Everybody remember, Lincoln Center and its ilk
将通过这些比赛
use these competitions
决定他们要谁或是不要谁
to decide who they’re interested in and who they’re not.
我绝不允许我在业界的名声
I’m not gonna have my reputation in that department tarnished
被一群阳痿早泄比女朋友还脆弱
by a bunch of limp-dick sour-note, flatter-than-their-girlfriends
找不着调的蠢货玷污 明白吗
flexible-tempo dipshits. Got it?
还有一件事 尤金 给我那个
One more thing. Eugene, Give me that.
如果我再看见有谁乱扔谱子
If I ever find one of these lying around again,
我对天发誓 我绝不会再这么客气
I swear to fucking God, I will stop being so polite.
立刻滚蛋 不然我就把你剁了
Get the fuck out of my sight before I demolish you.
准备上台 排好队 马上
Stage right, in order, now.
我还是能看见你 小矬子
I can still fucking see you, Mini-Me!
快点 赶紧 快点
Let’s go. Hurry the fuck up. Let’s go.
谢弗音乐学院录音室乐队
The Shaffer Conservatory Studio Band.
第二场之前拿好谱子
Hold on to this for the second set.
他有点笨但并不蠢
He’s dumb but he’s not stupid.
就算再笨 他也想要一份事业
At the end of the day, he wants a career, as dumb as he is.
只要弗莱彻还在
As long as Fletcher is here,
鸡蛋头就永远别想回来
Fudd never has a chance of getting put back in the band,
他又何必冒险呢
so why would he jeopardize that?
-我得看下谱子 -就在这
– I need to look at the music. – It’s right here.
-你为什么没拿着 -谱子呢
– Why isn’t it on you? – Where’s the folder?
-你开玩笑吧 -不…
– You’re joking. You’re fucking around? – No…
我发誓两秒前它还在的
I swear I just had it here two seconds ago.
肯定就在附近
It’s gotta be around here.
-你看没看见… -你怎么这么蠢
– Did you see…? – How could you be so stupid?
也许刚刚有清洁工过去
I know. Maybe a janitor came by or something.
-清洁工 -是啊
– A janitor? – Yeah.
立刻找到谱子 去他妈的清洁工
Find the fucking folder! A fucking janitor?
你个蠢货 蠢货
You’re a dumb fuck! A dumb fuck!
-找到谱子 -好的 对不起
– Find the folder! – Okay, I’m sorry.
坦纳
Tanner!
我的老天爷 你去哪儿了
Jesus fucking Christ, where have you been?
-我们出了点事 -现在可不是时候
– Uh, we have an issue. – Okay, now is not the time.
我把谱子给了尼曼 他弄丢了
I gave Neiman the folder and Neiman lost it.
-尼曼弄丢了 -是的
– Neiman lost it. – Yes, sir.
看好谱子是你的责任 坦纳
The folder was fucking your responsibility, Tanner.
你为什么要给尼曼 对吧
Why would you give it to Neiman? Right?
把计算器给弱智 他会拿去开电视
Give a calculator to a retard, he’s gonna turn on a TV with it.
-拿好鼓槌 滚上台去 -我不行
– Get your sticks, get your ass on-stage. – I… I can’t.
你不行
You can’t?
我不能上台 我不记得谱子
I… I can’t go on-stage. I don’t know the charts by heart.
-你♥他♥妈♥逗我呢 -我…你知道我的
– Are you fucking kidding me? – I… You know this.
我需要谱子
I need the music.
那是我的记忆 我需要视觉提示
It’s my memory, I need visual cues.
-视觉提示 -对 这是种病理现象
– Visual cues. – Yes. It’s a medical condition.
病理现象 你是桑贾伊·古普塔医生吗
A medical condition? What, are you Sanjay Gupta?
快去表演
Play the goddamn music.
-我不行 -我可以
– I can’t. – I can.
-你记得谱子吗 -是的 每个小节
– You know “Whiplash” by heart? – Yes, sir. Every measure.
很好
All right.
你最好希望自己的记忆不会出错
Well, you better fucking hope your memory doesn’t fail you.
而且你最好比上个月排练时进步得多
And I hope you play it a lot better than you did last month’s rehearsal.
因为我现在还没准备认输
because I do not intend to start losing now.
拿好鼓槌滚上台去 上台了
Get your sticks and get your ass on-stage. On-stage!
第一名
And in first place,
谢弗音乐学院
Shaffer Conservatory.
可别碰我的谱子啊
Hey. Don’t fucking touch my folder, man.
别碰这套鼓
Do not touch this kit.
好了 开工 女士们
All right, let’s get to work, ladies.
坦纳 你来干什么 今天只有主力乐手
Tanner, what you doing? It’s core only.
我没时间给替补
I don’t have time for alternates.
《切诺基》 从头开始
“Cherokee.” From the top.
