我现在在非洲 非洲是我的家
Yeah, I’m in Africa. Yeah, Africa’s my home.
我不管该死的美国人会怎么想
Damn America and what America thinks.
我生活在美国 但非洲才是黑人的家乡
I live in America, but Africa’s the home of the Black man.
四百年前我也是黑奴
I was a slave 400 years ago
我要回家和我的兄弟并肩战斗
and I’m going back home to fight among my brothers! Yeah!
对于这两个非裔美国人来说
‘For these two African-Americans
回到家乡 意义非凡
‘to come home was of great, great significance.
受好莱坞和电视熏陶
‘Because of Hollywood and TV
美国人都厌恶非洲
‘a lot of us had been taught to hate Africa.’
如果你说一个黑人是非洲人 他会揍你的
Once, if you called a Black person African they’d be ready to fight.
一见面我们就会大打出手 一山不容二虎
‘When I get to Africa we’ll get it on because we don’t get along!’
我要生吞了他
I’m gonna eat him up!
他可没见过我风驰电掣的出拳
Too much speed for him! Too fast! Too fast!
我要把世界重量级拳王打退役!
I’m gonna retire the heavyweight champion of the world!
我要把重量级拳王打退役!
I’m gonna retire the heavyweight champion!
9月25日 世界将为之一震
September 25th the world’ll be stunned!
接着说 阿里
Tell ’em, Ali!
你以为尼克松辞职是惊世新闻
If you think the world was surprised when Nixon resigned
等我打败福尔曼的
wait till I kick Foreman’s behind!
制♥作♥
列昂·格斯特 (<曼尼>)
泰勒·海克福德 (<灵魂歌♥王> )
David Sonenberg
制片
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·阿里
(61场56胜5负37KO)
主演
一代拳王
18岁的业余拳击冠军 面带英俊笑容
‘An 18-year-old amateur champion with a charming smile
在第一次职业比赛前 做身体♥检♥查
‘took a physical examination for his first professional fight.’
乔治·福尔曼
(81场76胜5负68KO)
这会是场恶战
It won’t be an easy fight
我击打Alex Miteff的拳路
but my plan of attack on a fighter like Alex Miteff
将是两个左刺拳
would be two fast left jabs,
紧接一个右勾拳 再一个左勾拳
a rapid right cross and a left hook.
在比(利时)属刚果
‘But in the Belgian Congo,
独♥立♥后 国家陷入暴♥乱♥和军人哗变
‘freedom was followed by rioting and an army mutiny.
詹姆斯·布朗
(非洲裔美国歌♥手 “灵魂乐教父”)
几个月里 政♥治♥格局瞬息万变
‘For months, the political pattern kept changing
(B·B·金 布鲁斯音乐家)
直到亲共总理卢蒙巴被捕
‘until pro-Red Premier Lumumba was seized
蒙博托上校上台 (“典型的非洲独♥裁♥者”)
‘by the forces of strongman Colonel Mobutu.’
扎伊尔(1965-1997间刚果的国名)总统
蒙博托·塞塞·塞科
在看过Mike和Eddie的比赛后
After watching Mike DeJohn and Eddie Machen,
我想我在拳击界排第二
I would rate myself number two.
我要打破弗洛伊德·帕特森的记录
I’m out to break Floyd Patterson’s record
(帕特森21岁获金腰带 泰森20岁)
今天是1月27日 我20岁的生日
and this being my 20th birthday, today, January 17th,
只剩下一年的时间了
that leaves me exactly one year
to reach my goal.
斯派克·李(<为所应为><黑潮>)
诺曼·梅勒和乔治·普林顿担任解说
有人说我狂妄自大 太欠揍
People do say I’m cocky,
some say I need a good whuppin’,
说我口无遮拦
some say I talk too much,
但是我说到做到
but anything that I say,
I’m willing to back up.
阿里粉丝团
我曾经预言
The other night I predicted
第四回合击倒Banks(1962) 我确实做到了
that I would knock out Banks
in four rounds and I did.
我四回合击倒了Don Warner(1962)
I knocked out Don Warner
Logan也在第四回合趴下了(1962)
and I just annihilated
George Logan in four rounds.
非洲艺人
联合制片人
制片
列昂·格斯特
你可以少说些狠话
‘Close your mouth
and keep it closed.’
-那不可能 -低调一点
– That’s impossible.
– Keep it closed.
我最牛逼 没有人是我的对手
I’m the greatest
and I’m knocking out all bums.
