要了解结局 就得从头说起
To understand how this ended for us, you need to know where it began
在过去十年
For over a decade,
我们一直认为犹他州
we thought the state of Utah
是这个星球上最完美的地方
was the best landscape on the planet
我们在此骑行 不断挑战极限
to push our riding and, ultimately, ourselves.
这里的地形神工鬼斧
I don’t think you could design better terrain than this.
这不是你能刨土挖掘
It’s not something you could dig or form
或者用钉子木板造出来的
or put together with boards or nails.
这是天然之作
It’s a landscape itself.
这里地形开阔 高低起伏
It’s big terrain, high consequence.
我们花了十年时间去了解它 对它可谓是了如指掌
We spent 10 years getting to know it like the backs of our hands.
每一道裂隙 每个斜坡 每一条路线
Every crack, every slope, every line.
它不可驯服 它并不安全
It’s not tame, it’s not safe,
但它就像是我们的后花♥园♥
but our time here has made it like home.
通常 在我们这项运动中
Traditionally, in our sport,
你只有几条线路可以下山
you have a few trails coming down a hill.
但傲立群山之巅 360度饱览美景
But standing on top of a mountain and having 360 degrees of options,
是何等自♥由♥
that’s freedom.
唯一能限制你的 只有你的想象力
The only limit is your imagination.
在犹他州最近几次的探索中
Over the last few trips to Utah, we noticed something.
我们有所思悟
Something had changed.
这里太熟悉了
It started to feel familiar.
我们去到的每一个地方 都已有了别人的车印
Everywhere we went, people had ridden there before.
这 正引发一个全新念头
And that’s what sparked this whole idea.
世上还有
As unique as Utah is,
象犹他州一样独特的地形吗
could terrain like this exist somewhere else?
很接近
Could anything come close?
或者更好
Could there be better?
车轮不息
自行车一直是我前进的动力
The bicycle has always been a way for me to explore.
它陪伴我走过了漫长的路程
It started with the training wheels coming off.
院子
Suddenly going from the yard
街区
to the whole neighborhood,
然后是国内路线
then the local trails,
最后是环游世界
and eventually a career of traveling the world
比赛和拍照
doing contests and photo shoots.
骑行已经成为我的生活
Riding has become my life.
我打破过一些记录 也摔断过几根骨头
I’ve broken a few records and a lot of bones,
我很幸运 能从车上去观察这个世界
and I’ve been lucky enough to see a lot of the world from the seat of my bike.
但现在 我最想找到
But now the places I wanted to find
没有车轮印 甚至没有人类脚印的地方
were landscapes that had never seen tire tracks or even footprints.
如何能找到这些别人未曾涉足的地方呢
But how do you find something that not many people have even looked for?
从哪里开始呢
Where do you start?
完美骑行对环境的要求 特别而且苛刻
The elements required to make up these riding zones are rare and exact.
要求有完美的尘埃 斜度和气候
The perfect dirt, pitch, climate.
为了心爱的山地车
To find new locations, we would have to go to places
我们必须去寻找新的地方
where the mountain bike had yet to be introduced.
抛开熟悉的事物 探索未知
Leaving the familiar behind and starting out on this mission
意味着大量的调研
meant a lot of research.
但在你亲身尝试前
But you really don’t know if these zones will work
根本不知道这些地方能不能骑
until you put your tires in the dirt.
如果要收拾行囊 前往世界的另一端
If we were going to pack up and head to the other side of the world,
我们需要一些帮助
we were gonna need some help.
我的中文名字 叫何文靖
大家都叫我杰克
我是一名导游员
我来自中国最大的一个省 新疆维♥吾♥尔族自治区 吐鲁番
吐鲁番是一个非常奇特的地方
通常 我们把吐鲁番称之为”火洲”
自行车 中国是一个自行车王国
全世界当中 骑自行车最多的人是在中国
而我也是其中一员
我不认为有人能够在火焰山上骑自行车
因为火焰山是
你想像不到的那种炎热
-嗨 -我叫杰克
-Hi. -My name’s Jack.
幸会
Nice to meet you.
我们走
Let’s go.
我现在和詹姆斯 和库尔特在一起
I’m here with James Doerfling and Kurt Sorge.
离开熟悉的家园 不远万里
It’s pretty crazy being this far from home and what you know,
来到完全不同的世界 真是疯狂之举
being in this completely different part of the world.
