太暖和了。
It’s too warm.
吃点晚饭?
A little bite of supper?
不,谢谢。
No, thanks.
嗯,我们走着去好吗?
Well, shall we walk?
喂,你是谁?
Say, who are you?
哦,对不起。
Oh, I’m sorry.
菲利普·安德烈·皮埃尔·夏加尔。
Philip Andre Pierre Chagal.
好。
Well.
你的名字还真多啊。
Fairly oozing with names aren’t you.
我是一个非常棒的婴儿每个人都想把他的名字挂在我身上。
Well, I was such a wonderful baby that everyone wanted to hang his name on me.
哦。
Oh.
这还是解释不了你是怎么参加今晚的会议的。
That still doesn’t explain how you got in that meeting tonight.
我已经告诉过你了。
I have told you.
我有工会卡。
I have a union card.
看到了吗?
See?
-哦,钢琴手?——嗯。
– Oh, a piano player? – Uh-huh.
你在哪里玩?
Where are you playing?
我现在哪儿也不玩。
I’m not playing anywhere right now.
哦。
Oh.
没有工作吗?
No job?
没有工作。
No job.
你在哪里玩?
Where have you been playing?
哦,这里和那里。
Oh, here and there.
波士顿,费城,华盛顿,芝加哥。
Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago.
但是没有稳定的,是吧?
But nothing steady, huh?
不稳定。
Nothing steady.
哦,那太糟糕了。
Oh, that’s too bad.
我从没想过你会是工会成员。
I never would have take you for a union man.
没有?
No?
直到今晚,我都非常不喜欢工会。
Well, until tonight I disliked unions intensely.
你为什么加入这个组织?
What did you join one for?
如果我不这么做,我就得自己搬钢琴了。
Well, if I hadn’t, I would have had to move my own piano.
这就是当今世界的问题所在。
That’s the trouble with the world today.
每个人都想弹钢琴,没有人想移♥动♥钢琴。
Everybody wants to do the playing and nobody wants to move the piano.
让路!
Give way!
哦。
Oh.
哦。
Oh.
你是想把我推进罐子里吗?
What’s the idea of pushing me into the can?
哦,怎么了?
Oh, what’s the matter?
你受伤了吗?
Did you hurt yourself?
是啊,我被裤子绊倒了。
Yeah, I tripped on my pants.
你被裤子绊倒了?
You tripped on your pants?
嗯,它们有点长,不是吗?
Well, they are kind of long aren’t they.
你知道,你的车看起来不错。
That’s a fine looking car you’ve got, you know.
是的,车还好,但是引擎确实很糟糕。
Yeah, the car is okay but the engine sure is crummy.
你就不能用绳子把他们拉得好一点吗?
Can’t you hold them up with that rope a little better?
用一只手把它们举起来,就像这样。
Hold them up with one hand, like that, see.
然后用另一只推。
And then push with the other.
你能打败街上所有的车。
Oh, you’ll beat every car on the street.
下次我要用我妹妹的时候,她可没裤子。
Next time I’m gonna use my sister, she ain’t got no pants.
今天的完美象征。
A perfect symbol of today.
所以如何?
How so?
资本主义在乘风破浪,而工人却在裤子掉了的情况下奋力前行。
Capitalism taking a ride and labor pushing with his pants falling down.
这样一个漂亮的脑袋怎么会有这样的想法呢?
How can such ideas come out of such a pretty head?
当你出生在我这一边时,你就会白白地得到这些想法。
When you’re born on my side of the fence, you get those ideas for nothing.
这是什么?
What is this?
东河27号♥码头。
Pier 27, East River.
在像今晚这样温暖的夜晚,这是一个你可以呼吸到新鲜空气的地方。
On a warm night like tonight it’s the one place you can get a breath of fresh air.
这让我想起了威尼斯。
It reminds me of Venice.
那边是布鲁克林。
That’s Brooklyn on the other side.
我喜欢它。
I like it.
可能有点挤,但下面有什么?
A little crowded maybe, but what’s down there?
只是一个登陆台。
Just a landing pier.
你不怕掉下来吗?
