什么样的人会做出这样的事?
What sort of person does this?
我想我们知道 – 我们不确定, 神父
I think we know. – We don’t know for sure, Father.
有多糟糕? – 和其他人一样糟糕
How bad? – As bad as the others.
但麻烦也有好处, 别忘了
But there are benefits to suffering, don’t forget.
我们崇拜受苦受难的弥赛亚,
We worship a messiah who suffered,
所以, 通过我的痛苦, 我不是离天堂更近了吗?
so, by my suffering, do I not move closer to heaven?
不!
No!
不这么认为
Don’t think so.
哦, 伊迪丝…
Oh, Edith…
请去叫警♥察♥来! 这将是我的死亡!
Go and get the constable, please! This’ll be the death of me!
需要告诉我什么时候去取 酒鬼无论如何我还是要去的
Don’t need to tell me when to go and get the bozzler. I was going anyway.
那个女人会离开这条街 一眨眼的速度!
That woman will be off this street as quick as a wink!
你还好吗? – 我是你是?
You alright? – I am. Are you?
在我的尸体上 你会成为一名清洁工吗?
Over my dead body are you gonna be a cleaner.
操! 该死的牛奶!
Fuck! The feckin’ milk!
哦! 精算师! 南斯, 我以为你能成为一名精算师!
Oh! Actuary! Nance, I thought you could be an actuary!
什么是精算师? – 嗯…没有任何线索
What’s an actuary? – Well… Haven’t a bloody clue.
丰富就是这样 有钱又聪明
Rich is what it is. Rich and clever.
他们可能会给你带来共享笔 现在, 我们不会再回来了, 亲爱的…
And they probably give you a quill. Now, we won’t be back late, love…
事实上, 我们可能会晚一点回来, 因为妈妈很想吃一个大的
Actually, we might be back a wee bit late, because Mammy’s itching for a big one.
哎呀! 那是比尔的! 好女孩不会弹吉他
Oi! That’s Bill’s! Nice girls don’t play guitar.
我不在乎 – 对了, 不…
I don’t care. – Right, no…
你知道我在做什么吗 当我这么喜欢你的时候?
Do you know what I was doing when I was your age?
帮爷爷偷东西?
Helping Grandpa steal?
嗯…是的, 我在帮助他 盗窃老人的房♥屋
Well… yes, I was helping him burgle houses off old people.
但我现在向你保证, 南希·古丁, 你不会做同样的事
But I promise you now, Nancy Gooding, you’ll not be doing the same,
因为你…是女王
because you… are a queen.
如果你不做作业 就像上帝创造了醋栗一样确定,
And if you don’t do your homework, as sure as God made gooseberries,
我把你从一个耳朵切到另一个耳朵
I’ll slit you from ear to ear.
那把吉他却没有发出任何声音!
And not a peep out of that guitar!
那个!
Get off that!
早上
Morning.
请其中之一
One of them, please.
我可以接受您的投诉, 先生 – 其中之一
I can take your complaint, sir. – One of them.
真正的聪明, 斯旺先生
Smart as ever, Mr Swan.
有些价值观可能会在战壕中幸存下来, 警官
Some values might survive the trenches, Constable.
另一封信? – 这是邪恶的虐待, 这!
Another letter? – It’s wicked abuse, this!
伊迪丝没有睡觉 她整夜都灰白的, 祝福她
Edith’s not sleeping. She’s grizzling all the night, bless her.
上♥床♥下床
In and out of bed.
现在, 我知道我的法律了 这是监狱犯罪
Now, I know my law. This is a prison offence.
所以, 你最好做点什么 角状,
So, you better do something about it sharp-like,
在赫尔利伯卢出现之前
before there’s a hurleyberloo.
这就是全部 – 正确的
This is all of them. – Right.
“亲爱的伊迪丝 你这个狡猾的老妓♥女♥”
“Dear Edith. You foxy-ass old whore.”
天哪! – 不, 继续
Holy heavens! – No. Carry on.
