他说他一直这样做, 我们大家也是如此
which he says he does all the time, as do we all.
你看, 我现在就在做
Look, I’m doing it now.
是的, 不, 那是…非常…引人注目
Yeah, no, that is… very… compelling.
我知道你正在找到自己的立足点 你的父亲是一个好铜匠,
I know you’re finding your feet, and your father was a good copper,
但有一个层次结构 在警♥察♥里, 爱
but there’s a hierarchy in the police, love.
是的先生
Yes, sir.
罗丝·古丁, 你被指控了
Rose Gooding, you are charged
写下这些邪恶的小字母 伊迪丝·斯旺
with writing these wicked little letters to Edith Swan.
你这样做的动机很明确
You had clear motive to do this,
并且有足够的证据 相信那是你
and there’s more than sufficient evidence to believe that it was you.
你涉嫌骚扰 一个漂亮、年轻的基♥督♥教女人,
You allegedly harassed a pretty, young, Christian woman,
他们在虐待中遭受了巨大的痛苦
who suffered greatly at the abuse.
因此, 你将被还押 在等待审判期间获得三英镑的保释金
And therefore, you will be remanded on a three-pound bail while you await trial.
你买♥♥得起吗?
Can you afford this?

No.
好吧, 那么, 你将前往朴茨茅斯 入狱两个半月
Well, then, you will away to Portsmouth Prison for two and a half months.
下一个!
Next!
嘿, 现在抬起头来, 南斯 他们最终会解决的, 好吗?
Hey, keep your chin up now, Nance. They’ll figure it out in the end, alright?
你怎么能确定呢? – 因为妈妈没有做错任何事
How can you know that for sure? – Cos Mammy’s done nothing wrong.
确切地
Exactly.
只要做好你的功课 远离比尔的吉他
Just do your homework and keep off Bill’s guitar.
你有保存什么东西吗?
You got anything saved?
如果我需要工作, 我就会工作 我不介意
If I need to work, I’ll work. I don’t mind.
是的, 我有我有一周的工资 米尔斯夫人的应付款你会很伟大
Yeah, I have. I’ve got a week’s wage due from Mrs Mills. You’ll be grand.
一周? 罗斯, 他们想送你下去 如果你再也回不来怎么办?
A week? Rose, they wanna send you down. What if you never come back?
你♥他♥妈♥的很厚吗, 伙计? 只要照顾她就行了
Are you fucking thick, man? Just look after her.
你要我写吗 给家里的人吗?
Do you want me to write to your folks at home?
不 – 这是一个不错的监狱吗, 妈妈?
No. – Is it a nice prison, Mammy?
我敢打赌这是亲爱的
I bet it’s darling.
你们这些该死的混♥蛋♥!
You fucking wankers!
嘘, 嘘!
Shh, shh!
打破它! 分开来!
Break it up! Break it up!
移♥动♥!
Move!
…比赛结束后, 他操了她 尽可能快地倒在地板上,
…it’s after the game, and he’s fucking her on the floor quick as he can,
因为她叔叔在楼上 他还说她是个俏皮的婊♥子♥
cos her uncle’s upstairs, and he says she’s a saucy bitch,
知道所有的技巧并且…
knows all the tricks and…
莫斯小姐? – 继续听起来不错
Miss Moss? – Carry on. Sounds like a good one.
嗯…不这么认为
Well… don’t think so.
这不完全是周日的布道, 不是完全
It’s not exactly a Sunday sermon, not entirely.
我能帮忙吗? – 首先, 我需要你的签名, 先生
How can I help? – Firstly, I need your signature, sir.
它是什么?
What is it?
骑摩托车边车的小伙子 在滨海大道上不戴头盔
Lad riding a motorcycle sidecar on the esplanade without a helmet.
违反当地法规 – 你还好吗? 必须要动摇
Contrary to local byelaws. – Are you alright? Must be shaken up.
是的, 回到这里和你在一起真是一种解脱, 帕珀威克警官
Yes, it’s a relief to be back here with you, Constable Papperwick.
