妈咪
[Screaming] – Mommy!
过来 到这边来
[Rosita] Come here! Come here!
[Screaming Continues]
阿美里克斯 过来
Americus,come here!
[Screaming Continues]
撑着点 娜薇莉 我抓住你了
Hold on,Novalee! I’ve got you!
呆在那儿,阿美里克斯. – 阿美里克斯,快回去
Stay here,Americus! – Americus,stay back!
孩子们 别过来
Kids,get back!
别动,阿美里克斯. – 抓好
Americus! – Hang on!
快回去,宝贝- 阿美里克斯,不要
Get back,baby! – Americus,no!
[Whimpering]
不要. – 妈咪!
No! – Mommy!
死亡亲友 修女赫斯本 ( Shutter Clicking )
[Shutter Clicking]
妈咪 你看
Look,Mommy.
我实在不明白,为什么沃尔玛不重新开张了?
[Lexie] I still don’t know why they couldn’t reopen the Wal-Mart here.
结构受损太严重. – 但是去波托 我们就见不到你了
Too much structural damage. – Well,livin’ in Poteau,we’ll never see you.
他们要在那里开新店,我要去了,莱茜
That’s where they built the new store. I gotta go,Lexie.
我还能做什么呢?我得赚钱养家.
What else can I do? I’ve gotta make a living.
这个人在哪呢?我们怎么见面呢? – 快点,宝贝.
So where’s this guy we’re supposed to meet? – Come on,honey.
他在哪里?
Where is he?
我们来早了. – 妈咪,我能玩吗?
We’re still early. – Mommy,can I play?
好吧,只能几分钟,我们等下就要走了
Yeah,you can play for a couple of minutes,honey,but then we have to go.
一辆拖车. – 嗯哼?
A trailer. – Hmm?
在波托我就是租拖车过日子.
The place I rented in Poteau. It’s got wheels under it.
佛尼昨晚打电♥话♥给我.- 佛尼
Forney called me last night. – Forney?
我猜他姐姐从窗摔下来了,或者是别的什么
I figured his sister fell out a window or somethin’.
他问我能不能在医院帮你谋个职位.我说
He asked me if I could find you a job at the hospital,and I said,
哦,天啊,佛尼,是像周末脑科大夫一类的职位么?
“Oh,gee,Forney,as what,brain surgeon on weekends?”
那小子根本不想让你搬去波托
[Chuckles] – That boy does not want you to move to Poteau.
可能只是他超级喜欢阿美里克斯吧
It’s just he’s so crazy about Americus.
哦,你饶了我吧
Oh,give me a break.
他是喜欢阿美里克斯.- 佛尼爱上你了
He is. – Forney is in love with you.
别跟我说你不知道
Tell me you don’t know that.
我们真的不像你想的那样
It’s just not like that with me and Forney.
我看得出来 他爱你
I have seen him. He loves you.
他爱你走路的样子 你的头发
He loves the way you walk. He loves your hair.
他爱你的一切
He loves everything about you.
佛尼跟我 不是你想的那样
Forney and me… we’re just not that way.
佛尼跟我们不一样
Forney’s different from us.
他上过大学 家庭富有
He went to college. His family had money.
你到底想说什么?
What are you tryin’ to say,
你难道配不上他?
that you’re not good enough for him?
[Horn Honks]
不知道他想要做什么
I wonder what he wants.
我不知道,昨晚他打电♥话♥来约我见面
I wouldn’t know. He just called me last night and asked to meet me.
我告诉过他我要搬出这个城镇,但他坚持要见我
And I told him I was goin’ out of town,but he still wanted to.
纳森小姐.-她才是
Miss Nation. – Uh-uh. Her.
嗨,我是雷. – 嗨
Hi. I’m Ray. – Hi.
修女常在聚会时提到你
Well,Sister spoke of you often at the meetings.
哦,你们都是…- 戒酒会成员,是的,女士.
Oh,both of you were al… – Alcoholics,yes,ma’am.
雷,你过去叫什么来着…- 你都在晚上打电♥话♥来
Ray? You used to call in… – Call in the middle of the night.
修女就来帮我收拾烂摊子.抱歉
And Sister would come and pick my sorry ass up… excuse me…
我老在酒吧烂醉如泥
in whatever sleazy beerjoint I happened to be passed out in.
她从未放弃过我.即使在我被剥夺律师资格的时候
[Sighs] She never gave up on me,even after I got disbarred.
你知道么,有次我走进法庭,弄错了人,竟然辩护错了对象.
You know,I once went into court and started defendin’ the wrong person.
无论如何
[Laughing] Anyway,
是她帮助我,改善人生
she’s the one who helped me turn it all around…
让我重新拿回律师执照
get my license back.
喔,所有的东西都在这了. – 这是什么?
Well,everything’s in here. – What is?
修女的遗产. – 遗产?
It’s Sister’s estate. – Estate?
对,她把一切都留给了你
Yeah,she left it all to you.
土地,拖车保险,家具,生活保险
The land,the insurance on the trailer and contents,life insurance,
还有她祖父在1909年,从科曼切买♥♥的石油股票
even some old oil stock her grandfather bought from the Comanches back in 1909.
总共价值四万一
Comes to about $41,000. – [Gasps]
抱歉
[Spits] Sorry.
[Chuckling]
∮ I’m gonna shake my soul ∮
∮ And release my hold ∮
∮ Givin’ up control ∮
∮ And let the rest unfold [∮
∮ ‘Cause it’s a long,long way from here ∮
– ∮ To where we go ∮ – [Kids Shouting]
布朗尼,别把你的妹妹套住了
Brownie! Brownie,do not lasso your sister!
