Al
How ya doing?
最近怎么样?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!