哎呀! 这是警♥察♥的好工作
Oi! That’s good police work.
其次, 经过审查 给伊迪丝·斯旺的信,
Secondly, having examined the letters to Edith Swan,
我相信我们可能已经收费了 一个无辜的
I believe we may have charged an innocent.
我一直在看字迹… – 你不参与那个案子
I’ve been looking at the handwriting… – You’re not on that case.
看来确实是 一个不同的人, 先生
It does appear to be a different person, sir.
受过大学教育的鸡泔水
University-educated chicken swill.
哦, 看看“F”上的卷曲, 上的点…
Oh, look at the curl on the ‘F’, the dot on the…
‘我’? – 是的准确地说, 是‘我’
‘I’? – Yeah. Exactly, ‘I’.
或者也可以是“J”小写
Or ‘J’ as well. Lower case.
那么, 有两个选择 – 你的字母表真的来了
So, two options. – Your alphabet’s really coming on.
法官不看手写
Judges don’t go for handwriting.
听从命令 或者整个事情就会崩溃
Follow orders or the whole thing falls apart.
是的, 女警官不会侦探, 亲爱的
Yeah, women officers don’t sleuth, love.
先生
Sir.
你要去哪里?
Where are you off to?
检查情绪健康 受犯罪影响的当地妇女
To check on the emotional wellbeing of local woman affected by crime.
属于我的职权范围, 我相信
Which falls within my purview, I believe.
好吧…希望你不像他们
Well… hope you weren’t like them.
女警官莫斯
Woman Police Officer Moss.
女警官莫斯
Woman Police Officer Moss.
我是女警官莫斯
I’m Woman Police Officer Moss.
整件事都是一场审判
The whole thing’s been a trial.
审判就是这个词 我的力量, 我的良心
Trial is the word. Of my strength, of my conscience.
还有媒体! 这是一阵旋风
And the press! It’s been a whirlwind.
我不想被视为烈士 女警官莫斯
I don’t want to be seen as a martyr, Woman Officer Moss.
哦, 我想你不会被看见 作为一名烈士
Oh, I don’t think you’ll be seen as a martyr.
他们在呼唤我 《正直的天鹅小姐》
They’re calling me “The Upstanding Miss Swan”.
这是直接引用但我知道什么? 你想读吗?
It’s a direct quote. But what do I know? Do you want to read it?
哦, 我没事
Oh, I’m alright.
嗯, 你可以随身携带一份副本 当你走的时候, 因为我们有备件
Well, you can take a copy with you when you go, cos we’ve got spares.
古丁小姐会成功的 现在已经到朴茨茅斯监狱了
Miss Gooding will have made it to Portsmouth Prison by now.
是的, 这个想法困扰着我 – 为什么? 你怀疑是她吗?
Yes, the idea haunts me. – Why? Are you having doubts it’s her?
哦, 但愿如此不
Oh, if only. No.
我只为之困扰 我没有再帮助她我喜欢她
I’m only haunted that I didn’t help her more. I liked her.
唯一的可取之处是, 由于罗斯的性格和行事方式,
The only saving grace is that, owing to Rose’s character and way,
在监狱里, 罗斯可能会发现 一些志同道合的人
in prison Rose may find some kindred spirits.
在朴茨茅斯监狱? – 不, 不, 不是凶手或强♥奸♥犯
In Portsmouth Prison? – No, no, not the murderers or the rapists.
我更多地想的是醉汉 也许还有酷儿
I’m thinking more the drunks and the queers, maybe.
只是想找到光明的一面
Just trying to find a bright side.
斯旺女士, 你呢?
How about you, Mrs Swan?
还有谁能做到这一点? 你怎么认为?
Who else could’ve done this? What do you think?
我觉得怎么样?
What do I think?
没什么
No, nothing.
她只是来看看伊迪丝的情况
She’s just here to check on Edith.
女警♥察♥?
A woman police officer?
哦, 看, 一只会飞的猪!
Oh, look, a flying pig!
哈哈!
Ha-ha!