Aren’t you afraid you’ll fall off?
我又有什么损失呢?
What have I got to lose?
他说得对。
He is right.
你抓到什么了吗,孩子?
Did you catch anything, sonny?
你在抓鱼吗?
Are you trying to catch a fish?
不,是另一只鞋。
No, the other shoe.
你今晚为什么跟踪我?
Why did you follow me tonight?
嗯?
Huh?
你怎么碰巧找我麻烦了?
How did you happen to pick on me?
我没有挑你的毛病。
I didn’t pick on you.
是的,你说了。
Yes, you did.
你一见到我就叫我给你伺候。
As soon as you saw me you asked me to wait on your table.
那是因为,她叫什么来着,露露,给不了我想要的。
Oh, but that was because, what’s her name, Lulu, couldn’t give me what I wanted.
哦?
Oh?
而且,我想听你唱歌♥。
And besides, I wanted to hear you sing.
她也告诉你了吗?
Did she tell you that too?
是的,她说你的声音很好听。
Yes, she said you had a lovely voice.
你刚来纽约的时候就想做点什么。
And that when you first came to New York you wanted to do something about it.
我回家后要闷死她。
I’m gonna smother her when I get home.
不,不,不,请不要。
No, no, no, please don’t.
我该怎么做才能得到你的信息?
What would I do for information about you?
谁知道呢。
Who knows.
如果你有耐心,改天我会亲自告诉你一些事情。
If you’re patient I might tell you a few things myself sometime.
这就是问题所在。
And that’s the trouble.
时间很短。
The time is very short.
72小时,没错。
72 hours, exactly.
你要走了吗?
Are you going away?
是的,我得回法国去。
Yes, I’ve got to go back to France.
哦。
Oh.
说,夫人。
Say, lady.
进来吧,水很好。
Come on in, the water is fine.
我没有泳衣。
I haven’t got a bathing suit.
那没什么,我也没有。
That’s nothing, neither have I.
告诉我,你一直想唱歌♥吗?
Tell me, have you always wanted to sing?
你为什么要放弃呢?
Why did you give it up?
我发现我得吃东西了。
I found I had to eat.
我们现在先别谈这个。
Let’s don’t talk about that now.
这似乎是很久以前的事了,我已经习惯了我正在做的事情。
It seems so long ago and, I’ve gotten used to what I am doing.
不,你没有,也永远不会。
No, you haven’t and you never will.
从你今晚的演讲中,我可以看出你是那种必须勇往直前的女孩。
I could tell from your speech tonight that you’re the type of girl who must always go ahead.
你绝不能放弃。
You must never give up.
嘿,看这里。
Say, look here.
你不能就这么走进我的生活然后对我指手画脚。
You can’t just wander into my life and start telling me what to do.
我过得还不错。
I’ve been getting along all right.
嘿,奶酪,警♥察♥来了!
Hey, cheese, it’s the cops!
在我下来用我的棍子打你之前快出来。
Come out of there before I come down and get you with my club.
嘿,女士,你最好回来。
Hey, lady, you’d better come back here.
任何人都不允许下码头。
Nobody is allowed under the dock.
我们走吧。
Let’s go away.
我们为什么不躲起来呢?
Why don’t we hide?
我们在躲什么?
What are we hiding from?
我们没做错什么。
We haven’t done anything wrong.
来吧,我知道你在下面。
Come on, I know you are down there.
我能听到你的呼吸。
I can hear you breathing.
-闭嘴。
– Oh, shut up.
我们最好在惹麻烦之前离开这里。
We’d better get out of here before we get into trouble.
晚上好,警官。
Good evening, officer.
你好。
Hello.
我们到了。
Here we are.
好吧,晚安。
Well, goodnight.
-再见。-哦,不是再见。
– And goodbye. – Oh, not goodbye.
我们才刚认识。
We’ve just met.
你好,海伦。
Hello, Helen.
你好。
Hello.
我刚听说卡布家的姑娘们罢♥工♥了。
Well, I just heard the Karb girls are out on strike.
是的,他们是。
Yes, they are.
好吧,晚安。
Well, goodnight.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!