It’s all good.
这两个弯你可以再提高
The first two corners are soft, so you can blow those up.
我看你完全没有问题 伙计
You’ll rail it no problem, and it’s all good, man.
老兄 这是我骑过最爽的一段了
Dude, that is probably the funnest line I have ever ridden…
对 好过瘾
-Yeah, so fun. -…in my life.
-我想你征服她了 哥们
-I think we got her, buddy
这是结束一天的最好方式
Just the best way to end the day.
接下来 我们向芝加汀河进发
So, we’re up the Chilcotin River this time.
离开了我们曾安营扎寨的弗雷泽河
We’ve been camping on the Fraser River.
弗雷泽河景色优美
Fraser River is beautiful,
但芝加汀河则完全不同
but Chilcotin’s on a whole different level.
河水呈现明亮的蓝绿色
The river’s just bright blue-green
两岸高山耸立
and just surrounded by big canyons and hoodoos.
很遗憾 这条河急流太多
Unfortunately, the Chilcotin’s rapids were too big
快艇无法将车运过来
for the jet boat to bring our bikes in.
但好在我们还有直升机
But lucky for us, we still had the heli.
看到那片沙坡了吗 可以在那降落
See that sand slope, like, dead ahead of us?
好的
Yep.
我想这是我们的路线
I think that’s gonna be our L.D. right up there.
好的
Okay.
我们今天很早就出发了
We got an early start today,
这里是个山地车天堂
and we have a mountain-bike playground at our disposal
直升机将我们带到山顶
with a helicopter to get us up to the top.
我有种感觉 这天将是
I have a feeling this day is gonna be one that goes down in the memory banks
我们骑行经历中最伟大的一天
as one of the greatest days we’ve had riding.
我们有了很多收获
We were gaining momentum.
但我们知道 如果真想继续这伟大的骑行
But we knew that if we really wanted to push big-mountain riding,
就必须去世界上最雄伟的山峰
we would have to go to the biggest mountains in the world.
因此 我们来到尼泊尔
And that’s what brought us to Nepal,
前往在喜马拉雅山脉最偏远的一个山区
headed to one of the most remote regions in the Himalayas.
这是我所见过的
Upper Mustang’s been the longest
耗时最久 路途最远 最为艰苦的旅程
and furthest and hardest trip I’ve ever been on,
仅仅为被批准进入该国 我们就花费了三天
and just to get into the country it was like a three-day ordeal.
不知怎么回事
I don’t know what happened.
所有45件行李中
All 45 pieces of luggage showed up
有两件我的没到
except for my two pieces of luggage.
我们一到加德满都
As soon as we get to Kathmandu,
就得马上包下架飞机离开这里
I know that we’re supposed to charter a plane and get out of there
然后开始我们为期三天的长途跋涉
and then start our trek for three days,
这都不重要 对我来说
so it just doesn’t seem realistic for me
重要的是如何拿回我的车
that my bike’s gonna end up catching up to me.
在这一点上 我真的有点沮丧
So, at this point, I’m really bummed out.
我风尘仆仆来到 却无车可骑
I came all this way, and I don’t have a bike
也没有制♥服♥ 什么都没有
or clothes or anything.
无所事事
No purpose.
这可能会是最差劲的旅程了
This will probably be the sketchiest flight of our life.
很可能
Pretty much.
在这样的情况下
In a situation like this,
你不得不冷静下来
you just have to keep your mind occupied,
从那么远的地方来到加德满都
because coming all the way to Kathmandu
接着还要面临3到4天的跋涉
and then knowing that we have another three-or four-day trek ahead of us
却可能无车可骑
to get to a zone that we might not even be able to ride,
虽然情况不妙 但你仍需坚定信仰
and if we could, it might suck, so it’s a leap of faith,
无论如何你要赌一把
but, you know, you got to take gambles every now and then.
我们的导游之一 明玛 是很有名的登山者
One of our guides, Mingma, is a pretty acclaimed mountain climber.
有他在很酷 因为他曾数次攀登珠穆朗玛峰
It was pretty cool to have him ’cause he’s been up to Everest a couple of times,
他也攀登过安纳布尔那一号♥峰
and he’s also climbed Annapurna I.
上幕斯唐地区之所以特殊 主要是因为它古老的藏教寺庙
藏族文化 居民和地理环境
它就象是小西♥藏♥
我们要进入的上幕斯唐地区
So what we’re doing here in Kagbeni is we’re gonna enter upper Mustang,
在92年才对外开放
which has been just opened up to the public in ’92.
那之前没有外国人被允许进入
Before that, no foreigners were allowed in.
之所以限制外国人进入
The reason that this area has been restricted to foreigners
是因为如果继续前行的话
is because if you keep going that way,
上到山谷 将进入西♥藏♥
up the valley, it ends up landing in Tibet,
我们被告知
and from what we’ve been told,
那里有军队驻扎
there’s still a large military presence up this valley.
