再见,菲利普。
Goodbye, Philip.
你到底上哪儿去了?
Where on earth have you been?
你好,露露。
Hello, Lulu.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
你看起来好像在捕鼠器里过了一夜。
You look as if you spent the night in a mousetrap.
是啊,几点了?
Yeah, what time is it?
11点半。
Half past eleven.
我想你知道我们12点要纠察吧?
I suppose you know we’re to picket at 12?
当然,这就是我回家的原因。
Sure, that’s why I came home.
你跟那个法国人去哪了?
Say, where did you go with that Frenchman?
我们去长岛玩了一会儿。
We took a little trip out on Long Island.
长岛?
Long Island?
那你一定经历过那场飓风。
Then you must have been in that hurricane.
这是正确的。
That’s right.
好吧,打倒我。
Well, blow me down.
听起来很像他。
That sounds just like him.
如果有飓风,他也没办法。
He couldn’t help it if there was a hurricane.
海伦,亲爱的,也许这不关我的事。
Helen honey, maybe it’s none of my business.
但我告诉你,永远不要相信音乐家。
But I’m telling you don’t ever trust a musician.
我曾经有个吹萨克斯管的男朋友,我知道。
I had a boyfriend once who played the sax and I know.
罢♥工♥有什么新进展吗?
Any new developments in the strike?
没有什么要紧的事。
Nothing much.
霍顿昨天一整天都在跟卡布和他的律师闲聊。
Holden chewed the fat all day yesterday with Karb and his lawyers.
但他们似乎没有任何进展。
But they didn’t seem to get anywhere.
到目前为止,这是一个僵局。
So far it is a deadlock.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
霍顿昨晚在这附近。
Holden was around here last night.
他想请你吃饭。
He wanted to take you to dinner.
他怎么样?
How is he?
他还很健康
Well, he’s still got his health.
嘿,听起来你好像离开了20年就像瑞普·凡·温克尔一样。
Hey, you sound as if you’ve been away for 20 years like Rip Van Winkle.
这就是我的感受。
That’s how I feel.
你爱上那个钢琴手了吗?
Have you fallen for that piano player?
露露,别问我不知道的问题。
Oh, Lulu, please don’t ask questions that I, I don’t know.
玛德琳,亲爱的,你不觉得你最好躺下休息一下吗?
Madeleine, dear, don’t you think you’d better lie down and rest?
我不想休息,妈妈。
I don’t want to rest, mother.
我想做一些令人兴奋的事情。
I want to do something exciting.
当我休息时,我做梦。
When I rest I dream.
哦,查加尔太太。
Oh, Mrs. Chagal.
你不帮我,就看着我。
You don’t help me, you just watch me.
玛德琳。
Madeleine.
她最清楚。
She knows best.
去像个乖女孩一样躺下。
Go and lie down like a good girl.
为什么每个人都想逼我做我不想做的事?
Why does everyone try to make me do what I don’t wanna do?
那个女孩在哪里?
Where is that girl?
什么女孩,亲爱的?
What girl, dear?
车里那个漂亮女孩。
That nice girl in the car.
她回家了,亲爱的。
She’s gone home dear.
哦。
Oh.
她会回来吗?
Will she be back?
有时,也许。
Sometime, maybe.
为什么?
Why?
我喜欢她。
I liked her.
是的,我非常喜欢她。
Yes, I liked her very much.
我想我要去休息一下。
I think I’ll go take a rest.
没错,亲爱的。
That’s right, dear.
我很担心她。
I’m so worried about her.
她在车里说什么从窗台上爬出去?
What was that she said in the car about getting out on a window ledge?
哦,她没有。
Oh, she didn’t really.
那只是她的另一个幻想。
That’s just another one of her fantasies.
她今天看起来糟多了。
She seems far worse today.
她太无助了。
She’s so helpless.
我希望这次航行和巴黎会有所不同。
I hope the voyage and Paris will make a difference.
