“I’ve got to pack more fresh fruit in Bee’s lunch.”
我能够感觉到这种没道理的焦虑
And I can feel this irrational anxiety
耗光了我的能量
draining my store of energy
就像一辆电动赛车
like a battery-operated race car
在角落里打转
grinding away in the corner.
洗碗消耗一点 买♥♥菜消耗一点
There go the dishes. There goes the grocery store.
运动消耗一点
There goes exercise.
维持人类基本的礼貌消耗一点
There goes basic human kindness.
所以根据你的描述
So from what you’re saying,
她故意制♥造♥了状况
she willfully created an environment
毁掉了邻居的家
which destroyed a neighbor’s home.
囤积处方药
She’s hoarding prescription medicine.
开车碾了学校的一个家长
She ran over a mother at school,
然后在这个女人的房♥子外面竖了一块标牌
and then had a billboard erected outside
就是为了嘲弄她
this woman’s home to taunt her?
听起来她可能患有
It seems she may be suffering from
极度焦虑 夸大
extreme anxiety, grandiosity,
如果囤积处方药
and if hoarding prescription medication
和我所想的一样…
means what I think it means…
她可能有自杀的想法
she may well be having suicidal thoughts.
所以你怎么想
So what do you say?
不幸的命运降临在了
‘Tis a piteous fate to have befallen
麦克阿瑟天才身上 你说对吧
a MacArthur genius, wouldn’t you say?
你说完了
You done?
嗯
Yeah.
很好 因为我知道
Yeah, good, ’cause I know
这些鬼话你肯定一句都不信
you can’t honestly believe any of this nonsense.
尽管有趣 但是它掩盖掉了更重要的一点
As amusing as it is, it obscures the larger point
像你这样的人 一定要去创造
which is that people like you must create.
这就是你降生的意义 伯纳黛特
That’s what you were brought into this world to do, Bernadette.
如果不去创造 你就会祸害社会
If you don’t, you become a menace to society.
我觉得 一个非常简单的答案
I think there’s one very simple answer
能够解决你所有的问题
to all of your problems.
滚回去工作
Get your ass back to work
去创造
and create something.
按照最接近的划分成不同区域处理
So let’s just divide and conquer with approximate nearest neighbors
然后限制在附近的匹配项上
and restrict it to nearby matches.
这能降低百分之九十的
It’s gonna minimize about 90 percent
计算时间 应该是
of the computation time, I think.
太优美了 兄弟
That’s super elegant, man.
帕布罗 你们快结束了吗
Pablo, are you almost done?
对
Yeah.
-谢了 埃尔吉 -小事
– Thanks, Elgie. – Okay.
埃尔吉 这位是联调局的斯特朗探员
Elgie, this is Agent Strang with the FBI.
-你好 -你好
– Hi. – Hey.
-你好 布兰奇先生 -你好
– Hello, Mr. Branch. – Hi.
我是网络犯罪投诉中心的地区主任
I’m the regional director of the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
简称IC3
IC3.
与国土安♥全♥局♥联合进行调查
Working in partnership with the Department of Homeland Security.
请坐吧
Let’s have a seat.
谢谢
Thank you.
布兰奇先生 你引起了我们的注意
Mr. Branch, you’ve come to our attention.
是吗
I have?
是的 因为你信♥用♥卡♥的消费
Yep. Because of a charge on your credit card.
这是我的信♥用♥卡♥账单吗
This is my credit card bill?
多笔消费都指向一个公♥司♥
These are charges to a company called
德里国际虚拟助理
Delhi Virtual Assistants International.
我看到了 可真不少
I see. Yes, I can see.
这家公♥司♥根本不存在
That company does not exist.
它是俄♥罗♥斯♥一个犯罪团体的幌子
It’s a front for a crime syndicate working out of Russia.
真的吗
Really?
我们过去的六个月
We’ve spent the last six months
一直在调查他们
building a case against them.
