我现在仍是信天翁的大副,
I am the first mate of the Albatross. That’s correct.
你是专业水手?
And are you a professional sailor, son?
我不是专业水手,
No, I’m not a professional sailor.
强风起时,你将船转右?
You say you turned hard to starboard when the gust hit.
我认为应该迎风驶去,
I thought we’d have a better chance if I headed into the wind.
但船长叫你转左
But the captain ordered you hard to port.
两次, 叫过两次,
– Twice. – I’m sorry?
叫过两次! 按训练,你应该避风?
– Twice! – Is that what you were trained to do?
不是
No.
大声点,小伙子 不是,
– Speak up, son. I can’t hear you. – I said, “No.”
船长的原因呢?
And what did you think he was trying to do?
避重就轻,卸去吹来的风
Put her off. To let the blow drive the boat downwind.
而吹来的是暴风,
By the “blow” you’re referring to the force of the storm. Is that right?
船长想卸去船帆所受的风力
Let the blow drive the boat downwind, and neutralize our canvas.
船长下令时
So when the captain gave you an order contrary to your training,
你认为他出错了?
you thought he was making a mistake.
不是,
No.
你却不服从他的命令,为什么?
Then why… son? Why didn’t you follow his order?
因为
Because…
我恐慌,
I panicked.
托德,你故意说错
You know that’s not true, Tod!
你认为他恐慌吗? 他在搞什么鬼?
– Do you believe he panicked? – What the hell is he doing?
请安静
– Quiet, please.
你们也许看不出
Maybe you can’t see what’s happening here, but I can.
托德在维护我
Tod, I appreciate what you’re trying to do here.
感谢你的好意,但我没法接受
Maybe you could live with it, but I couldn’t.
你们以为我会推卸责任
If you think I’m gonna let a 17-year-old take responsibility,
未免太小看我了.
then you underestimate me.
信天翁,
The Albatross was my ship.
海洋学堂都是属我 我对此责无旁贷,
The Ocean Academy was my school. Her responsibility is mine and mine alone.
我没法把儿子交还给你们,
I can’t bring your sons back.
如果交出我的牌照能起到安慰作用…
If you want my ticket, if that will ease your pain,
我就照办,
that’s the least that I can do.
这很容易办得到 希尔顿船长
– This, this is easy. – Captain Sheldon?
船长? 不
– Captain? – No.
– 请遵守秩序 – 审讯还未结束 我有其他的的问题
– Order, please, order.- This proceeding is not over. I have further questions…
– 不 – 这个证人
– No. – for this witness.
遵守秩序!
Order!
船长,别撇下我们
Don’t you walk out on us, Skipper! You don’t!
难道你所教的都是谎言?
You tell me. Was it all just a lie? Was it?
我们听从你,信赖你,所以活着
Because we listened to you, we believed you! And we are still here.
天灾并非你可以避免的,不能怪你
Bad things happen sometimes, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
托德,也不能怪你
It wasn’t you or Tod. It wasn’t you, Tod.
这里的人人都有责任
It was all of us, everyone in this room.
出海,大家明知有风险
Because we all knew the risks we were taking going out there.
你付了学费, 要跟我们走
You paid our tuition, and you told us to go.
遇上不幸,为什么要找借口?
So why do we just have to invent some reason now for why this happened,
责怪一个人,
just pin it on one person?
为什么?
Why?
那么,你应该惭愧.船长 你应该惭愧
Then shame on you, Skipper. Shame on you!
姬先生
Mr. Gieg.
我掌管信天翁号♥:
I was in command of the Albatross.
照顾船上的宝贵生命,
And I was responsible for precious cargo.
有责任尽心尽力 护送你们平安归来
It was my job to get you all home safely with my knowledge and my skill.
那是我的承诺,
That’s the contract that I made with your parents.
但航行中,我失了控
But something happened out there. I lost control.
是短暂失控,还是长♥期♥失控,我不清楚
Maybe just for an instant, maybe all along. I’m not sure.
只知道,风暴突然出现,
But I know this. I never saw it coming.
