Yeah.
那如果你把母牛转转转.你可以得到发泡的鲜奶油
And,if you spin a cow around real fast,you’ll get whipped cream.
哇 你懂得真多
Wow! You know a lot.
我可是在图书馆工作啊
Well,I work in the library.
我不知道你如何帮你姐姐活了这么久,佛尼
I don’t know how you kept her alive this long,Forney.
你可以顺车一起来
You’re welcome to ride along with us.
皇家旅馆
[Knock At Door]
你怎么找到我的
How did you find me?
这是个小镇
Small town.
我没看见你出现在丧礼上(呼应后面枯萎的玫瑰 因此翻译),我很担心
You didn’t come to the service. I was worried.
我无意让你担心
I didn’t mean to worry you.
我能进来吗? – 可以
Can I come in? – Okay.
你还好吗?
You all right?
我不能待在图书馆了,我要…
I couldn’t stay at the library. I had to…
我理解
I understand.
我要离开一段时间
I have to go away for a while,
送玛莉·伊丽莎白回缅因州
take Mary Elizabeth back to Maine,
葬在家族墓园里
bury her in the family plot.
听到这我很难过 佛尼
I’m so sorry,Forney.
我没法去参加丧礼
I couldn’t go to the service.
我本来有四朵白玫瑰
I had four white roses.
可是我要去参加丧礼时
And when I got to the service,[Sighs]
它们全变黄了
They turned brown.
我不能送她枯萎的玫瑰
I couldn’t take her brown roses.
[Crying]
∮ I give my all ∮
∮ Or not at all ∮
∮ There’s no in-between ∮
∮ I’ll give my best ∮
∮ Won’t second guess ∮
∮ This feeling deep in me ∮
∮ I give my heart Give my soul ∮
∮ I won’t hold back I’ll give you everything ∮
娜薇莉 – 嗯?
[Whispers] Novalee. – Yeah?
我爱你
I love you.
他说他爱你
He told you he loves you,
你竟然一句话都没说
and you didn’t say anything?
我是笨蛋,我真是大笨蛋
I’m a dope. I’m such a dope.
可我吓到了,我很困惑,就是…就是很奇怪
But I was scared. I was confused,and… It’s just strange.
甜心 别误会我的意思 不过佛尼是很奇怪
Honey,don’t take this wrong,but Forney is strange.
那么,他什么时候回来?
[Chuckles] – So when’s he comin’ back?
[Car Horn Honks]
[Honking Continues]
阿尼驱虫灭鼠公♥司♥
那是怎么回事? – 没什么?
What was that all about? – Nothing.
没什么?没什么的话为什么阿尼会对你按喇叭
Nothin’? Why was Ernie the exterminator honkin’ at you?
好吧,我说过我会和他约会
Oh. I said I’d,uh… go out with him.
你告诉她什么? – 我告诉他我会跟他约会
You told him you’d what? – I said I’d go out on a date with him.
那怎么发生的?讲讲你们的罗曼史
[Chuckles] How’d that happen? – Tsk.
他是布朗尼的足球教练
Well,he’s Brownie’s soccer coach.
他能逗他笑,除了他,还没人能做到
And he makes him laugh,which,let’s face it,nobody does.
那个(孩子的)心理医师说这是个好兆头
And that psychologist said it would be a good idea,
但我不知道
but I don’t know.
哦,伙计,你不会认为我们约会的时候,他会穿刚才那件橘黄色的工作服吧
Oh,man. You don’t think he’s gonna wear that orange jumpsuit on our date.
你不会吧?
Do ya? – [Laughs]
[Bird Squawking]
或许大家把衣服抽出来更好一点(拘谨的老头)
You know,maybe it was a bad idea to tuck in the shirts.
对,好极了,哇哦
[Chattering] Yeah. All right. Whoa.
这儿难道没有比赛的冠军奖旗呢?或者其他什么东西?
Isn’t there a championship banner or somethin’?
我们不是什么冠军?只是庆祝在这个赛季能活下来
Oh,we’re not the champions. We’re just celebratin’ we lived through the season.
好吧
[Team Laughing] – All right.
那我们来拍了,准备
Well,here we go,then.
笑一个
Smile.
[Shutter Clicks]
娜薇莉,你知道怎么才能和佛尼联♥系♥上吗?
Novalee,do you know how to reach Forney?
图书馆有些法律上的事需要他
It’s about some legal work involvin’ the library.
我估计他今天或明天就回来了.
Oh,I expect him back today or tomorrow.
佛尼要回来了? – 当然
Forney’s comin’ back? – Sure.
哦,我以为玛莉·伊丽莎白过世了
Well,I just figured,with Mary Elizabeth gone,
他就可以重拾以前的生活
he’d wanna pick up with his life again…
回大学念书
or go back to college.
