海伦说今晚八点在团结大厅。
Helen says eight o’clock tonight, Unity Hall.
今晚八点,团结大厅。
Eight o’clock tonight, Unity Hall.
格拉迪斯,今晚8点,团结大厅。
Gladys, eight o’clock tonight, Unity Hall.
你怎么了?
What’s the matter with you?
你是在发呆还是怎么了?
Are you in a trance or something?
你走错车道了。
You’re in the wrong lane.
哦,亲爱的,对不起,海伦。
Oh, honey, sorry, Helen.
我整个星期的工资都花光了。
There goes my whole week’s salary.
我从圣诞节起就没拿过全额工资。
I haven’t had a full pay-check since Christmas.
今晚一切都将改变。
That’s all gonna be changed tonight.
但是,如果他们只是说罢♥工♥,让我们都陷入困境呢?
But gee, what if they just say strike and leave us all out on a limb?
他们不会,我们的要求是合理的。
They won’t, our demands are reasonable.
是吗?
Yeah?
如果我丢了这份工作,我就只能去卖♥♥口香糖和唇笔了。
If I lose this job it will mean peddling chewing gum and lip pencils for me.
我长得不好看。
I ain’t a looker.
在有人开除你之前赶紧行动。
Get going before somebody fires you now.
你又开错车道了。
You’re in the wrong lane again.
哦。
Oh.
罢♥工♥,罢♥工♥,罢♥工♥。
Strike, strike, strike.
这就是我上周听到的全部消息。
That’s all I’ve been hearing the last week.
难怪我紧张。
No wonder I’m nervous.
梅奇,把那个架子拿来,好吗?
Maisie, bring me that stand, will you, please?
露露怎么了?
What’s the matter with Lulu?
不,她去吃晚饭了,刚才还碰到我了。
No, she’s got the dinner and she ran into me just now.
当我想到今晚的会议,我不怪她。
I don’t blame her, when I think of that meeting tonight.
哇,真令人兴奋,团结大厅在哪里?
Gee, it’s exciting, where is Unity Hall?
第三大道和58街。
3rd Avenue and 58th Street.
简单,容易。
Easy, easy.
隔墙有耳,在Karb餐厅里有很大的墙。
Walls have ears and great big ones in Karb restaurants.
你看到我刚才发生的事了吗?
Did you see what happened to me just now?
我紧张得都不能思考了。
I’m so nervous I can’t think.
姑娘们,姑娘们,快点,继续走。
Girls, girls, come on, keep moving.
你的车站有一位顾客。
There’s a customer at your station.
喂饱他,带他离开这里。
Feed him and get him out of here.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
在午餐时间,空间就是金钱。
Space is money at lunch time.
先生,您要点什么?
What would you like, sir?
我想来点鱼汤。
I would like some bouillabaisse.
嗯?
Huh?
普罗旺斯鱼汤。
Bouillabaisse.
你有,不是吗?
You have it, haven’t you?
好吧,我。
Well, I.
请稍等。
Just a minute please.
看在老天的份上,海伦。
For Pete’s sake, Helen.
普罗旺斯鱼汤是什么?
What’s bouillabaisse?
这是一种炖鱼,我们不提供。
It’s a kind of a fish stew, we don’t serve it.
谢谢。
Thanks.
对不起,先生,我们这里不卖♥♥。
I’m sorry, sir, we don’t serve it.
你不做什么?
You don’t serve what?
鱼汤,随便你怎么说。
Bouillabaisse, whatever you said.
我明白了,好吧。
I see, all right.
我们只供应菜单上的食物。
We only serve what is on the menu.
好吧,我要第四顿午餐。
Well, I will take lunch number four.
蛤蜊浓汤,烤牛肉三明治,不吃蔬菜。
Clam chowder, roast beef sandwich, no vegetables.
美式奶酪,不要派,要咖啡。
American cheese, no pie, and coffee.
对不起,先生,我们午餐不供应奶酪。
I’m sorry sir, we don’t serve cheese with the lunch.
但这里写着,苹果派配美式奶酪。
But it says here, apple pie with American cheese.
先生,您要馅饼吗?
Do you want the pie, sir?
不,不,我只想要奶酪。
No, no, I just want the cheese.
我们不供应奶酪。
We don’t serve cheese.
但你要带派来。
But you will bring the pie.
是的,我可以带派来。
Yes, I can bring the pie.
假设我只拿走奶酪,留下派?
