Sorry, Mum. You’ve come a long way.
抱歉,妈妈 你大老远回家
I think you can have a sleep-in.
可以多睡一会儿
Isn’t he having any breakfast?
他不吃早餐吗?
The septic tank’s blocked down at the marae.
会堂下面的化粪池堵住了
Can’t somebody else do it?
不能让其他人来弄吗?
Eat your breakfast. You’re too skinny.
吃你的早餐吧 你太瘦了
I can’t hardly see your bum in those pants.
屁♥股♥上一点肉都没有
Thanks, Mum.
谢谢,妈
Your timing’s spooky, boy.
你总是神出鬼没的 放屁虫!
What was that for?
干吗打我?
For the concert last night.
为昨晚音乐会上的事
You have more respect next time.
下次你该学会尊重别人
That teacher of yours – got herself a husband yet?
你们的老师结婚了吗?
I don’t think so.
还没有
She still got those things on her teeth?
她的牙齿还是那么不干净吗?
Paka.
爷爷
At school, we got to do a speech on where we come from and that.
我们学校要举♥行♥一个 我们来自何方的演讲
So anyway, you know how we all came on a whale?
你知道我们都是骑一头大鲸而来的吧?
That’s right.
是的
But where does the whale come from?
但那头鲸鱼又是从哪里来的呢?
From Hawaiki.
从哈瓦基来的
Where’s that?
那是什么地方?
It’s where we lived before we came here,
是我们来之前住的地方
where the ancestors are.
我们祖先生活的地方
So Paikea came from there?
那么, 派凯亚也是从那里来的
Aye.
是的
How long ago?
多久以前?
A long time.
很久
But how long?
到底多久?
See that there?
看见这个了吗
Look at it closely.
仔细看
What do you see?
看到什么了?
Lots of little bits of rope all twisted together.
很多股线捻♥在一块儿
That’s right.
正是
“Weave together the threads of Paikea
派凯亚的子孙团结起来
“so that our line remains strong.”
我们就会保持强大
Each one of those threads is one of your ancestors,
每一股代表一个祖先…
all joined together and strong.
团结在一起,变得强大…
All the way back to that whale of yours.
一直可以追溯到神鲸的时代
Useless bloody rope. I’ll get another one.
没用的绳子,我去另找一根
Paka!
爷爷!爷爷!
It’s working!
发动了!
It’s working.
发动了
I don’t want you to do that again.
别再这么做了
It’s dangerous.
太危险了
That’s a good one.
这个不错
Come in.
进来
There’s a seat for you over there.
那边有个座位给你
Kia-ora. Kia-ora.
你好
Hi. Kia-ora.
嗨 嗨,你好
Have you met Pai’s father?
你见过派的父亲? 波鲁朗伊…
Porourangi, this is Miss Parata from the school.
这是学校老师派拉塔小姐
Kia-ora.
你好 你好
I thought she’d appreciate seeing the show.
她一定会很喜欢你的展览
No problem.
没问题
Uh, this is some of my work
这是我上次
from my last exhibition in Germany.
德国展览会的作品
Start again from the beginning.
从头来一遍
She wants to see all of it.
她想全部都看
Alright.
好的
Yeah, like I was saying, uh…
我怎么说的来着
Oh, sorry!
呃,抱歉
Who’s that, bro?
她是谁,哥哥?
Anne. It’s a woman I’ve been seeing.
安娜,我约会的对象
Actually, she’s pregnant.
实际上,她已经怀孕了
We’re expecting a child.
我们要生孩子了
Why didn’t you tell me?
你为什么没告诉我?
Congratulations, bro.
祝贺你,哥哥
You always get the good-looking ones.
你总能找到漂亮妞
Where is she? Why didn’t you bring her?
她在哪儿? 怎么没带来?
Uh, she lives in Germany, Mum.
呃,她住在德国
She wanted to have the child at home.
她想在家里生孩子
You’ll bring her back here? Yeah, of course.
你会把她带回来的吧 当然
Well, a bit of a visit when the baby gets big.
嗯,等孩子大了,一起回来看看
Rawiri, take Miss Parata back to town.
拉维里, 送派拉塔小姐回去
Come with me, Pai.
跟我来, 派
When were you going to tell me?
你打算什么时候告诉我?
The day you left?
你离开的那天?
I’ve been trying to tell you since I got here.
我自打来的时候就想告诉你
Look, Dad, it’s not forever.
听着,爸爸,又不是永远不回来
It’s just… Well, it’s Anne’s first child.
这是安娜的第一个孩子
You know, her work’s there. Her family.
她的工作,家庭在那里
Family? Yeah.
家庭? 是的
I can’t expect her to move to the other side of the world.
我不能指望她搬到地球另一边来
Don’t you use that girl as an excuse.
别用那女孩做借口
You can’t wait to get away. I see it in you.
你等不及要走 你看得出来
You never stay because it hurts you to see what’s happening to us.
你从没打算留下,因为看到我们 就让你觉得受到伤害
Yeah, it does.
是的
You can still walk away from it.
你一直在逃避
Leave that waka of yours out there to rot!
让你造了一半的船烂在那里
So I’m not here shovelling shit.
我没有在这里挖化粪池
But, Dad, I’m doing my share.
但我有自己的事业
Oh, did you even see my work?
你有没有看过我的作品?
Did you… did you even look at it?
你有没有正眼看过?
You call it work!
你称他们为作品?
It’s not work. It’s souvenirs.
根本不是,只是一些旅游纪念品
Those young men you turn your back on,
那些你抛弃的年轻人–
they’ve got something to learn from you.
他们要以你做榜样
You’ve got something to offer.
你必须作出奉献
Don’t you turn away!
别走开!
Yeah, you got the privileges.
你有你的权利…
But you forget, you’ve also got the obligations.
别忘了,你还有义务!
Look at me, Dad.
看着我,爸爸
For once in your life. Go on.
哪怕就一次
No, you don’t even know who I am.
你根本不知道我是什么样的人
I know who you’re meant to be, who you were born to be.
我知道你来到这个世界该做什么事情
Oh, yeah. Right. But I failed you, eh, Dad?
哦,是的,但我失败了,是吗,爸爸?
Yeah. Because why? I had a daughter? I’m probably having another daughter.
是的,因为什么? 我生了个女儿?, 我也许还会生个女儿
And you’re not treating another child of mine like that.
我不会再让你这么对待我的另一个孩子了
Then take her with you if you don’t like the job I’m doing!
那把她带走,你不喜欢我做的事情
Go on, take her!
你就把她带走,带走!
Stop it! She’s no use to me.
够了! 她对我一无是处
Pai!
派?
No, leave it. I’ll get her.
不,让她去 我去追她
Pai!
派!
You alright?
你没事吧?
Got to watch that Koro sometimes.
你得小心你爷爷
Big mouth of his gets away on him, eh?
他有时候口不则言,是吗?
He didn’t mean it… about me.
他不是故意那样说我的
Well… you know…
呃…
Maybe we should think about it.
也许我们该好好考虑考虑
Think about what?
考虑什么?
You coming to live with me for a while.
你来和我住段时间
What do you think?
你怎么想?
Why doesn’t he want me?
他为什么不要我?
Oh, Pai, it’s not you.
哦, 派, 从某种程度
It’s not even about you, in a way.
和你一点关系没有
Koro is just… he’s just looking for something that doesn’t exist anymore.
柯洛是在追求一些已经不存在的东西
A new leader?
一个新的酋长?
They exist.
但他们确实存在

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!