They didn’t want to show my film.
他们都为了你的狗屁演出做了很大的准备
They were too busy giving a big buildup to that crap you were turning out.
我去清理鸟笼了
I’ll clean the cage.
哦 那一定是埃尔韦拉
Oh, that would be Elvira.
埃尔韦拉 请进
Come in, Elvira.
你今天怎么样 – 很好
How are you today? – Fine.
哦 你看到珍妮了
Oh, you’ve seen Jane.
我想她今天心情好像不太好
I don’t think she’s feeling very well today.
你跟谢尔比医生说了珍妮小姐了吗
Did you speak to that Dr. Shelby about Miss Jane like you said?
哦 我还没有呢 这很困难
No, I haven’t yet. It’s, uh, rather difficult.
我不想让她再伤心了 如果我能帮她的话
I don’t want to upset her again if I can help it.
她无论如何都会不高兴的 布兰奇小姐
She’ll be upset anyway, Miss Blanche.
你离开的时间越长 情况就会越糟
And the longer you leave it, the worse it’s gonna be.
我知道
I know.
但我只是希望这是没有必要的
But I was just hoping it wouldn’t be necessary.
我想她最近好多了
I think she seems much better lately.
这不关我的事…
It’s none of my business…
但她最近又开始喝酒了 你是知道的 是不是
…but she’s been drinking again. You know that?
不 我真没有注意到
No, I hadn’t noticed.
哦 我不认为这有什么不好的
Oh, I don’t think it does her any real harm.
我想我了解她
I think I understand her.
哦 你了解她 是吗
Oh, you do, huh?
那很好 那你应该看一看这个
Well, then you ought to take a look at this.
这是什么
What are these?
我想这就是你所谓的影迷们给你写的信
I guess it’s what you’d call fan mail.
哦 他们真好
Oh, how kind people are.
你最好看看这些…
You better look at them,
然后你告诉我在这之前你是否看过它们
then tell me whether or not you’ve seen them before.
你读过吗 – 没有
Did you read them? – No.
但这些信都被打开过了
But they’ve been opened.
是的 它们都被打开了
That’s right, they all have.
还有其中一封信在这里标记有 亲启
And there’s one in here marked “personal.”
有一晚我和我丈夫一起看你曾经主演的老电影…
“The other night, my husband and I watched that lovely old movie of yours:
《最后的蜜月》
Last Honeymoon.
我记得那时我对我丈夫说…
I remember saying to my husband at the time…
再次见到你就像看到老朋友一样
…that seeing you again was just like meeting an old friend.”
哦 这太美了 简直太美了
Oh, that’s charming. That’s really charming.
关键是你以前从来没有读过这些 是吗
The point is you never saw them before, did you?
对啊
No.
我也觉得没有
I thought not.
实在抱歉 我想你应该知道的
I’m sorry, I thought you ought to know.
但我不明白…
But I don’t understand.
这些信是从哪蹦出来的 你在哪找到这些的
Where’d they come from? Where did you find them?
在垃圾桶里
In the trash barrel, that’s where.
是从电视台寄来的…
They’re from that…
…他们正在放映着你主演的老电影 是不是
TV station that’s been running your old movies, aren’t they?
对的
Yes.
你是说珍妮
You…? You…? You mean Jane?
那还能有谁
Who else?
哦 她一定是错把这些当作广♥告♥了
She must’ve thought they were advertisements.
那她又为什么要打开写明亲启的信呢
Then why would she open the one marked “personal”?
那这又是什么 你最好也看一看
And what about this? You might as well see this too.
上面写满了脏字
Writing those dirty words.
我从来也没有见过如此肮脏的字眼
I can’t even remember the last time I saw words like that written down.
但她为什么要这么做呢
But why would she do a thing like this?
你知道她为什么这样做
You know what makes her do things like this.
她是个神经病 而且她一点儿也都没有好转
She’s sick, and she’s not getting any better.
事实上 她上个月变的更糟了
In fact, the last month she’s been getting a lot worse.
如果你不相信我…
If you don’t believe me,
那你又为什么要卖♥♥掉这栋房♥子而且打算搬走呢
why are you selling this house and planning to move?
你上个月说过…
You said this last month…
她变的更糟了
…she’s been a lot worse?
你觉得她自己知道吗
Do you think she knows?
关于卖♥♥♥房♥♥子的事情
About selling the house?
她怎么可能知道 你什么都没有写
How could she? You don’t have anything in writing.
