Bernadette Fox is simply the most exciting thing
最令人兴奋的人物
in the world of architecture right now.
保罗·杰利内克
建筑师
我认为伯纳黛特的特别之处在于
I think Bernadette stands out
没人真正了解她
because no one knows exactly who she is.
她是建筑师吗 显然是
Is she an architect? Obviously.
灵感迸发的捡垃圾的 是的
An inspired dumpster diver? Yeah.
伯纳黛特·福克斯
麦克阿瑟天才奖金获奖者
你打算用你的奖金做什么
Any thoughts about what you’ll do with your grant money?
我不知道
I don’t know.
开始一个新项目 完成现在的项目
Start a new project, finish this one.
我有很多想法
You know, I got a lot of ideas.
米尔斯·默里的房♥子
Mills-Murray’s house,
白色城♥堡♥ 在福克斯和沃克
the White Castle, was ready to move into
封闭二十英里住♥宅♥的围墙前
before Fox and Walker
就已经完工了
had closed the walls on the Twenty Mile House.
白色城♥堡♥的点睛之笔
The White Castle’s crowning touch was
是价值一百万美元的加利福尼亚棕榈树
a million dollars’ worth of California fan palms.
要我说 让房♥子看起来更像是丽思卡尔顿酒店
Yeah. Made it look more like a Ritz-Carlton, if you ask me.
她抱怨了又抱怨 抱怨个不停
I mean, she complained. She complained and complained,
但是
but…
事实就是这样
That’s just how it was.
《抓住就是你的》的主持人
The You Catch It, You Keep It guy.
奈杰尔·米尔斯·默里
Ni… Nigel Miles-Mills
是个混球
is a douchebag.
伯纳黛特打电♥话♥给我说她想把房♥子出♥售♥
Bernadette called me and said she wanted to list the house
再找一处房♥产
and find another piece of property.
在我把房♥子挂牌出♥售♥前
And before I could even get it on the market,
我接到一个我认识的人的电♥话♥
I got a call from this guy I knew
他是个业务经理
who’s a business manager,
他很想拥有刚刚
and he just wanted to own the house
赢得天才奖的房♥子
that had won the Genius award.
我真希望你能
You know, I just wish that
亲眼看到他们俩
you could have seen the two of them.
他为她感到骄傲
He was so proud of her.
她刚刚赢得了这个大奖
She had just won this big award
并且靠这栋房♥子赚了一大笔钱
and made a killing on the house.
哪个丈夫不会感到骄傲
You know, what husband wouldn’t be proud?
当时我并不知道
I didn’t know it at the time,
但这个业务经理
but the business manager
其实是在为他的客户买♥♥♥房♥♥
was actually buying the house for his client,
而他的客户恰好是…
who happened to be…
奈杰尔·米尔斯·默里
Nigel Mills-Murray.
直至今日
And to this day,
奈杰尔仍然把那里用作备用停车场
Nigel uses the site for overflow parking.
二十英里住♥宅♥
The Twenty Mile House,
花了三年时间才完成
which had taken three years to complete,
只花了几个小时就拆除了
took only a few hours to demolish.
惨遭洛杉矶人摧毁的九座美丽建筑
当房♥子被摧毁的消息传开时
There was an outpouring of grief in architecture circles
建筑界流露出了巨大的悲痛
as word spread that the house had been destroyed.
伯纳黛特音信全无
Bernadette went AWOL.
我让很多建筑师联名
I, um, had a ton of architects sign a letter
痛失获奖建筑 建筑界瞠目结舌
在报纸上发表了一封信
that got printed in the paper.
使得地标建筑委员会
And the Landmark Commission got serious
开始正视保护现代建筑的重要性
about preserving modern architecture,
所以说
which means that, you know,
也不全是坏事
there was some good that came out of it.
上学
School?
对
Yeah.
-你要去上班 -对
– Are you going to work? – Yeah.
妈妈失踪了 你还要去上班
Mom’s missing and you’re going to work?
那你想让我怎么做 碧
Well, what do you want me to do, Bee?
