Want me to put some more hot in?
还要加点热水吗?
No.
不用了
Ow.

You can get sick sitting in a cold bath.
泡在冷水里,你会生病的
What if he fails, Nanny?
如果他失败了会怎么样?
Then he fails.
就让他失败吧
And what will happen to him?
他会怎么样?
Nothing will happen.
不会怎么样的…
Except me thinking about that divorce.
而我就会考虑离婚
It’s not Koro’s fault, Nanny.
不是柯洛的错,奶奶
What’s not his fault?
什么不是他的错?
Sounds like his fault to me.
在我看来就是
Not that I’m a girl.
我要不是个女孩就好了
Not you, Hemi.
你不行, 海米
You’ve all done very well.
你们已经做得很好了
You’ve shown me that you’ve got courage,
你们让我知道你们很勇敢
that you’re strong and that you can learn.
很强壮… 能学习
But there can only be one.
但酋长只能有一个…
So there’s one final test.
因此现在开始决赛–
A test of your spirit.
考验你们的精神
“If you have the tooth of a whale,
如果你有了鲸牙…
“you must have the whale’s jaw to wield it.”
你还必须拿到鲸下颚
One of you will bring that back to me.
你们中的一个人必须把它拿回来
Bubba’s got a cold and I can’t swim.
布达伤风了,而我不会游泳
It’s alright, mate.
没关系
Oi!

Give it to me.
把手给我
I almost had it.
我就要拿到了
Nanny?
奶奶?
Come here.
到这儿来
It’s not for long.
不会太久的
You can put your clothes in there.
你可以把衣服放在那儿
And there’s a lamp if you want to read.
如果想读书,这里有盏灯
Rawiri reckons you’re pretty brainy, eh?
拉维里觉得你很聪明
Anyway…
不管怎么说
…it’s just for a little while.
不会太久的
He was calling to the ancient ones, asking them to help him.
他在招呼祖先,祈求他们的帮助…
But they weren’t listening.
但他们听不见
So I tried.
所以,我试了试…
And they heard me.
他们听见了
Uncle, is this where Paka lost his rei puta?
叔叔,爷爷就是在这里丢下鲸牙挂饰的吗?
His what?
他的什么?
That thing he wore round his neck. He threw it overboard.
他脖子上挂的挂饰,他从这里扔下去了
Crazy old bugger.
老疯子
Where?
哪儿?
It was just over there.
就那儿
I’ll get it.
我会找到的
It’s quiet down deep.
那里很安静
Koro needed quiet.
柯洛需要安静
That’s what Nanny said.
奶奶这么说
He didn’t want to talk anymore.
他不愿意再说话
He just wanted to go down and down.
他只想沉下去,越沉越深
She’s been gone quite a while, eh?
她下去很久了吧?
No, she’s sweet.
没关系,她水性好
For Paka’s test.
给爷爷做点心
And I found this.
还有,我找到这个了
Got this for Dad’s test. Lovely. Pop it in the sink.
这个给爸爸做点心 不错,放到水槽里去
Pai got it.
派捉到的
She got this as well.
她还找到了这个
You gonna tell him?
你会告诉他吗?
No.

He’s not ready yet
他还没准备好
Go on.
去吧
It’s for my school concert.
这是我学校音乐会的请柬
You’re my guest of honour.
你是我的贵宾
So I’ll see you there, Paka.
到时候见,爷爷
Come on. I want to get up the front.
把我的放那儿 快点,我想坐前面
Save this one for Paka.
把这个座位留给爷爷
He might be held up, bub.
他也许不会来的,孩子
No, he’s coming.
不,他会来的
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
谢谢,先生们女士们
Now to finish, we have something very special.
结束前,我们有个特别节目
One of our students had won
我们的一个学生
not only our own school speech contest,
她不仅赢得了学校的演讲比赛…
bus the East Coast Area School’s as well.
还赢得了整个东海岸的比赛
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miss Paikea Apriana.
先生们女士们,欢迎派凯亚 阿比拉娜
Did you know about this?
你们知道吗?
She said she had a surprise. For him.
她说她要给他一个惊喜
This speech is a token of my deep love and respect
这个演讲代表了我对我爷爷…
for Koro Apriana.
柯洛 阿比拉那
My grandfather.
深深的爱和尊敬
My name is Paikea Apriana.
我的名字是派凯亚 阿比拉娜–
Go on, bub.
继续,孩子
And I come from a long line of chiefs
我的祖辈世代都是酋长
stretching all the way back to Hawaiki
一直可以追溯到哈瓦基…
where our ancient ones are,
我们的祖先居住的地方–
the ones that first heard the land crying and sent a man.
他们听到了这片土地的招呼 就派了一个人来到这里
His name was also Paikea…
他的名字也是派凯亚…
…and I’m his most recent descendant.
我是他最小的一代子孙
But I was not the leader my grandfather was expecting
但我不是我祖父期望的酋长…
And by being born, I broke the line back to the ancient ones.
我的出生… 打破了这个传统
It wasn’t anybody’s fault. It just happened.
这不是任何人的错,但确实发生了
Who is to blame?
该责备谁呢?
But we can learn, and if the knowledge is given to everyone,
但我们可以学习,如果知识是可以传授给任何人的
then we can have lots of leaders.
很多人都可以做酋长
And soon everyone will be strong,
很快,每个人都会变得强大…
not just the ones that have been chosen.
而不仅仅是那些被选中的人
Because sometimes, even if you’re the leader
因为有时候,即使你是酋长
and you need to be strong,
你必须坚强…
you can get tired…
但你也会疲惫
…like our ancestor Paikea,
就像我们的祖先, 派凯亚
when he was lost at sea and he couldn’t find the land
他迷失在海上… 他找不到这片土地
and he probably wanted to die,
也许他想到了死
but he knew the ancient ones were there for him.
但他知道他的先人在守望着他…
So he called to them to lift him up and give him strength.
他于是召唤他们,祈求他们赐予他力量
This is his chant. I dedicate it to my grandfather.
这就是他的颂歌♥,我把它献给我的祖父
Is she alright? She’s asleep.
她怎么样了? 睡着了
That old man know she’s staying the night?
老头知道她今晚睡在这里吗?
If he doesn’t like it, he can sleep in the road.
如果他不喜欢,就让他自己睡到路上去
Might be time for us to leave, eh, dear?
是时候,我们该走了
What is it?
怎么了?
You’d better come have a look.
你们最好来看看
Who is to blame?
该责备谁呢?
I called them and they came…
我召唤它们,它们来了…
,, but it wasn’t right.
但出了问题
They were dying.
它们在死去
Hey, keep away from the blowhole.
别浇到喷水孔里去,就这样 在四周就可以了
OK?
你还好吗?
It’s dead
它死了
Koro knew what it meant.
柯洛知道这意味着什么
It was Paikea’s whale…
它们是派凯亚的鲸鱼
…sent to us because we were in trouble.
因为我们有了麻烦才来帮助我们的
Dad.
爸爸?
We’ve got to turn it around. How?
我们要给它翻个身 怎么翻?
Get a tractor down here, some ropes. We’ll wait for the tide.
找辆拖拉机和些绳子来 我们等到涨潮
If… if we can move it, the others will follow.
如果不把它们拖回去,其他的会跟来的
Get the men.
叫男人们来
They’re stuffed. Half of them have been up all night.
他们都累了 一半的人整晚都没合眼
They’ll do it for you.
他们会听你的的
It was a test…
这是一次考验…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!