You’ll find that there is none.
此外,你会听到,有一个很好的机会
Furthermore, you are going to hear
that there’s a good chance
没有人谋杀蔡斯 · 安德鲁斯被告克拉克小姐,
no one murdered Chase Andrews
and that the defendant, Miss Clark,
发现自己在这里,因为责怪外人更容易
finds herself here because it is easier
to lay blame on an outsider
而不是依靠事实。
than it is to rely on facts.
虽然她出生长大的地方离这个法庭不到五英里,
And although she was born and grew up
not five miles from this courtroom,
克拉克小姐是个局外人。
Miss Clark is an outsider.
哦。
Oh.
嗨。
Hi.
是我,塔特。
It’s me. Tate.
苔原天鹅。
Tundra swan.
你怎么知道鸟的?-我妈喜欢鸟。
How do you know birds?
– My ma liked birds.
我看不清你的字条。
I can’t read your note.
我只是说我钓鱼的时候见过你几次,
Oh, all I said was I’d seen you
a couple times when I was out fishing,
这让我想到也许你可以用一些种子和火花塞。
and it got me thinking that maybe
you could use some seeds and a spark plug.
我有多余的,我想这样你就不用去镇上了。
I had extra.
Thought it might save you a trip to town.
我不知道,我觉得你会喜欢这些羽毛。
And, uh, I don’t know,
I figured you’d like the feathers.
那好吧。
All right, then.
那好吧。
All right, then.
我得走了,所以..。
Well, I better be going, so…
我可以教你识字。
I could teach you to read.
我想你也可以同时学习写作。
I thought you may as well learn
to write at the same time.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
很好,我们从 A 开始。
Good. Okay, so we start with A.
把这个形状画在这里。
Just go ahead
and draw that shape right there.
别告诉我。
Don’t tell me.
差不多了。
You’re getting there.
别帮我-当然,我有一整天的时间。
Don’t help me.
– Sure. I got all day.
“有些人可以活下去
“There are some who can live
没有野生动物,逗号♥,
without wild things, comma,
而有些人则无能为力。”
and some who cannot.”
这就是我说的,Kya!
That’s what I’m talking about, Kya. Whoo!
再也不会有你不识字的时候了。
And there will never be a time again
where you can’t read, ever.
我不知道语言能承受这么多。
I didn’t know words could hold so much.
不是所有的话都那么有说服力。
Not all words hold that much.
我们可以找个时间在我家看书。
We could read at my house sometime.
我们翻遍了整个图书馆。
We went through the whole library.
一周三次,夏天到秋天。
Three times a week, summer into fall.
阅读植物和动物是如何随着时间而变化的
Read how plants
and animals change over time
来适应不断变化的地球。
to adjust to the ever-shifting earth.
鸟儿是如何在黎明时分因为清晨凉爽潮湿的空气而歌♥唱的呢
How birds sing mostly at dawn
because the cool, moist air of morning
把他们的歌♥声和意义带到更远的地方。
carries their songs
and their meanings much farther.
一些细胞是如何分♥裂♥并分化成肺或心脏的
How some cells divide
and specialize into lungs or hearts
而另一些则作为干细胞保持不定期
while others remain uncommitted
as stem cells
以防以后需要。
in case they’re needed later.
在所有的生物学世界里。
Within all the worlds of biology…
我在寻找一个母亲为什么要离开自己的孩子的解释。
I searched for an explanation of why
a mother would leave her offspring.
杰克逊・亨利・克拉克先生
“Mr. Jackson Henry Clark
1933年6月12日与朱丽安 · 玛丽亚 · 雅克小姐结婚
married Miss Julienne Maria Jacques,
June 12, 1933.”
也就是说他们是我的父母。
That means these are my parents.
“杰里米 · 安德鲁 · 克拉克大♥师♥,一月二日”
“Master Jeremy Andrew Clark, January 2.”
那是朱迪。
That’s Jodie.
纳比尔 · 墨菲 · 克拉克大♥师♥,玛丽 · 海伦 · 克拉克小姐,
“Master Napier Murphy Clark,
Miss Mary Helen Clark,
凯瑟琳 · 丹妮尔 · 克拉克小姐”
Miss Catherine Danielle Clark.”