我们获得了授权令
We were granted a warrant
允许我们查看你妻子伯纳黛特·福克斯
which allowed us to access emails between your wife,
和一个叫曼祖拉的人的
Bernadette Fox,
邮件往来
and one Manjula.
曼祖拉这个人不存在
There is no Manjula.
此事事态微妙且紧急
This matter is delicate and urgent.
埃尔吉 我们得给库尔茨医生打个电♥话♥
Elgie, we have to call Dr. Kurtz.
? 大象 大象 ?
? Elephant, elephant ?
? 告诉我你爱谁 ?
? Tell me, who do you love? ?
? 你知道的 ?
? Oh, you know ?
? 我爱我妈妈 ?
? It’s my mama that I love ?
不久之前 科学家发射出了不可见的宇宙射线
Not too long ago, scientists sent these invisible cosmic rays
穿透古萨大金字塔
through the Great Pyramid of Giza
探究它内部的组成
to see what was inside,
他们发现了之前从未得知的
and they found this big empty space
巨大的空旷空间
they never even knew about.
他们不知道是怎么建成的
They don’t know how it was made
或是为什么存在这个内腔
or even why this inner chamber exists,
即使金字塔已经屹立了
even though the pyramids have been there
超过四千年
for over 4,000 years.
只能使用”我觉得”这种表达方式
Only use “I feel” statements.
不能让她感觉被人评头论足
We don’t want her to feel judged.
我不知道能不能做到
I don’t know if I can do this.
我知道这可能让你觉得不自在
I know this can feel uncomfortable…
但是我们的目标是一样的
but we all share the same goal,
就是要帮助伯纳黛特
which is to help Bernadette.
对
Right.
对
Right.
而她的确需要帮助
And she does need help.
当然
Absolutely.
你要取消今天的预约吗
You’re canceling your appointment today?
对 是的
Yep, that’s right.
是要取消
It’s a cancellation.
这都到最后一刻了
This is very last minute.
抱歉 但是
I’m sorry. But, look…
我的智齿已经等了这么久了
My wisdom teeth have waited this long,
它们可以再等一个月
they can wait another month.
-你想要重新预约吗 -不 不了
– Would you like to reschedule? – No, no.
我们一月旅行回来之后再预约
I’ll reschedule when we get back from our trip in January.
-好的 谢谢 福克斯女士 -谢谢
– Okay, thank you, Miss Fox. – Okay, thank you.
我记得看过你的TED演讲
I knew I recognized you from that TED Talk.
我的孩子都很喜欢
My kids love that.
埃尔吉 这是怎么回事
Elgie, w-what’s going on?
碧出事了吗
Is it Bee?
我在学校才见过她
I just saw her at school.
不 碧没事
No. Bee is fine.
牙医看得怎么样
How was the dentist?
我没去 不好意思 这些是什么人
I, I didn’t go. Sorry, who are these people?
伯纳黛特 我是詹妮尔·库尔茨医生
Bernadette, I’m Dr. Janelle Kurtz.
不如我们都坐下吧
Why don’t we all sit down?
怎么了 埃尔吉
Why? Elgie?
可以开始了吗 医生
Shall we begin, Doctor?
开始什么 我不喜欢这样
Begin what? I don’t like this.
伯纳黛特 坐吧 这样我们就能…
Bernadette, have a seat, so we can…
我们想向你展示你自己的真实状况
We’d like to present to you the reality of your situation.
埃尔吉
Elgie?
不管这是什么 我们能单独谈谈吗
Whatever this is, can we talk about it privately?
我什么都知道 伯纳黛特 他们也一样
I know everything, Bernadette, and so do they.
好吧 如果这是因为看牙医的事情
Okay, look, if this is about the dentist,
如果他告诉…
if he told…
我把预约取消了
I canceled the appointment.
我会去南极的
I’m going to Antarctica.
我很期待 看见了吗
I’m looking forward to it. See?
伯纳黛特 没有曼祖拉这个人
Bernadette, there is no Manjula.
曼祖拉 曼…
Manjula? M…
斯特朗探员 请你
Agent Strang, could you…
探员
Agent?
你好 联调局探员