一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
一 二 三…
One, two, three…
告诉我 我是抢拍还是拖拍了
Now, was I rushing or was I dragging?
-不知道 -重新数
– I don’t know. – Count again.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
-一 二 三 四 -抢还是拖
– One, two, three, four. – Rushing or dragging?
-抢 -你明明知道区别
– Rushing. – So you do know the difference.
如果你故意在我的乐队里捣乱
If you deliberately sabotage my band,
我一定操♥死♥你
I will fuck you like a pig.
现在 你是要抢拍
Now, are you a rusher,
还是拖拍
or are you a dragger,
还是他妈按我的节拍来
or are you gonna be on my fucking time?
按你的节拍
I’m gonna be on your time.
-这上写的什么 -每分钟215拍
– What does that say? – “Quarter note equals 215.”
-数给我看 -一 二 三 四
– Count me a 215. – One, two, three, four.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
我的老天爷
Jesus fucking Christ.
我不知道谢弗居然还招弱智
I didn’t know they allowed retards into Shaffer.
你不是连拍子都不会读吧
Am I to understand that you cannot read tempo?
-你♥他♥妈♥识谱吗 这是什么 -八分音符
– Can you even read fucking music? What’s that? – Eighth note.
-对 这个呢 -附点十六分音符
– Yes. What is that? – Dotted 16th note.
视唱101小节
Sight-read measure 101.
什么东西 你♥他♥妈♥是清唱团的吗
What, are you in a fucking a cappella group?
给我打鼓
Play the goddamn kit.
停 现在回答我
Stop. Now answer my question.
你是抢拍还是拖拍了
Were you rushing or were you dragging?
-回答 -抢了
– Answer! – Rushing.
我的天啊
Oh, my dear God.
你不会也是个爱哭鬼吧
Are you one of those single-tear people?
看到我就像看到双层彩虹了吗
Do I look like a double fucking rainbow to you?
你一定很难过吧
You must be upset.
-你难过吗 -不
– Are you upset? – No
不吗 你一点都不在乎是吗
No? So you just don’t give a shit about this?
-我在乎 -那你难过吗 难不难过
– I do give a shit. – So are you upset? Yes or fucking no?
是的 你很难过
Yes, you are upset.
是的
Yeah.
-说出来 -我很难过
– Say it. – I’m upset.
让整个乐队都听见
Say it so the whole band can hear you.
-我很难过 -大声点
– I’m upset. – Louder.
-我很难过 -大声点
– I’m upset. – Louder!
我很难过
I’m upset.
你是个一无是处众叛亲离智商低下的废物
You are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped littile piece of shit,
这个废物的妈甩了他爸
whose Mommy left Daddy
因为她发现他成不了尤金·奥尼尔[作家]
when she figured out he wasn’t Eugene O’Neill,
这个废物现在正趴在我的鼓上抽抽搭搭
and who’s now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set
就像个九岁的小姑娘
like a fucking 9-year-old girl.
所以我要你♥他♥妈♥最后一次 大声说
So for the final father-fucking time, say it louder!
我很难过
I’m upset!
卡尔
Carl.
开始刻苦练习吧 尼曼
Start practicing harder, Neiman.
《爆裂》 125小节
“Whiplash,” Bar 125.
大男孩节奏
Big-boy tempo.
五 六
Five, six, and…
没本事就会沦落到玩摇滚
《巴迪·里奇: 鼓手之路》
这地方不错
This place is nice.
是的 我喜欢他们放的音乐
Yeah. I really like the music that they play.
食物也不错 但是…
I mean, the food’s good too, but…
对 披萨很好吃
No, the pizza’s really good.
《当我醒来》
“When I Wake.”
-什么 -这首曲子的名字
– What? – That’s the name of the song.
杰姬·希尔 1938年7月17日
Jackie Hill, July 17th, 1938.
鼓手是鲍勃·埃利斯
Bob Ellis on the drums.
我每次在电影院看到你的时候
You know, every time I saw you at the theater,
你都盯着地板看
your eyes were glued to the floor.
真的吗
Really?
我爸说我不太会用眼神交流
My dad says that I have… I have trouble making eye contact.
我爸妈也喜欢挑我毛病
My parents like to criticize me too.