就像… 冷不防…
It was… like I just woke up…
一只手推我的船下水底
and a hand came down and pushed my sails into the sea.
我控制不到船,
It got away for me, the whole thing.
有人丧命:
And people died.
你们年轻,坚强.
Now… you’re young and strong.
有大好前途,
Everything’s ahead of you.
你说过:进退与共
You told us, “Where we go one, we go all.”
我们相信你
Well, we believed you.
奉行这信条
We lived by it, sir.
现在你却说,我们不能追随你
And, and now you’re saying that where you go, we can’t follow.
姬先生
Mr. Gieg.
信天翁…
The Albatross…
不仅是艘船,不仅是间学堂
wasn’t just a ship… or a school.
也是我们共创的东西
It was something that we made.
是我们精神的表现,
Something that’s inside of us.
船长,你为我们承受过错
That’s who you are, Skipper.
你给了我们 你带着我们
What you gave us. You carried us.
现在我们一起承受这不幸 我们一起承受
Now let us carry this together. Let us carry this together.
算了,我们回家去吧
Let it go. Just go home.
政♥府♥没有吊销他的牌照
They didn’t take his ticket today.
但我相信他也不会再出海了
But I wonder if he’ll ever go to sea again.
我知道一件事 如果他出海,我们会追随左右
I know one thing. If he did, we’d all go with him.
毫不犹豫
To a man. No doubt. Not even a question.
他让我们分挑重担,成为我们的一份子
Today he joined the circle he created by allowing us to share his burden.
那做船长,做父兄
The burden of sea captains and fathers,
做人的重担
the burden of men.
说到头来,一句话
In the end, it just comes down to one thing.
风暴要避避不开
You can’t run from the wind.
调整船帆,奋勇向前
You face the music, you trim your sails, and keep going.
谨此永怀:爱丽丝希尔顿及全体好船友 向着天狼星的方向 驶过这片汪♥洋♥
Chase the dog star over the sea
在信天翁号♥航行的三年中,托德 约翰斯顿等人到了越南, 全部安全返回,1961年春克里斯多佛 希尔顿成为 “第一和平”公♥司♥南美区主管,一生未再婚 远方的故乡有我的心上人把我盼望
Go where my true love is waiting for me
拉紧帆缆挽住南风
Rode the south wind
铺展帆布洒满星光
Canvas the stars
再用月色把帆鼓满 让我的船她能够平安归航
Harness the moonlight so she can safely go
绕过荷恩角,直向瓦尔帕瑞索港
‘Round the Cape Horn to Valpariso
何时能再见那灯塔上微茫的红光 此刻舷头却只有满目青森的海浪
Red the port light Starboard the green
我的爱人啊 愿她永不知晓我所经见的死神的模样!
How will she know of the devils I’ve seen
十字架高高在上
Cross in the sky
失魂海星光倒影
Star of the sea
请保佑我的船她在月光里平安归航
Under the moonlight There she can safely go
绕过荷恩角,直向瓦尔帕瑞索港
‘Round the Cape Horn to Valpariso
瓦尔帕瑞索港
Valpariso
所有的路都注定把我带往海的方向
Though every road I walk will take me down to the sea
所有誓言的碎片都被我背进肩上的行囊
With every breath of promise in my sack
我把所有爱化作船儿载着心头的过往
Every love will always send the ship of my heart
任凭它驶进这场永不停歇的风浪
Over the rolling sea
如果我终有一天死去
If I should die
让碧海成为我长眠的地方
Water’s my grave
我的爱人她如何可知这归宿是地狱还是天堂?
She’ll never know if I’m damned or I’m saved
唯愿那魂魄仍能在海浪间漂荡
See the ghosts fly over the sea
在月光下护佑我的船她平安归航
Under the moonlight there she can safely go
绕过荷恩角,直向瓦尔帕瑞索港
‘Round the Cape Horn to Valpariso
瓦尔帕瑞索港
Valpariso
瓦尔帕瑞索港
Valpariso

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!