你为什么不说 我可以给你张支票
Why didn’t you say something? I could’ve written you a check.
我不需要你的施舍
Because I don’t want your charity.
我活得很好
I’m doing just fine.
你怎么了
What’s the matter with you?
为什么不把这漂亮的花束
Why don’t you take that pretty bouquet
放到水里去
and put it in some water?
好的
Okay.
婚礼参加得开心吗
Did you have a nice time at the wedding?
见鬼
Shit.
我上班时断的电
They turned it out when I was at work,
所以我回家后只能坐在黑暗里
so I had to sit in the dark when I come home.
我很怕黑
I’m afraid of the dark.
我可能忘了告诉你我有多怕黑
Maybe I forgot to tell you how I’m afraid of the dark.
所以我找到了你母亲的电♥话♥
So I called information and got your mother’s number.
真是惊喜
And surprise.
我告诉她我是你…暗地里的朋友
I told her I was a friend of yours… in the dark.
甚至没在电视上看过《热情如火》
Didn’t even get to watch “Some Like It Hot” on TV.
你妈喜欢玛丽莲 但觉得她是被谋杀的
Your mom says she likes Marilyn, but she thinks she was murdered.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你总是对不起
Yeah, you’re always sorry.
那么 你带谁去参加了婚礼
So… who’d you bring to this shindig?
翘屁♥股♥ 高学历的
Some fresh young thing with a tight little ass
年轻姑娘吗
and a college education?
没有
No.
我一定有比她强的地方
Bet you I got one thing up on her.
在这破地她肯定没法和我比 对吧
Bet she can’t hold a candle to me in the fucking department, can she?
别再说了
That’s enough.
我可能是个土包子
I might be a dumb Hoosier,
但有件事我知道该怎么做 对吗 亲爱的
but that’s one thing I know how to do, don’t I, baby?
我会适可而止的
And I’ll say when it’s enough.
没有别的女人
There’s no other woman.
胡扯
Bullshit.
我希望有 可是没有
I wish there was, but there isn’t.
我只想要你 别人根本无法入眼
I can’t look at another woman without wanting you.
那你表现得还远远不够
I’m afraid you’re going to have to do better than that.
-诺拉 我不知道… -你为什么骗我
Nora, I don’t know… – Why did you lie to me?!
我也不知道自己怎么了
I don’t know what’s happening to me.
我从未像渴求你一样渴求过谁
I have never wanted a woman as much as I wanted you,
从未如此 包括我妻子
never, not even my wife.
你最好小心用词
You better be careful with words like that.
这种话如果不是真心的会要人命的
Words like that could kill a person if you don’t mean it.
我是真心的
Well, I mean it.
比起你妻子 你更爱我吗
That you love me more than you do your wife?
我没这样说
I didn’t say that.
我说我更想要你
I said I wanted you more than my wife.
有什么区别
What’s the difference?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我只知道你不在的时候
I only know that when I’m not with you,
我过得一团糟
I’m a total wreck.
和我在一起的时候呢
And when you are with me?
是另一种一团糟
I’m a different kind of total wreck.
为什么骗我
Why did you lie to me?
你参加过犹太婚礼吗
Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding?
最近没有
Not recently.
这事儿可没那么容易
It wouldn’t have been that easy.
我不想我们被盘问
I wanted to save us a cross-examination.
胡扯
Oh, bullshit.
你觉得带我去很丢脸是不是
You were embarrassed to take me there, weren’t you?
不 诺拉 不是的
No Nora, that’s not true.
我要你知道我最讨厌被人欺骗
I want you to know there’s nothing I hate more than being lied to.
还不如打我一顿
I’d rather have a man beat me up.
至少我还有机会自卫
At least then you stand a chance of defending yourself.
我们每次约会
You know, every time we have a date
你准时出现的时候
and you show up on time
我都非常感激 真是有病
I’m so damn grateful, it’s downright sickening.
因为我从没指望你能来
Because I don’t expect you to show up at all.
但你来了
But you do.
每次你来 我都不敢相信
And every time you do, I just can’t believe it.
我真是太开心了 因为
And I’m so damn happy, because…
因为我想你可能会多留一会儿
because I’m thinking maybe you’ll stick around a while.
我很信任你
And I’m believing in you.
因为我们第一次见面时你对我说
Because you told me the first time that I met you
你从不占便宜也从不骗人
that you didn’t gobble and you didn’t lie.
我不管你会不会占便宜
I don’t give a shit if you gobble,
但你绝不能再骗我
but don’t you ever lie to me again.
我会原谅你一次 绝没有第二次
Because I’ll forgive you once, but I won’t forgive you twice.
一切还好吗
Everything all right here?
很好
Yep.
天啊
Oh, jeez.
别提醒我 你是雷
Don’t tell me. You are Ray.
不是
No.
-耐德 -不是
– Ned? – No.
三个字母来着
It has three letters.
麦克斯
Max.
那么 我是谁呢
Well, who am I?
我完全不知道你是谁
I don’t have any idea who you are.
我叫朱迪
Well, I’m Judy.
是诺拉的姐姐
I am Nora’s big sister.
她的姐姐
Her sister?
她去哪儿了
Where is that girl?
她上班去了
She’s at work.
我能进来吗
May I come in?
进来吧
Yeah. Come in.
谢谢 我一点也不意外
Thank you. I’m not surprised
她完全没和你提过我
if she didn’t tell you anything about me.
谁赢了
Who’s winning?
不知道 我睡着了
I don’t know. I fell asleep.
她向来不爱干净
She never was very tidy.
我留下她和罗伯斯夫妇在家
I left her back home with Mr. And Mrs. Robles.
我还记得她看着我走出门的表情
I can still see her face watching me walking up the road.
那天我该带她一起走的
Maybe I should’ve taken her with me that day,
但我不知道怎么办
but I just didn’t know how.
我都不知道自己要去哪儿
I didn’t know where I was going myself.
那时我才十七岁
God, I was only 17.
有个声音告诉我 离开那里
But I heard a voice that told me to pack up and go…
我信了
and I believed it.
她就眼巴巴看着我
And there was that face,
毫无预警就抛下了她
watching me leave her behind with no warning.
但你来了
But here you are.
我在阿尔伯克基都感觉到了
I could feel it in Albuquerque.
美国新墨西哥州大城
我们称之为预感
We call that precognition.
-你相信预感吗 -我没体验过
– Do you believe in precognition? – I’ve never experienced it.
多漂亮的双眼啊
Oh, such beautiful eyes.
不过我能看到其中的痛苦
I can see the pain in them, though.
我想喝一杯 你要吗
I’d like a drink. Do you want a drink?
麦克斯
Max.
别抗拒我
Don’t you resist me.
说实话 我什么都不信
Well, frankly, I’m a nonbeliever.
没关系 那不重要
That’s OK. That don’t matter.
人的生命中有很多强大的力量在运转
Now, there are many strong forces at work in your life.
我想是的
Yeah, I’d say so.
你十分聪明而且
You’re so intelligent and…
充满了想象力
imaginative.
来
Come here.
你对现在的工作并不满意
You’re not satisfied in your work.
你是个老师
You’re a teacher.
曾经是
I was.
你将会重新执教
Well, you’re going to teach again.
你需要更多信念