∮ Take off the training wheels ∮
∮ Lift off the handle bars ∮
∮ I’ll drive right through my fears ∮
∮ And resurrect my heart ∮
斯柏克先生.我还是觉得不安
Mr. Sprock,I still don’t feel right about this.
我觉得修女的东西应该留给你
I feel like some of what Sister had should be yours.
我唯一想要的东西,我已经得到了…那张老式的餐桌(淫乱的地方)
The only thing I wanted I got… that old kitchen table.
那里有很多美好回忆
A lot of fine memories.
好吧
All right.
∮ I’m gonna shake my soul ∮
∮ And release my hold ∮
∮ I’m givin’ up control ∮
∮ I let the rest unfold ∮
∮ ‘Cause it’s a long,long way ∮
∮ It’s a long,long way ∮
∮ From here to where we go ∮
[music][Blues]
我认为露丝·迈耶斯和我的合作只能走这么远了
I just think that Ruth Meyers has went about as far as she can with me.
我脑子里一直有个念头,我现在面临瓶颈,我要有所突破
My head just keeps buttin’ against the ceilin’,and I wanna break through.
而你就是那个伯乐.强尼戴索多,上帝的使者
And you’re the guy. You’e Johnny Desoto,for Christ’s sake.
你有权势人脉. – 喔哦
You got the clout. – Well,
我想说的是,我认为你的精力早该从那首”心跳的声音”转移了
I will say I thought you’d pick up a little more momentum off of “Beat of a Heart.”
那是当然,都是八个月以前的事了.
Exactly. That was eight months ago.
现在我还在圣达菲这种该死的三流俱乐部里面表演
Here I am in Santa-friggin’-Fe still playin’ to damn clubs.
狗屎,我得去准备了. 我还有表演
Shit. I gotta go get ready. I got a show.
你跟露丝·迈耶斯有签约吧
You and Ruth Meyers got some kind of a contract?
我只是想警告你,露丝·迈耶斯是个强有力的同盟
I just wanna warn you. Ruth Meyers could be a powerful ally,
她是那种可怕的对手
but she makes a hell of an enemy.
你和她扯上了,没人敢接触你
You mess with her,and nobody’ll touch you.
强尼,露丝·迈耶斯没那么大能耐.你别开玩笑了
Johnny,Ruth Meyers ain’t got that kind of clout. Come on.
( Elevator Bell Dings )
[Elevator Bell Dings]
[Applause]
本年度冬季摄影比赛柯达一等奖得主
And the winner of this year’s Kodak first prize,
是大西南地区的
for the greater Southwest area,
她来自俄克拉荷马的塞阔雅郡
she’s from Sequoyah,Oklahoma.
让我们为娜薇莉·纳森小姐鼓掌
How ’bout a real big hand for Miss Novalee Nation?
娜薇莉 恭喜你 太棒了
Novalee,congratulations. Way to go.
这张相片是用禄莱福莱双反相机
I shot this picture with a Rollei twin lens Reflex at F-4…
光圈f4 快门1/25秒的曝光时间所拍摄的
using A.S.A. 125.
我拍相…是为了纪念我的一个非常亲近的朋友
I took it… I took it to remember a very dear friend.
她给我了那棵幸运树,在我走投无路时
She gave me that tree,and then she took me in…
收留了我跟我的孩子
when me and my baby had no place else in the world to go.
比起在俄克拉荷马舒适的家
And I would rather be livin’ again with her in that trailer…
我宁愿她活过来和她住在拖车里.
than in the finest house in Oklahoma.
谢谢
Thank you. – [Applause]
[Giggling]
好的,耐心点,我们基本上到了
All right. Hold on. We’re almost there.
那是谁啊? – 什么谁?
Who’s that? – Who’s what?
那位
There’s a lady.
露丝·迈耶斯
Ruth Meyers.
你,出去
You,out.
你结婚了吗?
Are you married?
跟她? – 出去
To her? – Out.
我想走的时候自然会出去
I will leave when I am good and ready.
[Grunts,Moans]
说吧,怎么回事?
[Door Slams] – So,how’s it goin’?
我接到阿尔伯克基城一个律师的电♥话♥
So,I got a call from an attorney down in Albuquerque.
如果是跟那女孩有关的…
Well,hell,if this is about that girl…
是跟一个汤米·雷诺的的男的有关的
It’s about a guy named Tommy Reynolds.
谁. – 别想骗我
Who? – Don’t lie to me!
天啊,好吧.汤米·雷诺,怎么了?
God! All right. Tommy Reynolds. What?
他说他是你监狱里的狱友. – 所以呢?
He says he was your cellmate in prison. – So?
他说,”心跳的声音”这首歌♥是他写的
He says he wrote “Beat of a Heart.”
简直一派胡言
That is such bullshit.
那首歌♥是我写的,他只是卖♥♥了把吉他给我,仅此而已.
I wrote that song. He sold me his damn guitar. That’s it.
我早就失去那首歌♥的著作权了
I got the crap kicked out of me for writin’ that song.
混帐
Shit!
我们打算怎么办呢? – 什么?
What are we gonna do? What…
我们该怎么办.我们什么也做不了.
What are we gonna do? We ain’t gonna do nothin’.
或许强尼戴索多可以帮你
Maybe Johnny Desoto will help you out.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!