Yeah, they do,
是的,但我认为…
except I think it’s become even more than that.
他想要的更多
In his head, your Koro, he needs a prophet.
在他的脑袋里,你的柯洛, 他需要的是一个先知
What’s that?
那是什么?
Well, somebody who’s gonna lead our people out of the darkness
一个能领导我们走出黑暗的人…
and who’ll make everything alright again.
能够扭转乾坤的人
Only problem is you can’t just decide who those people are
问题是,你不能替别人决定他们应该是什么的人
just because you want them to be, eh?
就因为你想他们成为什么样的人,是吗?
Like my brother?
就像我的兄弟?
Yeah.
是的
Your Koro made himself believe so strongly
你的 柯洛让自己强烈得
that he was gonna be the one.
相信你兄弟就是这样的人
But what if he was?
但如果他真是呢?
And what if he wasn’t?
如果不是呢?
You know, your Koro did the same thing with me.
你的柯洛, 也曾经这样对待我
Is that why he’s so hard on you?
所以他才对你这样苛求,是吗?
Yep, pretty much.
是的,压力很大
Because I can’t be what he wants, eh?
因为我成不了他想的那种人
Me neither.
我也不能
You think about it, OK?
想想好吗?
You know, you’d make me really happy
如果你能和我一起生活
if you’d come and stay with me.
我会很高兴的 嗯
Just think about it.
好好想想
Ready, Pai? One more go.
准备好了吗, 派? 再转一圈
You be good to that girl.
好好对待她
That’s right, you look.
好了,你看
I’m gonna need all the firstborn boys.
我需要召集所有头胎生的男孩
It’s time they learnt
他们该知道了
Learnt what?
知道什么?
When she was born, that’s when things went wrong for us.
她一出生,我们就厄运降临
That’s where we’ll find the answer.
这就是答案
You alright?
你好吗?
Stop the car.
停车
Pai?
派?
What is it, Pai?
怎么了, 派?
Can we go home now?
我们现在可以回家吗?
But why? What is it? What’s wrong?
为什么,怎么了?
I have to go home.
我得回家
But why?
为什么?
I just have to.
我必须回去
I know.
我知道了
Here, it’s OK.
好吧
There is some discussion that we…
有些讨论关于…
Paka!
爷爷!
I’m back.
我回来了
Not now, Pai.
现在不行, 派.
But I’m back.
但我回来了
I’m back.
回来了
Anyway… where does that information come from?
无论如何… 这些从哪儿来的?
It comes from the books and our…
书本上来的
You shouldn’t be smoking.
你不该抽烟
Trying to give up, aren’t I?
我正在戒
How come you didn’t go with your dad?
你为什么没和你♥爸♥走? 我走了
I did. Hmm, for one day.
就走了一天
I would’ve gone.
要是我早走远了
When my dad gets out, I’m gonna go with him.
等我爸爸出去的时候,我一定跟他走
Where?
去哪里?
Wherever. Get out of this dump.
随便,只要离开这里
Koro’s gonna be pissed off when he sees you smoking.
柯洛看见你抽烟会不高兴的
No, he won’t, ’cause he’s not coming.
不,不会的,因为他不会到这儿来
Is so. No.
是吗 是的
He’s getting the school ready.
他在准备学校的事情
What school?
什么学校?
For us fellas, to teach us the old ways and that.
教我们这些年轻人传统事物的学校
Probably gonna be a stink.
也许会很无聊
You can come on the bus if you want.
如果你愿意,可以上巴士来
I’m waiting for Koro
我要等柯洛
But he’s not coming. I said I’m waiting.
他不会来的 我说了,我要等他
When you’re ready.
你什么时候准备好
When everyone’s here, I’ll be ready.
人来齐了,我就好了
They are here.
他们都来了
Those boys have waited half an hour.
已经等了半小时了
You tell her you weren’t picking her up?
你告诉她不会去接她了吗?
She could’ve come on the bus.
她也许上巴士了
You pick her up every day for years and she’s just supposed to guess?
这么多年,你每天都接她 你要她怎么想?
Good. Let’s go.
很好,我们走
Do the welcome, bub.
你来做欢迎仪式吧,孩子
Go on.
去吧
What do you think you’re doing?
你在干什么?
Pai, you’re a girl. Go to the back.
派 你是女孩,到后面去
What did I say?
听到我说的了吗?
What did I say?!
听到我说的了吗?
Then leave.
那你就走开
Go on!
走!
For you boys…
对于男孩子来说
…this will be a sacred school of learning.
这是所神圣的学校
You’ll be taught in the old ways in all the qualities of a chief.
你们将接受传统的教育… 学会作为酋长的所有本领
You will be tested for your strength,
你们的力量…
your courage, your intelligence and your leadership.
勇气和智慧还有领导能力… 将会受到考验
Paikea’s canoe sank
派凯亚的船沉了…
and he called on the ancient ones for strength.
他乞求祖先赐予他力量
You’re going to learn that chant, all of you,
你们要学习这首颂歌♥
learn it exactly.
每个字都要学会
And if you break the chant, you will suffer the utu.
如果中途停顿将会…
The consequences.
招致不幸
Like what? Someone dying or something?
什么样的不幸? 会死人吗?
Like your dick’ll drop off.
你的鸡鸡会掉下来
So hold onto your dicks.
把你的鸡鸡抓牢了
Enough! Hold onto your dick!
够了,抓牢你们的鸡鸡
Now… repeat after me.
跟我念
The taiaha is an instrument of war…
塔亚哈是一种作战工具…
…a tool for fighting.
一种武器
If you want to master it, you’ve got to show it respect.
如果你想掌握它,首先必须尊重它
Hemi, here.
海米,过来
Pick it up.
拣起来
Good.
很好
Be angry.
愤怒吧
Anger’s part of your battle.
愤怒也是战斗的一部分
You got to learn to control it.
你们得学会控制它
Now, take a break, get a drink of water.
现在休息一会儿,喝点水
The rest of you in pairs.
剩下的人捉对练习
Koro know you’re doing that?
柯洛知道你在做什么吗?
I’m not doing anything.
我什么也没做
How come you’re hiding round here, then?
那你躲在这儿干吗?
Koro’s cool, eh?
柯洛很酷,是吧?
He’s teaching us to be warriors, men.
他在教我们成为斗士
Gonna be chiefs.
我们会成为酋长
Gonna smack all those other ones.
我们会打败其他人
You shouldn’t have hit Koro like that.
你不该这样打柯洛
He was alright. He was real patient, eh?
他没事的,他很耐心,是吗?
How come he won’t let you do it?
他为什么不让你做酋长?
Girls aren’t allowed.
女孩子没资格
You could sit up the back as long as you were quiet.
你可以坐在后面, 只要你不出声
I wouldn’t mind.
我不介意
You’re not even holding it right.
你拿的姿势都不对
Your hands should be like this.
手应该这样
And your feet…
脚应该…
…like this.
这样
Go back to the school, Hemi.
回学校吧, 海米.
I said go.
我说, ”回去”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!