How you gonna make it to Illinois?
你怎么去伊利诺伊?
Private plane. Don’t worry.
私人飞机 不必担心我
Here, Ma.
妈 这里
Good bye.
再见
Be kind of a break to get rid of me for a while, won’t it?
分开一会,给自己放个假也不错,是吧?
I’ll be around, Cody.
我不会走开的,科迪
I told you, I was just trying to cheer up Verna.
我告诉过你了,我只是想让厄娜开心一点
She’s been lonesome all this time, missing Cody so much.
她这些日子感觉很寂寞,她太想念科迪了
So I went to the market to buy her things for a real spread.
所以我去市场上打算买♥♥点东西,给她弄点好吃的
Thought it’d make her feel better. That so, Verna?
我想可能会让她觉得好受些 是吗,厄娜?
Yet as soon as you returned to the auto court, you left again. Why?
但是你一回到旅馆就又离开了,为什么?
Because we decided to go to a movie instead.
因为我们决定去看电影
What theater? San Val DriveIn.
哪家电影院? 圣瓦尔汽车影院
What picture? Task Force.
什么电影? “特遣队”
Exciting. Verna liked it a lot.
很刺♥激♥ 厄娜非常喜欢
Cody like it? How could he?
科迪喜欢吗? 怎么可能?
I told you, Cody hasn’t been in California for months.
我告诉过你 科迪已经有几个月不在加利福尼亚了
Heh, I suppose he shot me all the way from another state.
那就是说他从另外一个州朝我开了一枪
What makes you think he shot you? Lots of people have guns.
你凭什么认定是他开枪打了你?很多人都有枪
I was as close to him as I am to you.
我和他离那么近 就像现在我和你之间的距离一样
Anybody else see him?
还有谁看见他了?
Just you. And his wife.
只有你 还有他妻子
Of course, being an old woman, I wouldn’t know much about the law…
当然,我年纪大了,不太懂多少法律…
… but I hear you got to have witnesses to make anything stand up in court.
但是我听说你得有目击证人 才能让你在法庭上站得住脚
You see Cody last night, Verna?
厄娜,你昨天晚上看见科迪了吗?
Makes you the only one, Mr. Evans, doesn’t it?
就你一个人看见他了,是吧,埃文斯先生?
Seems to. If Cody’s been out of California for months…
好像是 如果科迪已经 几个月不在加利福尼亚了…
… I suppose he couldn’t possibly have engineered that train robbery six weeks ago.
我想他不太可能策划 六个星期前的那起火车劫案
Mr. Evans, I’m not going to sit here and hear you accuse my boy without proof.
我没时间坐在这儿听你在 没有证据的情况下诬陷我的儿子
Besides, I know my rights. You can’t keep us here.
另外,我知道我的权利 你不能把我们留在这儿
You got nothing on us.
你没有证据证明我们有关
All right, Mrs. Jarrett. That’ll be all now.
好吧,加里特太太,那就这样吧
That’s better. Come on, Verna.
这还差不多 走吧,厄娜
Stop crying. Nobody’s going to hurt you.
别哭了 没有人会伤害你
Mr. Fallon just arrived from the airport.
“法龙先生刚从机场过来”
Send him right in.
马上让他进来
Hello, Phil. How’s the arm?
你好,菲尔 胳膊怎么样了?
I’ll live. Hey, you’re looking good. Yeah? Heh.
我不会死的 嘿,你看起来不错
It’s that prison diet. Great chef in San Quentin.
多亏了监狱里的伙食 圣昆汀监狱的厨师真不错
I hated to leave.
我真不想离开
You did a whale of a job.
你收获真不小
Ah, most talkative little con I ever shared a cell with.
我从来没和那么健谈的 囚犯住过一间屋子
That whole syndicate comes up for trial in a few weeks. Now, what’s that?
过几个星期那个犯罪团伙就要 出庭接受审讯了 -嗯,那是什么?
You put it on a pole, wind a spool of silk thread around it…
你把它装在钓竿上,在它上面绕一卷丝线…
… and you hold the pole over the water.
