这是开往纽约的公共汽车。
This bus leaving for New York.
免费交通进城。
Free transportation right into the city.
好了,到纽约这边来。
All right, right this way for New York.
这辆车是去纽约的。
This bus going to New York.
听着,如果我们快点,还能赶上那辆车。
Look, if we hurry we can make that bus.
好吧。
All right.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
这辆车是去纽约的。
This bus going to New York.
先生,夏加尔先生。
Monsieur, Monsieur Chagal.
你在这里做什么?
Well, what are you doing here?
哦,先生,你安全了。
Oh, Monsieur, you’re safe.
我整晚都在找你。
I looked for you all night.
我发现了你的车,我以为发生了什么可怕的事。
I found your car and I thought something dreadful might’ve happened.
不,我们没事。
No, we’re all right.
你呢?
What about you?
我从来没出过什么事,先生。
Oh, nothing ever happens to me, Monsieur.
但是。
But.
哦。
Oh.
他们什么时候来的?
When did they come?
大约半小时前。
About half an hour ago.
昨晚我给你公♥寓♥打过电♥话♥。
I tried to telephone you last night at your apartment.
没关系。
That’s all right.
我马上就来。
I’ll come right away.
很好,先生。
Very good, Monsieur.
这辆车是去纽约的。
This bus going to New York.
免费运输。
Free transportation.
海伦,我失陪一下好吗?
Helen, will you excuse me a moment?
你的妻子吗?
Your wife?
是的。
Yes.
我昨晚就想告诉你。
I tried to tell you last night.
我知道。
I know.
我不会让你这么做的。
I wouldn’t let you.
没关系。
It’s all right.
你愿意来见见她吗?
Will you come and meet her?
不。
No.
你走吧。
You run along.
她可能很担心。
She’s probably worried.
在这儿等着,好吗?
Wait here, will you?
我马上就回来。
I’ll be right back.
他们在哪里?
Where are they?
这边请,先生。
Right this way, Monsieur.
这辆车是去纽约的。
This bus going to New York.
免费运输。
Free transportation.
来吧,你们两个,好吗。
Come on, two of you, all right.
把另一辆车开进来。
Bring in that other bus.
来吧。
Come on with it.
有什么问题吗?
What’s the trouble?
路在前面大约半英里处。
The road is out about a half mile ahead.
有可能打通吗?
Any chance of getting through?
看来我们要等很长时间了。
It looks like we’re in for a good long wait.
如果你们想出去活动活动,你们有的是时间。
If you people wanna get out and stretch, you’ll have plenty of time.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
我想知道这附近有没有电♥话♥。
I wonder if there’s a telephone around here.
你可以去那些商店试试,但我怀疑是否会有人排队。
You might try one of those stores but I doubt if there’s a line through.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
海伦。
Helen.
失陪一下,好吗?
Excuse me a minute, would you.
你为什么要逃跑?
Why did you run away?
这似乎是唯一的办法。
It seemed the only thing to do.
我不太擅长演戏。
I’m not very good at scenes.
你不觉得你至少欠我一个解释的机会吗?
Don’t you think you at least owe me a chance to explain?
有什么好解释的?
What is there to explain?
我去乡下旅行了。
I took a trip to the country.
我度过了一段激动人心的时光。
I had a marvelous exciting time.
现在一切都结束了,就这样。
Now it’s over, that’s all.
不,不是的,你知道的。
No, it isn’t and you know it.
哦,Philip。
Oh, Philip.
是吗?
Yes?
他们说如果我们走北路,到那儿的机会大得多。
They say we have a much better chance of getting there if we take the north road.
好吧,我们试试。
All right, we’ll try.
哦,贝蒂。
Oh, Betty.
我是劳伦斯小姐。
This is Miss Lawrence.
那个和我一起被困在教堂里的年轻女士。
The young lady who was stranded with me in the church.
你好!
How do you do?
我是杜蒙太太。
This is Mrs. Dumont.
你好!
How do you do?
我们能载你一程吗?
Can’t we give you a lift?
哦,我不这么认为,谢谢。
Oh, I don’t think so, thank you.
哦,来吧。
Oh, please, come.
谁也不知道你会被困在这里多久。
There’s no telling how long you may be stranded here.
你真是太好了,但是巴士。
Oh, that’s very kind of you but the buses are.
哦,请一起来。
Oh, please come along.
这是我妻子。
This is my wife.
玛德琳,这是劳伦斯小姐。
Madeleine, This is Miss Lawrence.
你好!
How do you do?
你坐在后面。
You sit in the back.
是的,进去吧。
Yes, go right in there.
好吧,走吧。
All right, go.
你住在纽约吗,劳伦斯小姐?
Do you live in New York, Miss Lawrence?
是的。
Yes.
哦,我看到车在动。
Oh, I see the cars are moving.
你在暴风雨中一定有过可怕的经历。
You must have had a dreadful experience during the storm.
我吓得要死。
I was scared to death.
是你吗?
Were you?
哦,我喜欢暴风雨。
Oh, I love storms.
我喜欢打雷和闪电。
I like the thunder and lightning.
但是他们不让我吃,他们说吃了对我不好。
But they won’t let me have them, they say they’re bad for me.
玛德琳。
Madeleine.
哦,但是,那是因为我们不喜欢你让自己兴奋,亲爱的。
Oh, but, that’s because we don’t like you to excite yourself, dear.
玛德琳最近身体不太好。
Madeleine hasn’t been very well lately.
你不该大老远跑到这儿来的,亲爱的。
You shouldn’t have come all the way down here, dear.
你给自己太大压力了。
You’ve put such a strain on yourself.
我就是这么告诉她的,但她坚持要来。
That’s what I told her but she insisted upon coming.
但我现在没事了,妈妈。
But I’m all right now, mother.
真的。
Really I am.
只是当他们告诉我我不能做的事情时,我感觉很糟糕。
It’s just when they tell me I can’t do things that I feel badly.
我们上一个护士真是个傻瓜。
That last nurse we had was such a fool.
她以为她能阻止我做一些事。
She thought she could stop me from doing things.
她甚至把我当小孩一样喂我吃我不喜欢吃的东西。
She even fed me things I didn’t like as if I were a child.
我不是小孩子了。
I’m not a child.
我曾经有过一个孩子。
I had a child once.
我不是有个孩子吗?
Didn’t I have a child?
是的,亲爱的。
Yes, dear.
他们不想让我下来找菲利普。
They didn’t want me to come down here to look for Philip.
但我从窗台上爬了出去,就再也没回来。
But I got out on a window ledge, and I didn’t come back.
然后他们就让我去了。
Then they let me.
他们以为我会摔倒。
They thought I’d fall.
但我并不害怕。
But I wasn’t afraid.
哦,亲爱的,你看起来很累。
Oh, dear, you look tired, dear.
躺下,保持安静。
Lie back and be quiet.
谢谢你载我一程。
Thank you so much for the lift.
一点也不。
Not at all.
等你玛德琳感觉好些了,你一定要来看我们。
You must come to see us sometime when Madeleine is feeling better.
再见。
Goodbye.
——再见。——再见。
– Goodbye. – Goodbye.
我只要一分钟。
I’ll only be a minute.
很抱歉事情发展成这样。
I’m sorry it had to happen this way.
我必须再见到你。
I must see you again.
你最好不要。
You’d better not.