你知道他曾祖父曾是缅因州的州长吗?
Hey,did you know his great grandfather was governor of Maine?
不知道
No.
有时候,坏事反而带来好运
Well,sometimes things work out for the best.
现在他可以离开这,重新开始一个靠谱的生活
Now he can get out of here and have a real life.
好了,快拍照吧 大家笑一个
All right. Let’s take this picture. We’re all startin’ to smell.
[Phone Ringing]
你好?
Hello?
你在哪?
Where are you?
你什么时候回来?
When’d you get back?
不 不 不 我这就过去
No,no,no. I’ll come over.
我会来的,好吗?再见
I’ll come there. Okay? Bye.
Hi. – Hey.
进来吧
Come in. [Chuckles]
抱歉 这么晚打电♥话♥给你 不 不会 没关系的…
Sorry I called so late. – No,no. That’s…
行程还顺利吧? 很好
So how was your trip? – Good.
很好.你要不要坐下来?
Okay. You wanna sit down?
当然
Sure.
你没回来的时候,我还担心呢,我想…
I was startin’ to worry a little when you didn’t come back. I thought…
我都忘了在那边怎么开心
Oh. I forgot how lovely it is back there.
跟这里很不一样. – 我想也是
Very different from here. – I’ll bet.
我开车到堡登. – 嗯哼
I drove over to Bowden. – Mm-hmm?
本来只想待几个小时的
Yeah. I,uh,was only gonna go for a couple of hours.
结果只留了两天,见了我以前的老教授
I wind up staying two days. I saw a couple of my old professors.
我都忘了那里的图书馆有多大
I forgot what a great library they have there.
这儿好像聘了新的图书馆管♥理♥员♥吧?
Have they hired a new librarian here yet?
对 镇长艾伯特的女儿
Yeah. Mayor Allbert’s daughter.
Oh. [Chuckles]
Well.
还不错啦 反正我也不想回去了
Oh,well. It’s okay. I wouldn’t want to go back there anyway.
我听说塑胶厂在招人
I hear they’re hiring at the plastics factory.
我打赌我会在那里找到事情做
I’ll bet I could get a job there.
你怎么了?
Are you okay?
那教书的算怎么办
What about teaching?
你以前好像说过,想当个历史老师
You said once you wanted to be a history teacher.
哦.那是很久以前的事
Oh,that was a long time ago.
但,那如果是你想要的 – 我想要的?
But if it’s what you want,l… – What I want?
我想要和你…跟你和阿美里克斯在一起?
What I want is to be with you… to be with you and Americus.
我爱你,我爱的无法自拔
I love you. I love you so much.
我们在一起的时候
When we were here together…
那晚可能是个错误
That might have been a mistake.
错误? – 我是说…
Mistake? – I mean…
你是说,你因为同情我才跟我做♥爱♥?是那样吗?
Are you saying you made love to me because you felt sorry for me? Is that it?
不. – 那是为什么? 是一个错误的决定,还是一时冲动?
No. – Then what? It was a bad decision,an impulse?
佛尼 – 你爱我吗?
Forney. – Do you love me?
你是我有生以来最好的朋友
You are the best friend I’ve ever had.
回答我 – 你帮我接生了孩子
Just answer me. – You delivered my baby.
你爱我么?
Do you love me?

No.
不 佛尼 我不爱你…不是那种爱
No,Forney,I don’t love you… not that way.
[Crying]
这地方看起来不错哦
This place looks good.
明亮整洁
It’s nice and bright.
地毯看起来很新
The carpet looks new.
关上门,我的孩子们就能把这里变成垃圾场
My kids could turn this place into a dump before the door closes.
看 从这能看见图书馆
[Gasps] Look. You can see the library.
是啊
Yeah.
那个大学生有消息吗?
You ever hear from Joe College?
他给阿美里克斯写了信,还给了她书
He writes to Americus,sends her books.
每封信末尾,他都写着
At the end of every letter,he writes,
请带给你妈妈,我最真诚的祝福
“Please tell your mother I extend my best wishes.”
真热情啊 你给他回信了吗?
Hot. You written him back?
没有 我能跟他说什么?
No. What could I say to him?
哦,老天,那是你对他说的谎话
Oh,God,that you lied to him for one.
跟他说你爱着他 你想着他
That you love him. That you miss him.
这是你人生中最悲惨的三个月…
That these have been the most miserable three months of your life…
那样的话,他肯定会回来
and that he should come back.
回来做什么?
Come back to what?
在塑胶工厂上班……
To a job at the plastics factory…
在丽塔免下车餐馆煎汉堡吗?
or flippin’ burgers at Lita’s Drive-in?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!