她会没事的。
She’ll be all right.
我给她吃点安♥眠♥药♥。
I’ll give her something to make her sleep.
菲利普。
Philip.
你对玛德琳非常有耐心。
You’ve been marvelously patient with Madeleine.
作为她的母亲,我要为我们俩感谢你。
And as her mother, I want to thank you for us both.
好了,姑娘们,你们可以把牌子扔了。
All right, girls, you can throw away the signs.
谁说的?
Says who?
他们刚刚打电♥话♥来,达成了协议。
They just called up, an agreement has been reached.
罢♥工♥已得到解决。
The strike is settled.
谁赢了?
Who won?
你所做的。
You did.
早上报到上班。
Report for work in the morning.
别忘了,姑娘们。
Don’t forget, girls.
如果海伦没有给我们打气的话,我们可能就退缩了。
If Helen hadn’t given us that pep talk we might have backed down.
*永远团结*
* Solidarity forever *
海伦。
Helen.
我必须再见到你。
I had to see you again.
我不可能让事情保持原样。
I couldn’t possibly leave things as they were.
我希望我们可以。
I wish we could.
我希望我们能让他们保持我们相遇前的样子。
I wish we could leave them the way they were before we met.
海伦。
Helen.
别苦了。
Don’t be bitter.
我不苦。
I’m not bitter.
我在这里感觉有点麻木。
I just feel sort of numb in here.
海伦。
Helen.
我对你太不公平了。
I have done you a great injustice.
允许你介入我的生活。
In allowing you to get involved in my life.
我不是在怪你,菲利普。
I’m not blaming you, Philip.
这不是你的错,也不是我的错。
It’s no more your fault than mine.
我昨晚刚开始的时候就该有勇气告诉你。
I should have had the courage to tell you last night when I started.
我没帮上什么忙,对吧。
I wasn’t very much help to you, was I.
我不想听到任何不愉快的事。
I didn’t wanna hear anything that was unpleasant.
她这样多久了?
How long has she been this way?
大约五年。
About five years.
一个婴儿出生了。
A baby came.
它生下来就死了。
It was born dead.
她一直没能释怀。
She never got over it.
可怕的。
Dreadful.
当我请你上车的时候,我不知道她会那样。
When I asked you into the car I had no idea that she would be taken that way.
我是说,你会很震惊。
I mean, it would come to you as such a shock.
她很长一段时间都很好。
She’s quite all right for long periods of time.
突然,乌云再次笼罩在她的脑海里,她变得像个孩子。
Then suddenly, a cloud comes over her mind again and she becomes like a child.
她就没有好转的希望了吗?
Isn’t there any hope for her ever getting better?
恐怕不行。
I’m afraid not.
幸运的是,医生说她并没有不开心。
Fortunately the doctors say that she’s not unhappy.
她活在自己的世界里。
She lives in a world of her own.
你呢?
And you?
我有我的工作。
I have my work.
我的音乐。
My music.
现在我有了你。
Now I have you.
菲利普。
Philip.
我不能放弃你。
I can’t give you up.
我很高兴你能来,先生。
I’m glad you came, sir.
有什么问题吗?
What’s the problem?
玛德琳把自己锁在房♥间里不出来了。
Madeleine has locked herself in her room and won’t come out.
她在里面多久了?
How long has she been in there?
自从你离开后。
Ever since you left.
她一开始跟我们谈过。
She talked to us at first.
然后她把收音机开到最大。
And then she put on the radio at full blast.
玛德琳。
Madeleine.
玛德琳。
Madeleine.
这扇门没有钥匙吗?
Isn’t there a passkey to this door?
是的。
Yes.
我不敢用它。
I was afraid to use it.
她威胁说,如果我们这么做,她就从窗户跳下去。
She threatened to jump out of the window if we did.
哦,菲利普,我好害怕。
Oh, Philip, I’m so frightened.
玛德琳。
Madeleine.