然而 作为一个聪明人
However, as only a great mind can do,
我重新观察…修改了评价
I’ve reassessed my position, and changed my mind.
你没想过娶我
So you could never think of marrying me?
你疯了吗
Have you lost your mind?
你脑子里就只想这些事吗
Why on earth would you even fantasize about such a thing?
我有什么好的 我脾气坏 疑心重
What could I offer you, but a bad temper, hypochondriasis,
老顽固 愤世嫉俗 还厌世
Morbid fixations, reclusive rages and misanthropy?
你又能给我什么呢
And what could you offer me?
一个跟福克纳笔下的班吉没两样的人物
A character out of faulkner, not unlike Benjy.
我的回答是:不行
The answer to your question is no.
你就暂住这里 攒点钱
I think you should stay here for a while, accumulate some money,
然后找个安居之所 继续你的生活
And then find a place of your own, and move on with your life.
你的生活呢
Well, what about your life?
让我教你些爱的道理吧
Let me teach you something about love. okay?
当然 是有一些特例
Naturally, there are exceptions to what I’m going to say,
但只是特例 不是一般情况
But they’re the exception, not the rule.
尽管人们都说:爱代表一切
Love, despite what they tell you,
事实并非如此 天长地久只是童话
Does not conquer all. nor does it even usually last.
你那浪漫而充满激♥情♥的青春
In the end, the romantic aspirations of our youth
终将变成…
Are reduced to
什么都好
Whatever works. okay?
为什么我觉得你在虚张声势
Why do I think your bark is worse than your bite?
陈词滥调 梅迪
Clich, Melody.
我不在乎 感觉对了就来 这也是陈词滥调
Oh, I don’t care! if the shoe fits, wear it, and that’s another one.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk for a minute.
你相信吗 这个小笨蛋看上我了?
Can you believe this little inchworm setting her sights on me?
没错 我们有过一段欢乐时光
Yes, yes, we had some pleasant moments.
共进晚餐 携手到公园散步
Some dinners, some walks in the park.
我用渊博的学识 丰富的阅历感染她
I gave her the benefit of my vast knowledge and experience.
传授她认知能力 价值观
Tried to impart to her the perceptions and values
启发她的悟性
Of a truly original mentality.
希望用智慧感化这个无知的卖♥♥花女
I only wish I could do a pygmalion on her.
但就算是亨利·希金斯来训练她
But if Henry Higgins ever tried to transform Melody Saintanne Celestine,
估计也会想跳楼窈窕淑女”中把卖♥♥花女调♥教♥成淑女的博士]
He, too, would have jumped out the window.
走吧
Come on.
-新朋友来了 -不好意思
– oh, boy! new friends. – I’m sorry.
它们很友善
Oh, yeah. they like each other.
没事 我也更喜欢狗
It’s okay. I rather like dogs.
我比较喜欢猫 遛狗只是工作
Well, I’m more of a cat person, myself. I just do this professionally.
不好意思
Sorry.
我第一次见到专业遛狗员
I never met a professional dog walker.
真的吗 其实我不想做这行 不过…
Really? it’s not really the career that I want, but…
你想做什么
What do you want to do?
我想当幼儿园老师
I’d like to work with children.
你很漂亮 你知道吗
You’re very pretty, you know that?
-别说了 谢谢 -敢问芳名?
– shut up! thank you. – can I ask your name?
梅迪 萧梅迪·圣安妮
It’s Melody. Melody Saint Anne Celestine.
多美的名字 我叫辛佩里
What a beautiful name! mine’s Perry Singleton.
-幸会 -幸会
– it’s nice to meet you. – yes, nice to meet you.
可以一起走吗
May I walk along with you?
当然可以 人终有一死
I don’t see why not, you know, since we’re all doomed anyway.
-你说什么 -万物终有尽头
– pardon me? – well, you know, everything ends.
我没听明白
I don’t think I follow.
就像宇宙 或者永生
it’s like the cosmos, or eternity.
不管哪个更大 我们都会飘零四方
Whichever’s bigger. I just know that we’re all flying apart.
这是哪一出 怎么走的 这算下棋?
What is that? what is that? is that a move?
我以为你的象
Well, I thought your bishop was…
我的象怎么了 你个臭棋子 小蚯蚓
My bishop what? what? you patzer, you earthworm!
说过几次了 不能吃这个棋
How many times do I have to tell you? you don’t take that pawn.
这是诱饵 看着 继续走
That’s called the poisoned pawn, because look!
-博里斯 -就会这样
– Boris! – look what happens!
-对不起 叶先生 -就会道歉 不动脑子
– sorry, mr. Yellnikoff. – yeah, you’re sorry,
动动脑子 就不用道歉!
You’re sorry. use your head next time, you won’t be sorry!
