[Door Opens]
露丝 露丝·迈耶斯
Ruth. Ruth Meyers.
拜托,在这方面我需要你的帮助
Come on. I need your help with this. – [Elevator Bell Dings]
嗨,露丝
Hey,Ruthie.
我打赌如果我们回到我的房♥间去好好谈一谈,一切问题都解决了.
I bet if we went back to my room we could work it out.
哼? 甜美的性感小猫
Huh? You sexy sweet thing.
( Grunts ) 哦,该死的
[Grunts] Oh,goddamn!

Hi!
嗨,亲爱的,抱歉 我还是赶来了
Hi,honey. Sorry,but I made it.
是不是很不方便啊?
Was it a big inconvenience?
娜薇利,我有五个孩子,我所有的一切都是麻烦
Novalee,I have five children. Everything is an inconvenience.
你不介意我回家的时候开慢点吧?我想假装去度假一样.
You mind if I drive real slow on the way home? I’d like to pretend it’s a vacation.
你没事吧,亲爱的? – 我很好
You all right,honey? – I’m great.
那就好.- 附件有什么新鲜事吗?
Good. – So,anything new around here?
没有,不值一提,除非你认为我交新男友是新闻
No,not a thing,unless you think me meetin’ a guy is new.
谁,怎么认识的? – 他叫罗杰
Who? How? – Well,his name is Roger.
罗杰·毕斯科,他是注册会计师
Roger Brisco. He’s a C.P.A.
他在福特沃斯事业有成 – 你怎么遇见他的?
He has his own successful business in Fort Worth. – How’d you meet him?
我们在德克萨斯加油,他开一台新的别克轿车
We pumped gas together at the Texaco. He drives a new Buick.
他的量油计卡住了 是我帮他弄出来的
And when his dipstick got jammed,I helped him yank it out.
是吗?
Yeah.
当他跟我说,我的孩子们很漂亮,我就知道他喜欢我
He told me my kids were beautiful,so I know he likes me.
谁知道呢 娜薇莉
You never know,Novalee.
说不定几个月后,你就要帮我拍婚纱照了.
Maybe in a couple of months,you’ll be takin’ pictures at my weddin’.
哦,好的,谢谢
Oh. All right. Thank you.
不客气,亲爱的.再见
You’re welcome,honey. Bye.
Bye. Oh.
怎么了?
What?
佛尼帮我带阿美里克斯 我却忘了给他准备礼物了
I forgot to get Forney a gift for watchin’ Americus.
哦.我知道你能给他什么? – 什么啊?
Oh,I know what you can give him. – What?
[Laughing] Oh!
不 我要送他…一双酒店拖鞋
No,l-I’ll give him… hotel slippers.
那是每个男人梦寐以求的
Oh,Novalee,that’s just what every man wants.
一双很棒的居家拖鞋
A nice pair of house slippers.
Bye. – Bye.
佛尼
Forney.
[Camera Shutter Clicks]
[Shutter Clicks]
Mmm. Hi.
现在几点了? – 回来晚了,抱歉
What time is it? – It’s late. Sorry.
没关系
It’s all right.
呣,这趟旅行如何? – 太棒了
Mm,how was your trip? – Great.
喔,最好抱她回床上去睡
Well,better get her to bed.
没关系的,我来吧
No,that’s okay. I’ll do it.
[Whispering] Hey. There.
佛尼? – 嗯哼
Forney? – Mm-hmm.
我带了这个给你
I brought these for you.
哦,谢谢
Oh! Thanks.
拜,- 晚安
Bye. – Good night.
[Phone Ringing]
你好?
Hello?
你好?有人在吗?
Hello? Is somebody there?
谁?
Who?
布朗尼
Brownie?
为什么?莱茜呢?
Why? Where’s Lexie?
布朗尼,你妈妈呢?
Brownie,is your mama there?
布朗尼
Brownie.
让我跟你妈妈说话.叫妈妈来听电♥话♥
Brownie,let me talk to Lexie. Put your mama on the phone.
为什么?发生什么事了?
Why? What’s wrong?
我马上过去
I’m coming.
[Dog Barking]
莱茜?
Lexie?
[Static]
你们都还好吗?
Are you both okay?
待在这儿,宝贝 我马上回来
You stay here,honey. I’ll be right back.
[Moaning]
天啊
Oh,God.
[Horn Honks]
摩西,莱茜的东西能在你的谷仓放一阵子吗?
Moses,can Lexie keep her things in your barn for a while?
当然 怎么了?她没有带薪假期?