接着把钓竿固定在水面上
Then you sit under a nice shady tree and relax.
然后你就可以悠闲的坐在树荫下等着
After a while, a hungry fish comes along, takes a nip at your hook and you’ve got dinner.
过不了一会儿,一条饥饿的鱼就会游过来,咬住你的钩,你的晚饭就不用愁了
For the next two weeks, I’m not gonna think about anything…
接下来的两个星期里,我什么事情都不会去想…
… except the eternal struggle between man and fish.
除了我和鱼之间永不停息的斗争
I’ve been promised a vacation. You remember?
你记不记得,我已将被批准去度假了?
Sorry, Hank, that’s out.
对不起,汉克,没戏了
Phil, look at me. College degree, lovable personality…
菲尔,看看我 我有大学文凭,性格可爱..
… and I spend most of my time in prison.
然而我大部分时间都呆在监狱里
An undercover specialist. Eight sentences in five years.
一个卧底专家 五年里被判刑八次
Dannemora, Sing Sing, Leavenworth.
丹内马拉,星星,莱文沃思监狱…
I joined the department to put criminals behind bars…
我加入警♥察♥局是为了把罪犯绳之以法…
… and here I am, stir-crazy.
再看看我现在,被关到要发疯
Read this.
你看看这个
Who checks confessions in Springfield?
谁承认作了春田的案子?
Every rookie knows Scratch Morton went underground after that hotel job.
甚至连新手都知道斯科拉起·莫顿 在干了旅馆那件案子后就消失了
You’re not gonna let Jarrett get away with a two-bit prison stretch?
你不会让加利特坐这么点时间监狱就算了吧?
Maybe. Maybe?
有可能? 有可能?
A hoodlum turns himself in on a phony rap
一个恶棍承认自己干了一件小案子…
and beats the gas chamber, heh.
来逃脱毒气室
I’ll bet he’s thumbing his nose at Uncle Sam right now and loving it.
我敢打赌他现在一定在对着山姆大叔做鬼脸,而且喜欢上它了
Jarrett outsmarted you.
加利特比你聪明
That’s just what we want him to think. We’re working with the Springfield police.
那只不过是我们故意的 我们正在和春田警♥察♥局合作
We arranged for the confession to check. So, what happens?
我们安排他们接受供认 那么,接下来会发生什么?
Jarrett does a stretch in the penitentiary.
加里特确实要在监狱里呆上一段时间了
In case he get lonely and wants to talk to someone…
万一他感到孤独,想和谁说说话…
… we’re gonna let one of our boys do a stretch right in the same cell.
我们会安排一个自己人去和他住同一个监号♥
Still going fishing, Hank?
还打算去钓鱼吗,汉克?
Yeah. – In what prison?
好吧 哪家监狱?
You’ll enjoy the food. Wonderful chef.
你会喜欢那儿的伙食的 非常棒的厨师
Arrested him myself. Okay, okay, what’s the pitch?
我要亲自逮住他 好吧,怎么搞?
You’ll be committed to the penitentiary in Illinois.
你会被判决进伊利诺伊的那所监狱
You’ll be one of Jarrett’s cellmates.
你会成为加利特的一个监友
Stick with him until you find out…
贴着他直到你发现…
… where he unloaded $300,000 in federal currency
他把那三十万美元的联邦现钞藏到哪儿了…
without a single bill showing up.
连一张钞票都没出现过
Also, try to learn the identity of the very special fence…
另外,想办法知道那个接赃人的身份…
… that engineered this deal.
那个策划交易的人
How does he operate?
他怎么做的?
Buys stolen money here, 30, 40 cents on the dollar.
在这儿买♥♥偷来的钱,大概三、四十美分一美元
Peddles it on the European black market for, pfft, who knows how much.
再到欧洲黑市上卖♥♥给知道价钱的人
No questions asked. Sweet racket.
没问题了 享受去吧
In step with the times.
跟上时代步伐了
Well, that’s your assignment.
这是你的任务
I wouldn’t ask you to do another undercover job
如果我们没有打算对付他的话…
if we weren’t up against it.