埃尔韦拉 我们是姐妹
We’re sisters, Elvira.
我们彼此非常了解
We know each other very well.
我想她就是嫉妒你…
I think she’s jealous of those old movies of yours…
…嫉妒这周电视中播出你主演的老电影
they’re showing on television.
总而言之 六个星期后你就要把房♥子卖♥♥掉…
Anyway, in six weeks you’ll hand over the house…
…到时候她自然会知道了
and then she’ll have to know.
我怎么告诉她
How do I tell her?
怎样
How?
哦 如果你跟谢尔比医生说一下 我想他也许会告诉她的
Well, if you’d just speak to that Dr. Shelby, maybe he could tell her.

No.
不 还是应该由我来说
No, it ought to be me.
我不能让一个陌生人告诉她
I can’t let a stranger tell her.
但布兰奇小姐 他毕竟是个医生 何况她有是个有病的女人
But he’s a doctor, Miss Blanche. And she’s a sick woman.
埃尔韦拉 你并不了解她当…
Elvira, you didn’t know her when she was a child.
…她还是个孩子的时候
When she was young.
我看过她保留的那些照片
I’ve seen those pictures she keeps.
不 不
Oh, no.
这不仅仅是因为她很美
It wasn’t that she was just pretty.
她与众不同
She was different.
她是那么的活泼
She was so alive.
我正清理鸟笼时…
I was cleaning the cage.
鸟飞出去了
The bird got out.
那它现在在哪呢
But where is it now?
它从窗户飞走了
It flew out the window.
你是故意让鸟飞走的 珍妮
Did you let that bird out on purpose, Miss Jane?
我已经告诉你了 我正清理鸟笼的时候鸟从窗户飞走了
I just told you, I was cleaning the cage and the bird flew out the window.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
她是成心的 相信我 她一定是成心的
She did that on purpose. Believe me, she did it on purpose.
没关系
Never mind.
也许它会飞回来的
Maybe he’ll come back.
埃尔韦拉
Elvira…
你不会改变注意的 是不是 我是说跟我一起住
…you won’t change your mind, will you? About coming to live with me?
你知道的 布兰奇小姐 我不会回来的
You know I don’t go back on my word, Miss Blanche.
但你已经决定给珍妮找个地方住了…
But you’ve got to make up your mind about finding somewhere for Miss Jane.
…在那里他们才能照顾好她
Where they can look after her properly.
我已经决定了
I have.
我已经决定了
I have made up my mind.
我今天就要给谢尔比医生打电♥话♥
I’m going to call Dr. Shelby today.
我知道 布兰奇小姐 我知道的
I know, Miss Blanche. I know.
只有这样我才能确定…
It’s just that I have to be sure…
…这样真正对她好
I’m doing the right thing for her.
嗨 请问是约翰逊吗
Hello, is this Johnson’s?
我想订点儿酒 我是珍妮·汉德森
I want to order some liquor. It’s Jane Hudson.
什么叫你不能再送货给我了
What do you mean you can’t fill any more orders for me?
我妹妹让你这么干的
My sister did?
好吧
Well…
哦 稍等片刻 我让她接电♥话♥
Well, wait a minute. I’ll put her on.
布兰奇 你可以和约翰逊说两句吗
Blanche, would you speak to this man from Johnson’s?
你好
Hello.
请问是哪位
Who is this, please?
哦 是的卡尔森先生
Oh, yes, Mr. Carson.
哦是的 我是布兰奇·汉德森 出了什么状况了吗
Yes, this is Blanche Hudson. What seems to be the trouble?
我恐怕这里有些误会
I’m afraid there’s been some misunderstanding.
我当然不是…
I certainly didn’t mean to…
…不是建议你不要给她再送酒了
suggest that you shouldn’t fill any orders for her.
毕竟 我们付了帐单了是不是
After all, we do pay our bills, don’t we?
是的 很好
Yes, fine.
稍等片刻好吗
Would you, please?
我让她来接
I’ll put her on.
好的 怎么样
Okay, then?
很好 我想要…
Good. Yeah, I’d like to order…
六瓶苏格兰威士忌和三瓶杜松子酒
…six bottles of Scotch and three bottles of gin.
要同一个品牌的 越快越好
Yeah, the same brands. And as soon as possible.
我刚跟布兰奇小姐说
I just told Miss Blanche.
我要去镇上见一个人探讨一下关于紧急责任的问题
I’m going downtown to see a man about jury duty.
我明天就回来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!