Sure. How come? – She doesn’t have any more sick leave,
也付不起房♥子的租金了
and she can’t pay for her apartment.
那她跟孩子们住哪儿呢?
Where are her and the kids gonna stay?
我们午餐吃这个
[Kids Chattering] – We had this for lunch.
你最好吃完,不然留着做早餐
Well,finish it or you’re gonna have it for breakfast.
不要了
No more.
抱歉 宝贝
Sorry,honey.
吃你的饭 布朗尼
Eat your food,Brownie.
你要吃吗?
[Coughing] – Wanna eat?
莱茜
Lex.
你还好吗?
You all right?
我那天本来应该上班到四点
I was supposed to work until 4:00 that day.
我决定不吃午餐节省时间 提早在三点下班
But I decided to skip my lunch hour and get off at 3:00…
因为罗杰从福特沃斯赶来
’cause Roger was coming in from Fort Worth.
我想回家洗澡洗头
I wanted to take a shower and shampoo my hair.
我先去托儿所 接宝宝跟双胞胎
I picked up the baby and the twins from the day care.
到家时,我很惊讶,因为罗杰的车,停在车道上
And when I got home I was surprised because Roger’s car was in the driveway.
他说他四点以后才会到
And he said he wouldn’t be there until after 4:00.
布朗尼跟宝琳在家.我知道会让进来的
But Brownie and Praline were home,and I knew they’d let him in.
当我走进去的时候
When I went inside,
听到后面有声音
I heard a noise comin’ from the back of the apartment…
从我的卧房♥传来
from my bedroom.
我连忙放下孩子 跑去看
And I set down the baby,and I ran to see…
有东西抵住了门
There was somethin’ against the door.
我只好使劲推门
I had to push,
发现是宝琳
and it was Praline.
她蜷在地上,眼睛还被蒙起来
She was crumpled on the floor coverin’ her eyes.
还有…
And… [Crying]
罗杰把布朗尼弄在在床上
Roger had… Brownie… on the bed.
他对她…
And he had his…
我冲过去打他
And I flew at him.
我想杀了他 我真的会
I wanted to kill him and I would have.
我打了他两次 我只记得这些
I hit him twice,and that’s all I remember.
你知道
You know,
他先侵犯小宝琳
he went after little Praline first,
结果她吐了他一身
and she threw up on him.
这时候布朗尼进来
And that’s when Brownie came in.
他怎么会找上我,娜薇利?
How did he find me,Novalee?
怎么会有像这样的人找上我的孩子呢?
How do men like that find my kids?
他怎么知道能对我们做这种事呢?
How’d he know he could do such a thing to us?
他一定四处寻找
He had to be lookin’.
找像我这样的女人
He was lookin’ for women like me…
独身又带着孩子
who are alone with children…
愚蠢至极的女人
and women who are stupid.
她们一定可以看透他
And they saw through him.
知道他不是什么好东西
They could tell he was evil.
可是我只看到别克轿车
And all I saw was a Buick.
天啊
Oh,God.
我要怎么跟孩子们说
What am I gonna tell my babies?
我要怎么跟布朗尼 宝琳说
What am I gonna say…
若他们问,为何会发生这种事
to Brownie and Praline when they ask me why this happened to them?
我应该怎么跟他们说,娜薇利?
[Sobbing] What am I supposed to say,Novalee?
[Sighs]
你告诉他们…
You tell them…
我们的日子会变好的,只要我们还有口气在
you tell them that our… our lives can change with every breath we take.
我们都知道这点
We both know that.
你告诉他们忘记发生的一切
And you tell them to let go of what’s gone.
因为像罗杰·毕斯科那种人♥渣♥是永不会赢的
‘Cause men like Roger Brisco never win.
告诉他我们面对困境要守住既有…
And tell them to hold on like hell to what they’ve got…
他们拥有彼此,还有愿意为他们牺牲的母亲
each other and a mother who would die for them…
也真的会这样做
and almost did.
告诉他们我们的人性中,人都有残忍♥卑劣的一面
You tell them we’ve all got meanness in us.
但我们也有良善的一面
But we’ve got good in us too.
惟有善良才值得我们去追求
And the only thing worth livin’ for is the good.
这也是我们要保证好的品质代代相传的原因
And that is why we’ve got to make sure to pass it on.
[Continues Crying]
[Sighs]
[Birds Chirping]
佛尼,如果喂母牛吃巧克力,那能得到巧克力牛奶吗?
Forney,if you feed a cow chocolate,will you get chocolate milk?
当然了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!