是的。
Yes.
这里有一个。
Here is one.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
你在哪个部门工作?
What branch do you work in?
我吗?
Me?
华尔街。
Wall Street.
和现在。
And now.
他为合众国的建立做出了比任何人都多的贡献。
The man who has done more than anyone to build this union.
我们都在等着听他说话。
The man we are all waiting to hear.
哥哥霍尔顿。
Brother Holden.
好吧,女孩。
Well, girls.
和男孩。
And boys.
我们见过卡布先生。
We’ve seen Mr. Karb.
你的委员会和我。
Your committee and I.
我们尽可能合理公平地提出了你们的要求。
We presented your demands as reasonably and as fairly as we knew how.
卡布先生礼貌地听着。
Mr. Karb listened politely.
他对我们彬彬有礼。
He showed us every courtesy.
我们什么都没给你带回来。
And we’ve brought you back exactly nothing.
什么都没有,没有一句希望的话,什么都没有。
Nothing, not one single word of hope, nothing.
卡布先生不会妥协。
Mr. Karb will not compromise.
你可以接受,也可以放弃。
You can take it or leave it.
这是卡布给你的答案。
That’s Karb’s answer to you.
要么工作,要么辞职。
Work or quit.
我们不会工作,也不会放弃。
We won’t work and we won’t quit.
我们会罢♥工♥!
We’ll strike!
是的,我们会展示给他们看的。
Yeah, we’ll show them.
不,我们不会罢♥工♥,我们怎么能罢♥工♥呢?
No, we won’t strike, how can we strike?
我们有什么机会?
What chance have we got?
一群女孩对抗卡布这样的强队。
A bunch of girls against a strong outfit like Karb.
我们又不是一群女孩。
We ain’t a bunch of girls.
我们是一个团结一致的联盟。
We’re a union standing together.
是啊,也许还会被舔在一起。
Yeah, and maybe getting licked together too.
我们会罢♥工♥!
We’ll strike!
Karb和其他地方一样好,也许更好。
Karb is as good any place, maybe better.
是吗?
Yeah?
我想你每次因为打碎盘子而被罚款都会觉得很好笑吧。
I suppose you’re just tickled every time you get fined for broken dishes.
经济萧条时裁员怎么办?
What about the lay-offs when it’s slack?
顾客永远是对的,不管他对你有多新鲜。
And the customer being always right no matter how fresh he’s been with you.
-我说我们罢♥工♥。-是的。
– I say we strike. – yeah.
你想一起来,你要做什么。
You wanna come along, what are you gonna do.
请稍等,请稍等。
Just a moment, just a moment, please.
我知道你的感受,没人喜欢罢♥工♥。
I know how you feel, nobody likes strikes.
他们意味着困难和饥饿。
They mean hardships and hunger.
苦难和烦恼。
Suffering and trouble.
只是有时,工人们会感到崩溃和无助。
Only sometimes, men and women workers feel crushed and helpless.
当那一天到来的时候,他们必须努力战斗。
When that time comes they have to fight hard.
他们必须罢♥工♥。
They have to strike.
霍顿先生,你结婚了吗?
Mr. Holden, are you married?
不。
No.
那你就没有儿孙了。
Then you have no children or grandchildren.
不,我没有。
No, I haven’t.
是的,我有。
Well I have.
孙子。
Grandchildren.
我还得工作养活他们因为他们的父亲在罢♥工♥中丧生了。
And I have to work to support them because their father was killed in a strike.
别让他们没仔细考虑就把你牵扯进来。
Don’t let them railroad you into this without thinking it over.
我告诉你,我们不能罢♥工♥,我母亲病了。
I tell you we can’t strike, my mother is sick.
我要给她吃药,找个医生。
I need medicine for her, a doctor.
我不能丢了工作。
I can’t afford to lose my job.
我也不能。
Neither can I.
我需要每一分钱来照顾我的孩子。
I need every penny to take care of my baby.
安静,安静!
Be quiet, hush up!
安静点,姑娘们,让我们听海伦说。
Hush up, girls, let’s listen to Helen.
好。
Well.
我不知道我有什么权利说话。
I don’t know what right I have to speak.
也许没有,因为在某种程度上,我比你们更幸运。
Perhaps none, because in a way I’m more fortunate than the rest of you.
我没有家庭要养。
I have no family to support.