他在周围闲逛我们刚刚发现 女警♥察♥挺搞笑的
He’s larking around. We just find woman police officers quite funny.
我明白这是一个调整
I understand. It’s an adjustment.
我看到你在学校表现很好, 伊迪丝 – 世界即将走向地狱
I see you did well at school, Edith. – The world’s going to hell.
哦, 不是真的你知道, 这里有一些奖品, 那里有奇怪的女高音独奏
Oh, not really. You know, some prizes here, the odd soprano solo there.
她是现代天才
She was a modern-day genius.
她以前喝茶时说的那些话 她必须是完美的
The things she used to say at tea. She had to be perfect.
这来自于 我猜是十一个兄弟姐妹中最大的一个
And that comes from being the eldest of eleven siblings, I reckon.
现在他们都走了, 但是…
They’ve all gone now, but…
总有一只小鸡留在后面
There’s always one chick stays behind.
我不认为在自然界中 但在我们家里
Not in nature, I don’t think, but in our family.
那么, 你留在学校了吗? 那么十二岁之后呢?
So, did you stay on at school after you were twelve, then?
你对此有何看法, 嗯? – 你的意思是平等选举权吗?
What do you make of this, hmm? – Do you mean equal suffrage?
我的两个儿子还在法国 他们为何而死?
Two of my boys, still in France. What did they die for?
为什么?
Why?
我必须去女子惠斯特球场 – 哦是的介意我加入吗?
I must get to Women’s Whist. – Oh, yes. Mind if I join?
哦!
Oh!
你好, 女孩们
Hello, girls.
这是格拉迪斯 格拉迪斯, 这是凯特和梅布尔
This is Gladys. Gladys, this is Kate and Mabel.
我们在战争期间玩惠斯特, 它让我们所有人继续前进
We played whist through the war, it kept us all going.

Officer.
给你一个猪油约翰 – 哦!
Got you a lardy-john. – Oh!
我读过报纸上的所有内容 恭喜你…你的悲剧发生了
I’ve read everything in the papers. Congratulations… on your tragedy.
谢谢 这是一次考验, 确实如此
Thank you. It’s been a trial, it really has.
你读过所有内容了吗, 梅布尔? – 还没有机会, 亲爱的
Have you read everything, Mabel? – Haven’t had a chance yet, love.
我已经除草了
I’ve been weeding.
我主动提出要穿上她的制♥服♥ 至少我可以为你戴上手铐
I’ve offered to take in her uniform. I could take the cuffs up for you at least.
谢谢, 伊迪, 我没事 – 哦
Thanks, Edie, I’m alright. – Oh.
这是她丈夫的 他也是一名邮递员
It was her husband’s. He was a postman, too.
他在英吉利海峡淹死了, 所以… 她的选择
He drowned in the Channel, so… Her choice.
梅布尔, 这只是一些报纸报道 真的没什么
Mabel, it’s just some newspaper stories. Nothing really.
只是这对我的同情, 看来…还有爱
Just this outpouring of sympathy for me, it seems… and love.
爱的波浪和波浪 这是一次相当令人谦卑的经历
Waves and waves of love. It’s quite a humbling experience.
我认为这只是一种认可 是的, 我经历过地狱,
I think it’s just an acknowledgement that, yes, I’ve been through hell,
但我活了下来 我昂首挺胸
but I’ve survived with my head held high.
我不知道, 这不是我能说的, 但我想是的, 是的
I don’t know, it’s not for me to say, but I think so, yes.
好吧, 至少她在监狱里 – 哦, 等等, 亲爱的, 她有一个女儿
Well, at least she’s behind bars. – Oh, hold on, dear, she’s got a daughter.
嗯, 我们都有女儿, 它不是…
Well, we’ve all got daughters, it’s not…
我是说, 我不, 我有一只鹦鹉, 但她的工作量很大
I mean, I don’t, I’ve got a parakeet, but she’s a lot of work.
我们不确定那是她 真的, 我觉得不像罗斯
We don’t know it was her for sure. Doesn’t strike me as Rose, really.