哇 看那里
Wow, check that one out.
来到中国 给我很大的文化冲击
Coming here to China is definitely a big culture shock,
让你觉得就像是来到了另一个星球
like, it kind of makes you feel like you’re on another planet almost.
路人围观着我们
The way people around here look at us,
他们一定是没有见过西方人
they’ve definitely not seen westerners before.
我们有一支优秀的团队 一个翻译 三个司机
We have a good team. We’ve got a translator, three drivers,
翻译十分重要 因为这里没有人会说英文
and it’s really key for over here because no one speaks English.
这是一个传统集市
Yeah, this is a traditional bazaar.
-这是什么 -这是煎饺
-What is that? -It’s baked dumplings.
嗯 放心
Yeah, it’s safe.
和这里的导游在一起 是很特别的体验
Having our guides here is definitely a very unique experience.
你可以了解他们
You get to know these guys.
他们从小在这长大
You know, they’re locals. They’ve grown up here.
代表着这里的文化
You know, this is the culture, really, is them.
所以说 与他们朝夕相处 从而了解他们
So, really being able to hang out with them, get to know them,
相信是一个很酷的经历
is really a cool experience.
向左
Go left.
左 右
Left, right?
我们看了一眼就知道 这里有很大的发挥空间
The second we saw this terrain we knew this location had a lot of potential.
如果可以骑 甚至说是太多了
Almost too much, if that was possible.
这里太大了 太多可以利用的地方
Come here, and it’s just so vast and so many zones.
我们都不知道从何开始
That makes it almost harder to find stuff.
但同时我们意识到 在仲夏来到这里
But we also realize that coming in the middle of their summer
也许不是好主意
may not have been the best idea.
这里年均气温 摄氏45度
The average temperature was 45 degrees Celsius,
华氏113度
or 113 degrees Fahrenheit,
在这骑车步行 几乎是难以忍♥受的
almost unbearable to ride in, let alone hike.
如果说我不用熟悉地形 那是我在说谎
I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a learning curve.
但是一旦我们熟悉了这里的尘土和地貌
But once we got our heads around the new dirt and terrain,
那么游戏开始了
it was game on.
好
All right!
冠军
Champion.
和杰克以及司机们一起工作真的很酷
It’s really cool having Jack and the drivers come and hang out.
他们从没有见过这样骑自行车的
They’ve never seen riding like that before.
一直为我们欢呼 感觉很棒
They’re just cheering, yelling, hollering. It’s awesome.
在这里的最后一天
Last day of the trip here,
我试图尝试一个远距离飞跃
ended up rolling across this pretty sweet road gap.
如果成功 这肯定是我做过的
If I’m able to do this, definitely will be the biggest thing I’ve ever done
最伟大的事了
out in the middle of nowhere.
嘿 伙计 我在等风向
Hey, guys, I’m just, I’m holding for wind here.
希望一切顺利
You know, hopefully get this thing in the bag.
嘿 伙计 风向很乱 我没有把握
Hey, guys, it’s getting pretty windy. I’m not sure if I’m into this.
回头看来
Looking back,
我不知道是风影响了我 还是我不在状态
I’m not sure if it was the wind, or if I just wasn’t into it,
但我的确非常失望
but I was definitely disappointed.
到最后 这趟旅行非常成功
At the end of the day, the trip was a huge success…
谢谢
Oh, yeah! Thank you.
这也证实了这个想法是很有前景的
…and proved this whole idea had great potential.
碰杯 伙计
Cheers, boys. Good trip.
中国
China.
-感觉不错 -对
-Kicked our ass. -It did.
我意识到
I think what we got was good,
未来 如果我回到这里
but, like, I definitely think
一定会做得更好
I could find more stuff in the future if I come back.
麦克告诉我另一个可能的地方
Mike Kinrade had told me about another potential zone
就在阿根廷安第斯山脉边缘
on the edge of the Andes in Argentina.
我们计划穿过这条河
The other option we were thinking was just going across the river,
可以进一步爬升
maybe further up,
然后回到这里
and just, like, going way back in.
于是我们去了南美
So, we traveled down to South America
寻找合适的骑行路线
on his word that there would be good riding.
-伙计 -这真棒
-Dude! -That is awesome.
这是我见过最大的蜘蛛 伙计
Dude! That’s the biggest spider I’ve ever seen, man!
看这
You got to see this!
天哪
Whoa, man!
我的相机呢 伙计