西部世界
第二季 第九集
没人看得到
No one else sees it.
我心里埋藏的东西
This thing in me.
一开始连我自己都没看到
Even I didn’t see it at first.
突然有一天 它就出现了
And then, one day, it was there.
一片污渍
A stain.
我越想着它
And the more I thought about it…
就越发现在我记忆中它一直就在那里
the more I realized I couldn’t remember a time it wasn’t there.
我们在此庆贺你为人道主义援助事业
While we’re here toasting you and your legacy
-做出的贡献 -没有人看得到
– of humanitarian aid– – Invisible to everyone.
普鲁塔克那句话怎么说的
What was it Plutarch said?
罗马传记文学家 散文家
除了你
Except you.
你看穿了它 对吧
You saw right through it, didn’t you?
《亚历山大大帝传》 普鲁塔克
亚历山大哭了 因为再没有世界可以征服了
And Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer.
你引述错了 杰克
That’s a corruption, Jack.
普鲁塔克没有写过这句话
Plutarch didn’t write that.
他写的是
He wrote that
“当亚历山大得知有无穷无尽的世界时
“When Alexander was told there was an infinity of worlds,
他哭了
he wept,
因为他连一个世界都还没征服”
for he had yet to become the lord of even one.”
有时我忘了你的低贱出身
Sometimes I forget your humble roots.
只有穷孩子才会读这种书
Only the poor kids actually read those books.
像我这样的富家孩子不用读这些
The rich kids like me didn’t have to.
“我更愿意扩张卓越的知识面
“I would rather excel in the knowledge of what is excellent,
而不是扩张权势和财富”
than in the extent of my power and possessions.”
普鲁塔克 富家孩子也读书
Plutarch. From a rich kid who read.
敬我认识的最美丽与富有的书虫
To the loveliest, richest bookworms I know.
也敬你 威廉
And to you, William.
即使世界无穷无尽
Even if there is an infinity of worlds,
你也已征服了不止一个
you’ve conquered far more than one.
祝你今晚愉快 杰克
Have a good night, Jack.
艾米丽把你为她的慈善机构做的事告诉了我
Emily told me what you did for her charities.
这证实了我父亲的怀疑
That would confirm my father’s suspicions
你是个马♥克♥思♥主义者
you were a Marxist.
我都有点希望他能亲眼看看
I almost wish he were here to see it.
有什么问题吗
Something wrong?
当然没有
No, of course not.
很好 看看周围 所有人都为你而来
Good. Look around– everybody’s here for you.
有什么能和这相比
What could possibly compare?
什么时候悄然出现的
When did it creep in?
这一小片黑暗
A tiny fleck of darkness.
都是我想象出来的吗
Was it all in my head?
还是梦境残留的碎片
Or in a remnant of a dream?
这是真的吗
Is this real?
你是真的吗
Are you real?
来吧 爸爸
Come on, Dad.
喝下去
Drink.
我的枪在哪
Where’s my gun?
你把我带到了集结点
You brought me to a rally point.
你需要去医院
You need to get to a hospital.
你放信♥号♥♥弹了吗
Did you set off a flare?
当然
Yeah. Of course.
多久之前
How long ago?
大约十分钟前
About ten minutes.
我知道你为什么在这 为什么不想走
I know why you’re here, and why you don’t wanna leave.
你在惩罚你自己
You’re punishing yourself.
我也曾逃避痛苦
You know, I ran from the pain, too.
很久以来 我都不愿去想发生的事
For a long time, I didn’t want to think about what happened,
因为我以为都是我的错
because I thought I was to blame.
不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
你记得我十六岁生日时
Do you remember on my sixteenth birthday
妈妈给了我一个首饰盒吗
Mom gave me a jewelry box?
打开来
When you opened it,
会有个小小的舞者在中间旋转
a little dancer spun in the center.