我妈曾经说我下巴太大
When I was growing up, my mom said I had a really big chin,
所以男孩子看不上我
that’s why guys wouldn’t like me.
-真的吗 -真的
– Really? – Yeah.
才没有
You don’t.
她说是我爸咒的
Well, she said my dad cursed me with one.
就像杰·雷诺一样 看
It’s like Jay Leno. Look.
-才没有 -有的
– No, it’s not. – Yeah, it is.
-我完全不觉得 -你真好
– I don’t… I don’t think so at all. – Well, that’s nice.
你的下巴很好看 非常好看
Your chin’s very nice. Very nice.
你妈妈一定是疯了
Your mom sounds insane.
她在我这个年纪 确实是梦想当演员来着
Well, she did wanna be an actress when she was my age.
-那你呢 -我怎么了
– What about you? – What about me?
你在做什么
What do you do?
我在福德姆上学
I go to Fordham.
你学什么的
What do you study?
我还没选专业呢
I don’t have a major yet.
-那你想学什么 -我不知道
– But, like, what do you want to study? – I don’t really know.
还没想好
I don’t know yet.
所以你就随便选了福德姆吗
So Fordham was just like a random school?
不 我申请了好多所 福德姆录取了我
No, I applied to a bunch of schools, Fordham let me in.
你为什么选谢弗
Why’d you pick Shaffer?
那是全国最好的音乐学院
It’s the best music school in the country.
福德姆就是福德姆吧
Well, Fordham was Fordham.
说实话 我并不喜欢那里
I don’t love it there, to be honest.
-不吗 -不
– No? – No.
我…
I…
我也不知道 我不太喜欢那里的人
I don’t know. I guess it’s just the people.
我不知道他们喜不喜欢我
I don’t know if they like me very much.
我来自亚利桑那州 他们应该能看出来
I’m from Arizona, and I think they can see it.
-我对谢弗的人也有同感 -是吗
– I feel the same about people at Shaffer. – Yeah?
是的 我觉得他们不怎么喜欢我
Yeah. I don’t think they like me too much.
但是 我…我…
But I don’t… I don’t…
我不在乎 我想一切都会变的
I don’t care too much. I think it just… It changes.
人们会改变 事情总会好的
You know, people change and things work out.
不 不 我懂 我懂
No, no, I know, I know.
只是…
I just…
我有时候特别想家
I feel really homesick sometimes.
我说不好
I don’t know.
我讨厌大家都装出一副不想家的样子
It kind of pisses me off when people pretend like they’re not.
大学里都那样
In college, you know?
或许我真的是惟一想家的人 我不知道
Maybe I’m literally the only one, I don’t know.
我还和我爸去看电影呢
I still go to the movies with my dad.
欧文布鲁克爵士乐大赛
-最近怎么样 -很高兴见到你
– Hey. How are you, man? – Good to see you.
天啊 这真是艾娃吗
And please, is this really Eva? Wow.
上次见面时你还是个小不点呢
Last time I saw you, you were very tiny.
你学乐器了吗
Are you playing an instrument yet?
她上周开始学钢琴了
She started piano last week.
等你上了大学 愿意来我的乐队演奏吗
When you’re a big college kid, will you come play in my band?
愿意吗 做我的钢琴师
Would you like that? Be my piano player?
太好了 击个掌宝贝
Excellent. Give me five, baby.
-很高兴见到你们 -很高兴见到你
– All right. Thanks. Great to see you. – Great seeing you.
-演出结束后见 -当然
– See you after the show. – Absolutely.
好的 再见
All right. Cheers.
听好了 小崽子们
Listen up, Cocksuckers.
动作快点 拿起乐谱
Hurry the fuck up. Get your music.
第一场《艾琳》 节奏组先出
“Lrene” Only. Set one. Rhythm section out first.
坦纳 这里的鼓简直惨不忍♥睹
Tanner, the kit is a fucking tonal catastrophe.
把调子校准 好吗
Get it in tune, all right?
45小节的节奏和主音
Rhythm and soloists, bar 45.
记得跟上节拍好吗
We’re gonna pick up the tempo, all right?
106小节 铜管 九度音记得升调
Bar 106, brass, do not forget we sharp that ninth.
大家记住 林肯中心这类地方