我在这个世界上是孤独的,我可以靠做服务员的收入过活。
I’m alone in the world and I can get along on my earnings as a waitress.
我甚至可以每周存几分钱,这样有一天我可能会成为另一个人。
I can even put a few pennies aside every week so someday I might be something else.
但我和你们一起工作过。
But I’ve worked with you girls.
我看到了你们脸上的担心和恐惧。
And I’ve seen the worry and fear on your faces.
我见过你们一想到要失业就发抖。
I’ve seen you tremble at the thought of losing your jobs.
我看到过你为了挣一分钱而付出的艰辛。
I’ve seen your struggle to make one penny do for two.
你省吃俭用,却从来没有多余的钱去买♥♥一顶新帽子或一双长袜。
The way you scrimp and save and still never have an extra dollar for a new hat, or a pair of stockings.
任何一个女孩想要的东西。
Any one of a million things a girl might want.
今晚我们都听过这些演讲。
We’ve all heard these speeches tonight.
你们有些人有孩子。
Some of you have children.
你们有些人有父母。
Some of you have parents.
老了,病了,全看你了。
Aged and sick depending on you.
我,霍顿先生或任何人都无权对你指手画脚。
And it’s not for me or Mr. Holden or anybody to tell you what to do.
我宁愿砍掉我的右臂,也不愿为一个会给你带来更多痛苦和困难的决定负责。
I’d rather cut off my right arm than be responsible for a decision that would bring you more suffering or more hardship.
但我们希望有自立的权利去享受生活,去感觉自己是自♥由♥的人。
But we want the right to stand on our own feet to enjoy life, to feel like free human beings.
你不能就这样期待着这些。
And you can’t just go on hoping for those things.
这就是霍顿先生说你必须战斗的意思。
That’s what Mr. Holden means when he says you’ve got to fight.
他知道没人会轻易把这些东西交给你。
He knows nobody’s gonna hand you those things on a silver platter.
你得进去,让他们听你的。
You’ve got to go in there and make them listen.
如果唯一的办法就是打击,那我说打击!
And if the only way to do that is strike, then I say strike!
罢♥工♥。
Strike.
大家都赞成罢♥工♥。
All in favor of strike.
说啊!
Say aye!
啊!
Aye!
*永远团结*
* Solidarity forever *
*因为联盟使我们强大*
* For the union makes us strong *
海伦,你的演讲太精彩了。
That was a grand speech, Helen.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thanks.
现在,我要去总部了。
Now, I gotta go to headquarters.
如果我以后想联♥系♥你,你会在哪里?
Where will you be if I wanna in touch with you later?
我会回家的,有什么事吗?
I’ll be home, is there anything wrong?
不,只是我们今晚要把女孩们救出来。
No, except we’re gonna try to pull the girls out tonight.
再见人。
Goodbye guys.
你太棒了。
You were superb.
我从来没听过这样的事。
I’ve never heard anything like it.
谢谢。
Thanks.
你太棒了,太棒了。
Oh, you were marvelous, simply marvelous.
再次谢谢你。
Well, thanks again.
你太棒了。
You were wonderful.
小心点,我开始觉得我是好人了。
Now, careful, I’m beginning to think I was good.
不,不,求你了,我可能表达得不好,但是。
No, no, please, I may be expressing myself badly but.
不,你表达得很好。
No, you express yourself beautifully.
不,不,我是说。
No, no, but I mean.
我从没见过会演讲的女人。
I’ve never met a woman before who could make speeches.
叫罢♥工♥。
Call strikes.
煎饼。
Serve pancakes.
同时又看起来很漂亮。
And look beautiful all at the same time.
你在开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding me?
不,我向你保证我没有。
No, I assure you I’m not.
海伦。
Helen.
你好。
Hello.
晚上好。
Good evening.
天啊,好热。
Gee, it’s hot.
你要去哪里?
Where were you going?
哦,说。
Oh, say.
你想去公园兜兜风吗?
How would you like a little drive in the park?
我觉得那太好了。
Oh, I think that would be lovely.
很好,来吧。
Good, come on.
出租车!
Taxi!
你可能。
You may.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
带这位女士去公园兜兜风。
Take this lady for a little drive in the park.
现在,你想做什么?
Now, what would you like to do?
去什么地方跳舞?
Go some place and dance?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!