-可调扳手给我好吗 -好
– Do you have the crescent? – Yep.
-给你 -谢谢
– There you go. – Thank you.
福克斯 过来
Fox, come here.
我上网搜了你 你为什么来这里
I googled you. So why are you here?
我想努力不再祸害社会
I am trying not to be a menace to society anymore.
听着 之前我可能有点失控了
And, look, I probably did get a little carried away,
但是艾伦 我真的想试试
but, Ellen, I would really like a shot
设计南纬90度的新工作站
at designing this new station at 90 South.
你知道些什么
What do you know about that?
我知道他们要拆除它
Well, I, I know they’re dismantling it,
他们准备建一个新的
and they’re gonna build a new one.
任何想要重新设计它的人
You know, anyone who’s gonna have a shot at redesigning it,
都必须亲自去看看
they’re gonna have to go visit and see it for themselves.
没人能随便就去南极点
No one just visits the South Pole.
只有必要人员才能去
It’s essential personnel only.
据我所知 你属于那种
And as far as I can make out, you fall
相当不必要的类别
in that rather large category of nonessential.
是这样 我工作的方式
It’s just, the way I work
依赖于我居住在那个地方
is I have to inhabit a space, you know,
然后我才能开始设计它
before I can even begin designing it.
发掘它需要成为什么样子
Before I can discover what it needs to be.
天啊 光是想想就让我心跳加速
You know… God, just thinking about it’s got my heart racing.
-不好 -不是
– Uh-oh. – Oh, no.
不是那种坏的心跳加速
It’s not the bad kind of heart racing,
像是 “我要死了”
as in, “I’m gonna die.”
是那种好的心跳加速
It’s the good kind of heart racing,
像是 “你好 有什么需要帮助的吗
as in, “Hello, can I help you with something?”
如果没有就让开
“‘Cause if not step aside
因为我要把生活搅得天翻地覆了”
’cause I am about to kick the shit out of life.”
你知道过冬意味着什么吗
Do you have any idea what overwintering entails?
比所有人事先预想的都要难上两倍
It’s twice the challenge anyone ever imagines going in.
能坚持下去的人
The only ones who can cut it are the ones who have
都有点反♥社♥会♥倾向
a little bit of an antisocial streak in them.
你必须不介意大量的独处时间
You have to be comfortable spending a lot of time alone.
你必须能够长时间不锻炼身体
You have to go for long stretches without exercise.
洗澡的机会稀少
Showers are few and far between.
听起来我已经为此
Sounds like I’ve been in training for this
训练了二十年了
for the last 20 years.
我想要的只有南美
All I wanted was South America.
你连这个也要夺走吗
Are you gonna take that away from me too?
征服世界可不是儿戏
World domination ain’t pretty.
我们在哪
Where are we?
我想我们要把一个研究员送到帕默站
I think we’re dropping off a researcher at Palmer Station.
现在吗
Right now?
我们在帕默站
We’re at Palmer Station?
是的 游轮公♥司♥总是喜欢
Yeah, the cruise companies always like to do
半夜进行人员运输
these transfers in the middle of the night.
真的吗
Really?
是的 他们保密是为了
Yeah, they just keep it hush-hush
不打扰到付钱的顾客
so as not to bother the paying customers.
爸爸 你看 帕默站就在那里
See, Dad? It’s Palmer Station right there.
那里有很多人
There’s a ton of people there,
我真的觉得妈妈会在那里
and I really think Mom is gonna be there.
我们得去看看她在不在
We have to go and check and see if she’s there.
你想借一艘快艇船去看看吗
You wanna borrow a Zodiac and go find out?
-好啊 -好 你在这里等着 我去拿我的装备
– Yeah. Yeah. – Okay, you wait here. I’m gonna get my gear.
哪也别去
Don’t go anywhere!
在此刷♥卡♥
好了 听着
All right, look, um…
表现得自然点
Just, uh, you know, act normal.
-淡定点 好吗 -好
– Look cool, all right? – Yeah.
糟了 我得找个靠岸的地方
Oh, crap. All right. I gotta look for a place to dock.
全速冲向岸边就行了
Just ram into the shore at full speed.
必须这么做
You just gotta do that.
-不是的 -就是
– No, you don’t. – Yes, you do.