我们到了路的尽头 只能徒步
This is where the road ends and the hiking begins.
从卡贝尼到切里村
From Kagbeni we went to Chele.
我们一路都靠人力运输
Starting to put the work boots on.
我穿的是溜冰时的布鞋 因为行李不在了
I’m hiking in my skate shoes ’cause I don’t have my bag,
脚开始肿痛
and feet are starting to get sore,
而且糟糕的是 我的裤子是休闲裤
and I’m wearing chino pants.
但我要保持积极的心态
Just trying to stay positive.
看到了吗
You guys see anything?
我们不停地翻山越岭
Gained some elevation and ended up here
终于来到了一个偏僻小镇
at this small, little, remote town.
这里是喜马拉雅山脉
Definitely we’re in the Himalayas, so the elevations are a factor.
海拔将近10 000英尺
Right now we’re at about 10,000 feet,
但好在影响不太大
and it’s not really in too much of effect.
只是在徒步行走时 感觉较明显
You can feel it, definitely, when you’re hiking around a bit.
你很快就觉得有点累了
You get a little more tired a little quicker,
而明天将是个大日子
but tomorrow we’re supposed to put on a big day
我们还要再往上走相当长的路
and gain, I guess, thousand vertical meters, which is quite a bit.
大概会去到海拔14 000英尺
We’ll probably be up at 14,000 vertical feet,
到其时 你将更有体会
and you’re definitely gonna be feeling it there.
醒来的时候 觉得自己像被困在群山中
Woke up to a bit of a frosty morning with some snow on local hills.
我不想往下看
I’m not looking down.
他们正在修建
They’re building a road down this valley
一条连通西♥藏♥和尼泊尔的公路
that will connect Tibet to Nepal,
但到现在还没有竣工
but it’s not done yet.
它竣工之后 公共汽车 货车和吉普车就能到达上幕斯唐
但我个人认为 污染会比现在更厉害了
在路未修好 这里还没受外界太多影响之前
It’s pretty cool to see this place before the road’s finished
能来到这里 我很高兴
and there’s a lot of outside influence.
这里有成百上千年的文化积淀
And we get to see it how it’s been for hundreds and hundreds of years.
路很破旧
The trails are gnarly for us,
但这是当地人唯一的选择
but that’s the only way the locals have to get around,
要走出这里 只能走这条路
and it’s the only way to get out here, so…
我们别无选择
It’s what we signed up for.
因为爬得太高太快
Couple of us got a little bit of altitude sickness
我们有的人起了高原病
just because we climbed so high so fast.
我们爬了有3 000英尺高
We gained about 3,000 feet in elevation.
有人能帮我就好了
I wish I had a granny.
穿着破鞋上上下下
Still hiking in skate shoes. Up and down.
脚好像长水泡了
And I’m beat. Blistered feet.
这是我走过的最难走的路
That’s definitely one of the hardest days I’ve ever had walking.
我是骑着车进入小镇的 当时超级兴奋
Rolling into this little town, and, like, I’m super fired up.
感觉非常好奇
The riding actually looks amazing.
伙计们 怎么样
Yeah, boys, how sick was that?
我认为 这是我人生里最漫长的一天
I’m still claiming longest day of my life, I think.
我们就想吃顿好饭 希望睡个好觉
And we’re just gonna grab some dinner and hopefully get a good night’s rest,
也希望明天 我们能把所有的疲惫都丢到泥土里
and tomorrow we’re gonna hopefully put the tires in the dirt and see how it goes.
圣诞老人在早上给了我一个很好的礼物
Nepalese Santa brought me a nice gift for the morning.
我得到了我的衣服
I got my bag of clothes.
我的车也回来了
I got my bike back.
这是个小波折
It’s a little beat and battered,
好在我穿了5天的衣服终于可以换了
but I was in the same clothes for five days,
拿回自己的东西 心情特别好
and it’s pretty refreshing to have my own stuff now.
好心人帮我把车弄过来了 我不知怎么感谢他们
I guess some porters carried my bike in. I can’t thank them enough.
我终于有合适的鞋了
And I finally got some normal shoes to wear.
很多人会说”你们经常干这事啊”
Most people are like, “Oh, yeah, yeah, you ride stuff like this all the time,”
其实不然
but we haven’t.
要知道 这是个全新的环境
You know, this is totally new. Every time we go to a new location,
一切都不一样
the dirt is completely different.
到这么远的地方开始第一次骑行
Coming this far, and, you know, getting your first line down
发现不是你所希望的结果
and realizing that it’s not really what you’re hoping for
这很令人沮丧
is a huge disappointment.
你会说”伙计 我走了5天时间 到最后什么都没有”
You’re like, “Man, I just traveled five days, and now it’s not working.”
这感觉很不好
It’s not a good feeling.
怎么样
How was it?
一般般
Oh, it was fine until I crashed.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!