Then supposing, I just snatch the cheese and leave the pie?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
海伦。
Helen.
那个法国人把我弄得心烦意乱,我不知道他想干什么。
That Frenchman has got me so rattled I don’t know what he wants.
你能冷静下来,忘了今晚的事吗?
Will you simmer down and forget about tonight?
我来为他点菜。
I’ll take his order.
先生,我能为您做点什么吗?
Is there anything I can do for you, sir?
是的,在这张桌子上等着。
Yes, wait on this table.
对不起,先生,这张桌子已经分配给另一位服务员了。
I’m sorry sir but this table is already assigned to another waitress.
我只是过来看看有什么麻烦。
I just came over to see what the trouble was.
麻烦,就没有麻烦。
Trouble, there is no trouble.
我只是要一些美国奶酪,我不想要派。
I just asked for some American cheese and I don’t want pie.
你不想吃派?
You don’t want pie?
没有派。
No pie.
你还想要什么?
What else do you want?
蛤蜊浓汤,烤牛肉三明治。
Clam chowder, roast beef sandwich.
没有蔬菜和咖啡。
No vegetables and coffee.
我马上去取,先生。
I’ll get them right away, sir.
一份蛤蜊浓汤。
One clam chowder.
一份蛤蜊浓汤。
One clam chowder.
一份烤牛肉,不吃蔬菜。
One roast beef, no vegetables.
费迪南没有花。
Ferdinand without flowers.
费迪南,拿着花。
Ferdinand, hold the flowers.
海伦,小心点,他是个间谍。
Helen, watch your step, he’s a spy.
谁是间谍?
Who’s a spy?
那个想要奶酪的人。
The guy that wants the cheese.
格拉迪斯认识他,告诉她,格拉迪斯。
Gladys here knows him, tell her, Gladys.
他长得很像过去常来42街分行的那个法国人。
Well, he looks like that Frenchman that used to come to the 42nd Street branch.
我们以前都叫他大耳朵强尼。
We used to call him Johnny Big Ears.
他制♥造♥了麻烦。
And did he make trouble.
什么样的麻烦?
What kind of trouble?
告发我们,四处窥探。
Snitching on us and snooping around.
他甚至把两个和顾客约会的女孩开除了。
He even got two of the girls canned for making dates with the customers.
他看起来不像间谍。
He doesn’t look like a spy.
他是个外国人,不是吗?
He’s a foreigner, ain’t he?
对我来说,所有的外国人都是间谍,直到我发现不一样。
To me, all foreigners are spies until I learn different.
一份蛤蜊浓汤。
One clam chowder.
我很快就会知道了。
I’ll soon find out.
把汤倒进他脖子里,海伦。
Pour the soup down his neck, Helen.
对不起,卡尔布先生正在打电♥话♥。
I beg your pardon but Mr. Karb is on the phone.
谁?
Who?
卡布先生,这家餐厅的老板。
Mr. Karb, the man who runs this restaurant.
哦。
Oh.
请问,我需要和经理谈吗,因为我想要一些美国奶酪?
Please, do I have to speak to the manager because I want some American cheese?
也许他想谈点别的。
Maybe he wants to talk about something else.
但我不认识他。
But I don’t know him.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
积极的。
Positive.
他要的是什么名字?
What name did he ask for?
能再重复一遍吗?
Pardon?
我说,卡布先生要什么名字?
I said, what name did this Mr. Karb ask for?
现在你有我了。
Now you have got me.
请再说一遍。
I beg your pardon.
他是法国人。
He was French.
但你怎么知道是我?
But how did you know it was me?
你是这屋子里唯一的法国人。
Well, you are the only Frenchman in the room.
你怎么知道我是法国人?
How did you know I was French?
5000万名女服务员不会错。
50 million waitresses can’t be wrong.
-电♥话♥在哪里?-求你了,不要。
– Well, where is the phone? – Please, no.
这里没有电♥话♥,请坐。
There is no phone, please sit down.
-卡布先生没接电♥话♥。-这是什么?
– Mr. Karb isn’t on the phone. – What is this?
我非常抱歉。
I’m awful sorry.
我们以为你是公♥司♥的间谍。
We thought you were a company spy.
一个间谍?
A spy?
我吗?
Me?
我们最近遇到了一点小麻烦,这让一些女孩起了疑心。
We’ve been having a little labor trouble lately and it’s made some of the girls suspicious.
我看起来像间谍吗?
Do I look like a spy?
我表现得像间谍吗?
Do I act like a spy?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!