你走运了 我偏爱怪人和天才
Lucky for you, I’m partial to weirdos and geniuses.
我在麦克默多站飞往南纬90度的
I got you a spot on a Herc
大力神运输机上给你安排了一个位置
from McMurdo to 90 South.
整个三小时的飞行中 你必须一直
You have to stand for the whole three-hour flight
站在奶粉和飞机燃料的旁边
next to powdered milk and jet fuel.
我不介意站着
I’m fine with standing.
你当然这么说
You say that.
你的智齿都长齐了吗
Do you have all your wisdom teeth?
是的
Yeah.
不能有智齿
No wisdom teeth.
我们曾经不得不空运送走
We once had to, uh, airlift out somebody
一个智齿发炎的人
with infected wisdom teeth.
别问我那花了多少钱
Do not ask me how much that cost.
该死
Oh, shit.
没事 别担心
No, don’t worry about it.
劳伦斯·M·古尔德号♥正在装货
The Laurence M. Gould is loading up now.
等你到了麦克默多站 我们就能把牙拔了
And once you get to McMurdo, we can get rid of ’em.
好吧
Okay.
我们有一位来自帕萨迪纳的兽医
We have a veterinarian from Pasadena
他有马牙科学的学位
with a degree in equine dentistry.
-他拔过牙 -哪种动物的牙
– He’s done it before. – On which animal?
义工不能挑三拣四
Volunteers can’t be choosy.
一旦你到达南极点
And once you get to the South Pole,
你将在那里待上五周
you are there for five weeks.
哪也不能去
No going in or out.
天啊 太棒了
Oh, God, this is so great.
我觉得我唯一要做的
The only thing I feel I have to do is
就是得跟家人商量一下
I gotta run it by my family.
看看他们是不是同意
You know, see they’re okay with it.
去吧
Do it.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你好 这里是福克斯-布兰奇家的
Hi, you’ve reached the archaic landline
老古董座机
of the Fox-Branch residence.
因为我父母还是不让我用手♥机♥
Since my parents still won’t let me have a cell phone,
所以我的朋友们都可以在这里留言
all my friends can leave messages here.
小碧
Hey, Buzzy.
埃尔吉
Elgie.
很抱歉我一直没打电♥话♥ 但你们知道
I’m sorry I haven’t called, but as you know,
出自美国歌♥手芭比·金特莉的
知名歌♥曲《歌♥颂比利·乔》
讲述一个虚构角色在该桥跳桥自杀
家人漫不经心的谈论 以及无意识的残忍♥
我的手♥机♥从塔拉哈奇桥上跳下去了
my phone jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge
然后就再也不见踪影了
and has not been seen since.
以后我还会进一步解释
There’s much more explanation coming in our future,
不过现在先说大新闻
but for now the headlines,
今天的新闻可不少
and it has been a busy news day.
我马上要出发去麦克默多站
I am about to head to McMurdo Station
自愿让兽医
to have four wisdom teeth
为我拔掉四颗智齿
voluntarily extracted by a veterinarian.
真令我期待
So, I got that going for me.
这个疯狂的地方是一个移♥动♥的冰盖
This crazy place is a shifting ice sheet.
你们知道吗
And did you know
他们必须重新定位官方的南极点标记
they have to reposition the official South Pole marker
-因为它会移♥动♥… -嘘
– because it can move… – Shhh.
一年移♥动♥三十米
100 feet a year?
天啊 我可能得把我的建筑设计成风力驱动的
God, I might have to make my building a wind-powered,
蟹步移♥动♥的圆顶小屋
crab-walking igloo.
-我不知道 我会想出办法的 -她在建房♥子
– I don’t know. I’ll figure it out. – She’s building.
-失眠就是干这个用的 -她在建房♥子
– That’s what insomnia is for. – She’s making a building.
问题是 不管建什么
The thing about it is, any structure built
都必须和万里之外的美国协调
will have to be coordinated out of the United States.
我是说
You know, I mean…
所有的材料 小到一根钉子
Every material down to the nail
都必须空运过来
will have to be flown in.
往这里运送物资将会非常昂贵
Getting the supplies here will be so costly
所以什么东西都不能浪费
that absolutely nothing can be wasted.
我已经意识到了我变成现在这样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!