我想念他们。
I miss them.
我..。
I had, um…
我都忘了。
I had forgot how much…
我感觉他们不在这里。
I feel them not here.
但是..。
But…
我感觉他们现在不在这里。
I feel them not here right now.
我是说..。
I mean…
有时候我觉得自己像隐形人。
Sometimes I feel so invisible…
我不知道我是否还在这里。
I wonder if I’m here at all.
你才是。
You are.
抱歉我迟到了-来吧,帮我一把。
Sorry I’m late.
– Come on. Give me a hand.
儿子,你知道我不听空谈。
Son, you know I don’t listen to idle talk.
但是流言四起
But there is a regular riptide
of gossip going around
你和那个沼泽女孩有一腿。
you got something going on
with that Marsh Girl.
嘿,你知道你可以告诉我任何事。
Hey, you know you can tell me anything.
她是你女朋友?-她是我朋友。
She your girlfriend?
– She’s my friend.
我把她的书带来,因为人们对她很恶劣,她不能去上学。
I bring her books ’cause people are
so nasty to her, she can’t go to school.
她没有家人。
She doesn’t have any family.
嘿,别这样,没必要这么生气。
Hey. Come on. There’s no need to be huffy.
我的工作就是说出所有我们不喜欢谈论的事情,
It’s my job to say all the things
that we don’t like to talk about,
我不能给你很多其他爸爸能给他们儿子的东西。
and I can’t give you a lot of things
those other dads can give their sons.
所以我问你。
So I’m asking you.
小心点。
Just be careful.
你为之努力奋斗的一切你去教堂山的梦想。
Everything you’ve worked so hard for,
your dreams of going to Chapel Hill…
生活瞬息万变。
Life can change in a second.
你明白吗?
You understand that?
是的。
Yeah.
现在把音乐开大声点,好吗? 来吧。
Now turn up my music, would you? Come on.
是普契尼,如果你想知道的话。
It’s Puccini, in case you’re wondering.
一个年轻女孩独自生活看起来很不道德,你不觉得吗?
A young girl living on her own
like that looks immoral, don’t you think?
不,先生,我不知道,想一想。
No, sir. I don’t. Think, that is.
至少不够,问问我老婆就知道了。
At least not enough. Just ask my wife.
有一些很好的教♥养♥院♥可以帮助年轻女性
There are some fine group homes
that would help keep a young woman
摆脱麻烦。
out of trouble.
他们说她经常来这里。
They say she comes in here
from time to time.
我的确时不时会见到她。
I do see her from time to time.
她不是一个人,还有她父亲陪着。
She’s not alone.
She’s got her father with her.
我从没见过任何人回家。
Well, I’ve never seen anybody home
all the times I’ve been by.
她通常什么时候来?
When does she usually come around?
我不知道她什么时候会来。
I never know
just when she’ll boat in here.
下次她来的时候让她给我打电♥话♥。
Have her call me next time she comes in.
你没理由对我撒谎吧,小子?
You don’t have any reason
to lie to me, do you, boy?
完全没有理由,先生。
No reason at all, sir.
我们得去别的地方见面-嗨 Kya 很高兴见到你。
We gotta meet somewhere else.
– Hi, Kya. Good to see you too.
社会福利署又在找我了。
Social Services are looking for me again.
他们会把我关进教♥养♥院♥。
They’re gonna pull me in,
put me in some group home.
当你看到别人时,向他们打招呼是有礼貌的。
It’s polite to greet people
when you see them.
你知道,团体之家也许不是最糟糕的事。
You know, a group home
might not be the worst thing.
什么? 不,不,你会让别人给你做饭。
What? No, no. You’d have
someone cooking you warm meals.
真正的床-我有一张真正的床。
Real bed.
– I got a real bed.
另外,我绝不会离开沼泽去和一群陌生人住在一起。
‘Sides, I’d never leave the marsh
to go live with a bunch of strangers.
是“除此之外”不是“边”
It’s “besides,” not “‘sides.”
你不能永远一个人住在沼泽里。
And you can’t live alone
in the marsh forever.
看我的。
Watch me.
好吧。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!