别担心我, 警官 我超越了它
Don’t worry about me, Constable. I rise above it.
“你真是个狡猾的老混♥蛋♥
“You really are a tricksy old fucker.
“你可能属于地狱,
“You belong in hell probably,
“而你也是个可悲的臭婊♥子♥”
“and you’re a sad, stinky bitch as well.”
说到底, 我觉得这只是嫉妒
In the end, I think it’s just jealousy.
你打算怎么做? – 我一定会注意到的我一定会注意到的
What are you gonna do about it? – I’ll note it. I’ll surely note it.
你会什么? – 注意它
You’ll what? – Note it.
就像, 把它写在纸上, 在表格上
As in, write it down on some paper there, on a form.
我们有 就在车站的车站
Which we have. In the station yonder.
你会把它写在表格上吗?
You’ll write it down on a form?
表单? – 是的, 好吧…
A form? – Yeah, alright…
伊迪丝, 你确定吗? 罗斯·古丁有罪吗?
Edith, do you feel certain-sure Rose Gooding’s guilty?
是的, 非常大 -呃, 伊迪丝?
Yes, hugely. – Er, Edith?
是的! 我只是说她愿意, 给我涂黄油的假发!
Yes! I just said she does, butter my wig!
这不是我评判任何人的地方 只有一名法官
It’s not my place to judge anyone. There’s only one judge.
——我们都平等地等待审判 – 尤其是那个老妓♥女♥!
We all await judgement equally. – Especially that old strumpet!
呃, 不, 这不是重点… – 嘘! 让男人说话
Well, no, that’s not the point… – Shh! Let the man speak.
谢谢
Thank you.
嗯, 我们在车站… – 好吧, 继续
Well, we at the station… – Alright, carry on.
我们在车站认为 这也是古丁小姐
We at the station think it’s Miss Gooding, too.
但这些钱够法♥院♥传票吗? 她会因为这些而入狱
But is there enough for a court summons? She’ll be away to jail for these.
很容易! 她已经为伊迪丝准备好了
Easily enough! She has it in for Edith.
一个误会
A misunderstanding.
那个女人骂得像鱼一样 她的头发一直都是散乱的
That woman curses like a fish. She’s got straggly hair all the time.
她在安息日流动游♥行♥ 脚光得像鹅蛋一样!
And she marches around on the Sabbath with feet as bare as goose eggs!
但如此… – 对的!
But, even so… – Right!
“女王陛下, 天鹅小姐, 每周至少吸十个鸡♥巴♥”
“Her Majesty, Miss Swan, sucks ten cocks a week minimum.”
“伊迪丝·斯旺拿起《斯旺尼》, 她比圣诞节更喜欢它”
“Edith Swan takes it up the Swanee, and she loves it more than Christmas Day.”
爱德华! – 只有言语, 母亲
Edward! – Only words, Mother.
“你这个狡猾的老妈, 你想要 往鼻子里塞东西了, 你这个大臭婊♥子♥! ”
“You foxy-arse old fucking mare, you want spiking in the nose, you big smelly bitch!”
好吧… – “你♥他♥妈♥的大洋葱! ”
Alright… – “You great big fucking onion!”
好吧, 伙计
Alright, man.
伊迪丝需要赠送过来 在接受我采访时提出这一倡议
Edith would need to come in and personally make the claim in an interview with me.
我知道你会为此奋斗, 伊迪丝, 因为您在该地区的道德疑虑
Which I know you’d struggle with, Edith, cos of your moral misgivings in the area.
我不应该投下第一块石头
I should not cast the first stone.
如果我没有罪的话… -她会做到的!
If I were without sin… – She’ll do it!
伊迪丝, 亲爱的, 如果你行为得体, 据我看来你会的
Edith, love, if you behave right, as I know you will,
你可以成为人们的名人
you could be an example to people.
您可能会在利特尔汉普顿出名 为了你的美德和你的牺牲
You could be known in Littlehampton for your virtue and your sacrifice.