坦纳 你♥他♥妈♥是雕塑吗
Tanner, are you a fucking statue?
快点 从凳子上起开
Let’s go. Get off the stool.
别忘了帮尼曼翻谱子 准备开始
Don’t forget to turn Neiman’s pages. Here we go.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four. Two,
二 二 三 四
two, three, four.
妮可 回来后回电
我去找你
你的手怎么了
What did you do to your hand?
-打鼓弄的 -嗯 没事
– Is that from drumming? – Yeah. It’s nothing.
录音室乐队怎么样了
So how’s it going with the Studio Band?
不错
Good.
我觉得他更喜欢我了
Yeah, I think he likes me more now.
他的意见对你很重要 是吗
And his opinion means a lot to you, doesn’t it?
是的
Yeah.
帮忙拿下搅拌机
Wanna grab the shakers?
吉宝 火大了
Jimbo? Overcooked.
都快咬不动了
You can barely chew this.
-他就会笑 -鼓打得怎么样 安迪
– He just laughs. – So how’s the drumming going, Andy?
不错 我是新的主力鼓手 所以…
Yeah, it’s going really well. I’m the new core drummer, so…
恭喜
Congratulations.
汤姆·布雷迪啊[球星]
Tom Brady.
-听说了吗 吉姆 -没有 怎么了
– Did you hear, Jim? – No, what happened?
特维被提名今年的最有价值球员
Trav got named this year’s MVP.
不错啊 特维斯
That’s fantastic, Travis.
是的 达斯丁进了模拟联♥合♥国♥
Yeah, and Dustin is heading up Model UN,
很快就能拿罗氏奖学金或者别的什么了
soon to be Rhodes Scholar and who knows what else.
而吉姆被评为年度教师
And Jim, teacher of the year.
好吧 其实…
Well, hey, listen…
桌边坐的全是天才 真不可思议
I mean, come on. The talent at this table, that is stunning.
-还有安迪 会打鼓 -怎么样 安迪
– And Andy, with your drumming. – It’s going okay, Andy?
还不错 一切都非常非常顺利
Yeah, it’s going really, really well, actually.
我进了谢弗最顶尖的爵士乐团
I’m part of Shaffer’s top jazz orchestra,
也就是全国最好的
which means it’s the best in the country.
而且我是主力成员了
And I’m a core member
开始参加比赛 我还…
so I’ll start playing in competitions. Actually I just…
我还发现我是乐队里最年轻的
I found out I’m the youngest person in the entire band.
音乐比赛要怎么评判呢
How do you know who wins in a music competition?
不是很主观吗
Isn’t it subjective?
-不 -录音室给你工作了吗
– No. – Does the studio get you a job?
它其实不是录音室
It’s not an actual studio.
那只是乐团的名字
It’s the name of the ensemble,
但这是我职业生涯中的一大步
but it’s a big step forward in my career.
很高兴你做到了 我知道这行水很深
I’m so glad you figured it out. It’s a nasty business, I am sure.
你想不想谈谈这周的球赛
Hey, are you gonna tell them about your game this week?
看看你是不是名副其实
Living up to your title.
我打了个93码远的触底得分
I scored a 93-yard touchdown.
新的校记录 新的校记录
School record, school record.
-真的吗 太棒了 -对手是丙级的
– Is that true? That’s fantastic. – It’s Division Three.
卡尔顿橄榄球队
It’s Carlton football.
连乙级都不是 是丙级的
It’s not even Division Two, it’s Division Three.
-你有朋友吗 安迪 -没有
– You got any friends, Andy? – No.
为什么
Oh, why is that?
不知道 我觉得朋友没什么用
I don’t know. I never saw the use.
那你都跟谁一起玩
Who are you gonna play with otherwise?
列侬和麦卡尼就是学生时代的好友 对吧
Lennon and McCartney they were school buddies, am I right?
查理·帕克就没有朋友
Charlie Parker didn’t know anybody
直到乔·琼斯把镲片砸到他头上
till Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head.
你觉得这就算成功吗
So that’s your idea of success?
我觉得成为20世纪最伟大的音乐家
I think being the greatest musician of the 20th century
对任何人来说都应该算成功
is anybody’s idea of success.
34岁就因酗酒吸毒而身无分文地死去
Dying broke and drunk and full of heroin at the age of 34
我可不觉得那算是成功
is not my idea of success.
我宁愿34岁就身无分文酗酒而死
I’d rather die drunk, broke at 34
但能成为别人在饭桌上的谈资
and have people at dinner table talk about me,
也不要健康富有地活到90岁
than live to be rich and sober at 90
却没人能记住我
and nobody remember who I was.
但你的朋友会记住你 这才是重点
But your friends will remember you, that’s the point.
我们都不是查理·帕克的朋友吧 这才是重点
None of us were friends with Charlie Parker. That’s the point.
你看特维斯和达斯丁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!