你说呢 比如去找她
I don’t know, maybe look for her.
碧 听我说
Hey, Bee, listen…
等妈妈准备好回来
Mom will come back
她就会回来的
when she is ready to come back.
显然她现在饱受煎熬
She’s… clearly going through something.
没错 她的煎熬都是你造成的
Yeah, she’s going through something you put her through.
别这样
Hey, stop it.
听我说
Listen to me.
妈妈已经做出了自己的选择
Mom has made her own choices.
她没有面对现实 而是选择了逃避
Instead of facing reality, she chose to escape.
这也不是第一次了
And not for the first time.
她从洛杉矶逃走了
She escaped from Los Angeles.
她逃避任何个人责任
She escapes any personal responsibility.
昨天当她面对想要帮助她的人说出的事实时
And what did she do yesterday when confronted with that fact
她又做了什么
from people who wanted to help her?
她又一次
She escaped…
逃跑了
yet again.
看着我
Look at me.
我们要过自己的生活
We’re gonna live our lives
等她准备好重新加入我们的时候
and when she is ready to rejoin us…
她会的
she will.
你为什么总把时间设得这么长
Why do you always set it so high?
碧 碧
Bee? Bee?
格里芬女士 我想告诉你
Miss Griffin, I wanted to tell you
我想去乔特高中上学的唯一原因
that the only reason I wanted to go to Choate
是因为我看了个愚蠢的纪录片
was because I saw some dumb documentary
里面说它应该是一所非常好的学校
about how it’s supposed to be a really good school…
亲爱的 亲爱的 你妈妈在家吗
Sweetheart, sweetheart, is your mom home?
不在 怎么了
No, why?
她来寻求我的帮助
She needed my help.
我昨晚开车送她去机场了
I drove her to the airport last night.
她说你们应该会乘
She said she thought you were
同一班机去南极
on the same flight to Antarctica.
-你开车送她去机场了 -对
– You drove her to the airport? – Yes.
你知道她有没有上飞机吗
Do you know if she got on the flight?
不知道 亲爱的 我不知道
I don’t know, honey. I don’t know.
我让她带了几件我的衣服
I-I gave her some of my clothes for the trip.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
妈妈在南极
Mom’s in Antarctica.
-什么 -对
– What? – Yeah.
奥德丽昨晚开车送她去机场了
Audrey drove her to the airport last night.
奥德丽
Audrey?
对 她告诉我的
Yeah. She told me.
我真的觉得妈妈
I really think Mom is gonna be
要去我们本来要去的旅行
on the trip we were gonna take.
她会在爱兰歌♥娜号♥上 我已经查过了
She’ll be on the Allegra, and I already checked,
还有一艘叫路易莎号♥的船
there’s another ship called the Louisa
如果我们及时赶到可以乘那艘船
that we can take if we get down there in time.
两艘船会在同一天到达这个
Both the ships are gonna be at this place
叫拉可罗港的地方
called Port Lockroy on the same day.
我们可以下船去找妈妈
We can go down there and find Mom.
你答应过的
You promised.
你必须带我去
You have to take me.
你也喜欢这件钓鱼背心 是吧
And you like the fishing vest too, huh?
正在休息
请稍后再来
不管你做什么 千万不要告诉妈妈你很无聊
Whatever you do, don’t ever tell Mom you’re bored.
她会说 “你猜怎么着
She’ll be like, “Well, guess what?
生活只会变得越来越无聊
“It only gets more boring
你越早认识到让自己的生活
“and the sooner you learn it’s on you
变得有趣是你的责任
“to make your own life interesting,
你就会过得越好”
the better off you’ll be.”
我希望她现在正在做有趣的事情
I hope she’s doing something interesting right now.
很多乘客已经在甲板上享受
Many of you are already on deck relishing
清澈宁静的早晨了
the clear, still morning.
快艇船从九点半开始载客
The Zodiacs will begin loading at 9:30.
当然了 皮划艇也随时可以使用
And, of course, kayaks are always available.
欢迎来到南极
Welcome to Antarctica.
等一下 女士 这是你的漂浮装置