也许吧
Perhaps.
是的, 如果我能对人们有用的话…
Yes, if I could be of use to people…
——但这不是骄傲吗? – 这不是骄傲我恨她!
But is it not prideful? – It’s not prideful. I hate her!
神穿越义人
God travels through the just.
好吧
Alright.
现在我们需要一份声明 你掌握了所有事实
We’ll need a statement, then. All the facts you have.
你现在去哪儿? – 逮捕古丁小姐
Where are you going now? – To arrest Miss Gooding.
别紧张, 丹 我把你放进球里的!
Don’t be nervous, Den. I’ll get you in the ball sack!
现在, 我以前收藏过这个! -你真的有吗?
Now, I have done this before! – Have you actually?
本来就是不同的情况, 明显地
Yes! It was different circumstances, obviously.
怎么样? ——嗯, 下面没有人!
Like how? – Well, there wasn’t a person underneath!
或者土豆, 没什么! 我们走吧!
Or a potato, nothing! Let’s go!
古丁小姐? 你能一起去吗?
Miss Gooding? Can you come with me, please?
你能给我五分钟吗? 我即将在这里创造历史!
Can you give me five minutes? I’m on the verge of making history here!
我不知道你在做什么, yystering 古丁小姐此时在酒吧里,
I don’t know what you’re doing, yoystering in the pub at this hour, Miss Gooding,
但这只是一品脱而不是半品脱
but that’s a pint rather than a half.
现在是你拥有的时候了 给天鹅小姐的这些信!
And it’s time you owned up to these letters to Miss Swan!
你♥他♥妈♥在开玩笑吗?
Are you fucking joking me?
你会感觉像 一个傻瓜老家伙
You’re gonna feel like a right daft old twat.
我为什么要桌子? – 所以你知道…
Why would I be doing that? – So you know…
我们敲了你的房♥子 叫醒你的女孩,
We knocked on your house and woke up your girl,
但梅布尔·阿尔福德现在和她在一起了
but Mabel Alford’s in with her now.
南希? 不要告诉她发生了什么事 存款结
Nancy? Don’t tell her what’s happening, Bill, please.
不, 我当然不会 – 是的, 我必须告诉她
No, course I won’t. – Yeah, I had to tell her.
你对她说什么了? -没什么不好
What did you say to her? – Nothing bad.
只因为我逮捕了她的母亲
Just that I was arresting her mother,
这对家人来说是极大的耻辱 整个以及街道
and it was great shame on the family and the street as a whole.
嘿, 罗斯! 玫瑰!
Hey, Rose! Rose!
只要保证南希无力就可以了 我早上就回来了
Just make sure Nancy’s okay. I’ll be back in the morning.
这他妈就是个笑话!
This is a fucking joke!
检查她, 格拉迪斯 我会, 呃…去告诉斯佩丁
Check her in, Gladys. I’ll, er… go tell Spedding.
姓名? ——罗丝·古丁
Name? – Rose Gooding.
你是夜间清洁工吗?
Are you the night cleaner?
女警官莫斯
Woman Police Officer Moss.
地址? -他妈的!
Address? – Fuck!
我听说过他们
I’ve heard of them.
缝纫界的卧底, 是吗?
Undercover in the sewing circle, is it?
西路67号♥
67, Western Road.
近亲? – 什么算近亲?
Next of kin? – What counts as next of kin?
最亲近的贵族血亲 – 我没有给那个人任何东西
Closest adult blood relative. – I haven’t got anything for that one.
你可以把某人送回家
You can put someone back home.
你连手铐都没有, 是吗?
You don’t even get handcuffs, do you?
其实这个是可以自行斟酌的 我的上品
Actually, that is at the discretion of my superior.
还有你的上等 行授予自♥由♥裁量权
And has your superior exercised his discretion
迄今为止在这种特殊情况下?
hitherto in this particular circumstance?
俺来 -他妈的!
Come with me. – Fuck!