你在我面前也要小心点
And if you get too smart
I’ll knock you out.
(三K党)
导演
列昂·格斯特
你准备挑战Sonny Liston的金腰带吗
‘You’d take him on
before the fight?’
我会像他爸一样揍他
Beat him like I’m his daddy.
我前几天遇见Sonny Liston
I saw Sonny Liston a few days ago.
不觉得他丑吗
Ain’t he ugly?
我年轻 英俊
I’m young, I’m handsome,
我够快 够帅 不可能被击败
I’m fast, I’m pretty
and can’t possibly be beat.
克莱(阿里原名) VS. Liston 第一场
196♥4♥-02-25
卡修斯·克莱(阿里)
Cassius Clay
goes into the record book
这场惊人的挑战胜利
with Corbett, Tunney and Braddock,
可以载入重量级的史册
bringing off another great upset
in heavyweight history.
面对乔治·福尔曼 我毫无惧色
It is befitting that I leave
the game just like I came in,
这个大家伙把所有对手都打倒了
beating a big bad monster
who knocks out everybody
(华道夫-阿斯多里亚酒店)
就像没人能驯服他
and no one can whup him.
(纽约 1974年9月)
还记得被我打败的Sonny Liston吧
When little Cassius Clay
stopped Sonny Liston,
他两次击倒弗洛伊德·帕特森
the man who annihilated
Floyd Patterson twice.
他妄言要杀了我
He was gonna kill me!
他出拳可比乔治重
But he hit harder than George.
他臂展比乔治长 乔治可没他出色
His reach is longer,
he’s a better boxer
而我可比跟Sonny Liston对决时强壮多了
and I’m better now than when you saw
that kid running from Sonny Liston.
也更有经验 更专业
I’m experienced now, professional.
我下巴脱过臼 也被击倒过 我可不好惹
Jaw’s been broke, been knocked down
a couple of times, I’m bad!
我练习砍树 尝试新的训练方式
Been chopping trees,
I done something new.
我和鳄鱼摔跤
– I wrestled with an alligator.
没错 我和鳄鱼摔跤
That’s right,
I have wrestled with an alligator!
我扭打鲸鱼 拷问闪电 将惊雷投进监狱
I tussled with a whale. I handcuffed
lightning, thrown thunder in jail!
够绝了! 就在上周我击碎了岩石
That’s bad!
Only last week I murdered a rock!
击伤了石块 把砖头送进了医院
Injured a stone!
Hospitalised a brick!
-我凶残到让药物失效 -你屌♥爆了!
– I’m so mean I make medicine sick!
– Bad dude!
够坏 够快
Bad, fast!
快极了 昨晚我起身关卧室的灯
Fast! Fast! Last night,
cut the light off in my bedroom,
拍下开关 灯黑前 我已经回到了床上
hit the switch and was in the bed
before the room was dark!
-难以置信 -就是快
– Incredible.
– Fast!
等我教训了他 不服气的人都没好下场
You, George Foreman, all you chumps
are gonna bow when I whup him!
你认为乔治胜算大 但这次他有麻烦了
All of you! I know you got him picked
but the man’s in trouble!
让你看看我有多强大
I’m gonna show you how great I am!
我认为阿里那时已经胆怯了
I think Ali was scared.
I think he was scared even then.
(诺曼·梅勒 两度获普利策奖)
而且愈临近比赛他愈惊慌
He knew he was gonna be very scared
as he got closer to the fight.
你们知道乔治的打法
You know the way George fights.
他在我面前就是具木乃伊
George comes out…
“I made him the mummy!”
在自负的支撑下 他坚信能主宰福尔曼
‘With his ego he could tell
himself he would dominate Foreman,
让福尔曼出丑 让他不能近身
‘make a fool of him, that Foreman
would never lay a glove on him.’
但当他躺在床上时就会想
But in fact, in his sleep
or wherever his private moment came
自己击败弗雷泽和诺顿时有多艰难
he knew that he had not done as well
against two fighters particularly,
而这两个对手都曾被福尔曼完虐
Joe Frazier and Ken Norton,
whom Foreman had demolished.
弗雷泽被击倒了!
Down goes Frazier!
Down goes Frazier!
(乔治·福尔曼 VS. 乔·弗雷泽 1973)
裁判在给拳王数秒
The heavyweight champion
is taking the mandatory eight count
福尔曼真够狠毒!
and Foreman is as poised as can be!
福尔曼要结束比赛了!
Foreman is going about his job!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!