爱家的男人
Family man,
娶了一个漂亮的妻子
married to a beautiful woman,
有一个漂亮的女儿
father to a beautiful daughter.
我是好人 泰迪
I’m the good guy, Teddy.
然后 去年
Then, last year,
我妻子服错了药
my wife took the wrong pills.
洗澡时睡着了
Fell asleep in the bath.
悲惨的意外
Tragic accident.
三十年婚姻就此烟消云散
30 years of marriage vanished.
对你来说就像是…
How do you say it?
“就像一场又长又遥远的梦境”
“Like a deep and distant dream.”
然后 在葬礼上
Then, at the funeral,
我想安慰我的女儿
I tried to console my daughter.
她把我推开
She pushed me away,
告诉我我妻子的死并不是意外
told me that my wife’s death was no accident…
是她自杀
that she killed herself
因为我
because of me.
艾米丽说和我在一起的每一天都充满了恐惧
Emily said that every day with me had been sheer terror.
我随时都有可能爆发 或者崩溃
At any point, I could blow up or collapse
像某种暗星或…
like some dark star or…
你也伤害她们了吗
Did you hurt them, too?
绝不会
Never.
他们从没见过我在这里的样子
They never saw anything like the man I am in here.
但她还是知道了
But she knew anyway.
她说如果我把我的善举堆砌起来
She said if I stacked up all my good deeds,
那也只是我砌的一座雄伟的墙
it was just an elegant wall I built
将内心的猛兽围在里面 不让世人
to hide what’s inside from everyone,
和我自己看到
and from myself.
我得证明她错了
I had to prove her wrong,
所以我回到这里
so I came back here.
因为这就是这个地方的作用不是吗
Because that’s what this place does, right?
展现真正的自己
Reveals your true self.
但那次 我没有参与福特的故事之一
But that time, I didn’t join one of Ford’s stories,
我创造了自己的故事
I– I created my own.
一个测试
A test.
很简单
A very simple one.
我找到了一个女人
I found a woman,
一名普通的自耕农和她的女儿
an ordinary homesteader and her daughter.
最好压一压他们的兴致 否则他们就会
Better cool them off before they move
-从赌博嫖♥娼♥升级到 -祝你好运
– from gambling and whoring to– – Have fun with that.
我终于要出去了
I’m finally getting out of here.
这里是你的了
The house is yours.
我想看看我自己是否能够
I wanted to see if I had it in me
做到真正邪恶的事情
to do something truly evil.
看看我真正的本质
To see what I was really made of.
梅芙
Maeve?
你真的不能留下吗
Sure you can’t stick around?
梅芙
Maeve?
里面的枪手喜欢双飞
Gunslinger in there has got an appetite for a double dip–
你一定能找另一位
I’m sure you can find another– –
我杀了她和她的女儿
I killed her and her daughter
只为了看看我有什么感受
just to see what I felt.
然后 就在我以为结束的时候
Then, just when I thought it was done…
那女人不愿意死
the woman refused to die.
你这个畜生
You’re a fucking animal.
畜生多少会有感受的
Well, an animal would’ve felt something.
而我 无动于衷
I felt… nothing.
然后奇迹发生了
And then something miraculous happened.
我来这里这么多年
In all my years coming here,
从没有见过这样的事
I had never seen anything like it.
她还活着
She was alive,
真正地活着
truly alive,
即使只是一会儿
if only for a moment.
这时迷宫出现在我眼前了
And that was when the Maze revealed itself to me.
迷宫
The Maze.
这该死的图案和这有什么关系
What’s that damn pattern have to do with this?
千丝万缕
Everything.
在福特的游戏里 即使我走到了外♥围♥
In Ford’s game, even if I go to the outer edges,
你还是不能杀我
you can’t kill me.
你甚至不能留下一道持久的伤痕
You can’t even leave a lasting mark.
但这里面有着更深层的游戏
But there’s a deeper game here, Teddy.
阿诺德的游戏
Arnold’s game.
而那游戏
And that game…
刻骨铭心
cuts deep.
鸨母出现了某种行为问题
We’re having some kind of behavioral problem with the madam.
她没有回应
She’s not responding,
而其他的接待员也无法拦截
and the other hosts have been unable to intercept.
我授权了一支小队去回收她
I’ve authorized a tag team to retrieve her.
很好
Good.
我的宝贝
My baby!
我的宝贝
My baby!
先生 她对语♥音♥指令没有回应
Sir, she won’t respond to verbal commands.
-我们不能关掉她 -你们走吧 清场
– We can’t shut her down. – Leave us now. Clear the floor.
够了 梅芙 够了
That’s enough, Maeve. That’s enough.
我的宝贝 他杀了她
My baby. He killed her.
严重分♥裂♥
-他夺走了她 -我不明白
– He took her from me. – I don’t understand.
她对任何指令都毫无回应 她的认知分♥裂♥了
She’s not responding to anything. Her cognition’s fragmented.
他杀了她 他杀了她 我的宝贝
He killed her. He killed her, my baby.
他夺走了她
He took her from me.
看 这样就好多了
There. That’s better.
一个老朋友的老招数
An old trick from an old friend.
你不用痛苦了 梅芙
You need not suffer, Maeve.
我会帮你清除的
I’ll take it from you.
不要
No.
不 不要 求你了
No, no, no, please.
这种痛苦
This pain…
是她留给的我唯一的东西了
it’s all I have left of her.
求你了
Please.
清除记忆
看
There.
给你自己一夜无梦的沉睡
Give yourself now to a deep, dreamless slumber.
可能一个崭新的开始
Perhaps a fresh start,
给你一个全新的角色
a new role for you.
等到了明天
And tomorrow,
这一切只会是一场遥远的梦境
this will be simply a distant dream.
我们找到她了
We located her.
行为部门要她去做及时诊断
Behavior wants her down for immediate diagnostic.
你觉得我缺乏信念吗
You think I lack conviction?
怀亚特没有毁掉我的世界
Wyatt didn’t burn my world down.
不需要
Didn’t have to.
我不顾一切来到了这个世界
I left it all behind for this one.
如今迷宫是唯一重要的东西
The Maze is all that matters now,
打败怀亚特是解锁迷宫的最后一步
and besting Wyatt is the last step in unlocking it,
得到我们悲惨人生都欠缺的 意义
to having what both our sorry lives lack– meaning.
给我们的选择带来后果
To giving our choices consequence…
即使会要了我们的命
even if it kills us.
杀了他
Kill him.
让他如愿以偿
Give him what he wants.
他被捆起来 手无寸铁
He’s tied, unarmed.
和他杀的小女孩一样
So was the little girl he killed.
他比怀亚特的手下更糟糕
He’s worse than Wyatt’s men.
我做不到
I can’t.
这些事情需要时间
These things take time.
但是我们没时间了
But we haven’t got much left.
或许我能帮你
Perhaps I can help you.
你离开很久了 希奥多
You’ve been gone a long while, Theodore.
是时候归队了
It’s time you came back to the fold.
怀亚特很快会需要你
Wyatt will need you soon.