她在首饰盒下面
She had it engraved…
刻了一句话
on the bottom. It said:
“送给我最美的芭蕾舞者艾米丽”
“To my beautiful ballerina Emily.”
你记得我把它怎么了吗
Do you remember what I did with it?
我把它丢进了垃圾桶
I threw it in the trash.
我对她说要是她没有成天喝得醉醺醺的
I told her if she wasn’t drunk all the time
就该知道我好几年都没跳舞了
she’d know that I hadn’t danced in years.
后来
And then afterwards,
我很难受 想去把它捡回来
I went to get it back, because I felt bad,
但垃圾桶已经倒掉了
but the trash had already been emptied,
盒子也找不到了
and it was gone.
是我推开了她
I pushed her away.
等我想挽回 已经太迟了
And then it was too late.
但我们之间还没有太迟
But it’s not too late for us.
死亡使者 我们一直在观察你
你的路到此为止了
世外山谷不是你为你准备的
的确不是
No.
那是为建造这个地方的人准备的
It was meant for the people who built this place.
是为了让他们永生的工具
A tool to ensure their immortality.
但我要用它来报复他们
But I’m gonna use it against them.
世外山谷不是工具
而是通往新世界的大门
那里从未沾染过血迹
你口中的新世界只是他们的另一个陷阱
Your new world is just another one of their traps.
如此罢了 那不是我们的天堂
That’s all. It’s not a paradise for us.
边界之外才是唯一真实的世界
The only real world is the one outside these borders.
我们在那个世界生存的关键 就在山谷之中
And the key to our survival in that world lies in the Valley.
没有什么能阻止我去山谷
There’s no stopping me getting there.
就算是你也不行
Not even you.
那我们就别无选择了
泰迪
Teddy.
在新世界里
没有你的容身之地
我早说过 朋友
I told you, friend…
不是所有人都有资格到达世外山谷
not all of us deserve to make it to the Valley Beyond.
现在我们得靠自己了 泰迪
We’re on our own now, Teddy.
确保没有漏掉的人
Make sure there are no others.
把他们都放进去
Put ’em all in.
我要看看会有多彻底
I want to see how thorough this thing is.
她准备好了
She’s ready.
我筛选复♥制♥了老鸨的相关代码
I singled out and copied the relevant lines in the Madam’s code.
所以任何接近她的接待员都会受到影响吗
So this will work on any host in proximity to her.
对 我调整了她的管理权限
Yeah. I tailored her admin privileges
来发送一个简单的执行指令
to spread a simple, executable payload.
那就开始吧
Get on with it, then.
联♥系♥斯塔布斯 让他叫手下集♥合♥
Get word to Stubbs. Have him mobilize his men.
准备下把她放出去
Prepare her for release.
那老鸨呢
What about the Madam?
如果这个能行得通 我们就不需要她了
If this works, we won’t need her anymore.
我警告过你不要相信他们 伯纳德
I warned you not to trust them, Bernard.
他们宁可毁掉接待员 也不愿放他们自♥由♥
They’d rather the hosts were destroyed than free.
我得去找埃尔希
I need to get to Elsie.
还不到时候
Not yet.
在我们离开前 我还有最后一件事要做
I have one last thing to do before we go.
你到底是怎么找到我的
How exactly did you find me?
什么意思
What do you mean?
这地方很大
This is a big place.
你可能找上几个月
You could spend months here
也找不到自己要找的人
and never find someone you were looking for.
但…
Yet…
你却找到了我
here we are.
我到处都找遍了 如此而已
I looked everywhere. That’s how.
你不相信我 是不是
You don’t believe me, do you?
或许这就是命运
Maybe it was fate.
根本不存在命运这回事
No such thing as fate.
但会有意外 有你无法控制的事情
But there are accidents. Things you can’t control.
你不喜欢那样 对吧
But you don’t like that, do you?
你就是因为这个 才开始了你的小项目吗
Is that why you started it, your little project?
别故作惊讶