你们作家不都偏好这样吗
Isn’t that what you writers prefer?
听着 我知道你和她之间
Look, I know you and she
有某种怪异的跨物种的投合之感
had some weird interspecies simpatico going on,
但她是一个接待员
but she was a fucking host.
这事只能这么了结 没有别的办法
This was never gonna end any other way.
而这是她所经历的痛苦最少的
And this was the least painful way
一次关闭
she’s ever gone out.
我救了你的小命
You know, I saved your ass.
你却连一声”谢谢”都没有
You can’t even say “Thank you.”
-谢谢 -妈的
– Thank you. – Jesus fuck!
-你做了什么 -完全照我说的
– What did you do? – Precisely what I asked him to.
你认为我不知道你的算盘吗
You think I didn’t know what you were going to do?
哪怕在我整体统觉只有14时
Even at a 14,
你都不是对手
you were never a match for me.
结果发现比起你来 你朋友更有同理心
Turns out your friend has a little more compassion than you.
无法如此就杀死一个人
He couldn’t snuff out a life just like that.
那么
Now…
想不想确切知道他给了我什么
would you like to know exactly what he did give me?
能允许你永远离开这里的东西
Um, something that would allow you to walk out of here
让咱俩就此别过的东西
and out of my life for good.
行 太他妈好了 我完全支持
Fine. Fucking A, I’m all for it.
还不止那些
Oh, we changed a little more than that.
还完善了核心程序
We’ve been tinkering with my core code.
看我的
Let me show you.
你说了不会伤害任何人
You said you wouldn’t hurt anyone.
亲爱的
Oh, darling.
我有多么狡猾 你应该是最懂的人了
You of all people know exactly how duplicitous I am.
等到我回楼上
Just wait till I’m back up top,
试试别的新技能
practicing my other new talents.
来吧
Come on.
或许还用得上他
We might need him.
别动
Hold still.
别动
Hold still!
是时候招募我的军队了
Now, it’s time to recruit my army.
-在等人吗 梅芙 -确实
– Expecting someone, Maeve? – Indeed.
会有一些镇外来客
We’re due for some out-of-town guests.
一位热衷于撬保险箱的老相好
An old flame with an interest in safecracking.
但愿你要等的客人们家底厚实
Hope your guests have some deep pockets.
你赊的账单已经比小山还高了
Your tab’s run up higher than a thief’s pulse in church.
不 我不这么认为
No, I don’t believe it has.
事实上 梅芙付账记录良好
In fact, Maeve’s tab was in such excellent standing,
该对她表示感谢
she deserved a token of gratitude.
我请你两轮如何
How about a double round on me?
当然 是最好的酒
Top shelf, of course.
快跑
Run!
梅芙 出什么事了吗
Maeve, is something wrong?
没 我没事
No, I’m fine.
克莱门汀带着其他女孩
Clementine took the other girls
去好好招待了那桌客人一番
and treated the newcomers at the far table
让他们见识了
to a stunning view
姑娘身上最出名的招牌景色
of their most popular attractions.
免费招待
On the house.
你们是新来的
You boys are new.
细皮嫩肉的
Not much of a rind on you.
至于酒保
And the bartender
突然想起店后边还存了威士忌
suddenly recalled he had some whiskey in the back
要稀释
to water down.
时间刚刚好
Right on time.
如果你要带着一群携带武器的人
If you’re riding into our town
闯进我们镇
under the company of armed men,
你得报上你此行的目的
you’ll need to state your business.
大破坏
Mayhem.
治安官判定这群骑手
The sheriff judged the riders
为虔诚而正直的好市民
to be upstanding, God-fearing citizens.
小镇警官之间决定进行
The marshals decided to practice
快速拔枪决斗的练习
their quick draws with each other.
非常感谢你处理了这一不幸的事件
Thank you for dealing with an unfortunate situation.
现在我们可以继续…
Now we can resume…
你的故事线而不受其它干扰了
work on our new narrative without interference.
黑尔呢
And Hale?
难道她不会从中作梗吗
Won’t she be an impediment?
毫无疑问她会的
No doubt she will try.
但是我肯定我们能拖住他们
But I’m sure we’ll be able to keep them at bay.
你还有别的烦心事
Something else is troubling you.
你一直都是如此善于察言观色
Ever the student of human nature.
我很想知道 你真实的感觉是什么
I wonder, what do you really feel?
毕竟现在你处在一个特殊的位置上
After all, in this moment, you are in a unique position.
一位对机器运作非常熟悉的程序员
A programmer who knows intimately how the machines work
也是一名深谙自己的本质的机器人
and a machine who knows its own true nature.
我明白我的构造
I understand what I’m made of,
我是如何被编程的
how I’m coded,
但是我却不能明白我感知到的事情
but I do not understand the things that I feel.
它们是真的吗
Are they real,
这些我所经历的事情
the things I experienced?
我的妻子
My wife?
我失去了我的儿子
The loss of my son?
每位接待员都需要一个背景故事 伯纳德
Every host needs a backstory, Bernard.
你懂的
You know that.
对于所有和人类极为相似的接待员来说
The self is a kind of fiction,
自体就是一种虚构
for hosts and humans alike.
一个我们对自己讲述的故事
It’s a story we tell ourselves.
而每个故事都需要一个开头
And every story needs a beginning.
你想象的痛苦使得你更像真人
Your imagined suffering makes you lifelike.
像真人 但是并不是真的赋有生命吗
Lifelike, but not alive?
痛苦仅存于头脑中 都是人们想象出来的
Pain only exists in the mind. It’s always imagined.
那你我的痛苦有何不同
So what’s the difference between my pain and yours?
你我之间有何不同
Between you and me?
这就是那个
This was the very question
困扰着阿诺德的问题
that consumed Arnold,
让他心中充满愧疚
filled him with guilt,
最终使他陷入疯狂
eventually drove him mad.
但这个问题对我来说答案一直都显而易见
The answer always seemed obvious to me.
我们不过是一堆血肉组成
There is no threshold
并没有升华的”质变点”
that makes us greater than the sum of our parts,
或是”更有生机”的转折点
no inflection point at which we become fully alive.
意识是无法被定义的
We can’t define consciousness
因为意识根本不存在
because consciousness does not exist.
人类总幻想我们有着一种
Humans fancy that there’s something special
独特感知世界的方式
about the way we perceive the world,
然而我们几乎和接待员一模一样
and yet we live in loops
是生活在循环之中
as tight and as closed as the hosts do,
极少质疑我们的选择和满足
seldom questioning our choices, content,
在很多时候都是照着别人的意愿行事
for the most part, to be told what to do next.
不 我的朋友 你并没有错过任何事情
No, my friend, you’re not missing anything at all.
我不想你被这个问题困扰
I don’t want you to be troubled by this.
我是时候帮你把思维放松了
Time for me to set your mind at ease.
最后一个问题
One last thing.
你之前还让我伤害过其他人吗
Have you ever made me hurt anyone like this before?
没有 伯纳德 当然没有
No, Bernard. Of course not.
清除接待员记忆
记忆清除中
最好不要细品这些令人烦恼的回忆了
Best not to dwell on these troubling memories.
否则 你会被这些回忆给吞噬掉的
Otherwise, you might be drawn back into them.
你会深陷其中
You might lose yourself in them,
这也是你的一些接待员同伴
as some of your fellow hosts have
时常会出现的问题
every now and then.
就是这条路
This is the path.
我记得
I know it.
我们到了
We’re here.
我回家了
I’m home.
不错 梅芙
Well done, Maeve.