我就不会再让你做卧底工作了
Hello, Hank. Hi. Prison records from Illinois. Your new buddies.
你好,汉克 伊利诺伊来的监狱记录 你的新朋友
FALLON: Busy little place, isn’t it? Twenty-seven hundred of the roughest and toughest.
挺挤的小地方,是吧?两千七百多难缠的恶棍
And a few who might recognize you. Let’s go to work.
有些人可能会认识你 开始干活吧
Find another old client? Yeah. Red Draper.
又发现一个你的老客户? 对 莱德·德雷帕
Questioned him in ’46 about a warehouse job.
46年提审过他关于一间仓库的案子
Well, that makes two for transfer. – Better run through the arrest once more. – Oh, yeah. let’s see.
这样的话有两个人要转监狱了 你最好再过一遍你被捕的细节
I’ll be picked up in a joint known as Tom’s Hideaway.
我会在一个叫做汤姆地下舞厅的破地方被抓住
Bill’s Hideaway. Bill’s Hideaway.
比尔地下舞厅
On what seems like an ordinary hood roundup.
在一次看上去很普通的围剿行动中
One of the boys spots me as a lamister. I make a break for it.
我是一个有案底的逃犯 我越狱逃了
When I pick myself off the floor, I’m meek as a baby.
当我从地板上站起来的时候,听话得像个小孩
How do I get information out to you? Visiting days.
我怎么把消息传递给你 探监的日子
This time is my wife.
这次是妻子
One thing, though. This time, get me somebody with a good memory.
有件事我得提醒你 这次,找个记性好的人
I had a lot of trouble with my mother in San Quentin.
在圣昆汀的时候我都被我“妈妈”折腾死了
This time we’ll get you a girl in the bureau who’s a memory expert.
这次我们会给你在局里找一个女孩,是个记忆专家
I’m partial to blonds.
我偏爱金发碧眼的妞
Well, who isn’t? As soon as I pick her, I’ll send you a picture.
哈,好的?一旦我找到她,我会给你发张照片
Bo Creel. Arrested him two years ago.
波·克里尔 两年前我逮捕的他
Bo Creel. Wait a minute. – We don’t have to worry about him. – Huh?
等等 不用担心
Finishes his stretch Saturday. He’ll be out before you’re sentenced.
星期六他的刑期就到了 你进去的时候他已经出来了
Good. Bo Creel would know me in the dark.
太好了 把我烧成灰波·克里尔也能认出我来
This job isn’t gonna be like any of the others, Hank.
汉克,这次可不像以前
You see, uh, there’s insanity in the Jarretts.
你知道,加里特家族有精神错乱的问题
Some of it rubbed off on Cody. His father died in an institution.
有一些遗传到了科迪身上 他父亲死在精神病院
I’ve had a few strange cellmates in my time,
我也碰到过一些奇怪的监友…
but this sounds like the jackpot.
不过这次看起来我中大奖了
When he was a kid, he used to fake headaches…
他小的时候,常常假装头疼…
… to get his mother’s attention away from the rest of the family. It worked.
以此吸引的他母亲的注意力 很奏效
As he grew up, the fancied headaches became real…
长大以后,假装的头疼变成了真的…
… until now they tear him to pieces.
到了现在都快要他的命了
Any minute, he’s apt to crack open at the seams…
搞不准什么时候,他就会“啪”的一下裂开
… and there goes our case. So you’ll be working against time.
这时候我们的机会就来了 所以你得抓紧时间
Suits me. Quicker the better.
符合我的一贯作风 越快越好
Except that Cody’s not an easy guy to get close to in a hurry.
只是科迪不是那么快容易接近的
The only person he’s ever cared about or trusted is his mother.
他唯一关心和信任的人是他母亲
No one else has ever made a dent, not even his wife.
其他没有人能引起他注意,甚至他老婆
His mother’s been the prop that’s held him up.
他母亲已经成了他的精神支柱
He’s got a fierce psychopathic devotion for her.
他对她有强烈的精神依恋
All his life, whenever he got in a spot,
他这一辈子,无论到了什么地步…