-博里斯 -下周回家做作业 别来了
– Boris! – yeah. do your homework next week.
浪费时间
Don’t waste my time.
-喂! -诱饵!
– hey! – poisoned!
今天早点下班 我们可以一起回家
I got offwork early today and I thought maybe we could walk home together.
晚饭做黑眼豌豆和蟹饼
Maybe I can make black-eyed peas and crab cakes for dinner.
-我不饿 -怎么啦
– no, I’m not hungry. – what’s the matter?
我胃溃疡疼了整天
my ulcer’s been killing me all day.
你没有胃溃疡啊
I thought you didn’t have an ulcer.
医生找不到溃疡 不代表我没有
No, I said they can’t find an ulcer, not that I don’t have one.
玩忽职守的医疗败类
Those malpractice medical mental midgets.
把胃镜杵到喉咙里 像矿工一样到处挖
They drop that endoscope down my throat and probe me like coal miners,
还什么都查不出来
And they always come up with nothing!
知道今天发生什么事吗
Well, guess what happened today?
我遛狗时和一个男孩聊了几句
I got to talking to this boy on the job…
他想跟我约会
And, uh… he asked me out on a date.
真的
really?
我知道他对我有好感
I could tell he liked me right off and… uh,
我们一起喝咖啡 说说笑笑
We went had coffee and just had, you know, funny banter.
就像调情
You know what banter is, it’s like flirty talk.
我懂 我懂
Yeah, yeah, I’m familiar with banter.
后来 他问我有没有男朋友
so, anyway, he asked if I had a boyfriend.
我说目前没有 他说:周五八点我来接你
I said, “not really”. he said, “i’ll pick you up friday at eight”.
你觉得怎样
What’d you think?
挺好的 希望他不是 泰德·邦迪[连环杀人犯]
Great. I just hope he’s, uh… not a ted bundy, you know.

A who?
你得当心连环杀手
You have to keep an eye out for serial killers.
他不是连环杀手 至少他没承认
He’s not a serial killer. at least he didn’t mention it.
你一定要当心
Yeah, well, you have to be careful.
他把你往车尾箱一塞 你就没法呼吸了
Sometimes they put you in a trunk of a car and you can’t breathe.
不是开玩笑 说真的
I’m not… I’m serious.
我把你的死刑的理论告诉他
I told him your theory about capital punishment.
你怎么说的
What’d you say?
不拴好狗的 在人行道上骑车的
That it should include people that don’t pick up after their dogs, uh,
把妈妈叫成妈咪的 还有…
People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk,
那些什么都该判死刑
People who call mothers “moms” and, uh…
天 我记不全 你说了好多
God, I can’t remember ’em all, you have so many.
-我漂亮吗 -低级下流
– how do I look? – subnormal.
为什么 怎么啦
Why? what’s wrong?
简直糟糕透顶
That’s an awfully aggressive ensemble.
活像刚从堕胎诊所走出来
You looking to wind up in an abortion clinic?
我只想打扮漂亮点
I wanna look nice.
让他知道 如果举止得宜
Just kinda give him an idea of what he might be in for…
他能得到什么
If he plays his cards right.
是吗 他会得到什么
Oh, yeah? what’s he in for?
你拒绝的那些女人
All the stuff with a woman that you reject,
因为你是个天才 比谁都聪明
Because you’re a genius and you’re above it all.
不过我就注定貌若天仙
But I happen to be pretty sharp, too,
有傻乎乎过日子的特殊天赋
And I have a natural talent in the field of fooling around.
好吧 既然你有工作了
Yeah, well, I just hope you’re saving your money…
就攒钱赶紧搬出去
So you can move out quickly, you know, now that you’re working.
-佩里 -你好
– hi, Perry! – hey.
抱歉来晚了 路上塞车
Sorry I’m late. I got stuck on the train.
没关系 请进
No, it’s fine. come on in.
这位是佩里
This is Perry.
您好 您有一位可爱的女儿 萧先生
Hi. your daughter is very lovely, mr. Celestine.
我不是她父亲
I’m not her father.
祖父?
Grandfather?
佩里 我说了和朋友一起住嘛
Perry, I told you I was staying with a friend.
你做什么工作 佩里
So what’d you do, Perry?
他研究…投资之类的东西
He’s studying… investments and investing things.
你有没有
You got any, uh…
-身份证 -您说什么
– identification? – pardon me?
驾驶证或者出生证
You know, driver’s license, birth certificate.
没有 先生 我不带出生证出门
No, sir. I never carry around my birth certificate… why would i?
小心 杀手有时会扮成银行家
Be careful, bundy sometimes posed as a banker.
我快打扮好了 一会就来
I’m just gonna go finish getting ready. I’ll be right back.
梅迪说您非常睿智
Melody tells me you’re a very brilliant man.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!